[✓] The Mortal Shadow (Lataumancy Addition)

Smaw

OOC Note: This is a suggestion as a realm within Stargush'Stroh in which the Mali'ker may go upon death. A realm through which the living Mali'ker may communicate with the long dead for wisdom and conversation. It is proposed as an addition to Lataumancy, which will require T3 comprehension of the Magic, and will be available to all of these Shamans if they follow the process detailed below.

Like everything this is intended as a means to allow more RP to occur within the community, especially among the Mali'ker who have long RP'd their attention to their Ancestors. It is also intended for further exploration of Stargush'Stroh and added depth.

Leave your criticisms below and I will try my best to address them.

The Mortal Shadow

Matûrz-Bûrgul

fbeb025afea3ef0450b232c1d7d2f628.png

Khruul, Immortal Spirit of Shadows and Reflections

Khruul is the essence of Shadow and Reflection, and his realm does not exist within those of the Spirits. It is instead compartmentalised into all shadows and reflections that exist across the Universe, each serving as a small access point to a world beyond that cannot be understood or even comprehended by Mortals and AenguDaemons alike. It exists simultaneously within and outside of the Mortal Realm, and is intrinsically tied to it through these immaterial concepts.

Origins of the Mortal Shadow

yV_6HpoE0OUmPVyoTneeQY_JDgCErvoPnj1ncwM6bzpmjlQWEf563Tm1Lh5aaBWqV5ydOtvjqBo76xdqx53u0lFgSyL6wAod5pyd-K4ldMtexCFDmEq3NteJHAUuxPo2haE-JviZ

Luara watched the plights of the Mali'ker as they emerged from their prior madness, birthed anew in an ashen complexion, they looked at their new world through crimson eyes. Their appearance was the price they had paid for their sanity, a cost they would endure for the sanctity that Luara had provided them. Yet as the Mali’Ker began to mingle once again with their cousins, their solitude became apparent even in their intermingling. This troubled the Spirit, and in her grace she sought out Kruul, a Spirit she worked with often, to see if he could aid her.

Kruul, the Spirit of Shadows and Reflection, knew well the powers of Luara, and had watched with intrigue as she assisted the Mali’Ker. Indeed, in them he saw much that he oversaw. He saw their darkness reflected from them, their truth bore naked to the world. They did not shy from their emotions, they exposed them as they were; for such was their culture one of physicality and expression.

Luara explained her concern for their passing, and their apparent segregation from their cousins. She spoke of her wish to assist her “children” in the afterlife, by shaping a region of Stargush'Stroh into a realm that the Mali'ker could call their own. Kruul accepted the challenge presented, and both of the Spirits worked in unison to create a pocket of Stargush'Stroh that would house the Mali’ker. It would then be named Matûrz-bûrgul; Mortal Shadow.

AZ6FxVpRktAHN0s-tpmhS-LkrFYB_HCtNqZrh5X7XEBEatoPbLR7XD9J9nqaNtPVCP8-EHIXQkaIMFp2MhttC1IjRe0a_Z-oNexBZg6Fz3bKgXdxVCsQNaPdcelJYJfRWWU9iu1o

It was an identical replica of the Mortal Realm in its entirety, shaped by the view that Luara had of the world from the moon, save for the fact that it was draped in shadow, each image a varied shade of black and grey. It was here that the Ancestors of the Mali’Ker would reside, reacting to the world as it was shaped by the ever changing actions of the Mortal Realm.

For the Mortal Shadow is not a static realm, and instead changes identically to the actions that are committed in the Mortal Realm. For instance, as the wind blows the leaves and Dark Elves fall to the ground in combat, a reflection of this is presented in the Mortal Shadow, a running theater for all who linger there. Aside from nature, it is only beasts and Mali'Ker that are seen in the shadows, and other Descendants that are not tethered to this realm are not represented.

Shadow Speaking is a branch of Lataumancy that deals with the understanding of the Burzshon, which are symbols portrayed through the shadows and reflections that cascade from objects in the Mortal Realm; intangible material that changes only through the actions of the world around it.

It is through these aspects of the world that the Ancestors of Matûrz-bûrgul may communicate with the Mali’Ker that dwell upon the Mortal Realm. Due to the nature of shadows and reflections, it is not possible to communicate directly through words, and so those on each end must use physical displays and symbols to portray their message.

Such symbols cannot be deciphered by those who have not received the blessings of Kruul, and so it is not possible for ordinary Latauman or other Shamans to achieve such a feat. These displays are impossible to understand without the blessing of Kruul, and one must tether themselves to the Mortal Shadow in order to achieve this.

How it Works

Y7IP_1RKARyLvkOKGjAFGeJ4ekwR08-OAWnr9XAA_--WYFbYXGExphuLdlGueh7HD-8y5F-oKQQ8T9GZPJKU6LWxnjvcog_lLs-U9KbfApOBEnBhYJotRdo651KuGUZ6KCrBXW4L  

It is required that one be a T3 Latauman before practicing this ritual, for it requires an extensive understanding of how the Spirits operate, and a heightened awareness of Minor Spirits and their low mana auras. The Shaman must proceed to step into a Shadow, and learn to feel the mana of the minor Spirits that linger in this near-intangible material through a process akin to meditation.

Due to the nature of shadows, it is not ordinarily possible to perceive such Spirits, and can only be achieved due to the heightened awareness and understanding Latauman would have of such concepts.

