[✗] [Antagonist Lore] The Hive

drfate786

Just now, L0rdB0rd said:

It ain't scary. Seeing a harbinger on the road and realizing it was kahzo and goldrim is scary. You arent scary.

Who said anything about me? This lore is about an antagonist, not me. 

2 hours ago, L0rdB0rd said:

It ain't scary. Seeing a harbinger on the road and realizing it was kahzo and goldrim is scary. You arent scary.

You're cool bud

I will be honest with you here, just know I cannot go into details onto the reasonings but know that everything I say is genuine. This is not going to happen. Antagonists are something I am looking heavily into, and as the actor manager will promptly consider it in my juristriction to focus upon it rather than the team as a whole. It is an interesting idea, but as I said, not today or the forseeable future.

Just now, Sky said:

I will be honest with you here, just know I cannot go into details onto the reasonings but know that everything I say is genuine. This is not going to happen. Antagonists are something I am looking heavily into, and as the actor manager will promptly consider it in my juristriction to focus upon it rather than the team as a whole. It is an interesting idea, but as I said, not today or the forseeable future.

You can go into the details and reasonings. Also, last I checked you were complaining about how they removed you from your position as the ET manager and even went as far as to accuse the staff of corruption for not stating the details and reasonings behind your dismissal. Isn't it ironic and if not convenient that you are now doing the same thing they did to you by not explaining the details and reasons behind what you just said? Isn't it also convenient that you are doing this to someone who spoke negatively about you on that thread? Explain away friend! :)

Also, you're the actor manager, not the ET manager. Even if you were the ET manager this falls under the LT and the administrators, the ET shouldn't get a say on the lore. You have no authority on this and likely never will, not today or in the foreseeable future. 

I don't mean any offense, just stating my opinion.

1 hour ago, drfate786 said:

You can go into the details and reasonings. Also, last I checked you were complaining about how they removed you from your position as the ET manager and even went as far as to accuse the staff of corruption for not stating the details and reasonings behind your dismissal. Isn't it ironic and if not convenient that you are now doing the same thing they did to you by not explaining the details and reasons behind what you just said? Isn't it also convenient that you are doing this to someone who spoke negatively about you on that thread? Explain away friend! :)

Also, you're the actor manager, not the ET manager. Even if you were the ET manager this falls under the LT and the administrators, the ET shouldn't get a say on the lore. You have no authority on this and likely never will, not today or in the foreseeable future. 

I don't mean any offense, just stating my opinion.

No I cannot go into details, else it would be ruined. As for the whole 'You are the actor manager not the ET manager' let me quickly explain, in the mangement of the event team there are three main heads. The director as de factor representative, actor manager and builder manager, I am indeed one of the two ET managers. As for this falling under the LT and Administrators, that isn't true. Antagonists full under the juristriction of the event team, all lore that we need written is then done by the lore team. I have no authority on this? I do. 

This is my last response to this, enjoy your day.

Just now, Sky said:

No I cannot go into details, else it would be ruined. As for the whole 'You are the actor manager not the ET manager' let me quickly explain, in the mangement of the event team there are three main heads. The director as de factor representative, actor manager and builder manager, I am indeed one of the two ET managers. As for this falling under the LT and Administrators, that isn't true. Antagonists full under the juristriction of the event team, all lore that we need written is then done by the lore team. I have no authority on this? I do.

Either way, unless you are planning to have an antagonist released within the next month or two you can't turn down an idea like this one. It's a complete waste of my time and yours. 

Edit:

You also mentioned that the LT must write lore for antagonists. This lore would remove the need to write lore and all the LT would have to do is revise this current lore for implementation. It would save you and the LT a lot of time and would grant the community an antagonist that is new and unique to LoTC. Simply having another undead or harbinger antag will be quite displeasing. 

6 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Either way, unless you are planning to have an antagonist released within the next month or two you can't turn down an idea like this one. It's a complete waste of my time and yours.

I think they can turn it down, if they want to. Yes, your idea is well-planned and written well, but they won't accept it just because you feel put a lot of hard work into it & think that it is the best antagonist idea in the history of the server. There is much more that goes into the acception process than just how well the idea is written. If the staff has something else in mind, than it is best to just be proud of the work you did and save it for the future.

I'm just going to clarify on this thread myself. Any server antag falls directly under the Admins. Whereas the ET and the LT would work together to bring things like that to light. 

54 minutes ago, Corvoo said:

I'm just going to clarify on this thread myself. Any server antag falls directly under the Admins. Whereas the ET and the LT would work together to bring things like that to light. 

Yes.

Not going to lie, this is way better than anything I would expect from you, Fate. Better than any antagonist idea I've heard in the past half year that wasn't devised by Freema.

I really hope we end up going with one of Freema's ideas though...

9 hours ago, drfate786 said:

Edit:

You also mentioned that the LT must write lore for antagonists. This lore would remove the need to write lore and all the LT would have to do is revise this current lore for implementation. It would save you and the LT a lot of time and would grant the community an antagonist that is new and unique to LoTC. Simply having another undead or harbinger antag will be quite displeasing. 

They can turn down your idea if they want to. And personally attacking the head et actor is not gonna get you lore accepted.

1 hour ago, A Moongazer said:

They can turn down your idea if they want to. And personally attacking the head et actor is not gonna get you lore accepted.

He isn't really attacking anyone, he just thinks his idea is good and I think it's rather good too. A +1 from me.

Your best bet is to apply to the ET and attempt to implement it directly in some fashion. Leaving it in the hands of someone else will seldom transpire the way you would have hoped, and you will have little to no influence on it once/if it becomes implemented otherwise.

It's not a bad concept by any means, but could be formatted a little better and elaborated on in some ways. When I proposed Orgon as the Antagonist I wrote about a variety of different ways in which land and people could be affected, characters and had a general plan of action.

I'd suggest writing something like this on the side to present to the LT if they decide to approach you.

On a side note, to any LT or ET that are reading this, I urge you not to proceed with an overarching, single entity as an Antagonist. We've seen a tremendous amount of evidence from past occasions that the team are incapable of pulling this off.

Instead, you should create smaller Antagonists that can spread across the map, and could implement this submission by way of one of them.

Please, don't include:

-Dragons

-Massive Beasts

-Hooded Strangers

-Cryptic Messages and ET selected circle-jerk characters

-Anything that isn't Lore-Approved/Friendly

-Liches/Undead (SWGR)

-Dark Souls carbon copies

-Anything that isn't relatable/doesn't have any character depth

-Your Ego

7 hours ago, Sky said:

Yes.

There you go, I was right. This decision falls under the admins. If you are planning a future antagonist I hope it comes out soon, the server is in decline and will continue to decline after the blacklist. We need an antagonist to spice things up, so if your antagonist isn't coming out in the next few months then this one would serve as a precursor to prepare for the one your planning. As to what Smawton stated, the thing that makes this antagonist particularly brilliant is that it spreads everywhere. It's not a single overarching antagonist but a hivemind with several overarching antagonists on a massive scale that also happens to take on a small scale. Basically, this can be brought onto any scale at any time. 

Edit:

To put it simply, this antagonist could serve as a temporary antagonist to keep Axios busy while Sky and the ET finish creating their antagonist. 

1 hour ago, drfate786 said:

As to what Smawton stated, the thing that makes this antagonist particularly brilliant is that it spreads everywhere. It's not a single overarching antagonist but a hivemind

By definition of it spreading everywhere and having one source, and seemingly no variation between "hives" it's an overarching Antagonist. I'm not averse to it being somewhere, just not everywhere.