[✗] [Magic Lore Submission] The Children of Light (Clerical Magic Addition)

Bvie

This is really neat, some of the most interesting and fun lore I've read in a while, great job! +1

Though i do agree with the others that it should be played by another player, though if it was played by another player they'd need a little more freedom than they have now, having to wait until your cleric buddy is on then spending all your time in the exact same room as them could become a little boring. it would be hard for someone else to play your characters true nature, but if they try it would be much more fun, as you'd be able to interact with the other person and actually rp with them, instead of emoting for it yourself, and with another person playing it you could have those rp moments you mentioned in the lore, such as them bumping into windows or knocking over pots and what not.

Sorry for any typos or if things don't make sense, I'm on my phone

9 minutes ago, チャーリー・ザ・ガイ said:

I'm not sure about that. Can you provide any specific evidence or examples that could counter the fact that your magically is already implicitly designed to counter dark magics?

I don't understand what you're trying to ask.

If you're questioning whether Dark Magics have had a power climb and increased in numbers, you can look at the amount of lore submissions, creature apps, dark arts users, spook apps throughout the past year alone.  Then compare it to the amount of holy. Dark will always outweigh the Light in terms of quantity and variety because they're more open to doing drastic or different things, where Holy is limited to certain views and set rules. 

In an RP focus, we've had Elder Trees burned, corrupted drakes, dragons, wyverns,  undead druids, blood druids, a dark arts user terrorized High Elf City, a lich tried to corrupt Sutica twice, Pale Knights bashing down gates, shades controlling voidal displacers, controlled voidal displacers sending swords through childrens faces, hungry ghouls, shamanistic flesh monstrosities destroying Wood Elf bridges, zombified Orgon Cultists spewing taint and corruption, and more. And that's just what came off the top of my head in about one minute.  There's plenty of reasons to look forward and attempt to be more proactive to be one step ahead of the darkness.

Yes, our magic is meant to counter the darkness, which is why they're looking for ways to stay, at the very least, on par with ways to handle the constant growing threats of the realm, or get ahead of it and achieve their mission: purity.

Huh. Holy conjuration... how long does it take to whip  An elemental that's already imbued to a shell out? I'm really tired so apologies if I missed it.

1 minute ago, SquirtGun said:

In an RP focus, we've had Elder Trees burned, corrupted drakes, dragons, wyverns,  undead druids, blood druids, a dark arts user terrorized High Elf City, a lich tried to corrupt Sutica twice, Pale Knights bashing down gates, shades controlling voidal displacers, controlled voidal displacers sending swords through childrens faces, hungry ghouls, shamanistic flesh monstrosities destroying Wood Elf bridges, zombified Orgon Cultists spewing taint and corruption, and more. And that's just what came off the top of my head in about one minute.  There's plenty of reasons to look forward and attempt to be more proactive to be one step ahead of the darkness.

Good? This is RP, you're describing actual RP taking place on an RP server. Creating these Light Elementals does not contribute to RP in anyway that this conflict could. In essence, it's just Dark Arts repellent. As a Druid player that has been playing a Druid for years, I'd love if someone tried to burn an Elder Tree down while I'm around. That's conflict, excitement, it creates action and RP. If the alternative was a cleric standing nearby with a Light Elemental, I'd definitely prefer the prior.

1 minute ago, チャーリー・ザ・ガイ said:

Good? This is RP, you're describing actual RP taking place on an RP server. Creating these Light Elementals does not contribute to RP in anyway that this conflict could. In essence, it's just Dark Arts repellent. As a Druid player that has been playing a Druid for years, I'd love if someone tried to burn an Elder Tree down while I'm around. That's conflict, excitement, it creates action and RP. If the alternative was a cleric standing nearby with a Light Elemental, I'd definitely prefer the prior.

I never said the RP that took place was a bad thing.

You asked for examples of things that show dark groups becoming more powerful, icly and oocly. I gave examples of both.

I gave reasoning as to why a group that is dedicated to stopping such things would seek out new ways of doing such.

OOCly, I, too, would love to see the Elder trees burned as of recently. But my character is constantly looking for ways to further her deity's mission and this is one proposed way, to have a companion of holy light join them on their quest.

2 minutes ago, SquirtGun said:

OOCly, I, too, would love to see the Elder trees burned as of recently.

:thinking:

3 minutes ago, SquirtGun said:

You asked for examples of things that show dark groups becoming more powerful, icly and oocly. I gave examples of both.

I gave reasoning as to why a group that is dedicated to stopping such things would seek out new ways of doing such.

