[✗] The Black Dragon of The West

MissToni

[Feedback] Didn’t know where to post this…

The Black Dragon of The West

Words could be heard whispering from what seemed like a deep and endless cave. But the words were not of this world, but those who listened knew it did not speak of kindness. For deep and dark thrills surrounded the sentences that were uttered.

Khavrak nür marz ahnar.” (Rise again from the ashes.)

Noir mühn dathanir katah brinai!” (Unleash your fire upon them all!)

Stone could be heard cracking and crumbling as light would shine from the cave. A winged beast of black and crimson eyes lunged out from the cave. Making stone shards shatter to the ground from the size of the beast forcing itself out. A screeching and petrifying roar would come from the beast’s terrifying mouth filled with sharp teeth. A few flaming sparkles came out from the beast’s mouth along with the roar as it stretched out it wings. Upon doing so it would reveal its feet and arms that bared huge claws of bone that could pierce through flesh and armour like it was paper. Its scales were black as the darkest corner you could ever see, its thickness to that of 5 times more than a great stone wall. Another loud roar could be heard from the beast as it would start to flap with its wings. Rising further and further from the ground as it flew over the trees and rose to the sky. The black dragon of the west had come to release its flames of hell upon the world.

((OOC Information:

• THIS IS MY FIRST TIME DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS, SO WHOOP, WHOOP.
  • This is just an idea for an event that could be done to make things interesting.
  • I came up with it after reading somewhere on the forums that there had been dragons, and some of its kind still existed (like wyverns and stuff) so I thought that maybe there could have been a sleeping dragon that had been enchanted somewhere waiting for be awakened by magic.
  • The language I wrote in another “tongue” was just something I came up with to make it more interesting.
  • I would love to get feedback on how I could write it more interesting and so it would fit more with the lore on the server.
  • Please only comment constructive criticism, as I am only posting this to get more ideas from the community to make the “may to become” event more interesting.
  • I know it is not much, but I hope you guys like what I’ve done so far.
  • Of course, this event would only take place when the blacklist has been lifted, so that all players who wish can attend. (if it were to happen)
  • I am willing to change many things to make it fit more, and I am willing to add more depth into the lore of the event as well.
  • The dragon is about half the size of Ancalagon the Black(this can be changed)  

Lore wise. I believe this creature could either be a drakaar or just a very large drake. Drakes are corrupted dragons, and drakaars are just op corrupted dragons.

We've had a lot of dragon events in the past, some will say too many. Also, if it comes from the west, it'll probably attack Westerlands: perhaps a different place could get attacked by dark forces this time? 

Ill remain honest, I do like this idea +1

1 minute ago, Jentos said:

Lore wise. I believe this creature could either be a drakaar or just a very large drake. Drakes are corrupted dragons, and drakaars are just op corrupted dragons.

We've had a lot of dragon events in the past, some will say too many. Also, if it comes from the west, it'll probably attack Westerlands: perhaps a different place could get attacked by dark forces this time? 

Ill remain honest, I do like this idea +1

Thank you, I am trying to read more up on dragon lore. And yeah, I think it would probably be a large drake or a drakaar. But I don't really know where it should come from or where it should be attacked, so I am open to ideas ^w^

1 minute ago, MissToni said:

Thank you, I am trying to read more up on dragon lore. And yeah, I think it would probably be a large drake or a drakaar. But I don't really know where it should come from or where it should be attacked, so I am open to ideas ^w^

Oh oh! I know! It comes from pure north, north west. It does not go south like a retard to get gang banged by westerlands,

it could go east to attack the Haensetic lands.

Burning village by village, one village per 1-3 days, forcing the ET's to discuss the event with the region owners to plan the event, and thus leaving every settlement a chance to kill the beast!

I suggest looking the Dynmap if you aren't sure.

5 minutes ago, Jentos said:

Oh oh! I know! It comes from pure north, north west. It does not go south like a retard to get gang banged by westerlands,

Burning village by village, one village per 1-3 days, forcing the ET's to discuss the event with the region owners to plan the event, and thus leaving every settlement a chance to kill the beast!

I suggest looking the Dynmap if you aren't sure.

That is a really good idea, thank you. I'm trying to rewrite a bit on the lore and stuff already ^w^ I appreciate your replies on this. 

