center

W5lfv.png8dT7Q.png

center

W5lfv.png8dT7Q.png

Alignment: True Neutral

Symbol: Balancing Scales

Color: White

Ancient History:

The Aengul Eshtael is the patron of Balance; her purpose to ensure balance in the realm, be it the ongoing contention of light and dark, or the number of births to deaths. Despite being the Goddess of Balance, Eshtael’s personality at times can reflect a fiery, passionate one fervently defending what she holds dear. It was Eshtael who approached the council of Aengudaemons and stood against Dragur’s reckless, foolish actions, and it was her who convinced the council to go forth against Iblees. She led the Aengudaemons into Aegis, and she stood firm as she passed her judgement against the Daemon Iblees. With her power and fury against them, she entrapped Dragur and the Dragonkin in ivory chains that would form the landmarks of the realm, her preciously loved balance having been disrupted by the reckless immortals. Despite all of this, she is only considered a moderately powerful Aengudaemon, being a Lower Aengul. As a result she is significantly less influential on the world in its current affairs and state, although it is believed that she controls the destiny of mortals, all to ensure the preservation of balance. She is an orderly Goddess, finding joy and felicity in things that are balanced, purposeful, and stray away from tumultuous and purposeless natures. Eshtael does not inherently desire order within it of itself, but rather purpose within such things. For instance, the parasite known as a shade would be severely frowned upon as the shade seeks to cause chaos for the sake of chaos, while a necromancer draining life may not be rebuked for draining life in order to survive, as there is a larger objective at hand here. A nation leader that seeks to go to war to restore the balance of power in the realm would be more respected by Eshtael than another king declaring war purely for the sake of the chaos and unbalance it brings. Essentially, she believes not in the struggle of good triumphing evil, or light quenching dark, but rather in balance between both, striving for balance and purpose in action and nature. However not much is known of Eshtael and her actions after her conflict with Dragur and the other Dragonkin, leaving the Aengul lost knowledge to most.

b1bfcfda7a1d78e75529d72942dfeacf.png

-Eshtael, leading the Aengudaemonic Council against Dragur & Iblees into Aegis

Modern History - Aengudaemonic Remembrance: As the years drew on with no significant or noticeable intervention or interference of Eshtael, chances of her return seemed slim if not nonexistent entirely. The waning memory of the Aengul meant her waning power in result, making such silence threatening to her. Because of this, Eshtael’s return to the realm and common knowledge may occur, be it subtly through the prayers of those who follow and worship her, or more palpably, perhaps manifesting among the Descendants. Either way, each result could prove to influence the course of the world in many ways, be them minor and insignificant to most, or drastic and severe to all.

Personality: Appropriately so, the Aengul of Balance is heavily concerned and supportive of the idea of balance, regardless of what either side of a situation may be. As a result, Eshtael does not necessarily care for good triumphing over evil, or vice versa, but rather cares for the insurance of a gray zone in between, preferring equal benefit and loss of both. She would not be the kind to simply let anyone to go and do as they please willy nilly however, as she is also supposedly the Aengul that determines the fates of mortals, coming from her passion for things to have and aim towards a purpose, be it achieving a great feat, improving the world, or even simply surviving, as long as it is done with a solid purpose and not simply for its own intrinsic reasoning. For example, a thief stealing from an old man would not be ridiculed by Eshtael if he were stealing in order to survive, but may be judged if he were robbing the old man simply for the sake of robbing him. Despite this, Eshtael ultimately would value balance above purpose, so if one were to act on the pretense they’re creating balance, she would see this as sufficient purpose as it upholds her main value.

W5lfv.png8dT7Q.png

Credit to:

Meguzara, HeeroZero, Aerialkebab, CharlietheGuy, BrandNewKitten, and Zarsies, for ideas and general input.

Fitermon & Elad, for writing the lore.

MiniSpigot, for creating the skin.

Various artists for making some awesome art.

Wasn't he the aengul of strength? Also, why would there e an "aengul of balance" when the Aspects exist to maintain natural equilibrium? That seems to fall under their domain, not his.

Just now, Heero said:

Wasn't he the aengul of strength? Also, why would there e an "aengul of balance" when the Aspects exist to maintain natural equilibrium? That seems to fall under their domain, not his.

Aspects don't do proper balance and have little to no say xd

Just now, GrimReaper98 said:

Aspects don't do proper balance and have little to no say xd

That's hardly true at all...

3 minutes ago, Heero said:

when the Aspects exist to maintain natural equilibrium? That seems to fall under their domain, not his.

Ye

Just to clarify, Eshtael's intervention would have only been with Dragur, and it was an ambush last I recall, sealing him and his strongest kin away. Eshtael had no legitimate intervention in which the Aengul lead the Aengulic Council, that would have solely been Aeriel hence her entitlement: Archaengul.

Eshtael's notion of balace far surpasses mortal understanding, it isn't "Shade parasites are bad" etcetera, it's what is balance on a universal scale. I strongly suggest you converse with Connor in relation to this, because last I recalled and what the old LT had set in stone- this is, by no means whatsoever, an alignment to the legitimate nature of Eshtael.

By the way, Aengudaemonic power isn't based on mortal worship- unless Cameron's lore absolved that.

2 minutes ago, Tsuyose said:

Just to clarify, Eshtael's intervention would have only been with Dragur, and it was an ambush last I recall, sealing him and his strongest kin away. Eshtael had no legitimate intervention in which the Aengul lead the Aengulic Council, that would have solely been Aeriel hence her entitlement: Archaengul.

Eshtael's notion of balace far surpasses mortal understanding, it isn't "Shade parasites are bad" etcetera, it's what is balance on a universal scale. I strongly suggest you converse with Connor in relation to this, because last I recalled and what the old LT had set in stone- this is, by no means whatsoever, an alignment to the legitimate nature of Eshtael.

By the way, Aengudaemonic power isn't based on mortal worship- unless Cameron's lore absolved that.

i thought lotc staff were not to fraternize with those who were shadowbanned.............

Did you make sure to take into consideration of the monk Triumvirate deities of the "Sun, moon, stars and Earth" who have a representation of "balance" and Neutrality?

Just a question.

This Aengul brings me back some when I was an LM. The nature of this Aengul is indeed not what you described. She is not meant to influence or have done anything of that sort. I was in the process of creating lore for her before I left the server, thus it didn't get finished. If you want, you can contact me and I can give you what was written for her and how she is. 

1 hour ago, Aesopian said:

This is idiotic the aspects already do this

1 hour ago, Heathenry said:

Eshtael already existed as the Aengul of Balance, however had no lore written down. Much how the original evocations had no concrete lore written down. There are a plethora of other accepted aengudaemons that need posts. Perpatiel, Jophiael, Gavrael, Mortades, Fastial, Llahir, and Tesion to name a few. 

Man why are people saying the Aspects already do this? The Aspects care about the balance, yes, but it stems from their desire to protect the interests of nature and all that, not for the sake of balance itself. Furthermore the "balance" they serve is an entirely different concept, because they don't care about any sort of balance as long as it doesn't play a role in nature. They'd probably be all for disrupting Eshtael's balance if it meant it tipped over in favor of nature, because they have completely different scales and different things they're measuring.

Granted, some things might coincide; Birth and death, seasons, weather, predators and prey, light and dark (with the caveat that the dark isn't the nature-disrupting kind.) and so on.

I get the feeling most people who are saying such things aren't even reading the lore. I approve of this, as somebody who, y'know, plays a Druid.