[✗] [Magic Lore Submission] Okar magic (Dark Feat)

E__V__O

Okar Magic

(Dark Feat)

A chest appeared in front of the Haelun’or city, on top of the chest was written  “Do not open, for this will bring great tragedy to those who partake.”  However one foolish elf broke the chains, revealing a large tome.  It was chained shut, by two separate locks, along with a smaller diary, which was also locked shut.

“Diary of Ka'Tarem, Vol 130”  This was the smaller one, the chains were broken, and the book opened to reveal neat writing, though the pages were covered in dirt.  The first page detailed who he was, he had been a high elf scholar from long ago.  His chest had been carried by his family for generations, before the final one succumbed to sickness, and delivered this chest to their kin.

It turns out Ka'Tarem had been revolutionary for his time, dealing in souls, and dark magics, until one day he had found a large tome.  This he had read and made a diary just for the research.  The next few pages described how he had found it.  And the rest where his research notes.  

Setting this to the side, the foolish man who had opened the chest, picked up the large tome.  “Okar, The Combining of Spirits.” It read in gold letters.  After the tomb was cleaned off it was revealed to be of a thick wolf's hide.  Each page carefully written out in silver ink, details upon details provided of the human body, of how the soul worked, and even of a how other magics worked, though this was vague.  

It appeared to have been written ages ago, but the pages where mostly intact.  However it was in an ancient tongue that no one understood.  Yet in more research the man found that there was a code in the diary’s pages that allowed him to translate what each symbol was in the larger book.  The foolish young man we’ll call Sand’re.  Sand’re took the book and began to translate it upon his own, revealing the mysteries inside the large tome.  

---------------

What was translated was this.

Okar once a contract, had been changed into something deeper.  It delved into the dark arts to bring two people’s souls much closer.  However this was far from safe, and far from easy.  You have to have a tattoo with infused ink, and a person who has knowledge in the art.  

The binding is an easy enough magic to learn, if you have the proper research materials upon you, however it is more difficult for the people you affect.  The Okar themselves is known for going absolutely insane.  

An Okar is created when two people split their souls, usually a mage and their affected will bind together, the person with the larger tattoo is the Okar, and gains a set amount of benefits, at a price.  They have increased senses as well as being able to see about 3 meters farther than the average person.

There is a small telepathy between the mage and the Okar, this is extended to only the Okar receiving messages from the mage no other transmissions can be done, this said no Okar to mage. With this small telepathy within a short range, usually in close eyesight distance(4 MC blocks) of the Okar the mage can send vague images over. This is usually accidental if the mage is under a lot of stress making the images a blur which can temporarily blind the Okar. It would be difficult to decipher the images being sent by the mage unless the Okar has a full connection to the mage which usually takes years of practice.

An Okar would have the possibility to be a mage also, though as the feelings of each body is sent through each other is the mage exhausted themselves the Okar would also be exhausted and vice versa. Which is why this is discouraged. That also being said if the Okar or mage is hurt the concentration for someone if they’re casting magic might/can be broken which will leave either side unable to defend themselves. If the mage died the Okar wouldn’t be able to defend themselves due to the vast emotions felt, such as grief.

Ascended though unable to revert the soul splitting, were able to damage the souls with their magic.  Allowing a slight respite from each other however at an extremely painful cost.  Though the caster would be unharmed from any Ascended magic, as they would not have a tainted soul, the Okar and Mage would be greatly harmed by any holy magic cast upon them, and thus are not able to accept Ascended’s healing in any way shape or form.

Paladins and Cleric’s magic do not affect the Okar as their soul is not tainted, just split.

HOW TO CREATE AN OKAR

First, you learn the ritual, from a teacher.  This is a quick learning and doesn’t revolve around being able to different types, it’s extremely straight forwards.

You need a special ink.

To create the ‘ink’ you’ll be needing squid ink infused with mana, to do this, you’ll get the ink inside a bottle, wrap your hands around it before focusing your mana onto the ink and draining it out towards it. This would alter the ink to become a more sluggish clumped slime once done.

Once you start to write the unique symbols upon each person's chest tattooing them with this ink. The okar having a different and larger symbols whereas the mage has smaller symbols tattooed. They would rest above the heart, upon both people, the color of the tattoo can vary however it’s often an almost glowing soft blue.

When the tattoos are done the caster will infuse both with mana, by touching each tattoo with their hand, and then infusing it with their mana, letting the two souls travel between the caster and into the Mage and the Okar.  

What follows after is an extreme amount of pain in each of the affected, as their souls are literally halved from each being and transferred between each other to rest wherever the previous half was removed, not connected to it just residing in the same area.  This is agony, and the shock is known for killing.  However if the Okar and the Mage survive, they are able to sense each other, the sensations will be overwhelming.  Though they cannot sense each other's location, they would be able to feel every bit of pain, and every emotion the other felt.  

cff4efc9fd35e935f1a6532c7ffa2882.png

Tattoo for Okar

3984801a9f1fc87e2471ea469137ab7c.png

Tattoo for mage

----------------------------------

How to reverse an Okar

You must be able to gather both the mage(Caster) and the Okar together and agree to put the souls back. This process is done through placing the hand against the tattoo upon the chest of each, infusing the mana into the symbols to activate them, before allowing the souls to travel back through each other and become inside the one host. Though the soul wouldn’t be able to be repaired together and just idle rest inside the same space split from it’s other half, however the mage and Okar will have their own souls in the body. Something will always feel missing.

