[✗] [Magic Lore Submission] The Children of Light (Clerical Magic Addition)

Bvie

3 hours ago, Tsuyose said:

False life demeans the notion of purity. I can't stand by this lore

Tsu is more knowledgeable in deities than anyone I now; I stand by his word.

6 hours ago, Heero said:

Tahariae would not condone the appropriation of light to mold false life in this manner, even if they are some kind of instrument of defense against the Dark Arts.

3 hours ago, Tsuyose said:

False life demeans the notion of purity. I can't stand by this lore, I disagree with it in its entirety. I thoroughly believe other routes can be followed to achieve your aspiration of furthering your IRP goal of your deity. 

3 hours ago, ski_king3 said:

Definitely a big fan of this addition. When people complain about all the improvements and increases in certain magics, those who benefit from them generally just say that any other group could similarly expand their reach if they just write lore for it. Time for the LT/MT to put their money where their mouth is on that one.

Also, I don't really see why Tahariae wouldn't be cool with this. Tah doesn't compel his followers to destroy golems or familiars because his definition of purity is narrow and specific such that it only really deals taint and corruption causing impurity. This really doesn't fit those criteria at all.

As Ski put it, the notion of purity is narrow. Tah aims for a realm of purity, why wouldn't he allow pure beings, the true reflections of his servants souls in a pure and true state, to assist their mortal counterpart in his aims of total purity?

We have a shifting scale of Light, Gray, and Dark. Destroy the Dark, Protect the Gray, Lead them to the Light.

These beings would be considered Light, being literally born from the Light. This is what Tah wishes to achieve in the very end, a land of purity.

Tah is known to be the 'Hitler' Aengul, where remorse and sympathy don't exist in his realm. It would make sense that he went to extreme and questionable ways to further his mission and goal of purity, it wouldn't be the first time in history he did with the Itharel's. 

However, in this instance he has seen the affect and misuse the Itharel's, powerful beings that mortals became but still mortal by their creation and thus flawed, had on the world. He's seen the affect that ward have on the land, causing the terrain and plant life to act strangely and in an impure way because of the presence of his magic.

He's realized that a small portion of his power can perform miracles, it doesn't need to be a grand thing. As well as if such a being were to exist, it would need to be pure from the very beginning nor forced into the land or person to prevent it from altering it.

This notion of purity is always cumbersome, which is why players look to it being about taint and corruption. For if we /really/ were trying to argue about making everything pure and the definition of false life, why aren't clerics currently slaughtering druids that have become tree creatures with their souls attached to plants? Why aren't clerics currently slaughtering Ascended who have to die to achieve their power and ascend, making them, truthfully, undead but on the good side?  Why aren't Clerics chasing after Keepers that exist beyong the normal means of life and death?

This mindset could be taken even further, and I do have deep theological discussions and debates with my students, that Clerics themselves aren't pure beings. We're not meant to hold the power of an Aengul within us by creation standards, its why our body aches, its why we pass out when it overwhelms us. We're tampering with powers that don't exist. We as clerics, by simply existing, are impure beings that walk the world. Yes, we do good. Yes, we work for the Aengul of Purity. But for his dream of that pristine purity in the realm, even the presence of Clerics could be argued as being a blemish on his perfect idea.

The idea that 'Oh, but their good guys' doesn't work in the mindset that Purity is above all. If you're not 100% pure, you're either corrected or terminated.

1 hour ago, SquirtGun said:

As Ski put it, the notion of purity is narrow. Tah aims for a realm of purity, why wouldn't he allow pure beings, the true reflections of his servants souls in a pure and true state, to assist their mortal counterpart in his aims of total purity?

We have a shifting scale of Light, Gray, and Dark. Destroy the Dark, Protect the Gray, Lead them to the Light.

These beings would be considered Light, being literally born from the Light. This is what Tah wishes to achieve in the very end, a land of purity.

