[Lore Submission] Half Orc - Clarification Lore

HedgeHug

Just now, Gladuos said:

Yeah I knew you'd be linking that video. The thing is that that is put forth as a suggestion to roleplay, not something that should be hammered down like this. Not to mention I feel it really doesn't fit with the lore we have on this server. We have things like halflings or adunians which are descendants of halfbreeds. To suggest this infertility among halfbreeds becomes a rule suggests we invalidate those types of races.

It's a minor point that can be changed at the LT's discretion if it comes to that alone.

Right now I see it as a unique quirk of the halfbreeds *inhales* INSPIRED ... by the video linked above.

6 minutes ago, Hedgehug said:

-snip-

Interesting video. However, I still do not agree with complete infertility. Especially with half-breeds in the past who have mated and produced offspring. Infertility should only be applied with the Elven curse.

I saw that video, but halfbreeds in LOTC already have their drawbacks. A half elf/orc/etc, is worse in almost all things than if they were original. Infertility is a curse, so only the half orc/elves should have that problem. If you give it to every half way, then you are saying that the half elves don't have a second curse.

13 minutes ago, Jistuma said:

Infertility is a curse, so only the half orc/elves should have that problem. If you give it to every half way, then you are saying that the half elves don't have a second curse.

as said before - I'll happily drop this if the LT dictates its the only point holding them back from accepting the lore.

2 hours ago, The Pink Lion said:

infertile

19 minutes ago, Jistuma said:

Infertility

20 minutes ago, Pandasan said:

infertility

2 hours ago, Marijuanaology said:

infertility

33 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

infertility

See lore - changes made.

On my phone so excuse my bad formatting.

"It is given that Half-Orcs with elven blood are infertile entirely. Aside from this the specific types The orcish part of bloodlust remains dormant at all times. Where such things as Greed or a longer life may be added onto this."

Wouldnt the elvish infertility curse just make it harder to actually get pregnant and such? Like it does in a normal elf instead of just making every elf entirely infertile.

Beggin_Bill did the best half-orc. He looked like an ogrin from warhammer.

Urukish blah isn't from tusks, no one has to speak blah.

2 hours ago, | ZipZapMan | said:

Wouldnt the elvish infertility curse just make it harder to actually get pregnant and such? Like it does in a normal elf instead of just making every elf entirely infertile.

I agree. It shouldn't entirely make you infertile. Just make it more difficult to produce offspring since that is what the Curse is.

8 hours ago, L0rdB0rd said:

Urukish blah isn't from tusks, no one has to speak blah.

Tru

8 hours ago, L0rdB0rd said:

Urukish blah isn't from tusks, no one has to speak blah

As stated - if you would've read it - It's a combination of both anatomical AND Social things that made it so. Tusks play a big role as to how they started speaking like this.

15 hours ago, Hedgehug said:

Aside from this the specific types The orcish part of bloodlust remains dormant at all times.

What does this mean? Does this mean they don't have the orchish curse?

Just now, Jistuma said:

What does this mean? Does this mean they don't have the orchish curse?

It's perhaps malworded but it simply means all half orcs have the orcish curse of bloodlust

36 minutes ago, Hedgehug said:

It's perhaps malworded but it simply means all half orcs have the orcish curse of bloodlust

Dormant is probably not the word you want then.

7 hours ago, Hedgehug said:

As stated - if you would've read it - It's a combination of both anatomical AND Social things that made it so. Tusks play a big role as to how they started speaking like this.

Hedge, maybe if you knew the uruks, you would know the lore. Uruks speak blah because the first major Rex had to spell **** out cause his English was poor. Mogroka the oil baron. Tusks had nothing to do with it. Know the history before you try to change it.