Being removed from your mage should be last choice, as both of you will be scarred forever.  

If a mage dies permanently and the body is never found, or the same with the Okar, they may get the tattoo removed, and the second soul taken out by their Caster, however they will live life with half a soul.  This usually brings them to madness and suicide.  

----------------------------------

Summary

An Okar and Mage must be connected together by someone that knows the ritual.

To do this you both are permanently tattooed upon your chest with a mana infused ink.

The Okar and Mage sense each other's emotions, pain, and physical well being.

If an Ascended tries to heal you, this hurts you, and the one you’re connected to will feel the pain as well.  Any Ascended magic WILL harm you in all forms, however it cannot reverse the effects of Okar.

An Okar can get pictures from the others mind, however this is jumbled thoughts and extremely hard to read.  This only happens if you are within 9 feet of each other.  Or three meters.

If you do not give OOC consent, the connection will fail.  Remember this is nearly permanent so be careful who you are bound too.

You can have it removed, one of two ways, however it’s extremely hard to heal your spirit, and after words you would be EXTREMELY depressed, and suicidal.  It would take at least a year to get over this state, but you would always have a missing part, and be lonely.  

Okar’s will have heightened senses, however this can be a downfall as their senses are easier to overwhelm.  

Okar’s can have magic, however this is a suggested no as it’s easier to take them out by killing their Mage.  

The connection is EXTREMELY painful, and for the first week you’d be just trying to get over the sensation, casting during this time is near impossible.

-------------------

REDLINES

No holy mages may be an Okar, or a Mage as it is a dark magic.

Ascended’s magic hurts an Okar, and their mage.

Fi mages may not be an Okar, or Mage as their souls are already damaged.

If an Okar or Mage dies, the other will feel it, and be thrown into grief, if they are revived his will subside, however it’s something to try and avoid.  

If a soul puppeteer or anyone else curses one, the other would feel the effects, but not be cursed themselves.  

Okar would eventually go insane, as the overwhelming feelings and pictures would drive them mad.  However this takes an extremely long time.

You are only allowed ONE Okar Contract.  Anymore would result in a PK from ignoring this red line as your soul would be to damaged.

If the mage or okar is turned into another being (Golem, Archon, Wraith, Lich, ext) and still remains to have a soul they would still be under the effects of the okar magic, whereas the the tattoo will be scared on the closest point near the soul of the user.

Fi' mages would be able to prevent the telepathy.

Credits:

Written by: Rella101 and Evocress.

Bless you both for bringing this back +1

10/10 Would write again!

Sidenote I am the original lore writer, <3 so we figured we'd rewrite this as a team to bring it back, without the need of Contracts!

Seems very interesting, I see no harm in something like this.

THE TATTOOS
ARE FROM THE ARRIVAL

+2934629539057403075937843093785092343

11 minutes ago, Sovieeet~ said:

THE TATTOOS
ARE FROM THE ARRIVAL

+2934629539057403075937843093785092343

?

The original magic came from the wheel of time series. http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Warder

I'll be blunt I feel this lore is 'empty' compared to the previous version of it not to mention the boundless resource of the wheel of time series you have at your disposal. What I'm saying is I think you can greatly improve the lore from what it is right now.

23 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

The original magic came from the wheel of time series. http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Warder

I'll be blunt I feel this lore is 'empty' compared to the previous version of it not to mention the boundless resource of the wheel of time series you have at your disposal. What I'm saying is I think you can greatly improve the lore from what it is right now.

I am sure Rella can comment on the source and such I helped coordinate the idea and write it up. Though we wanted to keep it a feat, nothing to extreme for it to be classed as it's own magical sub-group. As it stands it is a mellowed down version of the previous lore but it still has strong capabilities between this and the previous lore.

It can be expanded on more, yes. Though if we expand on it too much what prevents this from becoming so in depth that deters people and or makes this a magical art and not a feat. 

We tried to keep it simple and have all the main points and functions together which we came up with this. If you feel like we can improve in various ways please provide suggestions, though as it stands we want this to be a feat so it cannot have a lot of power and abilities. 

We did consider adding in more symbols and bonds between the Okar and Mage though we left that out. They might return at a later time.

Right now as the lore stands there's nearly zero ic reason to do this, there needs to be some positives from the link instead of just negatives and a neutral-negative(images eventually driving the okar insane) besides basically enslaving the okar. Also literally exchanging halves of souls will have a pretty drastic effect on both individuals involved. I understand the need to keep it simple but there needs to be some explanation there.

33 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Right now as the lore stands there's nearly zero ic reason to do this, there needs to be some positives from the link instead of just negatives and a neutral-negative(images eventually driving the okar insane) besides basically enslaving the okar. Also literally exchanging halves of souls will have a pretty drastic effect on both individuals involved. I understand the need to keep it simple but there needs to be some explanation there.

You are right about my original inspiration.

However this was an old lore that was once available, however when Contract magic disappeared, so did this lore.

I did a rewrite with TT. as to make it no longer a contract based magic.  However mind you, it is loosely based.  The original lore is about what, 3 years old?

I'd love to hear what you have to say, and what we could to do fix it if you wish to stop by the discord!

I'm personally not into this lore.

While we like the idea of a dark feat and Okar coming back, this iteration has a few large issues that need to be addressed. Specifically with the soul splitting, and what Wendigo has touched upon in his second comment.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.