Tah is known to be the 'Hitler' Aengul, where remorse and sympathy don't exist in his realm. It would make sense that he went to extreme and questionable ways to further his mission and goal of purity, it wouldn't be the first time in history he did with the Itharel's. 

However, in this instance he has seen the affect and misuse the Itharel's, powerful beings that mortals became but still mortal by their creation and thus flawed, had on the world. He's seen the affect that ward have on the land, causing the terrain and plant life to act strangely and in an impure way because of the presence of his magic.

He's realized that a small portion of his power can perform miracles, it doesn't need to be a grand thing. As well as if such a being were to exist, it would need to be pure from the very beginning nor forced into the land or person to prevent it from altering it.

This notion of purity is always cumbersome, which is why players look to it being about taint and corruption. For if we /really/ were trying to argue about making everything pure and the definition of false life, why aren't clerics currently slaughtering druids that have become tree creatures with their souls attached to plants? Why aren't clerics currently slaughtering Ascended who have to die to achieve their power and ascend, making them, truthfully, undead but on the good side?  Why aren't Clerics chasing after Keepers that exist beyong the normal means of life and death?

This mindset could be taken even further, and I do have deep theological discussions and debates with my students, that Clerics themselves aren't pure beings. We're not meant to hold the power of an Aengul within us by creation standards, its why our body aches, its why we pass out when it overwhelms us. We're tampering with powers that don't exist. We as clerics, by simply existing, are impure beings that walk the world. Yes, we do good. Yes, we work for the Aengul of Purity. But for his dream of that pristine purity in the realm, even the presence of Clerics could be argued as being a blemish on his perfect idea.

The idea that 'Oh, but their good guys' doesn't work in the mindset that Purity is above all. If you're not 100% pure, you're either corrected or terminated.

It's not just a matter of physical purity, it's matter of whether or not he's going to stoop as low as the typical mortal mage and allow for aberrations to be created, aberrations that're by nature a blemish on the mortal world since they're mindless servants. The only reason clerics don't slaughter Tree Lords as you put it is because Tree Lords aren't dark creatures and there's not many of them. Clerics are for the most part seen as drawing on parts of Tah's power when necessary to correct impurities brought on by magic or chaos, which makes it justifiable, I don't see how the aengul would justify creating golem mimicries that last long term. OOCly it's no theological discussion, the aengul hates the notion or creating or "replicating" life, so he would never let a cleric do it under any circumstances. 

27 minutes ago, Heero said:

It's not just a matter of physical purity, it's matter of whether or not he's going to stoop as low as the typical mortal mage and allow for aberrations to be created, aberrations that're by nature a blemish on the mortal world since they're mindless servants. The only reason clerics don't slaughter Tree Lords as you put it is because Tree Lords aren't dark creatures and there's not many of them. Clerics are for the most part seen as drawing on parts of Tah's power when necessary to correct impurities brought on by magic or chaos, which makes it justifiable, I don't see how the aengul would justify creating golem mimicries that last long term. OOCly it's no theological discussion, the aengul hates the notion or creating or "replicating" life, so he would never let a cleric do it under any circumstances. 

The theological discussion is about what 'purity' entails. Each sect of clerics has a differing opinion about it, from the more zealous ones that demand total purity to the ones where purity is labeled as just lacking taint. 

Just because there aren't many of something doesn't mean it shouldn't affect them, especially when there are more Tree Lords than there are other creatures out there, I can think of 7-8 off the top of my head at this moment. That's more than some dark creatures.

And to say they aren't 'dark' is up to interpretation. Altering your soul to break the purity of the circle of life and become an immortal being? Doing dark deeds such as stabbing individuals, leaving people to be killed that ask for assistance, or burying children alive?  (All things that have happened in the last month alone.)

Their deity may not declare them as dark for their actions because the Aspects don't care, but Tah demands we protect the innocents and purge the impure. 

If if it doesn't die when you kill it. 

If if it does bad things and kills children. 

Maybe it's evil?