I do no claim to know much, having only joined mid-vailor and with my computers annoying habit of having Wi-Fi failure whenever I tried to join an event or warclaim battle

but if what Jentos says is true (and im inclined to believe him)

41 minutes ago, Jentos said:

We've had a lot of dragon events in the past, some will say too many

then perhaps you could add a unique flair? I have two basis ideas for such, but of course let your creativity go wild!

1. the dragon can shapeshift to walk among the descendants, possibly tricking and manipulating some poor fools... (this might've been done but im not sure)

2. the dragon could turn out to be something COMPLETELY different, ex: a test devised by an aengul (wasn't there one all about order and justice?) so the vanquisher of the beast can become that aengul's champion, or perhaps the dragon is artificial, devised by a mad yet brilliant tinker of old? who knows!

I would once again ask people to note my disclaimer message at the top, and not hate me for possible ignorance

anyway, good luck!

+1 from me

1 hour ago, Jentos said:

Nice to see we still hold the title of 'Giant Monster Gangbangers' here in the Westerlands

1 hour ago, LittleKnights said:

I do no claim to know much, having only joined mid-vailor and with my computers annoying habit of having Wi-Fi failure whenever I tried to join an event or warclaim battle

but if what Jentos says is true (and im inclined to believe him)

then perhaps you could add a unique flair? I have two basis ideas for such, but of course let your creativity go wild!

1. the dragon can shapeshift to walk among the descendants, possibly tricking and manipulating some poor fools... (this might've been done but im not sure)

2. the dragon could turn out to be something COMPLETELY different, ex: a test devised by an aengul (wasn't there one all about order and justice?) so the vanquisher of the beast can become that aengul's champion, or perhaps the dragon is artificial, devised by a mad yet brilliant tinker of old? who knows!

I would once again ask people to note my disclaimer message at the top, and not hate me for possible ignorance

anyway, good luck!

+1 from me

I'll take these ideas in mind as well, thank you ^w^

Quite interesting ;)

I'm probably not the best person to give feedback because of inexperience and bias but it does sound good.Though I do agree with the person who said about adding something interesting perhaps the ability to make little corrupted dragon people?

(Forgot how to the spell the Az people's name)

Though that could be a bit too annoying to deal with.

Also I hope I don't have to save Avilia from a dragon

+1

4 minutes ago, mrmist0 said:

I'm probably not the best person to give feedback because of inexperience and bias but it does sound good.Though I do agree with the person who said about adding something interesting perhaps the ability to make little corrupted dragon people?

(Forgot how to the spell the Az people's name)

Though that could be a bit too annoying to deal with.

Also I hope I don't have to save Avilia from a dragon

+1

Thanks, and yeah I agree with adding other stuff as well ^w^

9 minutes ago, MissToni said:

Thanks, and yeah I agree with adding other stuff as well ^w^

To be honest, if you intend on having anything more powerful than a drake, you'll probably need permission from the entire lore team. Drakaars are able to switch between wyrm and descendant form. But they remain rare and ever so deadly.

I suggest having some ancient-ancient drake, it's scales Ebon ash black. It's so old it has difficulty fighting. Yet it's scales are so old, they've hardened, and from its centuries of sleeping and resting, the dark flames it can release are even deadlier as they've fermented.

Yet perhaps because of its old age, it can be tricked? Perhaps. I always enjoy events that aren't just "pew pew, I kill monster! Yargh! Pew pew!"

Also, remember: this is a player made event suggestion! Not a lore submission! You could ask people from the lore team for help, and perhaps even from the event team! :3

20 minutes ago, Jentos said:

To be honest, if you intend on having anything more powerful than a drake, you'll probably need permission from the entire lore team. Drakaars are able to switch between wyrm and descendant form. But they remain rare and ever so deadly.

I suggest having some ancient-ancient drake, it's scales Ebon ash black. It's so old it has difficulty fighting. Yet it's scales are so old, they've hardened, and from its centuries of sleeping and resting, the dark flames it can release are even deadlier as they've fermented.

Yet perhaps because of its old age, it can be tricked? Perhaps. I always enjoy events that aren't just "pew pew, I kill monster! Yargh! Pew pew!"

Also, remember: this is a player made event suggestion! Not a lore submission! You could ask people from the lore team for help, and perhaps even from the event team! :3

Yeah, I intended for it to have been a dragon(drake in this lore) to have been asleep for centuries because of some magic put on it. And then it had been awoken again by this 'voice'(not sure if this 'voice' should have a play in the event or naw) 

But thanks xD forgot I could ask for help since it's an event suggestion

Claiming this. Please contact live:gjay6111 on Skype.