[✗] [Lore Change] Arcane Displacement

Mr. Etan

Just now, Данстан said:

Also this is good to know, i'm going to abuse you now.

Ignore it nevermind it was only on the ones I made because trust. Sry.

Just now, Fitermon said:

Ignore it nevermind it was only on the ones I made because trust. Sry.

[SCREECHES IN PORTAL]

Honestly I don't see too much an issue with this, and in all truth you could simply buy an FT cart to go between two separate area's and it would act pretty much just like this, infact, that's what I did to RP a portal system in the days of old. At least this has some form of lore backing, and it really wouldn't make a difference when the alternative is what I said above. Hell, you could even get paid for it instead with the new FT system, but that's beside the point. If I gave enough shits I could make my own "portal" system with the method above instead of booking times with LM's, MAT's and GM's like I'm attending some board meeting and then chasing after a teleporting book, sounds kinda silly when you put it that way huh? Also makes the alternative much more convenient offer with the minus being set back a few mina. These people have lives, neither they nor I have time for that. I think this just makes things more simple.

I decided to leave some actual feedback since half the comments are about you either previously holding the book or calling you a whiner.

Nice to see the maturity of the lore team here. I give it an A+. 
On a sidenote, I don't care for the portals, don't have the magic, and don't want it. I just think this is a disgusting reaction from what are supposed to be mature, unbiased and clear thinking individuals.

On 2/19/2017 at 3:32 PM, ski_king3 said:

This should probably be kept to use via tome of power in my opinion.

That being said, the argument is undermined when a couple LMs just come in and go "lol you salty breh."

I'm not saying it's motivated by "lol you salty breh." I just think it's redundant to have something called the Tome of Power if the aforementioned "Power" isn't from the "Tome" it's explicitly stated to be from. As for letting people other than Zarsies review it, I believe that should be easily implementable, but I do not think it's reasonable to shift the ability to learn from the Tome away from the Tome itself, instantaneous or time-taking. In regards to saying this because "I have the book," I do not, and am actually trying to steal it from Jax's character in roleplay. Perhaps actually enforce the tome's requirement to be used or it'll be taken from its holder to prevent hoarding as opposed to making the tome from THE Tome of Power into the Tome of Suggestion For Quicker Power. As for the emotes needed, I'm moreso concerned of potential use in combatitive/other similar situations where one can potentially abuse the quick speed of making a portal to simply escape and avoid roleplay without having had prior preparation and time. Jax's statement I disagree with, but I will also just as steadily argue against Tox's statement the only reason I wrote this is because of my bias towards the tome, given I am restricted any access to it in roleplay as well, and am similarly trying to steal it to distribute to a different group of players. No harmful intent was meant to be given off by a very concise, statement-based opinion on what the Tome of Power should do, and if you still believe this to be "salty" then let me know what can be improved upon, @ski_king3 & Aehab

Oh one other thing if someone hoards the tomes in lore they poof away so you're quite literally incapable of holding the tome forever and refusing to share.

This lore is denied. We are currently going to be looking at all the tomes and working on overhauling them, which will hopefully address the issues raised by this piece.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.