18 hours ago, SquirtGun said:

-First Point- As I explained in my responde to Delm, the timeline of its growth is based on a Tier 5 Holy Alteration Cleric. The light elemental will never be able to grow in strength higher than the clerics Holy Alteration level.

-Second Point- An elemental is able to place their body/tendril/hand onto a wound and use their own light/life force to calm and stabilize a single wound. Many times, people have more than one wound. The elemental becomes immobile, vulnerable to attack, and is draining its own light/life force to keep a single wound stable for X amount of time, X being relevant to the elemental's Stage and Light inside of it. Meaning, if an elemental had just been through a fight and was already low on light, the time it could stabilize is lower than if it had not been actively participating in a fight.

Not once do I state that the elemental can re-energize mana, in the way you are saying I did. The lore specifically states we can rejuvinated people that are tired from using magic:

9d40b5a36ceaefb4772c89c1bdae5ea1.png

And that is what is implied by my wording. People that are tired from combat. People that are tired from mana expenditure. And people that are tired from succumbing to wounds.

Yes, the way the lore is written, the elemental does have an area spell of this as it's one ability if you take the Rejuvenation Elemental which clerics do not have. But in the example emotes, you can see that using the ability drains the elemental so quickly that it actually kills the elemental you've worked for nearly 90 days to obtain, just to buy some time for a cleric(s).

The war elemental's ability is explained, with limits placed on it. The blinding effect lasts 3-5 seconds, the same as a Tier 1 War Cleric's Palm of Light. The arm guards are very durable, much like an actual shield but is able to be broken after X amount of swings. I could sit here and say 'after 15 Dagger Strikes, or 10 Broad Sword Swipes, or 5 Mace Hits, or 3 Fire Balls, etc' but that is a waste and defeats the purpose. Players in RP combat often communicate such things and I believe /some/ responsibility can be placed on the players to decide what is appropiate. Timers how to repair and rebuild the arm guards are given and it is explained that is an extremely draining process that the elemental cannot do on its own, requiring the cleric to assist them.

-Point Three- The lore actually states that it cannot heal wounds with this light.

66c25df3dbb36ca13b89f15cc7922eec.png

And the lore states that the 'divine aura' does not harm dark creatures, but makes them uneasy and harder to focus. Think of the old vampire movies nearing a cross. It makes them uneasy. 

The lore states that should the elemental exude its light (Which a Tier 1 Cleric is capable of doing with Holy Light) AND they make physical contact, they would feel pain. Once again, any action from an elemental in a combat situation drains its life/life force, especially exuding its light. For it's leaking out its life force in order to do some sort of damage.

Tier 3-You're comparing Flames of Reckoning, where you invoke the Wrath of Tahariae to form a jet of flames that destroy darkness quickly and gets stronger/easier to cast when it makes contact, to a Whip like appendage striking a tainted being and causing pain as if striking a hot stove which continues for a few moments after contact is broken like a burn normally does (It even states it's the same as the previous stage/tier).  You're REALLY stretching the comparison there.

Tier 4-Once again, comparing Flames of Reckoning to the holy fire/touching a hot stove affect described by the element, similar to that of a Tier 1 War Cleric's light touching a tainted creature.  The further away the opponent is, the weaker the attack. And, as stated in earlier responses, it isn't tireless. Any action made by an elemental in combat drains their light/life force. 

The Third Stage/Tier of the element is the most fluid and changeable stage, for it's body is constantly shifting, the way the Light is ever burning. It makes sense that in this stage, the element attempts to 'reach out and attack' rather than 'headbutting' things and endangering itself. Because in this stage, the elemental is trying to become more like things it encounters which is people that have arms and it witnesses people fighting with their arms. Therefore, it attempts to recreate what it sees, and a rough arm/hand is a tentacle/tendril that it uses to smack things with.

As seen in the emotes and the lore, the tentacle/tendril can only attack once before it demanifests and must reform again, requiring at least 2-3 emotes to prepare to attack again. Just because something was part of lore and removed long ago does not, and should not, prevent it from being reworked and used again in a different way, especially when it has been an extended period of time since its removal.

