[Lore Submission] Half Orc - Clarification Lore

HedgeHug

Half Orcs

7a6X1g_OjxMMlm5hS2G_XikgAFWUn0fXh8r0XbDJMHK16Ef6ff46PJjf3wt0z_BC8Iz7FO1FVGAOjIB8Kff1z399dtlSJ3R4p3KFiYQve2RDZGSwt1Kj9slQ8MXLn4znTyvbKXxp

Introduction

For long these people have roamed the lands unscated. Often pursued by the orcish warbands of old. Whitewashes by birth in the eye of the uruk kin they most often can be found in foreign settlements trying to keep their heads low - to simply Exist.

Though never there was given a full description as to how they live and are, what they look like or how their mixed blood affects them in any way. This was mostly the players say and thusly this lore piece will bring insight and clear set boundaries / choices for the player to make.

Birthing complications

The first complications arise after the impregnation of the female orc or other descendant. After the moment of Fade to Black it will take the usual time of nine months for the unborn to be birthed. The process itself for a Fe-Uruk should not bring a lot of trouble as these are beasts themselves. The issue however is that any other descendant will find this process extra difficult as the unborn are extra demanding for resources - the orcish genome forcing them to be larger than any known descendant babies.

The second big issue is the birthing itself. Again - Fe-Uruks receive little to no penalty or disadvantage due to the above stated fact. Other female descendants will be in life-danger at the moment of Fading to Birth - the event potentially able to ask too much of their body and tire them too much.

The following rule would apply: Birthing a half-orc of any combined races as a non-orcish descendant requires a roll. 1 being death, 2-10 extreme backlash(i.e. Passing out, unable to undertake anything for a week), 10-15 medium backlash (i.e. fatigued and most likely not able to do things for a day or two. And > 15 being a successful birthing.

Orcs and Humans

JrDbQ_8h-V0VAUloWzzk_oRuqfM2YgYBZkdsVF-N40LEd85ll4torImayNhFdVAYAzXhpgWi1LgmBT9VUMrLbJGIHaAnWgUult1jBkhfGOc_TAUFqcq6uig4r3eZpl2A0Q3ejZLk

The human body is the base of every descendant. A combination between uruk and human blood will bring about skin deformations: The orcish hide can prevail and a greenskin, redskin or blueskin may exist - though the usual beige human skin can also win this and thus offer for another color that is a little more out of the ordinary.

The physique would be that of a more beef human. Both male and female half orcs will have a bigger muscular mass on their body. The facial features can be one of two ways: more orcish means bigger tusks and rougher features. Or more humanoid and thus subtle, with smaller tusks.

The reachable size or height lays somewhere in between that of an Orc and Human - reaching anywhere between 4 ft to 6’4” (4ft being an Orc Halfling mixture.)

Orcs and Dwarves

vpYy2-tmxPtTvLW8sJrISTLHvzZBNHs3KO_payGxAKqYC8aUw7WKKPD5veaiHPUJgs2Mh4uZismF0ZWWc3iMJH1znPCypzDPC4H02x891gbQnspNc6sBQ7Sz24WlmIaQbKiN50tg

Dwarven anatomy attains that of a smaller humanoid body. A combination between uruk and dwed blood will bring about similar skin deformations though here the available colors might mix. The hide of this creature is thicker than any of the other mixtures.

The physique is, like the orc human combo, much beefier than the regular dwarf. They are also prone to gain more weight and can be considered obese. The dwarven blood will force a neat beard onto the chin being it male or female halfblood.

The reachable size or height lays somewhere in between that of an Orc and Dwarf, making them basically midget orcs (and no - not goblins). Their height not surpassing 5ft.

Orcs and Elves

pcKU1hB6zvbWSrThc9FTUQVmtVlG3BVW8Pb-Hm6hZVq13BDWqgRkwQBoQtu_vsNODlxwROZnJ710B911LEZd1HmhK4V8MFpsEgEZmxzcYEIQWzS5b8zvnDwOHHmu_t_pfoB8W-se

Elven inbred stand out from the previous two - as they lack a significant feature that they do have: their beefyness. For the half elven half uruk blood will make for more slender built orcs in comparison to the other combinations. They have long and pointy ears and relatively small tusks due to their more subtle features.

The same skin conditions apply - where the orcish green, red and blue can either replace or mix in with the elven beige, brown or black (depending on the subrace of elf thrown in the mix!). Remarkable would be that there is little to no facial hair growth, nor anywhere else on their body much like elves.

The reachable size or height lays somewhere around human length. Compared to the Uruk kin and the other blood mixes these are the more fragile kind.

