[✗] [Magic Lore Submission] The Children of Light (Clerical Magic Addition)

Bvie

Well. You have definately outdone yourself, Squirt. Thumbs up for the detailed explainations and thought put into this lore.

But. I just cant see this becoming a part of the clerics, especially when we have a rewrite/revamp on the way. We got priest healing, war clericalism, divine wardens, and holy alteration, all (minis Divine wardens) getting new spells or remakes so that they are more unique as a magic overall. This idea is brilliant, trust me on that, but given that we will have some new spells coming up... I do not see the need of another sub-type. The tier system does need some work, as well as that clerics will need to be exhausted when this being is in play, holy energy will always tire out a holy user. Plus this may make the clerics too op or there is the risk of the magic falling inactive if you do not have people actively using it. Lastly, this magic does have some close resemblances to the Augurs of Yeu Rthulu.

Personally. This is better off as a seperate holy magic, not a sub-type for clericalism. It seems more suited as its own magic and your effort shouldnt go to waste. But I want to make this clear - I am not trying to come off as agressive or hateful, that this shouldnt be allowed because I 'purely hate' you. I recognise I did some bad things to you in the past and i accept that I was a **** at times to you. Ashamed definately, hateful? As if. I do not hate you and dislike this magic because of you... its just I cant see this magic fitting with the rewrite and we already got enough powerful sub-types of clericalism. But you have done brilliantly on this lore and you should definately be proud, just keep up the good work...

5 hours ago, ~Gandalf~ said:

I don't like this, But there is also some things I'd like clarification on, before I fully hate it.

-Its not clearly stated what branch of Clericism this is apart of, You make this seem like fourth type of magic which we don't need.

-Using light slowly/fastly) drains a cleric, Why doesn't this? How can I keep a constant connection for months!?

-Why would I be sad if my elemental died? What if I don't make a deep connection with it?

-Why am I allowed to make it appear with an external appearance like armor, But it really doesn't have armor?(Just have it have no clothing)

-What happens if I go inactive?(What happens to the elemental?)

-If I get knocked out, I break my connection. How is this different?

- It's clearly stated as to what branch of Clericalism this is on the third line of the document. Holy Alteration. And there's already four types of Clericalism. Divine Warden is the fourth, albeit only two active people are able to use it currently after 7 months.

- You are not keeping a constant connection for months. Like Blessing, you impart a portion of your Light into an object. That Light resides within the object, free of your connection, it simply exists. Blessings do not tire you after you create them, only when you create them. If someone swings a blessed blade onto a tainted creature and activates the blessing, it does not tire the cleric, because we already exhausted ourselves previously when making it. It's the whole point of blessing.

- Your soul is your connection to Tahariae. The Light passes through your soul and you then use it for your clerical needs. As it passes through, it takes upon traits of your self, much like how monks use the soul as a blueprint to heal your body, it carries portions of your personality, feelings, mindset, etc. Its why we have different color lights, because it adapts and changes based on us. All of these qualities are passed into the blessing of this new being, a being you created. As it grows, more and more of such qualities are being lumped together, becoming more like your inner self. Watching part of yourself die, it's a traumatic experience, and the amount it effects you is based on how long you were with your companion.

- Aesthetics. Being able to personalize your elemental based on your inner-self, allowing a cleric to reflect on their self. A knight in armor, a child with a mask, a monstorous being, a vain woman with jewelry, etc. All ways to display and show a persons inner-self without having any actual effect on the power of the being.

- As its stated in the clerical lore, clerics don't go 'inactive'. They are assumed to be on long pilgrimages. Your elemental would have gone with you.

- You are not powering the elemental anymore. The holy energy you put in the elemental long ago as a blessing, is. The elemental cannot leave your side, as described in the lore for each stage. If you are knocked out, all the elemental can do is attempt to defend your body with its blunt headbutts/smacks/punches all depending on the stage of the elemental.

As a side note: Most of your points aren't even about the elemental, but how Clericalism works in general. I see you have a TA app up. I hope this helped you understand more about the magic you're trying to teach. If you have other questions, I'm willing to help answer them.

19 minutes ago, SquirtGun said:

nah alright, I don't really look at the non-priest healing cleric lore.

Cool, well written piece of lore. +1!

Well to start off, I think you did an absolutely amazing job with the lore. Everything has been for the most part well defined and able to be understood. I do have a question though in regards to the refilling of the familiar itself.

As it grows within the tiers and needs to be refilled, would it require more light to be place within it in the higher tiers given its size being grown?