-Point Four- Augurs can fight when protecting those they deem to be innocent and themselves. They even had/have the strongest PvP buffs being labeled the Specter race.  And there are 2 active Augurs left on the server currently.

And those are Augurs, beings that want peace and harmony and give up their soul to do so, hoping to talk things out and bring good will to the realm. These are creations of Light gifted to clerics from Tahariae to purge evil and assist the cleric in their clerical duties to the denizens of the realm.

-Point Five- I'm not sure if you read the emotes of Creation - Shell or Creation - Being. Creation - Shell has over 6,600 characters. Creation - Being has over 3,500 characters. That's without the connection prayers, connection emotes, lighting candles, a player requesting a shell, etc.

That's approx. 11,000 characters, or nearly 25 Max Character emotes, without anything I said above. 

That kind of role play is in-depth and takes time. That doesn't take into account that the cleric creating the shell succumbs to exhaustion afterwards, clearly showing that constant creation is not possible.

With the above said, the limit of 1 Elemental per cleric, the emotional trauma that one gets when their elemental dies, I do not see how a player will be 'pumping' them out. And honestly, if they were used and popular, I'd be happy to see cleric's taking an active role and making clerical role play a daily thing for them.

And as stated in the lore, especially in the earlier Tiers/Stages, attacks from the elemental endanger it's shell being damaged/destroyed, which leads to a potentially fatal wound or instant destruction. Such examples of these are shone in Tier/Stage 2's combat emote and Destruction - Shatter's emote. Comparing their body to golems is extremely, EXTREMELY, far from the truth. 

-Point Six- It has been explained in responses and lore that the elemental is unable to venture far from the cleric, meaning the representation of it would be the cleric unless otherwise noted. This is no different than emoting your hawk 'flying in circles above you' or your ker'wolf 'leaning back on its haunches before springing forward to attempt to bite Bob!'. 

The elemental revolves around the cleric's position, in both a relaxed and combative state. If the 'fear' of not being able to tell where the elemental is in combat, a redline can be created to limit the elemental's mobility during combat so that it must be within 3-5 blocks of the Cleric at all times. 'The elemental's mission of protecting their cleric in times of combat prevents it from leaving the cleric's side' can be used as an excuse.

However, with the amount of companion animals and ways we describe out magic spells, or roots ripping through the ground, I believe we're fearfully underestimating the imaginative abilities of our players. Especially since Clerics tend to be some of the better role play describers due to having to explain, in detail, how our magic heals and hurts enemies. 

-Point Seven- As stated above, this is a blessing but not simple, at all. It's extremely time consuming, taking nearly 75 days to achieve what is proposed. 

They do not have their own personality, they are the cleric's personality.

Once again, you've made some grand assumptions and stretched/misinterpreted wording. They are not powerful clerics, they are assistants that use their own life force/light to assist the cleric in their duties.

I don't see how something that can potentially kill itself from exhaustion by acting does not affect the way it can role play

One:  Fair. Though the elemental still scales faster than any cleric should and is capable of powerful things if not directly equivalent things.

Two: Once a wound is ‘stable.' By definition it is unlikely to change, fail or decline. Your use of the word stable will be interpreted as such by the majority. You need to use wordage that suggests a more temporary solution. That once the elemental has used its energy the person will begin once more creeping towards death.

You say you didn’t use wordage suggesting you were rejuvenating exhaustion from mana use. You used wordage suggesting you were rejuvenating mana. In quote, “re-energizing their stamina and mana slowly.” Again, people will pervert your lore if proper concessions are not made. Perhaps a red line?

Here you admit to the elemental having ability above that of the cleric that made it. Time is an ineffective limiter of power. It is infinitely interpretable. Battles in LOTC often take a very small amount of actual rp time. You can emote an hour and finish a fight and that technically only having taken place for 10 seconds. It is very easy for a cleric without clearly defined guidelines to make up what they please. Especially since, they spent 90 days making this thing. It’s not unreasonable, unless it’s a gross amount of time, for someone to say ‘Eh, close enough.’

