[✓] [Magic In General] Expanding Auras

GDPR 014

THE HUNGER OF HADAR

How do auras work exactly? And who can see them? Got a reference link I could look at?

1 minute ago, Smaw said:

How do auras work exactly? And who can see them? Got a reference link I could look at?

If fire is the magic spell, aura is the smoke. It's just visible when done, especially with magics such as voidal shifting which leaves a cloud of aura behind.

13 minutes ago, Fitermon said:

If fire is the magic spell, aura is the smoke. It's just visible when done, especially with magics such as voidal shifting which leaves a cloud of aura behind.

Alright, but can you expand further? I'm curious as to what in the lore explains this process, as I've never really seen a Mage mention their aura or what it might be indicative of.

Pretty neat ??

1 hour ago, Smaw said:

Alright, but can you expand further? I'm curious as to what in the lore explains this process, as I've never really seen a Mage mention their aura or what it might be indicative of.

^^the most up-to-date lore on it that we have

And this lore's fine, aesthetics are always good.

Having a mage known by their single aura color is perhaps the largest staple of my RP and has been since I created and implemented Arcanism (which is why auras exist as a topic now). So as the lore holder of the magic this most greatly effects I can't say I approve or agree of multiple aura colors.

On the other hand I do like the idea of mages having more personalized shapes to their aura. Also auras can already exist on a smaller spectrum. While you cannot have a green and red aura you could have an aura between blue and green or red and orange, purple and violet, etc...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAHuzUXNJWE3vTmDzauOX

I have to say that I agree with BNK on this one; I like the idea of adding shapes/natures on top of the colours themselves, but I would personally prefer colours to remain in the spectrums we currently allow.

Shapes/natures on top of colors are fine, but I think AT MOST with the aura color there should only be a GRADIENT of one color. So something more like between light and dark purple. Nothing like separately blue and red at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Ciaran said:

Shapes/natures on top of colors are fine, but I think AT MOST with the aura color there should only be a GRADIENT of one color. So something more like between light and dark purple. Nothing like separately blue and red at the same time.

My thoughts are similar to this. Auras should be distinguishable as auras, simply put. Not appearing as actual smoke or flames and so on.

Seems fine to me, I think what's important is that auras remain aesthetic and up the the individual's choice how they appear. This doesn't change that, so I'm personally supportive.

4 hours ago, ArcanicFable said:

comprised of different gradients of a color

Expand your grammar and fix the vagueness or i'm going to make your life a living hell by interpreting this how ever I damn well please and throwing dictionaries at anyone who tries to stop me.