I also would like to state some concerns that some here have said and perhaps make suggestions on. I would have to agree on a player being needed to play as this creature given mostly by the more later tiers. How well defined and indepth they are along with the abilities they have required, it would be quite confusing and straining on the cleric to not only RP themselves, but their light creation as well. To be honest on keeping it like how a creature is with following you, you could just keep it max to tier 3 on it given around there it pretty much is fine. Or perhaps just decrease the size they grow to and keep them small yet still change and form like the later tiers along with adjusting how their strengths and abilities impact things.

3 hours ago, Jaeden said:

Not that bad of a lore addition. Though I think it'd be much better if it only ranged up to Tier 3, or Tier 4 at best. Tier 5 sounds a bit too complicated to roleplay alongside your own persona; and a bit too powerful as well, in my opinion. Other than that, looks great.

Also, Druids can roleplay animals. Anyone can within reason.

Im fine with tier 5 being scrapped. As long as the Elementals are able to take on a unique humanoid appearance based on the clerics soul  

that alone will create role play for others to interact with as well as the cleric getting a look at their inner self. A big tough guy running around with a small child elemental could speak boy lens and create so many questions about a characters past, and why the light sees themselves as such. 

Im fine with lowering their combat skills. I simply don't want this to become something that requires a second player to play because of how the past examples of 'pets/slaves' are only active for a short time and never seen again.

They're made to be assistants and companions, not their own individual and perhaps toning down is needed to make it less its own thing and more of an extension of yourself. 

As someone who is both a cleric, and use ti have a golem RPly, i feel it would be best for this type of creature to be RPed by the same person.

as stated and i will use golems as my example. Sometimes they are not on when you are, and they will never be able to RP your characters true self effecively.

the elemental is more of an extenstion of ones person, and is always bound to the cleric. I can see for maybe the teir 5. But even still, i feel they need to be one person. 

Sorry if a little vague. On my phone

To begin with, I like it. I think it’s cool and the idea of having a little round ball full of personality following around is really neat. On that level, it makes me smile. It is also very well written, and defined like a proper piece of lore should. However, there are some serious problems with this lore.

ONE: A skilled and knowledgeable Cleric (T5) is required to create a powerful ward in a sphere like shape. Sure. Why not. Then a lower can fill it with energy. Well I’d love to know how low to start with. Sounds like the elemental grows regardless of the person infusing it with energy, since it grows faster than a connected cleric does, each subtype supposed to take several months to master and a T5 elemental appears after 2 months + 15 days to full power? That means a non T5 cleric can create a permanently connected cleric equivalent faster than it takes a single individual to even learn one subtype of magic.

TWO: Now, you might say “well gath they aren’t cleric equivalents, they are weaker.” This simply isn’t the case. It’s true restorative elementals seems to be able to only heal small wounds and stabilize patients. Though on a side note, auto stabilizing a patient isn’t as low powered as it seems by the way. That’s actually most of the work, once they are stabilize you have as much time as you need to fully heal them, all of a sudden high levelled clerics that are able to heal more than a couple at a time are obsolete. All wounds heal with time, the real danger of dying in in those crucial minutes or hours after injury. That’s your best case, a less powerful (kind of) healer than the cleric is. Wait though, there’s more, the elemental can do more. In quote,

Those that the elemental deems to be the cleric’s allies will have the healing light seep into them, re-energizing their stamina and mana slowly. Useful to allies that may be tiring from combat, mana expenditure, or succumbing to wounds. This “area of effect Prayer of Rejuvenation” does slowly drain the elemental’s Light,

Let me be clear. Clerics can heal a person’s exhaustion. However, Clerics cannot reenergize mana expenditure it is contrary to our lore. And we cannot do such healing in an area of effect at that. So their light elemental minion doing it is shocking.

In war, its better, more balanced. Blinding and shield abilities sure. Though it is not clear on their limits and power. It is left up in interpretation, which is a danger.

THREE: Let’s take a step back. A T2 elemental can exude light, have a divine aura, auras are a permanent effect. This light can both heal and cause dark beings discomfort. Dark beings feel shearing pain whereas all wounds a descendent has is negated until a further point where a cleric can heal them. Clerics can’t do this? Clerics can’t even come close to this. They don’t walk around with a divine aura. If a divine elemental can burn and heal even just two people at once at a range it surpasses its clerical counterpart. Now, a redline addresses this, it doesn’t hurt dark beings unless physical contact takes place. This isn’t as bad, but it is still a permanently connected cleric causing damage to whatever it can touch as a whim. No redline states that they don’t heal with this light, and that still surpasses its clerical counterpart.

