1. 1. Do you want Lycans to be a thing?

• Heck yeah!
    • No, just please, jye... Stop.
    • I don't care either way.

2 minutes ago, Sovieeet~ said:

Ow, I helped a tad.

A tad.

+1

You clearly have not played a Golem neither have you fought a strigae.

They're more OP than this.

I can second this, elder strigae cannot be killed by any normal means, and shouldn't be killed. And golems, well, they're stone, and most have flamethrower runes.

Just now, Jentos said:

I can second this, elder strigae cannot be killed by any normal means, and shouldn't be killed. And golems, well, they're stone, and most have flamethrower runes.

**** Sake, golems can lift ologs and throw them away.

4 minutes ago, Sovieeet~ said:

Ow, I helped a tad.

A tad.

+1

You clearly have not played a Golem neither have you fought a strigae.

They're more OP than this.

Just now, Jentos said:

You are just basing off on my words, but I hope I made myself clear. Strigae are capable players who understand their things, and I could very easily see this being abused and roleplayed incorrectly.

Just now, Trenchist said:

You are just basing off on my words, but I hope I made myself clear. Strigae are capable players who understand their things, and I could very easily see this being abused and roleplayed incorrectly.

And why wouldn't these be capable players?

Remember

They need to RP being bitten

Its not just straight CA and done.

5 minutes ago, Sovieeet~ said:

Remember

I have no doubts the majority of players who will want to play as the creature will arrange roleplay with an Alpha and proceed to the CA. It is unlike other OP creatures whose players are very carefully picked. This is what largely concerns me, and I wouldn't support this being initiated with the current lore-owner, or at least firstly managed by the LT if it is accepted.

1 minute ago, Sovieeet~ said:

Remember

since were speaking about dracula people, Jye. Perhaps you could look up the striga lore, and try and make the Lycans 1/2 powerful as they are? Just my two cents. To avoid the "They're too op" comments. 

ALSOOOOOO. If I get bitten, voila! I'm a werewolf die grr die! I think a specific ritual should exist to make more, or something else. It'd be spread like an epidemic if you could turn someone by simply biting them.

5 hours ago, Trenchist said:

I mentioned Harry Potter and Drakola because they have OP creatures that if you put them in a minecraft roleplaying server such as ours they will be greatly abused and powergamed

You are comparing stuff like this, the first two being dracula and harry potter werewolves.

The last being Lycans.

(Also made a few small changes to lore)

Ugly werewolf.jpg

Another werewolf.jpg

Wolf another one.jpg

3 hours ago, TheCritsyBear said:

Bring the bloodlust and unwilling transformations back, yo. Give them some way to go around being an irresponsible spooky werewolf without being a total **** first. Let's say... They have a slow buildup of predatory aggression, anxiety, an individual's own mental duress and other perhaps physical negative symptoms that are, of course, alleviated when they transform. This builds and makes transforming unwillingly increasingly hard to resist, and things like high emotions, predatory instinct and excitement can make it occur, as well as, say... The anniversary of when they were first transformed, since we can't really tell when the moon is full. The longer they resist, the more bestial they are when they transform; If they go too long without it, their predatory nature drives them to hunt anything they see that isn't tied to the aspects (IE fae, druids, other lycans.) though they will attack them if they're given a reason, like any other beast. I think this could help it be a little more unique.

I went against bringing bloodlust back because i didn't want them to be mindless killing beasts, this is, as someone else pointed out, is a lot more about character development and slowly changing the longer you are cursed. This dosen't stop people from being bad Lycan's though, killing other things if they please. Also, i don't want to force anyone to kill.

6 hours ago, jyecarson said:

-The curse slowly affects the soul more and more, making it harder for the smaller joints to revert back to human form during the transformation process, making it harder for a Lycan to wield swords and bows in human form, though this would only start to become noticeable in the older Lycans.

Overall I really like the lore and I've personally wanted werewolves in LoTC for years now. However given that this is mentioned as a curse upon the soul, the Lycan would be affected in one way or another by Ascended offensive magic. My personal input is pain when in human form, but they become subject to full damage when transformed.

Also someone mentioned that Ascended as well as other groups should be capable of becoming lycans. I can't speak for the others personally, but Ascended host an immunity to soul alteration, meaning this would not be possible for them.

Just now, jyecarson said:

I went against bringing bloodlust back because i didn't want them to be mindless killing beasts, this is, as someone else pointed out, is a lot more about character development and slowly changing the longer you are cursed. This dosen't stop people from being bad Lycan's though, killing other things if they please.