Once these Spirits can be sensed, the Shaman may ask them to bring forth Kruul. If the Shaman is successful, they will be dragged into the Mortal Shadow, where they will encounter the Shadow of their Soul.

For ordinary Mali’Ker this soul exists to replicate what they are doing in the physical realm, so that the Ancestors of the Mortal Shadow may observe without having to engage with their energies. Once a Mali’Ker dies, they emerge within this Shadow and become it, completing their Souls and allowing them to remain comfortably in Matûrz-bûrgul. Those that are not Mali'ker are not subject to this process without their own intervention, in which case they may communicate with Kruul and Luara and request that their Soul be strung to the Mortal Shadow.

For the Shaman, they will appear as they would in the Mortal Realm, and will therefore attract the attention of all who linger in the realm. They will have to fight and defeat their “clone” in order to earn their ability to remain in the Shadow; For if the two were to exist in the same realm, both would surely spiral into unparalleled madness.

nw9mWw-HVF2ojO_fEtaIcVTfrmzP93lL8qkFCMhd5-K5SacB1GpCKcUlsB4B5XG0O_i7XvCAFXfrIADPzN_YOWJP_b6yU02jsxmZLNgFs1eGNAjLSyZYTbLFeyt_VCPOBKI8QRzS

When the Shaman emerges in the Shadow, they will be accompanied by a blade that dazzles amidst the darkness. It will emanate with Luaras glow, and will enable them to cut at shadows; a feat that is otherwise impossible. The “sword” itself has no physical properties, and is instead a beam of light.

Once the Shadow is defeated, the Shaman is tethered to Matûrz-bûrgul and becomes enveloped in darkness, signifying their worthiness to remain in the realm. They may henceforth connect more easily with the Shadows and work through them. They will also attain the sight of Kruul, which will enable them to decipher the messages of their Ancestors. Through this process their eyes haze over in a smokey fog, and the Mortal Realm is blind to them, their only focus on the shadows and the symbols they come to form.

TyuIBWZvHeX5rSwlxGGMkYlg3ffn3wv-X14Iu-SFk7yUu27Rf3E0N6oq63wRTFwilXhjKU7d7Ljs0X07Gt6UsD85smUgRFUvWP0qn4WndfKJCjTRl35YjfOFzGh5_6Eu2_hraHd8

Red Lines & Conditions: 

- Requires T3 Lataumancy

- Must RP blindness to everything but the Shadows when using the Gift of Kruul, should the event arise

- Deciphering Shadows cannot be taught, and is instead gifted after this process. As such, it required an LT or ET to play as the Shadow of the Shaman

- Is purely a communicative process, and shadows cannot be shaped or used to cause damage

- Cannot enter the Mortal Shadow unless a T3 Latauman, and currently no one can be brought with them

But the 1st image is a Thor: Dark World elf...

Still good lore, +1

Good concept, and I believe it'd make Lautamancy a bit more interesting. Though I was confused at some parts, I understood the basic concept.

+1

While this is interesting it seems to be a way to clench down on roleplay that isn't the orcs rather then promote it as you claim it does & with that other silly submission regarding non-orcish spirits it seems this is the sole intention of the piece. So while elaborate and clever I don't quite agree with the purpose of the lore. If delves wanted you moderating their cultural RP for them they would have asked & if they are currently experiencing a spurt of inactivity and you are using that against them then shame. However if they are collectively in agreement that this lore is fine then sure. I think the concept itself is neat. I just do not like the idea that lore is being written with malcontent. 

1 hour ago, Sir K Andruske said:

If delves wanted you moderating their cultural RP for them they would have asked

I was asked; by one of the few Dark Elf Shamans.

Besides, as with any submission it can be contested by those it directly influences.

1 hour ago, Moby_Derp said:

Good concept, and I believe it'd make Lautamancy a bit more interesting. Though I was confused at some parts, I understood the basic concept.

+1

What did you find confusing? I can word it better for future reference.

+1 , awesome lore

+1, Stargush'Stroh is my lil' baby but this is most interesting. I can see Shagarath having fun with shadows.

Bring the shadowrealm memes

and its lutauman, not latauman

56 minutes ago, Smaw said:

What did you find confusing? I can word it better for future reference.

- Is the realm WITHIN a corner of Stargush'Stroh or separate

- When a Mali'Ker is born, does a shadow immediately form within the Mortal Shadow.

- Can a Lutauman directly interact with the shadows when in the realm.

^ I realise these are more like questions, but it'd help me.

8 minutes ago, Hedgehug said:

Bring the shadowrealm memes

Resultado de imagem para I will send you to the shadow realm

Ask and receive

2 hours ago, Smaw said:

I was asked; by one of the few Dark Elf Shamans.

Only* 

But of course a +1 from me. Hopefully this quells the previous gripes of Stargush. I look forward to delving into this rp. 

2 hours ago, Moby_Derp said:

- Is the realm WITHIN a corner of Stargush'Stroh or separate

- When a Mali'Ker is born, does a shadow immediately form within the Mortal Shadow.

- Can a Lutauman directly interact with the shadows when in the realm.

^ I realise these are more like questions, but it'd help me.

It's within Stargush'Stroh, but not accessible through it.

Yeah, they will be intrinsically connected to it unless they decide to change it.

Yes, entirely.

This lore is currently pending, as there are some issues with it. Please contact Fooddude for more information.

You have two weeks to address the concerns raised by the team, if they are not met by 7/18, this lore will be denied. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed.