[✗] [Lore Addition/Fix] Illusory Phantasms

Demotheus

Just now, Demotheus said:

Check the guide though. Phantasms are a core of Illusion, with Glamours and Figments.

Phantasms are literally the creation of illusory emotions.

You forge these illusionary emotions to trick the mind into having a reaction to these, yeah.

As qouted:

7 minutes ago, Silver Vandal said:

You don't insert emotions, you project sensations that prompt a reaction from the individual.

True.

The day we start forcing people to feel emotions with out letting them see if their character would react properly against them is the day we let it run into the brickwall of powergaming.

The same situation used to happen a ton with Mental magic, in which people would force other characters actions with it. "u would feel a strong sensation to down your self haha xddd"

Thank god that was purged.

I like the concept of letting anything mental be suggestive.

Just now, First Enchanter said:

The day we start forcing people to feel emotions with out letting them see if their character would react properly against them is the day we let it run into the brickwall of powergaming.

The same situation used to happen a ton with Mental magic, in which people would force other characters actions with it. "u would feel a strong sensation to down your self haha xddd"

Thank god that was purged.

I like the concept of letting anything mental be suggestive.

It's hard to phrase. Either way, if emotional feeling is considered a sense to sensory illusion it only makes sense to alter that sense.

I never did say that they would be forced to do anything in particular to react. Basically just an emote for example would be [Illusion] You feel anger rising inside of you.

Or furthermore

[Illusion] Whenever Jim is in your field of view, you'd begin to feel anger/frustration.

Tell me if I'm wrong in this.

This doesn't seem nescesary. As it stands, phantasms are simply the suggestion of an emotion to your target's mind. I see nothing wrong with that. This change just doesn't click with me; but maybe I'm missing something?

Denied. We, as LT, feel that your lore will make illusion incredibly Over-Powered and unreasonable; this also breaks the fundamentals of illusion (coaxing your target and suggesting stimuli rather than forcing it).