Three: Perhaps the comparison is unwarranted. It is not the power level of the coveted uber cleric flames of reckoning. Attribute it to the orbs of light, which are very capable of cutting through tainted beings. It’s the cleric’s bread and butter. And these are whips of light, infinitely better. You can aim them better, it’s harder to dodge them. Also if you’ve ever been burned it doesn’t, in quote, “continue for a few moments after contact is broken.” It ******* hurts for a long time and if it’s “Holy flames” that dark being is having an extremely bad day. There are dark beings that ‘flames’ are an even greater weakness than holy magic. Flames aren’t something to say, ‘I’m adding effect’ they have extreme benefit in combat. They burn for a few seconds, causing more damage. There’s also nothing more detrimental to concentration than having a bunch of fire on you. Also you keep saying, slowly drains its life force. There’s not numbers here. I can guarantee you that the most acceptable answer to those guidelines is. “It’s good until the end of the fight unless the fight is grossly long.” Which again makes time weaknesses a moot point that don’t come up often. T3 elementals have to reform their whips over a few emotes. Ya this works as an effective counter. However, T4’s don’t. Their arms function just like whips. Don’t say otherwise. As described these are two permanently attached whips.

Four: Fair.

Five: I was not saying/meaning they would pump them out one after another in a single setting. I’m saying in a matter of a month or so every Sutican Cleric could be hanging out with a ball of joy. Effectively doubling or near doubling their attacking power.

Six: Fair.

Seven: But squirt. They AREN’T clerics. They ARE powerful. They ARE permanently connected to Tahariae. They ARE in permanent existence. And they ARE in no danger of dying except in nonstandard battles or if they are personally targeted. And it is an animalistic interpretation of the cleric’s personality, therefore its own personality.

Eight: A new point was brought us by Tsu and ski_king3. Is this even something that Tahariae would allow/accept? The closest to an uncleric servant there has been is the Itharel. Itharel were what could by some be considered near mindless in their devotion. Near emotionless in their actions. These elementals in comparison have stunning personalities. They are playful and curious in bounds. They have no devotion to Tahariae but instead to their creator. If he thought the Itharel were flawed creations, these beings of light playfully nipping at their creator’s heels certainly are.

Also, you make an interesting point. Yet as we’ve debated in the past about what you so adamantly believe, you still believe Tahariae to be the aengul of purity solely, not of purity AND justice. This is not an interpretation. Tahariae is factually the aengul of purity and justice, that is the lore. Impure unjust beings are targeted, not just impure beings. There is also the question. When we heal why do we return it to its previous uncut shape and not create the perfect human being slowly by slowly. Because the idea of purity is possibly limited to what naturally should exist there. If nature creates something with flaws, it is permitted, as long as it being there does not undo, can’t undo, or seek to undo other natural things.

Though in humor. As for why we aren’t hunting nontainted impure beings. My answer is. All in due time my child. . . All in due time.

Interesting lore, but here's a few points that conflict with established magic; AoE healing is still, by and large, the domain of Xan. Since the fall of Setherien and near death of our patron, it has been prohibitively difficult for us to expand our mist into an aura. Yet here is a construct who just glows a little and can do what was once our signature ability with ease.

Second point, light constructs were, and still are, a creation of Xan reserved for time of existential warfare. Our holy alteration is required to create them.

Third point, light tendrils are atill very much the domain of our Keepers, and have been RPed sparingly. Your construct would take the ability held in such reverence icly that misuse is cause for Xan's judgement, and use it willy-nilly. I don't see how this is okay.

Lastly, you asked why Tah doesn't want the Keepers killed? Idk, might have something to do with Xan showing up to class hungover af and Tah letting him use the itharel blueprints for the "endgame" creature assignment.

Is this a World of Warcraft idea submission?

Shadowfiend
40 yd range
Instant 3 min cooldown
Requires Priest (Discipline, Shadow)
Requires level 40
Summons a shadowy fiend to attack the target for 12 sec.

