[✗] Druidism and Runesmithing

Bobby123

Druidism and Runesmithing

To start this explanation on how a person can both be a Druid and a Runesmith, we have to try to define what it means to be a Druid or a Runesmith.

Druids have an entire soul. Their soul is what allows them to be dedicated to the Aspects. The ceremony in which they are dedicated to the Aspects is what gives them their powers. without their Aspect bond, they have no powers. But without training, they can't learn to use their powers. This ritual does nothing to the soul of a Druid to make it incapable of being used in other ways.

To become a Runesmith one must simply take part in the runic binding ritual and have a soul that has not been tampered with. Therefore any being whose soul is no longer a “Blank Slate” would no longer be capable of taking part in the binding ritual of a runesmith.

This is similar to the time when Voidal mages wanted to be able to perform runesmithing and be able to keep their abilities as a voidal mage. As we all know they now have access to the magic if they desire to learn and are taught with no restrictions. Although runesmithing is a deity magic by a technicalit, a deity magic. it is not known what deity it belongs to but it is known that the soul is not tampered with when the ritual is performed. Since Druids have a totally intact soul dedicated to the Aspects they should able to perform runesmithing because the soul of a Druid has not been tampered with by The Aspects. It has also been mentioned before that the Brathmordakin ‘Anabella’ Is in fact another name for the Aspects which would directly tie in with the Brathmordakin.

Another fact to add to this is that Runesmithing represents the language of the divine and the world, as it is one of the only magic in witch the essence of the element or action is formed and bound to the smiths choosing. This is a semi reflection of what a druid does, performing natural acts and being one with nature and the natural world around him.

Deity magics shouldn't clash, druidism shouldn't be able to be paired with anything but arguably blood magic.

5 minutes ago, Smaw said:

I wouldn't exactly call Runesmithing natural.

Guys talking to plants can't make runes but meanwhile guys able to literally teleport, throw fireballs, store vast amounts of items indefinitely in a separate plane, mess with people's minds, and otherwise just do all kinds of malarky can make runes... Nah, that's fine and balanced. >Sarcasm<

EDIT: I mean, if it's a thematic issue (such as runes not seeming natural) then I guess there's not much one can do about that as it'll go down to a person's subjective opinion.

3 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

Guys talking to plants can't make runes but meanwhile guys able to literally teleport, throw fireballs, store vast amounts of items indefinitely in a separate plane, mess with people's minds, and otherwise just do all kinds of malarky can make runes... Nah, that's fine and balanced. >Sarcasm<

You are Right in my opinion. 

55 minutes ago, Smaw said:

I wouldn't exactly call Runesmithing natural.

I think I tried to cover this topic, runesmithing is natural as sated in the Lore, that it controls the natural flow of energy. 

What's natural for the druids is basically anything the Aspects like, which doesn't include runesmithing. They don't go by the conventional meaning of the concept at all. Also it's good that most magics remain exclusive of eachother from a balance standpoint.

From what I was told, there's an issue with the soul when a deific user tries to use runesmithing, voidal users do not have a deific connection on their soul which is why there isn't an issue.

That being said, I'll be forwarding this to another member of the team who knows runesmithing well and they'll be able to give you a cohesive answer. If you intend to make deific magic no longer conflict with runesmithing, you'll have to propose something more in depth than what you have written here.

30 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

From what I was told, there's an issue with the soul when a deific user tries to use runesmithing, voidal users do not have a deific connection on their soul which is why there isn't an issue.

Meanwhile when most deific users attempt to use voidal magic one or the other becomes weakened or starts to deteriorate to some degree... The reasoning being 'having more than one magic connection is conflicting and one becomes corrosive to the other' or something like that. Honestly I don't see much difference in regularly having a void connection interfering with runesmithing than deific connection interfering. In this sense if one set of users cannot utilize it the others shouldn't either. All or nothing, I suppose.

There's no reason this should be an issue, your soul isn't messed up at all by runesmithing since the rewrite happened. Back when I was LT, there was no issue with things like this, so I see no reason why one should pop up now. I imagine if you consulted Dizzy, he'd back this up.

29 minutes ago, ski_king3 said:

There's no reason this should be an issue, your soul isn't messed up at all by runesmithing since the rewrite happened. Back when I was LT, there was no issue with things like this, so I see no reason why one should pop up now. I imagine if you consulted Dizzy, he'd back this up.

1 hour ago, The Pink Lion said:

That being said, I'll be forwarding this to another member of the team who knows runesmithing well and they'll be able to give you a cohesive answer. If you intend to make deific magic no longer conflict with runesmithing, you'll have to propose something more in depth than what you have written here.

I know, being an Arch Druid and one of the guys who is very well intergated with the runesmiths oocly and icly i do know.

32 minutes ago, ski_king3 said:

Thank you. This is why I posted this, so the people who need to see it can :D 

The thing about the current iteration of runesmithing is that it no longer binds the users soul to the tools once the ritual is complete, you simply need to have an intact soul that isn't tainted (I won't get into Shades that's another debate). Therefore it makes total sense that a runesmith can also be a druid considering that once they've taken part in the ritual they're not effected by the process of making runes nor does it make them weaker for having the magic and practicing it where other magics like void magics would effect druidism. The point I'm making here is that runesmithing isn't like other Deity magics in the slightest. Runesmiths have no specific god to worship or follow and the magic doesn't effect runesmiths like other Deity magics do which makes it much more like a regular magic as opposed to a "Holy Magic" because the lore doesn't even specify what deity is in control of runesmithing.

Runesmithing shouldn't be compatible with anything asides from Golemancy. Mixing and matching magics that are thematically different shouldn't have been put through by the lore team in the first place and it was done on a technicality rather then said technicality being fixed like it should've initially been.

The gongshow that is the Kal'Varak should be example enough as to why thematically different magic shouldn't mix.

As for the runesmith druid bit, wouldn't it be peculiar to have one soul being attuned to two very different entities (the aspects and the aengul/daemonic force controlling runesmithing). RPly I would see why dwarves might attempt it due to there IC interpretations of Anbella and Aspects being one and the same however why would the two actual distinct entities both leave a mark.

Also in regards to the blank slate soul bit, that shouldn't be true considering (as far as I'm aware) if a golem smith is involved in any form of soulbinding golemancy makes the target vulnerable to ascended magic supposedly. Clarifications and changes need to be made as currently Runesmithing's interaction with other magics is a mess.