Order of Equilibrium

LittleKnights

For the sake of fun, if you did join and got to choose to be a White or Black monk, which would you be?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Monk would you prefer to be

• White Monk
    • Black Monk

Order of Equilibrium

#!#=====================#!#

"The road to prosperity will not be found in Gods, not in Aenguls or Daemons or any other being of an otherworldly sort... no, the path to progress, prosperity, and happiness lay in us mortals and the actions we take, meddling immortals be damned!" -'Janus', High Magistrate of the Order of Equilibrium

The Order of Equilibrium stands for one thing: progress of the mortal races, they might often be called a more aggressive sect of the Cloud Temple Monks, and rightly so as they seek to protect the future of the mortals, by any means possible... they strive to be as efficient as possible, and in this they can be rather ruthless, rejecting any and all notions of respect for 'Gods', they may accept their existence but never their authority.

Ranks

================

The Acolytes:

Clad in robes of grey, the Acolytes are the new recruits of the Order, tasked with menial work such as handing out recruitment flyers for example, they must prove their loyalty before being inducted as either a White or Black monk

The White Monks:

Clad in robes of white as their name suggests, White Monks represent the progressive and civil side of the Order, working to aid in diplomacy and societal progress, these scholars and politicians make new technologies and broker peace treaties and other such agreements, aiming to make the world a better place

The Black Monks:

Clad in robes of black, the Black Monks are the bringers of death, representing the aggressive, mortal defending side of the Order, these soldiers know that while war is an evil thing, it is also a necessary evil in a world such as ours, and as such these zealots strive to protect the mortals and defend the ideals of the Order until the day when their services are finally obsolete in a truly civilized world

The Balance Monks:

While the White and Black Monks do their duties with all the determination and resolve they can muster, the Balance Monks are the true paragons of the ideals of the Order, if a monk clad in the robes of black or white should prove beyond a doubt their dedication, loyalty, and belief in the cause of the Order, they shall be awarded the purple robes of these elite monks, to serve and protect the mortals of this world

Leaders

================

The Black Magistrates:

The two Magistrates of the Black Monks are known as the Magistrate of Fire and the Magistrate of Earth, the Magistrate of Fire deals with aggressive action, such as taking out otherworldly threats and waging war on those who would destroy the mortals, a master of strategy and a battlefield leader are the qualities of a Fire Magistrate.

The Magistrate of Earth on the other hand deals with the other side of things, dealing with logistics and assigning bodyguards as well as rooting out spies are the tasks of the Earth Magistrate, being an excellent manager and knowing how to defend your assets are the qualities required of such a station

The White Magistrates:

The two Magistrates of the White monks are known as the Magistrate of Water and the Magistrate of Air, the Magistrate of Water deals with the creation of new technologies and the gathering of resources as well as recruiting new would be monks as Acolytes, great skill at management and a creative mindset are the qualities of a Water Magistrate

The Magistrate of Air deals with the diplomatic relations of the Order with kingdoms and other such entities of governance as well as promoting the Order through various media outlets such as pamphlets and notice boards, to be successful in such a station the qualities of a keen mind and a feel for diplomacy and politics are favoured

The High Magistrate of Balance:

The High Magistrate is the absolute leader of the Order, he is the one who assigns the Magistrates, and has absolute authority in times of crisis or war, however a combined vote of all 4 magistrates can veto a decision of the High Magistrate if the Order is experiencing relative peace, it is an inherited position with the High Magistrate choosing an heir, if no such candidate is found before death, then the current Magistrates may vote amongst themselves as for one of them to take the position

How To Join

================

"Would you like to hear about the new movement to change peoples lives for the better?" asked a gray robed man as you passed him on the street, he handed you a pamphlet, with information about the Order of Equilibrium and an application letter ready to be filled out, with the receiver address listed as 'Janus'

The Application read as such:

((IRP))

Name:

Race (any race is accepted):

Why do you wish to join?:

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended):

MC Name:

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?:

"May the creator forgive your horrid sins for you will die by Owyns flame." A man clad in red tosses the flyer of heretics into the crackling orange flames that licked the stone around the Cathedral alter.