This is an interesting piece of lore, I think it could work out very well. Would say the elementals should be played by another person, though. (Someone else has likely mentioned this already).

3 hours ago, Gathius di Silvari said:

Tahariae to be the aengul of purity solely, not of purity AND justice.

As far as I understand it the notion of justice is a Xan thing, not Tah. Clerics have to kill all that's impure, to the extend where one could say even treelords are impure and must be killed. Something I wouldn't call justice. If Tah would be purity AND justice it's very contradicting. Can you provide me with proof of this being actual lore? This is new to me.

Xan is the Aengul of Guardianship and Order. Tah is the Aengul of Purity and Justice. 

14 minutes ago, Hedgehug said:

As far as I understand it the notion of justice is a Xan thing, not Tah. Clerics have to kill all that's impure, to the extend where one could say even treelords are impure and must be killed. Something I wouldn't call justice. If Tah would be purity AND justice it's very contradicting. Can you provide me with proof of this being actual lore? This is new to me.

This.

Whether it's an old lore idea or a player made belief, it doesn't exist in the current lore.

This is the implemented lore of Tahariae. There's no mention of justice within it. 

The Clerical lore that our magic is based off of, that came after the lore post of Tahariae, labels Tahariae as the Aengul of Purity:

a898d56df1abbe96a2fd025f86cc082c.png

If you are to Ctrl+F the words Purity& Pure, it's mentioned over 30 times within the document alone, declaring him as such and our mission to be of such.

If you are to Ctrl+F the word Justice, it's mentioned 4 times. One instance is in an example emote and prayer. One instance is in the history explaining how a group was made to bring order and justice. The final two times justice is said, are in Hesh's interpretation of what Tah wishes for us to do, one time saying he's a symbol of justice and the other time telling us to guide people with justice and wisdom.

I'm going off the current accepted and implemented lore, obviously, here.

Rply, my character's teacher never spoke about Tah as being a symbol of Justice and she doesn't see him as one either.

Truthfully, if we're to look at what Justice really is: 

bd6dbd80ed7215274470216513f4c36d.png

That isn't what Tahariae is about, and this is shown in his lore:

A giant of a building would dominate his, built from the finest of white quartz fashioned into bricks and moulded to form the image of a courthouse. With colossal pillars that consumed the outside of the building it almost would appear threatening to the ordinary eye, a place of judgement and with it, punishment.

However should you enter his courthouse the layout would not be that of a mortals thinking. There would be no jury, audience or even a place for a defendant to place his case. Only a single seat; that of the judge.

While a courthouse normally does symbolize justice, Tahariae's courthouse is nothing like a normal courthouse. It lacks the audiance, it lacks the jury, and it lacks the place for the defendant to plead their case. All that is there, is Tahariae, the judge, waiting to deliver a verdict for your fate.

That isn't justice, that's false justice. That's judgement.

That's an individual making a single decision about you, without hearing the reasons or the explanation. There is no mercy, no remorse, no time to repent. Just swift judgement.

And this ideology has only been furthered by the Tenents, Woes,  and Commands, forcing us to kill dark creatures without second thoughts, without the ability to find other alternatives, and without discretion.

Perhaps long ago he acted with more  Justice than currently seen, but with current lore and practice, this isn't Justice. And it wouldn't be the first time in history that an Aengul's ideals or wishes have shifted over time, our own clerical lore is based off of it with the Aengudaemonic and Dwarven patrons of the order relinquishing their power over the clerics and gave them to Tah. 

If he's meant to be Justice, then it needs to be added back to the lore and our lore needs to be curtailed to be more about bringing justice to the realm than just damning everything to holy fire hell for being the slightest bit impure.

8 hours ago, SquirtGun said:

Because Tahariae and Xan are brothers in arms, Tahariae gave Xan the blueprints to develop his own form of 'Itharel', the Keepers. The Keepers are now gone. Regardless, whether Clerics did or didn't hunt them is solely up to them.  Still, I find myself disagreeing with this lore. Again, how a Cleric handles the notion of Purity is solely up to themselves.

