#NotMyLore

Panashea

34 minutes ago, Aerial said:

So you're saying that orcs are a byproduct of catastrophism? What event triggered this rapid change in their physical structure?

Iblees cursed the descendants and this curse would have surely changed the way they look. The LT need to clarify how the curse changed the four races and need to specify what they looked like prior to the curse. Who knows, maybe there were no races. 

1 hour ago, Nathan_Barnett36 said:

If divine didn't post this thread and went on to rebuild, without telling any of the lt, the krughatten project then you would just wipe it out it like you lot did with the kha magic.

Muun Gazing was removed because of gross inactivity. I'm not sure that is what you mean. Can you elaborate?

1 hour ago, L0rdB0rd said:

Many uruks are threatened with bans each. for not speaking blah.

Hedgehug or Smawton posted lore creating hunchback appearance for uruks. 

The spirit realm isn't up for shamans to decide who goes up, it's up to Krug. Not Hellfiazz or Hedge.

Krughatten was carried over from 1.0 to 2.0. The uruks failed many tests and it blew up in the hills. Plus his name is Goldrim, not Timsalabim.

Craotor throwing lightning back at the undead has constantly been ignored by GM's and LT's along with some shamans powers of summoning full sentient ancestral spirits into the mortal realm. Also they ignore the power of the uruks, such as the Chuckaboo Whirlwind and the power and strength of the shamans. 

I'm assuming each point with a hyphen and the response;

-That is a misstep on those assuming orcs can't speak regular Common. Were such a ban to go through I'd suggest forwarding it to an admin or Tsuyose (or a lore manager should he be absent at the time of contact) as that is not grounds for banning, it's a misunderstanding of lore. Take screenshots if this occurs to you or tell those you know to do the same and present them to the aforementioned groups and we'll try to educate those involved.

-Could you link this? I have been around for the last 55 or so loremags (give or take a few due to absence, spanning back three years but technically four) and I do not recall ever voting on such a thing. Should that be the case I would gladly make a hotfix clarification with the LT to have such a ruling be optional as it's very silly to force such a structure onto characters who previous went without the feature.

-Krug is not a person OOC, he is a concept represented by the LT. Whoever controls shamanism is going to be the major voice of the canon regarding that group and its parties -- Krug, the spirits, shamanism, the Spirit Realm, etc -- and there's not much to do but write your own lore to combat that influence. Perhaps the current reigning shamanism LM (Smawton I think) would be willing to hear out your case.

-If you folks are serious about re-canonizing Krughatten I suggest writing lore. It has devolved into a meme since Asulon and I am not sure if any admin or an LT vote would verify it's existence without written history. Also I am not talking about Goldrim, I'm talking about one of the extremely old druid players who left in Asulon but I can't remember his name besides "Tim". He always wore diamond armor, he was banned at least twice for hacking in PvP, he was an infamous cyberer and did so with Cyndikate (maybe a rumor, I don't mean to spread four year old news), and IRL he had a brown Bieber cut and wore a lot of blue (saw in tinychat). I can't remember his name for the life of me.

-I am sure that happened in Aegis as a lot of things happened in Aegis. The magic and overall server canon however is not consistent and quite drastically changes in regards to the power of players and their characters from year to year. Shamans are not as powerful in the ways they were in Aegis as they are now; they are far more versatile and less admin-supported. I'm not sure what else to say besides to write lore if you want something brought back because otherwise it'll just be kept to info on the wiki where most things are kept of that level or relevancy. Apologies if this isn't of much help.

3 hours ago, DivineJustice said:

Do not force Dark Elves into the Spirit Realm. Hellfiaz pushed his agenda which did no aid to the uruks, he did it for himself. The Dark Elves have no place in the Ancestral Plane and would have been banished by Krug, who still has the powers of Shamanism post death. Remove the Dark Elves from the Ancestral Plane if they have no honorable death to them. Suicide, death by alcohol, isn’t an honorable cause. And it would take one hell of a death for a Elf to land in Stargozh’Storh.

Was the lore for Apohet retconned or something? I honestly thought that daemon made his own realm for the honorable to spite Aeriel

3 hours ago, DivineJustice said:

-=- Starguzh’Storh -=-

The ancestral plane, a place for the bravest of Uruk warriors. This realm was a safe haven for the uruks who have fallen to duel, smoke kuzh, and live on from their honorable death. Many dark elves are noted to be living in Starguzh’Storh, when now of them died honorably. Also, the realm was created by Krug, who deemed the uruks to be the most honorable, who were dealt the greatest curse from Iblees. Krug created a realm so he could be with his brothers and sisters in the afterlife, after battle they could rest with their families at night. This realm was not made to be polluted by dark elves who are known for parties, or spying.

