[Lore Submission] Half Orc - Clarification Lore

HedgeHug

2 hours ago, L0rdB0rd said:

Hedge, maybe if you knew the uruks, you would know the lore. Uruks speak blah because the first major Rex had to spell **** out cause his English was poor. Mogroka the oil baron. Tusks had nothing to do with it. Know the history before you try to change it.

To me tusks were held accountable and to most new orcs or if you'd like them to call the 'newer generation' orcs too claim it is the tusks that make it difficult for uruk kin to speak. Playing an orc for a year straight we've encountered multiple scenario's where orcs were threatened to be banned for ignoring lore by not speaking blah.

2 hours ago, Hedgehug said:

To me tusks were held accountable and to most new orcs or if you'd like them to call the 'newer generation' orcs too claim it is the tusks that make it difficult for uruk kin to speak. Playing an orc for a year straight we've encountered multiple scenario's where orcs were threatened to be banned for ignoring lore by not speaking blah.

I don't speak blah, why aint i bammed yet? Stop trying to push your fake ideas on the rest of us. Hunchback mentally disabled green humans is what you want to make the uruks. Don't change things you didn't create.

It was part of lore that the tusks were part of the reason for playing blah, and that the tusks make it harder to speak common. Why it started like that, isn't really important right now.

Just now, Jistuma said:

It was part of lore that the tusks were part of the reason for playing blah, and that the tusks make it harder to speak common. Why it started like that, isn't really important right now.

Thank you.

It seems entirely reasonable to me that they shouldn't be able to reproduce.

These are literally mixed races. It is not the same as mixing "races" in the real world.

+1

On 2/5/2017 at 2:02 PM, Smaw said:

It seems entirely reasonable to me that they shouldn't be able to reproduce.

These are literally mixed races. It is not the same as mixing "races" in the real world.

On 2/5/2017 at 3:10 PM, Sir K Andruske said:

I agree that its a reasonible approach to have half-breeds infertile as per Smaw's comment. MULES MULES MULES MULES!

It would seem, as you can see from earleir comments, that the opposition is quite numeruous. I have sought a middleway and made only elf x orc bloodlines mules.

Spoiler

mules mules!

2 hours ago, Hedgehug said:

made only elf x orc bloodlines mules.

But why? The only reasoning seems to be a curse that only makes it harder to conceive a child... Does not result in the entire elvish race being completely infertile.

And what would this lore mean for characters that already exist that would be affected by this change? Are they made an exception? Are they completely voided and the months of RP on them made irrelevant?

17 minutes ago, | ZipZapMan | said:

And what would this lore mean for characters that already exist that would be affected by this change? Are they made an exception? Are they completely voided and the months of RP on them made irrelevant?

They can basically re-create their characters to fit in. I highly doubt its difficult to pick as most already know what kind of halbreed they are (most are humanxorc) and simply go from there, no voidings whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, Hedgehug said:

They can basically re-create their characters to fit in. I highly doubt its difficult to pick as most already know what kind of halbreed they are (most are humanxorc) and simply go from there, no voidings whatsoever.

I should have been more clear.

Offspring of an Elf & ElfxOrc. the character has been around for months before this lore was submitted, and is the result of extensive RP involving characters that were actually played on the server. So this lore would greatly impact myself and my character if it was approved in it's current state.

Just now, | ZipZapMan | said:

I should have been more clear.

Offspring of an Elf & ElfxOrc. the character has been around for months before this lore was submitted, and is the result of extensive RP involving characters that were actually played on the server. So this lore would greatly impact myself and my character if it was approved in it's current state.

I think existing ones are either left be or forced to adhere the new lore

by the LT's discretion.

5 hours ago, | ZipZapMan | said:

But why? The only reasoning seems to be a curse that only makes it harder to conceive a child... Does not result in the entire elvish race being completely infertile.

You make it sound like there are more than 1-3 elf-orcs on the server. It makes sense that two different species produce something that has difficulties breeding. When coupled with a curse (that is PGed 90% of the time) that makes an entire population nearly infertile in makes sense to have the offspring of the mix be completly infertile.

32 minutes ago, Sir K Andruske said:

You make it sound like there are more than 1-3 elf-orcs on the server. It makes sense that two different species produce something that has difficulties breeding. When coupled with a curse (that is PGed 90% of the time) that makes an entire population nearly infertile in makes sense to have the offspring of the mix be completly infertile.

I didn't intend to make it seem like there was a very large community. I simply stated what would happen to characters that this would effect. No numbers are thrown around.

But I play a persona that's very existence would be affected by this lore as it was the offspring of a halforc-halfelf. Hence my concern with this lore submission as it greatly affects a character I've been playing for months now. 

On 2/7/2017 at 1:36 AM, | ZipZapMan | said:

But I play a persona that's very existence would be affected by this lore as it was the offspring of a halforc-halfelf. Hence my concern with this lore submission as it greatly affects a character I've been playing for months now. 

On 2/6/2017 at 7:44 PM, Hedgehug said:

by the LT's discretion.

I have no say in this lores implementation my man