[Shelved][✓] The Jewel of the Elements & Apohet's Sorrow

Smaw

OOC Preface: I was asked some time ago to come up with an idea that could serve as a replacement for the Tome of Spirits; an item that has seen little to no usage. During this process I decided to try and implement some components that would allow for a progressive story within the Spirit Realm, as well as a slight twist on the creation story.

I wanted to change how the subsequent Spirits after Time & Space were made because Apohet was forced on our Lore a long time ago and many people dislike his presence; Or at least, they did at the time. This has been sitting in a google document for a long while since then.

So yeah, let me know what you think. I didn't completely finish this so I may add to it a little bit based on the reaction recieved. Let me know what you think should be added, or whether anything should be expanded upon. I eagerly anticipate your comments; whether they be positive or negative.

The Jewel of the Elements

e9ef93fd003bfe714681562a2a370c60.png

When Apohet created the first of Spirit kind, he assigned them each to the most prevalent of all things; time and space. At the very moment of their creation, the children of Apohet had come to surpass him, as they came to embody that which reaches far beyond the understanding of even Demi-Gods. In unison, they experienced an eternity in a mere moment, and explored the vastness of existence before Apohet could even lower his arms to finish the process of their creation. They foresaw his intentions and his actions in an immeasurable number of futures, and set in motion a series of events that would halt the destructive forces latent within him.

Ominizan, the Crimson Snake of Space, and Sandru, the Azure Serpent of Time, coiled together in a process that would birth the Elemental Spirits, and from this spiritual conception the Universe would be hugged by their collective awareness and dominion. When the Elemental Spirits were created, their birth formed yet another conception, and the Jewel of the Elements was created; a realm of perfect elemental balance, in which all elemental components exist equally in their influence.

This realm contains materials that do not exist within the mortal realm, as they are the result of a unison between elements that cannot be replicated elsewhere. As such, much of the landscape glistens with an obsidian reflection, and rivers of myriad crystals flow through the land, passing the strange creatures that were eventually birthed from the minerals of this alien world.

However, due to the natural desire of all Spirits, the Elementals soon split from this realm as they went on to make their own domains, which could contain exclusively, the elements they represented. In their wake lay the perfect realm, its own self-sustained system of elemental balance. It would remain unperturbed by the Elemental Lords, as dictated by the omniscient and omnipresent powers that created them.

Meanwhile, Apohet would finish the creation of the Immortal Spirits. At this point, all that the Serpents had plotted for had been achieved, and at last they took action upon their creator. The Jewel became a world in which Apohet would be cast away, where he would live the rest of his timeless existence. The Jewel of the Elements became his cell, and his masters were his own creations.

Apohet’s Sorrow

mZ06VKTZYyXd8oZCLxzAX32mvoPTuIw_ZQXKPHhLFx60nf67b8VQyXArs81DLF-nSJp1gwtboCGj02ia51G8BX9bAsofKKtDgG8FQn0EjDgUl1qgBVb3S5N_NIYSd63Nmh9etHPf

In the Jewel of the Elements, Apohet sat in sorrow and despair, affixed by nout but the notion that his own creations had surpassed him; Horrified by the idea that every thought and feeling he could experience had, somewhere in the Spirit Realm, a domain overseeing it all.

He was well and truly trapped by his own people, and just as the Creator he sought to surpass had fallen to his people, so too had Apohet, in an endless cycle spurned from the birth of time itself. Except time did not exist within this realm, and Apohet would be contained forever if he did not take measures to find an escape. For thousands of mortal years Apohet slumped in sorrow, feeling overwhelmed by the dominion of the Spirits. Yet in his continued arrogance he sought to find an escape, a way in which to affront his children and reign supreme above them once more.

In his state he had collected his creation energies, and mustered all of his ability to surpass the constraints of his realm for a moment, depositing an unusual fragment of his sorrow into the mortal realm, where it would be free from the constraints of those he had come to detest.

The material that this item is made from is unseen in the Universe, and is a result of a completely perfect interaction between all of the elements in a vast forging process. Apohet harnessed this energy to create a cuboid item with a gemstone contained within the centre.

It was thrown out into the mortal realm, awaiting the warm embrace of sentient life and its inherent curiosity.

How it Works

Pressing this gemstone unlocks the cuboid, and each corner is pulled apart in a process that awakens the latent energy within. When all pieces are expanded into a rectangle shape before the user, a swirling vortex forms within the corners, creating a portal to the Jewel of the Elements.

This portal is not currently large enough for Apohet to use, and he is searching to enlist the help of any mortal that may come across it.

Additionally, being in the Jewel of the Elements causes Apohet’s Sorrow to take on a heightened form, and portals can be opened all across Axios to areas where a specific element is most prominent, essentially leading to a fast-travel process across the land.

In line with standard rules, this cannot be used for nefarious means, such as raiding or warring another nation, or used in metagaming. However, due to the portal being open for some time once activated, a group of people can follow the holder of the Sorrow, and may literally walk within this realm of Elements.

This can be achieved to such a degree as to allow a personal home to be made here, and does not require a charter to live upon. However, the realm can serve as a danger if one were to come across Apohet, and so whomever decides to make a home here should be wary of the sudden destruction that may befall their dwelling.

Red Lines:

- This item cannot be used more than once every three hours, due to it needing a significant time to collect energy.

- Only the wielder of Apohet's Sorrow may literally make a home within the Jewel, unless under strict LT intervention.

- The portals within the Jewel may not be moved or decided upon by the wielder. This is a process that the LT will decide upon, and will be set in stone.

-  Any animals or items specific to this realm cannot be brought into the mortal realm as this would further disturb the balance that has already been corrupted by Apohet's Sorrow

I like it, it's a new way of giving Apohet a reason to exist...

Would be interesting to see this RPed.

Shagarath calls dibs

57 minutes ago, Hedgehug said:

Shagarath calls dibs

Eath'Lur feels pity for Shagarath and makes a frowny face.

With special formatting.

Intriguing and well written; Noice, Smaw. It expands much further on the premise of the Book of Spirits in a much more interesting way while opening doorways to a part of Spirit Lore we haven't been able to touch on in game. If you feel like you need to write more I'd do nothing to encourage it either- As far as concerns for Apohet's anonymity as the creator of the spirits go, I think this would be the right way to break it if any. Keep it up.

9 hours ago, Hedgehug said:

Shagarath calls dibs

I think not, you've been away too long clearly.

Therefore Gukdan calls dibs.

6 hours ago, Ilikefooddude said:

Apohet's anonymity as the creator of the spirits

Oh yes I quite forgot, though this is considered fiction as it is a contest submissoin it's worth a read :P

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/152699-apohets-vision

Accepted, we'll be contacting you about implementing this.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.

Lore has been shelved and moved to the appropriate subforum. If you have questions about why this specific lore has been shelved, please contact me via forum PM or over discord at Flamboyant#8856