A T3 can create TENDRILS? Now, these are weaker than what we are accustomed to, just one. However, tendrils are a super high level ability that Keepers and Itharel once utilized, maybe just keepers, much to the dismay of shades. Keepers and Itharel being the demigod uber powerful avatars of Tahariae and Xan respectfully and they don’t even exist anymore. And they are the shade’s bread and butter. Seems a bit odd to exist on this T3 light elemental. The same aura problem persists. T4. Holy ****, more tendrils. However, these are cleverly disguised as arms and mark my words are powerful. They light taint on fire and cause immense pain. The clerical counterpart make light projectiles, orbs of light, similar in power perhaps, but a lot more difficult to control and limited in number. Though orbs of light don’t cause flames to break out. As these are extensions of the elemental using them is assumingly like using our own arms and legs, tireless. Aura continues. This is just one month, mind me. And these abilities are a part of their nature; they don’t have to be taught these. Also, a note to make the T5 uber clerical ability is flames of reckoning, extremely tiring to use and devastating to dark beings. Holy flames burn their opponents on both T3 and T4 elementals. This is shockingly close to this coveted ability.

FOUR:  Don’t light elementals sound familiar? Yeu Rthulu, the kindhearted, compassion filled, content lesser aengul that just wants everyone to get along, has these. Descendents have to give up their body and arguably their free will to become this. And they certainly don’t fight.

FIVE: I don’t know much about nonholy magics but I’ll attempt to argue the point. Conjuration creates beasts like this. But those are temporary. Doesn’t it feel like once more we are entering into another magic’s forte and making it infinitely better? Atronachs exists, these are permanent I think, but mages seem to have to go through hell and back to get them, knowing 3 types of magic, elemental evocation, conjuration, and transfiguration. Golems exist, lord know those are a pain to create. There’s a reason you don’t see these things wandering around willy nilly. These light elementals seem far too easy to get and the nature of clerical magic is once you are a cleric you can kind of branch off into other subtypes without much regulation as long as you have a teacher. I can imagine these popping up everywhere. Every cleric suddenly becomes two, and their buddy is no push over. The roleplay is surely appealing and satisfying, but we can’t ignore the balance and mechanical implications of such a lore. You need one T5 pumping out elemental shells and then passing them to ‘lesser’ clerics training in blessing like candy.

SIX: These are powerful beings, like golems, like atronachs. Their position in combat would matter a lot as well as timely intelligent emotes. Why is the cleric playing them and not another player? I agree, that the nature of the lore would mean little if another player, played them. They are a part of the cleric, and only that cleric would know how to play them right. If you want a cleric to play them, they should be delegated to more of a pet role instead of a fragment of your soul taking on the guise of a dark being wrecking elemental being. For example, once you get past the second tier they become too complex for a single player. Pets use simple emotes that can be done in battle. My hawk dives down and pecks at the dudes eyes.

SEVEN: This is not a simple blessing. This is a sword that cleaves through dark beings more effectively. This is another being, being created by a cleric. It has its own personality and abilities making it on par with powerful clerics. It exists permanently with the only difference being they need to be ‘recharged’ that is something that has little implementation on how they play.

Very interesting to read, I really enjoy the aspect of having a companion, and caring for that companion and watching them grow. It's like a part of you that you can carry around and interact with. And with this, no one will have the same elemental because they'll all develop differently and go through different hardships and struggles.

+ 1

9 hours ago, Farryn said:

Well. You have definately outdone yourself, Squirt. Thumbs up for the detailed explainations and thought put into this lore.

But. I just cant see this becoming a part of the clerics, especially when we have a rewrite/revamp on the way. We got priest healing, war clericalism, divine wardens, and holy alteration, all (minis Divine wardens) getting new spells or remakes so that they are more unique as a magic overall. This idea is brilliant, trust me on that, but given that we will have some new spells coming up... I do not see the need of another sub-type. The tier system does need some work, as well as that clerics will need to be exhausted when this being is in play, holy energy will always tire out a holy user. Plus this may make the clerics too op or there is the risk of the magic falling inactive if you do not have people actively using it. Lastly, this magic does have some close resemblances to the Augurs of Yeu Rthulu.