Speech

Considering the fact that the original orcish dialect is both a social and anatomical thing mainly caused by their tusks - the half bloods (who generally have smaller tusks) suffer less from the forced Blah and may speak in a more common tongue - like form. Examples are:

Orc: Ug Bruddah, am lat nub rite in lat Grukk’r? Skah uff from mi uzg ohr mi wihl flat lat!

Half orc: Greetingz brother, are yuw nub right in yuw hed? *** off from mi landz or mi will kill yuw.

The mingling of Iblees’ Curses

Their very being of half impure blood makes them incapable of producing offspring. It is given that Half-Orcs with elven blood carry with them the elven curse of infertility (not sterile). Aside from this the specific types The orcish part of bloodlust remains present at all times. Where such things as Greed or a longer life may be added onto this.

TL;DR

Human + Orc = Short lifespan, smaller/weaker orc with bloodlust if aggravated enough.

Dwarf + Orc = Medium to Long lifespan, dwarf sized orc kin, fatties with bloodlust if aggravated enough.

Elf + Orc = Long lifespan, elven fertility curse, slim/weaker orc with bloodlust if aggravated enough.

Edit:

Changed fertility after discussion.

What about orcs and halflings?!?!

13 minutes ago, professorus said:

What about orcs and halflings?!?!

The mother would die whilst giving birth then - logically speaking

A former Orenian shaked as he feels the sheer abomination chilling his bones though he puts it down as being racist is now seen as Orenian and loyalists will be killed 

+1 I like the lore 

32 minutes ago, Hedgehug said:

Their very being of half impure blood makes them incapable of producing offspring. It is given that Half-Orcs are infertile entirely.

I do not agree with this at all. Can you give a more in-depth explanation as to why they should- or are- infertile?

Otherwise, the other clarifications are good.

ja

edit: we should go one step further: half-breeds are like mules; no fertility. 

I don't understand why you need to make them entirely infertile with this though? There's no real reason for it as far as I can tell? And the curses should just be that halfbreeds suffer equally in all respects for every different race they're composed of. And heights are usually the average between the two parents' heights give or take a couple inches (usually depending on gender). If you have a six foot human and eight foot orc the child should be somewhere around seven feet generally. At least when you're considering how actual genetics tend to work. Good lore piece anyway.

EDIT: ALSO MIGHT I SAY: DWARF + ORC HYBRID CONFIRMED!?

BRING ON THE DORKS.

Shouldn't be any reason that a half breed can't have children. Halfbreeds don't become infertile, they just gain all the curses of their descendants.

Basically what others said, there's 0 reason that half-orcs would be infertile or anything past having the two curses of the parents (e.g. greed + bloodlust for the dwarven combo).

Edit: Okay so it cut off the rest of my reply. I do like how you explain the tusks and anatomy and all that though. The birthing complications is kind of meh since rollplay isn't something that will be followed or enforced since staff can't monitor these kinds of things.

27 minutes ago, Pandasan said:

I do not agree with this at all. Can you give a more in-depth explanation as to why they should- or are- infertile?

Otherwise, the other clarifications are good.

I agree with Panda, if any of the Half Orcs were to be infertile it would really only be of Elvish race as no other races have a curse of infertility. Though even at that, i've seen elf half orcs give cubs as well.

Half breeds being infertile honestly makes sense. The races are so genetically different  that the varied bodies can cause complications in the birthing process, it would make less sense if they were not literal races.

1 hour ago, Gladuos said:

I don't understand why you need to make them entirely infertile with this though?

Worth a watch

1 hour ago, Jistuma said:

Shouldn't be any reason that a half breed can't have children. Halfbreeds don't become infertile, they just gain all the curses of their descendants.

See above

1 hour ago, Gladuos said:

EDIT: ALSO MIGHT I SAY: DWARF + ORC HYBRID CONFIRMED!?

Confirmed o7

1 hour ago, The Pink Lion said:

The birthing complications is kind of meh since rollplay isn't something that will be followed or enforced since staff can't monitor these kinds of things.

Guidelines

1 hour ago, The Pink Lion said:

Basically what others said, there's 0 reason that half-orcs would be infertile or anything past having the two curses of the parents (e.g. greed + bloodlust for the dwarven combo).

I was simply inspired by this video, even though there is no reason 'technically' shouldn't mean it is possible. See it as a quirk of my own makings, as this is semi-original lore.

7 minutes ago, Hedgehug said:

Yeah I knew you'd be linking that video. The thing is that that is put forth as a suggestion to roleplay, not something that should be hammered down like this. Not to mention I feel it really doesn't fit with the lore we have on this server. We have things like halflings or adunians which are descendants of halfbreeds. To suggest this infertility among halfbreeds becomes a rule suggests we invalidate those types of races.