To confirm, Tahariae is indeed the Aengul of Purity and Justice.

12 hours ago, Gusano Arentonio said:

the elementals should be played by another person

I agree. It seems a bit too easy to PG as a one man army with the elemental at your side. It'd be better to have a separate player dedicating to knowing the exact red-lines.

Regardless, +1

Alright, made some updates and changes based on feedback and comments. Check the change log below or read the OP over for all the new additions and changes.

Change Log 3/12

General:

-Added Funny Video

-Replaced 'Tier' with Stage to avoid confusion

- Added Redlines for every stage and creation

-Defined that stage progression is based on the Cleric's skill level. An elemental will never surpass a cleric in skill

-Defined the effect of the elemental's natural light: Does not hurt tainted beings

-Defined the effect of the elemental's exuded light to hurt tainted beings if physical contact is made

-Added explanation that anything the element does drains its light/life force

Removed the use of words like 'burning' to avoid confusion and relation to Flames of Reck

Shell Creation and Shell Manipulation:

-Provided example emotes of Shell Manipulation (Feeding and Repairing)

-Added Shell Creation cooldown: 72 Hours to prevent mass production

-Added Shell Shelf Life: 6 Hours to prevent storing shells indefinitely

-Added the ability for an elemental owner to manipulate their shell earlier with proper tutelage 

-Added explanation of elemental's 'hunger' growing

-Added explanation of amount of exhaustion needed from cleric to feed elemental

-Added explanation of frequency of feedings

Stage 1:

Removed constant divine aura

Added explanation on survivability: 1 Strong hit to crack

Removed use of light to harm 

Added explanation on its ability to harm itself

Added time limit on how long it can exude its light (10 seconds) before death

Stage 2:

Added explanation on survivability: 2 Strong hits to Crack

Added explanation on natural light

Added explanation on exuding light and physical contact bringing harm

Added explanation on its ability to harm itself

Removed ability to stop poison and blood loss entirely

Added time limit on how long it can exude its light (30 seconds) before death

Stage 3:

Removed tendrils

Removed ranged attack

Added explanation on natural light

Added explanation on suvivability: 2 Strong hits to crack

Added Spiked Form and Explanation 

Added explanation on soothing wound

Removed healing ability

Added time limit on how long it can exude its light (1 minute) before death

Stage 4:

Shrunk elemental's overall size

Removed long arms

Added explanation on survivability :3 Strong hits to body to crack, more to arms

Added explanation on stabilizing wound

Removed healing ability

Added time limit on how long it can exude its light ( 1 min 30 seconds) before death

Stage 5:

Added explanation on elemental's size and power

Added explanation on elemental's limits

Added explanation on exuding its light and physical contact bringing harm

Added time limit on how long it can exude its light (2 Minutes) before death

Stage 5 War:

Added explanation on survivability: 5 Strong Hits to body, more to Shields

Added explanation and limits on blinding light: Weaker than T1 Palm of Light to non Dark, T1 Palm of Light to Dark, only usable twice in one sitting

Stage 5 Restorative:

Removed healing ability

Removed AoE Rejuvenation

Added explanation on stabilizing wound

Added Single Target Rejuvenation

Added limits on Embrace: Must maintian contact, not in combat, only usable twice in one sitting

tl;dr

They lost all healing abilities. They can only stabilize a wound for up to 2 minutes at max level. If they break contact, the wound reverts to being unstable.

Their holy damage is never more than a Tier 1 cleric

No more tendrils!

No more gumby arms!

No more references to fire to avoid Flames of Reck comparissons.

Gave survivability to them, 5 Good hits will pop them.

No more Divine Aura

Put cooldown on time between making them, 3 Days, and you cant store up shells 

No more AoE rejuvenating

More cuteness

Hope this appeases those that wanted changes and keeps those that want to have their companion with them happy.