Personally. This is better off as a seperate holy magic, not a sub-type for clericalism. It seems more suited as its own magic and your effort shouldnt go to waste. But I want to make this clear - I am not trying to come off as agressive or hateful, that this shouldnt be allowed because I 'purely hate' you. I recognise I did some bad things to you in the past and i accept that I was a **** at times to you. Ashamed definately, hateful? As if. I do not hate you and dislike this magic because of you... its just I cant see this magic fitting with the rewrite and we already got enough powerful sub-types of clericalism. But you have done brilliantly on this lore and you should definately be proud, just keep up the good work...

- You have spoken about a rewrite/revamp of Clerical lore since September. My TA was 'blocked' in November because the MT was told the rewrite was being produced soon. I had to discuss with the MT Lead as to why blocking TA Apps for a supposed coming rewrite was counter productive when the goal was to revive a dying art. The last known attempt at a coming rewrite was worked on over a month ago (January), however this may be different as I was denied a voice in the clerical rewrite.

Only this week did Flam come to me saying they're trashing the old rewrite and starting fresh, asking for what I, and my sect of clerics, want to see.

It's now March. Its been 6 months of 'a rewrite is coming', of attempted excuses and blockades, and now, a new rewrite is formulated. 

I'm not going to stand around and wait longer for someone to write lore after waiting half a year, especially when I was denied a voice in it when I have a growing group of 11 players that wish to partake in clericalism and see it becoming more involved.

- As said in Line 3 of the lore, this is a form of Holy Alteration. It is not a new sub-type of magic.

- The cleric is exhausted during the creation of the shell and the creation of the being (to the point where the skilled cleric succumbs to exhaustion). The cleric exhausts themselves when they 'feed' the elemental's core with their Light. The cleric exhausts themselves when they repair the elemental. As the element continues to live, it constantly exhausts its own light, much like a blessed item slowly loses power over time just from existing. If the element is in combat and is forced to be an active participant, it's actions drain its light at a faster rate. 

The cleric is not using their own light or exhaustion to have the elemental move about or attack, that expends the light within the elemental, the light the cleric stored there earlier on and was exhausted already for. And, as said in the lore, exhaustion in an elemental is extremely dangerous as they don't simply pass out, but die, forever. You must restart back at Day 1 after recreating your elemental, making the decision to utilize an elemental's abilities dangerous.

However, I am fine with adding that, in a combat situation, a cleric must be connected to control the elemental in other ways than its base mission: protect the cleric. Meaning, if an attack is coming towards the cleric and the cleric is aware of it (To avoid PG/Meta claims), the elemental will attempt to take the hit for the cleric, regardless if they are connected or not.    If the cleric wishes to order the elemental to protect someone else or something other than its base mission, the cleric must be connected.

- The fear of a magic or creature becoming inactive should not prevent a potential addition.

Divine Wardens have been out for 7 Months and only 2 Active people use it. That's less than Moon magic had.

Speaking of Augurs, looking at the creature list and /seen out of 14 Registered Augurs, 2 are active.

This is why Activity Trials exist. This is why I do not wish for this lore to become something requiring a second player to play, as it will become something that is seen in an abundance at its release, then never again. This is also why I'm willing to alter things to allow it to remain a part of the cleric because, as many have said, another player cannot feasibly play your characters true nature, only you can. And having to tell another player exactly how they should respond and act is not enjoyable for the other player.

- Once again, as it's said in line 3 this is not meant to be a new sub-type, but an addition to Holy Alteration.

Alteration - To change, to modify, to adapt to what is needed.

Dark beings are constantly becoming more powerful, rply and oocly. The old ways are strong, but the balance of power is shifting. Rather than sitting around and waiting to be stomped on, Clerics are taking the initiative and finding new ways to utilize their Light to counter the threats, taking a proactive approach to stamp out the darkness.

6 hours ago, Delmodan said:

Well to start off, I think you did an absolutely amazing job with the lore. Everything has been for the most part well defined and able to be understood. I do have a question though in regards to the refilling of the familiar itself.

As it grows within the tiers and needs to be refilled, would it require more light to be place within it in the higher tiers given its size being grown?

I also would like to state some concerns that some here have said and perhaps make suggestions on. I would have to agree on a player being needed to play as this creature given mostly by the more later tiers. How well defined and indepth they are along with the abilities they have required, it would be quite confusing and straining on the cleric to not only RP themselves, but their light creation as well. To be honest on keeping it like how a creature is with following you, you could just keep it max to tier 3 on it given around there it pretty much is fine. Or perhaps just decrease the size they grow to and keep them small yet still change and form like the later tiers along with adjusting how their strengths and abilities impact things.