Do not force Dark Elves into the Spirit Realm. Hellfiaz pushed his agenda which did no aid to the uruks, he did it for himself. The Dark Elves have no place in the Ancestral Plane and would have been banished by Krug, who still has the powers of Shamanism post death. Remove the Dark Elves from the Ancestral Plane if they have no honorable death to them. Suicide, death by alcohol, isn’t an honorable cause. And it would take one hell of a death for a Elf to land in Stargozh’Storh.

Dark elves are not forced into the Ancestral Plane, the only ones who we've rp'd as passing on are the ones who follow the ancestral faith that's been built over literal years of rp. Retconning that lore would wipe tons of rp and character progression. 

14 minutes ago, Dakirennis said:

Dark elves are not forced into the Ancestral Plane, the only ones who we've rp'd as passing on are the ones who follow the ancestral faith that's been built over literal years of rp. Retconning that lore would wipe tons of rp and character progression. 

Khel [Baconthief] - One of the greatest mali'ker to live, he uplifted his people out from the abyss. He is renowned for his frightful ferocity paired with a cunning mind

Arganos [FactCore]  - A superb party goer and thrower, and a maestro in the art of entertainment and celebration. Renowned for his skill in acrobatics and many musical instruments.

Kaldo - A firm but fatherly figure among most living mali'ker, he guided his people through adversity. Renowned for his carefulness and authority.

Jiub [Sky] - An immense figure who founded the Div'cruan. Known for his strength, honour, and bravery.

Delilah [Decolamb] - A matriarchal figure to the dark elves during the time of Thales and early Athera, her love and care brought many dark elves into the fold and gave them purpose.

Lenden [LinkKN2] - An outgoing member of the Div’cruan and a servant to the ‘Ker. Lenden’s happiness was infectious to those around him. Weather through kind words or a bright smile, Lenden lit up many ‘Ker’s lives and left a lasting impact after his passing.

High above the dead lands of Gundâr Broshan stands the gateway to the Stargush’Stroh: Kor’s Gateway. From here the Greater Spirit of the Dead himself stands as a warden of his lands. It is here where he who encompasses all that is dead and all that are, guards his gate. Every spirit that wishes to enter must be granted his approval, for only those that lived an honourable life may call themselves worthy enough to live in the Stargush’Stroh.

Read these two things and tell me how each one fits with  the other?

28 minutes ago, L0rdB0rd said:

Read these two things and tell me how each one fits with  the other?

He said that only dark elves who followed the ancestral faith got into the ancestral plain, and you replied with a list of dark elves who follow the ancestral faith. I dont get what you're trying to prove here.

10 minutes ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

He said that only dark elves who followed the ancestral faith got into the ancestral plain, and you replied with a list of dark elves who follow the ancestral faith. I dont get what you're trying to prove here.

I think he's trying to make the point that the current dark elf ancestrals haven't done anything great or honorable to be considered a part of the Ancestral plane.  It's a reserved place for those who are honorable and have done great deeds in their lives, and I don't think Kor or the ancestors would consider having a great party or simply leading would be allowed in. 

13 minutes ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

One who wishes to enter the ancestral plane must be one who lives an honorable life. How is a life of partying honorable? And also, honorable also in uruks standards of honor. Most these noobs deserve death but what I mean is old urukish standards of honor. Spending a night in the hot springs of the pink forest doesn't instantly put you into the ancestral plane.

To address the thread a bit more generally,

1) LT doesn't enforce how the orcs speak. That has generally been something the orcs themselves enforce on their own playerbase, as Zarsies said. That's something for you to work out.

2) The ancestral plane, the spirits and shamanism, as I understand it, are not exclusive to the Orcs. the dark elves have been using it as a pillar of their culture for nearly 4 years now, since Anthos. I highly doubt the LT will be trying to take that away from them, anymore than you'd want it taken away from you.

3) You're not getting nuclear technology

4) No one on the LT has tried to touch orcish history except Smawton. I'm unsure what the current state of orcish history lore is, but if it isn't aligned with what the orc players currently RP, then make your RP'd history into a lore submission and itll almost certainly be accepted.

Is this serious lore? Sorry but it seems like more of a complaint thread. I would put it in feedback or make an orc guide or a guide on how to RP with orcs or something. 

On another note there is a lot of hypocrisy here on an RP lore post you are OOCly telling everyone to stop making orcs RP a certain way (which no one is) and then saying dark elves are excluded from the spirit world. I HIGHLY doubt many of the orc players have been better or more deserving to go to the spirit world or wherever after they die and frankly the orcs don't have a monopoly on it. They make use of it just as mages make use of the void and have grown attached to it in a similar manner to the dark elves. However it has been stated many times that spirits are not just orcs and thus any descendent can take their place their under the right circumstances. It seems you are arguing against this which isn't up to you in my opinion nor would it really have an effect on your RP. 

Basically I think this thread doesn't serve to do anything. I am not sure why it was made. Is it a meme?

13 hours ago, DivineJustice said:

death by alcohol, isn’t an honorable cause.

???

Divine what is this heresy