[✗] [Lore Change] Arcane Displacement

Mr. Etan

Arcane Displacement

featured-unstableportal.jpg

The art of arcane displacement is one that has been kept a secret to most due to the origins, thought to be forged by the ancient and “First” mad wizard, arcane displacement was used for gateways to high towers. This magic was forged into a godly book through some odd forms of magics and dropped into the daily lives of descendants with the rest of the books of power. Arcane Displacement is a magic that taps into a new theory discovered through reading this tome called 'The Locomotive Theories' of the Void. This theory and essentially soon to be a fundamental law describes entirely how the portal process works. Originally when a reader had opened the book of power and attempted to read the secrets within it would instill their memories with the entire process of how the theory works and how the magic works itself. It was almost like they spent years learning it but it seemed incomprehensible to explain it to others, they just wouldn't understand no matter how much detail they went into.

This is where the Archon Sarrion Zytiaear started to take this vast details and tone it down, writing it out into texts that others would understand, the locomotive theory itself; the entire voidal realm can be mapped by mathematical grid, with this grid you can pinpoint two locations between the void and sync them together with the theory, which states that a ‘door’ or the mana that is webbed holding the coordinates of the other ‘door’ will connect to each other magically, as the void will sync them together. The reason why it’s instant is because the void logically treats them as one door, so the user never truly enters the void but uses it as a shortcut, akin to voidal shifting but in much deeper detail of micro-locational mathematics, the web of mana that you weave in the space designated to be this ‘door’ is actually a magical string of coordinates, used in a pattern, which is why the pattern on the other side has to be similar.

Arcane Displacement, What is it?

Arcane Displacement is a voidal feat that was originally created by Zarsies, it is a voidal feat in which a mage can create two portals between one another and lock them with a secret phrase. This mage is a nice utility as a fast travel for personal mage use between perhaps two wizard towers or a guild with many guildhalls to use as a hubbed portal.

The Issues:

Arcane Displacement is currently LOCKED to the learner having to obtain a book of power which is typically kept locked tight by it’s keeper. This can prevent other mages from learning such and keep such a prevalent utility from being learned.

Arcane Displacement REQUIRES the loremaster to be available almost 24/7 for the creation of charms and for the teaching of another person using the book. This is inconvenient for both the mages with the magic AND the loremaster who shouldn't need to spend most of his time regulating such.

Arcane Displacement is typically used when alone so the timeframe of rping for 30 IRL minutes to emote weaving mana between an enclosed space over and over is redundant.

The Fixes I propose:

Allow Arcane Displacement to be teachable through the TA system by the mages who have learned it. This magic can be broken down into 2 months of learning time with 3 tiers. 1st Tier is a week in which the student learns all about the locomotive theory and, ends up making their first portal. 2nd Tier is a month in in which it allows the mage to create their second portal link now that they’re well practiced. And Tier 3 2 months in, the user can make their 3rd and final portal. The book can still be used to learn it fully without the 2 months.

Allow the MAT To give approval and oversee the creation of Charms and approve the charmed portals. This makes it so the loremaster doesn't have to be bothered almost every day for the creation of new portals.

Allow the casters to create portals with 4-7 emotes with the MAT Overseeing the event (As they need to approve the charm anyways) rather than the (30 minutes of emoting) you cant create portals in a combat situation.

Disclaimer:

Arcane Displacement will still be the same magic, Just changes!

Anyone can simplify the locomitive theory and teach it! (Through the TA system), Sarrion would just have been the first.

The book still teaches, and skips the whole 2 month learning!

This is not made to undermine the ability's of the book. The book isn't just made for teaching it has hidden powers to be unlocked and it still bypasses the entire learning time, meaning the book is still far more useless and these changes wont "make it useless"

1. This would completely go against the point of it being a Tome of Power, rendering the need for the actual book useless and null. If not, it can get to a point where practically everyone will have the magic eventually.

2. I'll ask Zarsies about this, but at least in my case I've been told I can oversee the creation of portals. I'll discuss that with him.

3. No. It'd make it far too easy to use in combat and other situations where time is of the essence. They're not meant to be made quickly, they take a loooooong time to make in RP for a reason.

maxresdefault.jpg

Seriously, kind of defeats purpose of tome of power ability & rarity don'tcha think? -1

*signs*

redlines might be needed but that can be a later edit

7 minutes ago, Fitermon said:

1. This would completely go against the point of it being a Tome of Power, rendering the need for the actual book useless and null. If not, it can get to a point where practically everyone will have the magic eventually.

2. I'll ask Zarsies about this, but at least in my case I've been told I can oversee the creation of portals. I'll discuss that with him.

3. No. It'd make it far too easy to use in combat and other situations where time is of the essence. They're not meant to be made quickly, they take a loooooong time to make in RP for a reason.

I'm sure you're only saying this because you and Jax have the book of power, so it seems a bit baised.

And I'll add a redline that you cant use it in combative situations lol

5 minutes ago, Ciaran said:

Seriously, kind of defeats purpose of tome of power ability & rarity don'tcha think? -1

Book of power still has its purpose, you can skip the whole learning process and it has greater locked abilitys than just teaching it.

I don't have the book, lol. Furthermore, the same can be said you're doing this just because you lost the book.

2 minutes ago, Fitermon said:

I don't have the book, lol. Furthermore, the same can be said you're doing this just because you lost the book.

This isn't about getting the book back or anything else,

This is about making the magic easier to use and perhaps easier to teach, due to the fact that originally you would have to schedule time with zarsies to get him to RP the book. I even brought this all up with him and he liked the changes.

Spread the magic. Stop hoarding magics. Roleplay should be available to anyone willing to go out and take part, not just those who happen to hold onto a certain MC book, locked away for no one to see.

You just recently lost the tome. The fact that you are making this proposal very soon after shows that there are further wishes behind this.

This should probably be kept to use via tome of power in my opinion.

That being said, the argument is undermined when a couple LMs just come in and go "lol you salty breh."

15 minutes ago, JaxOff_ said:

I find it quite funny that you make this proposal within a month of losing the tome. No self benefit out of this, aye?

Also beneficial to other people who have the magic and don't have the book. The tome is still important as it bypasses the learning, so dw.

Note: im neutral in this I don't support or am against this lore

57 minutes ago, Fitermon said:

I agree with this man here.

All I wanna see is some magical zippy zap portals aight?

Alright so while the whole portal thing seems like a neato utility on the surface consider that you can theoretically move a theoretically infinite number of people through a theoretically infinite distance to theoretically infinite number of locations. Now of course that theory isn't exactly going to happen but if you look at how many people ping themselves through the Enchantries portal hub daily or consider how I made a pusedo-pocket dimension you can see how much IC power the ability to create these portals gives.

If you make it too easy to acquire this ability it may very much turn out as vailor tier cart portal spam so keeping it difficult to acquire is best.

7 hours ago, Fitermon said:

but at least in my case I've been told I can oversee the creation of portals.

Also this is good to know, i'm going to abuse you now.