You can't try to start an arms race when one side inherently has a numbers, activity, and basic power level advantage over the other.

1 minute ago, Ciaran said:

You can't try to start an arms race when one side inherently has a numbers, activity, and basic power level advantage over the other.

And the side that has that is entirely based on opinion, time zone, day of the week, and who can rally the most in a skype chat more often than not.

Each side is going to declare the other side to be OP.

'You're light is too strong!' 'Raising a dead person within seconds is OP.'

'Paralyzing from a distance with dark tendrils is unfair!' 'Being able to heal every wound is OP!'

It doesn't change the fact that a group that is set on ridding the darkness from the world would stop trying to improve themselves because the scales weren't balanced. 

When Holy people often complain about the spooky community getting upgrades and more lore, MT and LT has always told us 'You want something new? Write lore for it.'

Well, I did.

I see but I still got some concerns.

Firstly, I would have truly appricated if you contacted me on this spell so that it could have been posted along with the other holy alteration spells within the rewrite. You said it yourself, this spell is not a new sub type but just a new spell for a pre-existing sub-type of clericalism (Holy Alteration). What you did created some issues for me with the rewrite itself - should I fully add the spell to the rewritd if it gets accepted or give it its own section which is odd given that it is just a spell and not a new sub-type? Furthermore, having it in the full lore will make finding your spell easier instead of sending people in a hunt to find it and not making it out of place. Finally it would ensure that this spell is distributed amongst all the clerics equally through a cleric event that ties with the rewrite and includes all sections of clerics.

I dont know what Caleb means by a second/new rewrite, unless he meant that I am working on a second draft of the first rewrite. Once again, you have long since been aware that I was writing a rewrite, so why did you reframe from contacting me on seeing if

this magic fits with Holy Alteration in the rewrite - a sub type that focuses on reduction and limitation of taint and corruption? Are you afraid that I will just turn the idea down in development or refuse to add it? I will not do that. I would work alongside you to develope this spell and have it fit with the rewrite, the main lore of the magic.

Also. You said you had no voice in the rewrite?

Do not make me laugh. When Jlyoko sent you the rewrite, that was because I asked him to give you it to give opinions. I wanted you to have a voice. I wanted you and the ALL clerics to have a voice and part in this. Yet did you comment on the lore? No. Did you PM me with feedback or any changes or ideas made? No. The only time you did messge me was that reply that practically called all the clerics who were friends of mine 'deillusional fanclubs' and full on calling me a range of things. Since that message, I reframed from contacting you since I do not want to face another bloody message like that. I doubt anyone would want to contact the person who replied to a simple message asking for some simple answers but was met with the immature and disgusting reply of an indivdual who does not know the meaning of I am sorry. Because trust me, I god damn wont put myself through such but here I am, enduring this so I can get some points of mine across.

You never had a voice because you refused it when it was given to you,  Squirtgun. But if you want a voice, you still have a chance for one if you actually decide to cooperate instead of pushing me and the other clerics away because of the past.

Ahem. As for what is taking the rewrite so long? A magic lore rewrite takes time and effort. You have to read through and spot the weak points and errors in the lore, and change those errors. Adding new content will take a while as you will need to ensure the spells are well developed and fit with the context of the lore. Plus I have been lacking a laptop for nearly three months so I cannot really do much in my given position except post lore I written out beforehand and comment on posts. I have been doing handwritten planning though so there is still development going on. Unless i want to type my fingers to death.

I apologise for everyone who had to read this but I had to say what needed to be said by calling out on a few things. Have a good evening.

1 minute ago, SquirtGun said:

well, you got me there.

1 hour ago, Farryn said:

I see but I still got some concerns.

Firstly, I would have truly appricated if you contacted me on this spell so that it could have been posted along with the other holy alteration spells within the rewrite. You said it yourself, this spell is not a new sub type but just a new spell for a pre-existing sub-type of clericalism (Holy Alteration). What you did created some issues for me with the rewrite itself - should I fully add the spell to the rewritd if it gets accepted or give it its own section which is odd given that it is just a spell and not a new sub-type? Furthermore, having it in the full lore will make finding your spell easier instead of sending people in a hunt to find it and not making it out of place. Finally it would ensure that this spell is distributed amongst all the clerics equally through a cleric event that ties with the rewrite and includes all sections of clerics.