Correct, I may have done a poor job at wording this and tried to show what I meant through the 'feeding' emote. The larger the elemental, the more Light is needed to fuel it. Meaning if you had a Tier/Stage 5 Elemental and it was extremely weak/close to death, it may take several 'feeding' sessions to have it back to full strength, even for a Tier 5 Holy Alteration Cleric. Vice versa, if you had a small elemental, say Tier/Stage 1, and you were a Tier 5 Holy Alteration Cleric, one 'feeding' would suffice to power it back up. 

The light elemental cannot become a higher level than the cleric. The elemental's rate of growth relies on the cleric's growth. The examples I gave under the images (The mention of 7 Days after creation, for example) are that of a Tier 5 Holy Alteration Cleric. If you are skilled and experienced and began to raise an elemental, those would be the timelines of it's growth or 'evolution'.

If you were a novice cleric, the elemental can never reach a higher tier than your Holy Alteration skill. Meaning even though you've had an elemental for a year, if your holy alteration is considered to be Tier 1, your elemental will remain Tier/Stage 1.

And as I said in earlier response, I'm fine with reducing their power and size. The image I used for a Tier 5 shows the Elemental barely reaching the waist of an individual. We're talking halfling size at they're highest and able to go smaller.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

2 hours ago, Gathius di Silvari said:

To begin with, I like it. I think it’s cool and the idea of having a little round ball full of personality following around is really neat. On that level, it makes me smile. It is also very well written, and defined like a proper piece of lore should. However, there are some serious problems with this lore.

ONE: A skilled and knowledgeable Cleric (T5) is required to create a powerful ward in a sphere like shape. Sure. Why not. Then a lower can fill it with energy. Well I’d love to know how low to start with. Sounds like the elemental grows regardless of the person infusing it with energy, since it grows faster than a connected cleric does, each subtype supposed to take several months to master and a T5 elemental appears after 2 months + 15 days to full power? That means a non T5 cleric can create a permanently connected cleric equivalent faster than it takes a single individual to even learn one subtype of magic.

TWO: Now, you might say “well gath they aren’t cleric equivalents, they are weaker.” This simply isn’t the case. It’s true restorative elementals seems to be able to only heal small wounds and stabilize patients. Though on a side note, auto stabilizing a patient isn’t as low powered as it seems by the way. That’s actually most of the work, once they are stabilize you have as much time as you need to fully heal them, all of a sudden high levelled clerics that are able to heal more than a couple at a time are obsolete. All wounds heal with time, the real danger of dying in in those crucial minutes or hours after injury. That’s your best case, a less powerful (kind of) healer than the cleric is. Wait though, there’s more, the elemental can do more. In quote,

Those that the elemental deems to be the cleric’s allies will have the healing light seep into them, re-energizing their stamina and mana slowly. Useful to allies that may be tiring from combat, mana expenditure, or succumbing to wounds. This “area of effect Prayer of Rejuvenation” does slowly drain the elemental’s Light,

Let me be clear. Clerics can heal a person’s exhaustion. However, Clerics cannot reenergize mana expenditure it is contrary to our lore. And we cannot do such healing in an area of effect at that. So their light elemental minion doing it is shocking.

In war, its better, more balanced. Blinding and shield abilities sure. Though it is not clear on their limits and power. It is left up in interpretation, which is a danger.

THREE: Let’s take a step back. A T2 elemental can exude light, have a divine aura, auras are a permanent effect. This light can both heal and cause dark beings discomfort. Dark beings feel shearing pain whereas all wounds a descendent has is negated until a further point where a cleric can heal them. Clerics can’t do this? Clerics can’t even come close to this. They don’t walk around with a divine aura. If a divine elemental can burn and heal even just two people at once at a range it surpasses its clerical counterpart. Now, a redline addresses this, it doesn’t hurt dark beings unless physical contact takes place. This isn’t as bad, but it is still a permanently connected cleric causing damage to whatever it can touch as a whim. No redline states that they don’t heal with this light, and that still surpasses its clerical counterpart.