((Just a quick note of input, the Monks follow gods. They follow three of them: The Triumvirate. It's where they get their power. So if you really want this to be linked to the Cloud Temple Monks, they would likely need to follow them.

1 hour ago, KorusPrime said:

((Just a quick note of input, the Monks follow gods. They follow three of them: The Triumvirate. It's where they get their power. So if you really want this to be linked to the Cloud Temple Monks, they would likely need to follow them.

((That phrase was meant to convey similarities in goals, not an actual connection, the CT Monks and the Order are two very different groups

((IRP))

Name: Dralazar

Race (any race is accepted): Lich

Why do you wish to join?: I don't like gods either.

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended): Firetammer1

MC Name: Royim

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?: No.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎16 at 5:50 PM, Aerial said:

((IRP))

Name: Dralazar

Why do you wish to join?: I don't like gods either.

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended): Firetammer1

MC Name: Royim

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?: No.

ACCEPTED-1.png

Please await a further correspondence from us -Janus

((also please note you will likely never become a balance monk or a magistrate until such time as you accept the PK clause))

((IRP))

Name: Isamed Isotra

Race (any race is accepted): Elf

Why do you wish to join?: To protect and serve the peoples of Axios

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended): I'd prefer to keep it private

MC Name: YungFarles

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?: Maybe

2 hours ago, Farles said:

((IRP))

Name: Isamed Isotra

Race (any race is accepted): Elf

Why do you wish to join?: To protect and serve the peoples of Axios

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended): I'd prefer to keep it private

MC Name: YungFarles

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?: Maybe

ACCEPTED-1.png

Please await further correspondence from us -Janus

((as stated previously it is highly unlikely you will ever become a balance monk or a magistrate until you can say a definite yes to the PK clause))

((IRP))

Name: Saithor Aerir

Race (any race is accepted): Wood Elf

Why do you wish to join?: To serve Axios on a higher scale

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended): saithor_

MC Name: CordialOblivion

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?: Yup!

2 hours ago, Cordial said:

((IRP))

Name: Saithor Aerir

Race (any race is accepted): Wood Elf

Why do you wish to join?: To serve Axios on a higher scale

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended): saithor_

MC Name: CordialOblivion

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?: Yup!

ACCEPTED-1.png

((also a big thank you and shout out to you Cordial, its often hard to find people who are willing to accept PK clauses so thanks for the dedication, so yea shout out for being the first to accept the clause))

((also please note that im dealing with a lot of irl issues right now, but expect me to follow up as said in the accepted apps soon, if all goes well ill be working on that shortly after this is posted, so yea sorry for the wait!))

((IRP))

Name: Baldur

Why do you wish to join?: I wish to protect the mortal races

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended): hoster102

MC Name: hoster102

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?: yes if the rp leads to it (as in if i'm killed for leaving or betraying)

20 hours ago, Hoster102 said:

((IRP))

Name: Baldur

Why do you wish to join?: I wish to protect the mortal races

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended): hoster102

MC Name: hoster102

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?: yes if the rp leads to it (as in if i'm killed for leaving or betraying)

ACCEPTED-1.png

4 hours ago, SexeHexe said:

((IRP))

Name: Anaros

Race (any race is accepted): Golem

Why do you wish to join?: Friends.

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended):

MC Name: sexehexe

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?: no, it's rply not possible to pk me im too powerstrong

I ask that you reveal who your Impera is first, to see if he is among our number, after you reply it shall be decided if you are accepted -Janus

((IRP))

Name: Nicholas Thorbecke

Why do you wish to join?: God's are bad

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended): parkins_

MC Name: Parkins

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?: I mean I really can't die so no.

16 minutes ago, Parkins said:

((IRP))

Name: Nicholas Thorbecke

Why do you wish to join?: God's are bad

((OOC))

Skype (optional but recommended): parkins_

MC Name: Parkins

Do You Accept A PK Clause If You Leave For Purposes Harmful To Us Or Betray Us?: I mean I really can't die so no.

ACCEPTED-1.png

((also technically that's not true, as the PK clause would also apply to getting your phylactery destroyed, not really sure on actual lore of that stuff tho so correct me if im wrong, but yea don't expect to be a balance monk or magistrate till you accept the pk clause))