It wouldn't make them mindless killers if they live in balance with themselves, but a newly cursed beast or one that denies what they are would experience the classic werewolf "what have I done" moments. I played a wereguy on another roleplay medium, and trying to resist his beastblood and involintarily transforming and hurting people he cared about was some of the best RP I had on him- And where I got most of his development from. He was a good man and he didn't want to hurt anybody, but he was cursed to do so the longer he held on to his desire to maintain control and it terrified him constantly. He was afraid of himself. It wasn't until another werewolf came in and taught him how to live with his beast that he finally knew a little bit of peace.

What I proposed would mean-- Like I said just above-- That new lycans and those who try to resist the curse would act like your classic werewolves; Every so often going beastmode and hurting someone they love, or something. But, eventually, it would give them a reason to associate with eachother and the Druids, and a reason to RP the curse outside of occasional bout of combat or something; Their packmates help them cope, the Druids give them control, and transforming regularly is what keeps their beast in check. If they don't, they'll be feral. Unless they want to be.

I think it's a good idea, anyway. Consider it, yo.

edit: pretty much the trick is to make it meaningful bloodlust; Something that drives character development rather than seeming like a shoehorned 'kill things quota'. Take the orcish bloodlust, for instance. It's something that they struggle to control as a collective people, and though it's present often it's seldom seen as an excuse to go murderboning everyone, or as something that hampers their development. It usually gives their characters another driving force. and this isn't even a blanket bloodlust we're talking about with the lycans here it's something that can be overcome

Just now, Master Sage Delaselva said:

that Ascended as well as other groups should be capable of becoming lycans

no what I said was that ascended and others are specifically incapable of it

Just now, TheCritsyBear said:

Don't deny anyone who isn't literally incapable of becoming one (IE clerics, ascended, spookies, peopel who are already cursed) from becoming one.

7 minutes ago, Master Sage Delaselva said:

Overall I really like the lore and I've personally wanted werewolves in LoTC for years now. However given that this is mentioned as a curse upon the soul, the Lycan would be affected in one way or another by Ascended offensive magic. My personal input is pain when in human form, but they become subject to full damage when transformed.

Also someone mentioned that Ascended as well as other groups should be capable of becoming lycans. I can't speak for the others personally, but Ascended host an immunity to soul alteration, meaning this would not be possible for them.

Thanks! This isn't the first time it was suggested these purity deity magics (Clerics, Ascended, etc) hurt them, but i simply don't know enough about those magics/what they do/the effects they have on players.

5 minutes ago, TheCritsyBear said:

would experience the classic werewolf "what have I done" moments

I don't like this, i mean, at first i did, but after suggestions started coming in i thought it'd be best to change it. I don't want to put any rules in on this as i don't want to force anyone to kill, i want them to be creative and rp them out how they desire, without the need to push them towards always transforming and killing, maybe you're char is scared of transforming? but has to continue doing so, since as i currently have it they have to change at least once every now and then. Maybe your char finds transforming amazing and stays in wolf form for extremely long periods of time? I'm just saying, I believe its fine how it is.

Also, druids still have lots of influence over them, like any animal, meaning they can or should be able to calm down those who do become irresponsible and start attacking people, Lycans would also need to go to druids, or some other healer to get healed after battle if they wish to transform, so i do believe the druids will have a lot of rp with Lycan's anyway without getting rituals and what not involved.

Just now, jyecarson said:

-snip snap-

It's your lore at the end of the day, yo. Read the edit I made, consider all the things I said, and hopefully my input on the matter will help you get the lore as interesting as possible. Keep in mind I said more than just that point. c:

the lack of control when they're first cursed is something I really like though as my personal opinion and not a critique

7 minutes ago, TheCritsyBear said:

It's your lore at the end of the day, yo. Read the edit I made, consider all the things I said, and hopefully my input on the matter will help you get the lore as interesting as possible. Keep in mind I said more than just that point

Most of your other points have been added, just didn't make a post saying what was changed. I made it so poison's are twice as powerful towards them, and wolsbane stops them from transforming (I had that anyway, just not worded well)

Also made it so you are required to rp being bitten again

5 hours ago, TheCritsyBear said:

ghouls (not that these aren't still around, though.) These are all creatures impossible to fight against as a normal man

Unless you have some sort of gold object, which everyone and their mother has. Smfh