A T3 can create TENDRILS? Now, these are weaker than what we are accustomed to, just one. However, tendrils are a super high level ability that Keepers and Itharel once utilized, maybe just keepers, much to the dismay of shades. Keepers and Itharel being the demigod uber powerful avatars of Tahariae and Xan respectfully and they don’t even exist anymore. And they are the shade’s bread and butter. Seems a bit odd to exist on this T3 light elemental. The same aura problem persists. T4. Holy ****, more tendrils. However, these are cleverly disguised as arms and mark my words are powerful. They light taint on fire and cause immense pain. The clerical counterpart make light projectiles, orbs of light, similar in power perhaps, but a lot more difficult to control and limited in number. Though orbs of light don’t cause flames to break out. As these are extensions of the elemental using them is assumingly like using our own arms and legs, tireless. Aura continues. This is just one month, mind me. And these abilities are a part of their nature; they don’t have to be taught these. Also, a note to make the T5 uber clerical ability is flames of reckoning, extremely tiring to use and devastating to dark beings. Holy flames burn their opponents on both T3 and T4 elementals. This is shockingly close to this coveted ability.

FOUR:  Don’t light elementals sound familiar? Yeu Rthulu, the kindhearted, compassion filled, content lesser aengul that just wants everyone to get along, has these. Descendents have to give up their body and arguably their free will to become this. And they certainly don’t fight.

FIVE: I don’t know much about nonholy magics but I’ll attempt to argue the point. Conjuration creates beasts like this. But those are temporary. Doesn’t it feel like once more we are entering into another magic’s forte and making it infinitely better? Atronachs exists, these are permanent I think, but mages seem to have to go through hell and back to get them, knowing 3 types of magic, elemental evocation, conjuration, and transfiguration. Golems exist, lord know those are a pain to create. There’s a reason you don’t see these things wandering around willy nilly. These light elementals seem far too easy to get and the nature of clerical magic is once you are a cleric you can kind of branch off into other subtypes without much regulation as long as you have a teacher. I can imagine these popping up everywhere. Every cleric suddenly becomes two, and their buddy is no push over. The roleplay is surely appealing and satisfying, but we can’t ignore the balance and mechanical implications of such a lore. You need one T5 pumping out elemental shells and then passing them to ‘lesser’ clerics training in blessing like candy.

SIX: These are powerful beings, like golems, like atronachs. Their position in combat would matter a lot as well as timely intelligent emotes. Why is the cleric playing them and not another player? I agree, that the nature of the lore would mean little if another player, played them. They are a part of the cleric, and only that cleric would know how to play them right. If you want a cleric to play them, they should be delegated to more of a pet role instead of a fragment of your soul taking on the guise of a dark being wrecking elemental being. For example, once you get past the second tier they become too complex for a single player. Pets use simple emotes that can be done in battle. My hawk dives down and pecks at the dudes eyes.

SEVEN: This is not a simple blessing. This is a sword that cleaves through dark beings more effectively. This is another being, being created by a cleric. It has its own personality and abilities making it on par with powerful clerics. It exists permanently with the only difference being they need to be ‘recharged’ that is something that has little implementation on how they play.

-First Point- As I explained in my responde to Delm, the timeline of its growth is based on a Tier 5 Holy Alteration Cleric. The light elemental will never be able to grow in strength higher than the clerics Holy Alteration level.

-Second Point- An elemental is able to place their body/tendril/hand onto a wound and use their own light/life force to calm and stabilize a single wound. Many times, people have more than one wound. The elemental becomes immobile, vulnerable to attack, and is draining its own light/life force to keep a single wound stable for X amount of time, X being relevant to the elemental's Stage and Light inside of it. Meaning, if an elemental had just been through a fight and was already low on light, the time it could stabilize is lower than if it had not been actively participating in a fight.

Not once do I state that the elemental can re-energize mana, in the way you are saying I did. The lore specifically states we can rejuvinated people that are tired from using magic:

9d40b5a36ceaefb4772c89c1bdae5ea1.png

And that is what is implied by my wording. People that are tired from combat. People that are tired from mana expenditure. And people that are tired from succumbing to wounds.

Yes, the way the lore is written, the elemental does have an area spell of this as it's one ability if you take the Rejuvenation Elemental which clerics do not have. But in the example emotes, you can see that using the ability drains the elemental so quickly that it actually kills the elemental you've worked for nearly 90 days to obtain, just to buy some time for a cleric(s).