I dont know what Caleb means by a second/new rewrite, unless he meant that I am working on a second draft of the first rewrite. Once again, you have long since been aware that I was writing a rewrite, so why did you reframe from contacting me on seeing if

this magic fits with Holy Alteration in the rewrite - a sub type that focuses on reduction and limitation of taint and corruption? Are you afraid that I will just turn the idea down in development or refuse to add it? I will not do that. I would work alongside you to develope this spell and have it fit with the rewrite, the main lore of the magic.

Also. You said you had no voice in the rewrite?

Do not make me laugh. When Jlyoko sent you the rewrite, that was because I asked him to give you it to give opinions. I wanted you to have a voice. I wanted you and the ALL clerics to have a voice and part in this. Yet did you comment on the lore? No. Did you PM me with feedback or any changes or ideas made? No. The only time you did messge me was that reply that practically called all the clerics who were friends of mine 'deillusional fanclubs' and full on calling me a range of things. Since that message, I reframed from contacting you since I do not want to face another bloody message like that. I doubt anyone would want to contact the person who replied to a simple message asking for some simple answers but was met with the immature and disgusting reply of an indivdual who does not know the meaning of I am sorry. Because trust me, I god damn wont put myself through such but here I am, enduring this so I can get some points of mine across.

You never had a voice because you refused it when it was given to you,  Squirtgun. But if you want a voice, you still have a chance for one if you actually decide to cooperate instead of pushing me and the other clerics away because of the past.

Ahem. As for what is taking the rewrite so long? A magic lore rewrite takes time and effort. You have to read through and spot the weak points and errors in the lore, and change those errors. Adding new content will take a while as you will need to ensure the spells are well developed and fit with the context of the lore. Plus I have been lacking a laptop for nearly three months so I cannot really do much in my given position except post lore I written out beforehand and comment on posts. I have been doing handwritten planning though so there is still development going on. Unless i want to type my fingers to death.

I apologise for everyone who had to read this but I had to say what needed to be said by calling out on a few things. Have a good evening.

I'm not going to contact someone about an idea I had until it is fleshed out and thoroughly thought thru and planned.

There's no point in doing such.

I've been civil and simply said that I did not have a voice in the rewrite, which is true. 

Not once have I referenced our issues on a lore submission post.

There's no need for you to do so nor is this the place to do so.

The reason why communication ended between us is because I went to two admins and a GM Manager and showed them what was going on and asked them to stop you from contacting me OOCly.

However, @Farryn, if you are genuine in what you say, make a Skype chat with Thomas and we can speak, as he is informed of the controversy between us.

If you don't know what Flam means I suggest you speak to them.

11865f0c4a3cd21ae35b8b19d9cdfd36.png

Jlyoko never sent me the Cleric rewrite, Douggy__ sent me it, along with many other things. 

Such reasons and issues does not change the fact that a rewrite was talked about for 6 months and has not been published.

Meaning there is nothing wrong with creating new lore and attempting to see how it fairs.

If everyone had to speak to a specific person about an idea or lore they had before they even tried their hand at writing it, we'd have an extremely limited pool of creativity constantly gated by the same individuals. This is my personal attempt at writing something unique for something my character is involved in, which I have submitted for the feedback, comments, and criticism of all, not just one individual who - as you said yourself- has been without a computer for the past 3 months.

That's just gating creativity and growth of a community even further, something that shouldn't be done. Creativity, ideas, and new thought should be encouraged and allowed to grow and take shape with their original thinker, then presented before a group to discuss it, which I've done. Not a single person.

2 hours ago, SquirtGun said:

OOCly, I, too, would love to see the Elder trees burned as of recently. But my character is constantly looking for ways to further her deity's mission and this is one proposed way, to have a companion of holy light join them on their quest.

2 hours ago, Malocchio said:

:thinking:

Primary Region Owners aren't fun to communicate with sorry. Playing a spook is more of a chore than fun honestly.

Tahariae would not condone the appropriation of light to mold false life in this manner, even if they are some kind of instrument of defense against the Dark Arts.

False life demeans the notion of purity. I can't stand by this lore, I disagree with it in its entirety. I thoroughly believe other routes can be followed to achieve your aspiration of furthering your IRP goal of your deity. 

Definitely a big fan of this addition. When people complain about all the improvements and increases in certain magics, those who benefit from them generally just say that any other group could similarly expand their reach if they just write lore for it. Time for the LT/MT to put their money where their mouth is on that one.

Also, I don't really see why Tahariae wouldn't be cool with this. Tah doesn't compel his followers to destroy golems or familiars because his definition of purity is narrow and specific such that it only really deals taint and corruption causing impurity. This really doesn't fit those criteria at all.