The war elemental's ability is explained, with limits placed on it. The blinding effect lasts 3-5 seconds, the same as a Tier 1 War Cleric's Palm of Light. The arm guards are very durable, much like an actual shield but is able to be broken after X amount of swings. I could sit here and say 'after 15 Dagger Strikes, or 10 Broad Sword Swipes, or 5 Mace Hits, or 3 Fire Balls, etc' but that is a waste and defeats the purpose. Players in RP combat often communicate such things and I believe /some/ responsibility can be placed on the players to decide what is appropiate. Timers how to repair and rebuild the arm guards are given and it is explained that is an extremely draining process that the elemental cannot do on its own, requiring the cleric to assist them.

-Point Three- The lore actually states that it cannot heal wounds with this light.

66c25df3dbb36ca13b89f15cc7922eec.png

And the lore states that the 'divine aura' does not harm dark creatures, but makes them uneasy and harder to focus. Think of the old vampire movies nearing a cross. It makes them uneasy. 

The lore states that should the elemental exude its light (Which a Tier 1 Cleric is capable of doing with Holy Light) AND they make physical contact, they would feel pain. Once again, any action from an elemental in a combat situation drains its life/life force, especially exuding its light. For it's leaking out its life force in order to do some sort of damage.

Tier 3-You're comparing Flames of Reckoning, where you invoke the Wrath of Tahariae to form a jet of flames that destroy darkness quickly and gets stronger/easier to cast when it makes contact, to a Whip like appendage striking a tainted being and causing pain as if striking a hot stove which continues for a few moments after contact is broken like a burn normally does (It even states it's the same as the previous stage/tier).  You're REALLY stretching the comparison there.

Tier 4-Once again, comparing Flames of Reckoning to the holy fire/touching a hot stove affect described by the element, similar to that of a Tier 1 War Cleric's light touching a tainted creature.  The further away the opponent is, the weaker the attack. And, as stated in earlier responses, it isn't tireless. Any action made by an elemental in combat drains their light/life force. 

The Third Stage/Tier of the element is the most fluid and changeable stage, for it's body is constantly shifting, the way the Light is ever burning. It makes sense that in this stage, the element attempts to 'reach out and attack' rather than 'headbutting' things and endangering itself. Because in this stage, the elemental is trying to become more like things it encounters which is people that have arms and it witnesses people fighting with their arms. Therefore, it attempts to recreate what it sees, and a rough arm/hand is a tentacle/tendril that it uses to smack things with.

As seen in the emotes and the lore, the tentacle/tendril can only attack once before it demanifests and must reform again, requiring at least 2-3 emotes to prepare to attack again. Just because something was part of lore and removed long ago does not, and should not, prevent it from being reworked and used again in a different way, especially when it has been an extended period of time since its removal.

-Point Four- Augurs can fight when protecting those they deem to be innocent and themselves. They even had/have the strongest PvP buffs being labeled the Specter race.  And there are 2 active Augurs left on the server currently.

And those are Augurs, beings that want peace and harmony and give up their soul to do so, hoping to talk things out and bring good will to the realm. These are creations of Light gifted to clerics from Tahariae to purge evil and assist the cleric in their clerical duties to the denizens of the realm.

-Point Five- I'm not sure if you read the emotes of Creation - Shell or Creation - Being. Creation - Shell has over 6,600 characters. Creation - Being has over 3,500 characters. That's without the connection prayers, connection emotes, lighting candles, a player requesting a shell, etc.

That's approx. 11,000 characters, or nearly 25 Max Character emotes, without anything I said above. 

That kind of role play is in-depth and takes time. That doesn't take into account that the cleric creating the shell succumbs to exhaustion afterwards, clearly showing that constant creation is not possible.

With the above said, the limit of 1 Elemental per cleric, the emotional trauma that one gets when their elemental dies, I do not see how a player will be 'pumping' them out. And honestly, if they were used and popular, I'd be happy to see cleric's taking an active role and making clerical role play a daily thing for them.

And as stated in the lore, especially in the earlier Tiers/Stages, attacks from the elemental endanger it's shell being damaged/destroyed, which leads to a potentially fatal wound or instant destruction. Such examples of these are shone in Tier/Stage 2's combat emote and Destruction - Shatter's emote. Comparing their body to golems is extremely, EXTREMELY, far from the truth. 

-Point Six- It has been explained in responses and lore that the elemental is unable to venture far from the cleric, meaning the representation of it would be the cleric unless otherwise noted. This is no different than emoting your hawk 'flying in circles above you' or your ker'wolf 'leaning back on its haunches before springing forward to attempt to bite Bob!'. 

The elemental revolves around the cleric's position, in both a relaxed and combative state. If the 'fear' of not being able to tell where the elemental is in combat, a redline can be created to limit the elemental's mobility during combat so that it must be within 3-5 blocks of the Cleric at all times. 'The elemental's mission of protecting their cleric in times of combat prevents it from leaving the cleric's side' can be used as an excuse.

However, with the amount of companion animals and ways we describe out magic spells, or roots ripping through the ground, I believe we're fearfully underestimating the imaginative abilities of our players. Especially since Clerics tend to be some of the better role play describers due to having to explain, in detail, how our magic heals and hurts enemies. 

-Point Seven- As stated above, this is a blessing but not simple, at all. It's extremely time consuming, taking nearly 75 days to achieve what is proposed. 

They do not have their own personality, they are the cleric's personality.

Once again, you've made some grand assumptions and stretched/misinterpreted wording. They are not powerful clerics, they are assistants that use their own life force/light to assist the cleric in their duties.

I don't see how something that can potentially kill itself from exhaustion by acting does not affect the way it can role play

8 minutes ago, MrMineLoveDude said:

Very interesting to read, I really enjoy the aspect of having a companion, and caring for that companion and watching them grow. It's like a part of you that you can carry around and interact with. And with this, no one will have the same elemental because they'll all develop differently and go through different hardships and struggles.

+ 1

That's exactly the point! It's meant to be like a Tamagotchi (I'm dating myself with this analogy.) or a Digimon, a companion that grows with you and changes based on your life and experiences. Thanks for the positive feedback.

I had a question:
Will elementals be able to interact with other elementals? And if so, will there be any specific limitations? 

30 minutes ago, MrMineLoveDude said:

I had a question:
Will elementals be able to interact with other elementals? And if so, will there be any specific limitations? 

Aside from playfully bumping into each other, playing games, having some funny 'conversation' between each other as they hum and chime and shine, and other fun relaxing role play interactions, I don't think so. 

In combat, they'd just protect their cleric and assist them, unless otherwise directed. 

Hey! 

I'm just wondering if upon acceptance, will this magic be shared with the other groups of clerics?

I would hate for this to become a circle jerk magic exclusive only to Sutican clerics to utilize. 

If you plan to share it, what is the plan going forward?

And just a small question! If you knew of a potential rewrite incoming, why not contact the person doing the rewrite to get in on the future lore of it. And why not submit this to them to be included into the new rewrite so it'd be accessible for all clerics, old and future clerics, to use? 

I caught wind of Holy Alteration changing, so wouldn't it be best to clear it up with the former LT who was in charge of the lore for the clerics and has been actively rewriting the lore?

23 minutes ago, | ZipZapMan | said:

Hey! 

I'm just wondering if upon acceptance, will this magic be shared with the other groups of clerics?

I would hate for this to become a circle jerk magic exclusive only to Sutican clerics to utilize. 

If you plan to share it, what is the plan going forward?

And just a small question! If you knew of a potential rewrite incoming, why not contact the person doing the rewrite to get in on the future lore of it. And why not submit this to them to be included into the new rewrite so it'd be accessible for all clerics, old and future clerics, to use? 

I caught wind of Holy Alteration changing, so wouldn't it be best to clear it up with the former LT who was in charge of the lore for the clerics and has been actively rewriting the lore?

Deity magic shouldn't be 'exclusive' to any group. The deity is bestowing their gift upon their followers. 

I know in the past, with Divine Wardens as an example, it became a thing you had to be taught. And seeing how there's only two active users of it now after so many months, it clearly isn't being spread and/or isn't working.

I have no intention of 'hoarding' the magic if it's made where I'm meant to teach it. I'm willing to teach those that come and ask, and let RP take its course. I referenced a journal of sorts in the lore which could be possible to help spread the ideas. 

And for your other question, the original rewrite I was denied a voice in.

When Flam told me of a new rewrite being worked on, I had them look over this lore while giving my ideas for the rewrite.

As stated in an earlier response, after waiting half a year for a rewrite, I'd rather be proactive and see what can come of posting it now, gaining feedback, tweaking it, and making it better with more voices before trying to mash it into a rewrite.

6 hours ago, SquirtGun said:

Dark beings are constantly becoming more powerful, rply and oocly. The old ways are strong, but the balance of power is shifting. Rather than sitting around and waiting to be stomped on, Clerics are taking the initiative and finding new ways to utilize their Light to counter the threats, taking a proactive approach to stamp out the darkness.

I'm not sure about that. Can you provide any specific evidence or examples that could counter the fact that your magically is already implicitly designed to counter dark magics?