[Culture] Saoiste culture (Ranger rewrite.)

KaiserJacobII

The Saoiste culture of Gaeilge

c1h7l-uBiX0O392qRjIzWwSTsnvYbJaMDkUfwvWGcrbnpxsu9SUayEOpdLzlHCdsGjyXRxcb4jnv_dRKf7KRgasvGdDlM-KXPfa7vT8VxEFEjGVMb584uWTn474oWtKretbZbfyt

uTi40OPYPTTIQFIjSojxsFvTS3JqdonKGWVghHB7mqVMTfj0zikmMqzDQEDru_uyk05PfUjuQvGo-zE6foZlwp2AP0Goe1La45TSr04uktDIcVAbyAsHKgtk_C-dwpNRqySHVe0N

A Saoiste warrior attacks bandit orcs that threaten his village.                  

“Is Laidir ar claiohm, is e ar n-ciallmhar Trodaire.”

Summary:

The Saoiste culture existed for a long time, as simple highlander farmers, hunters, and gatherers. They lived off the land, building stone houses with thatch roofs to live in. They have small but strong armies of spearmen, archers, wolf trainers, and swordsmen. They learn to live off the land they live on, no matter how harsh or unforgiving.

Physical traits:

They are tall, broad shouldered, and adaptable to nearly any extreme climate. They have true grey eyes, tanned skin, and darker coloured hair. They have the natural ability to run for long distances without getting tired, and can keep their athletic strength into the last years of their life.

Mental traits:

They are strong willed, and not easy to tire. They can stay awake for up to 7 days and nights without collapsing. Their harsh living environments have given them a harsh and stubborn trait, but also an alertness.

Religion:

They believe in two major gods, the great strider and the mother of all animals, who can pick any animal form. They had six spirits and all the animals as their children, the spirits are: Bas the spirit of death and the afterlife, Saol the spirit of love and life, Tine the spirit of fires and forges, Cogadh the spirit of war and bloodshed, Feirme the spirit of farming and crops, and Eagna the spirit of wisdom. A believer should worship to its patron god, and the major gods twice a day, at sunset and at sunrise, they should also sacrifice the brain and heart of any hunted animal so the animal can live on in the afterlife, which is seen as a land where crops always grow tall and bards sing songs in halls of gold and silver, but if you're bad you get 3 tests to see if you can make it to the land of joy and majesty.

VUdjD1HgSv2WYx9jMTlppPP2H679zGveUhQIU9eQ3Y9d8TAYmOS1HIX9rD4xk-1_iWYUd38kjsKVpI32krCcsW7bKYQTJNIh7K5daLbgMB9-yoyHUifnG0tkdL9GvFj-My5M5j7w

The great Strider and the mother of all animals in her wolf form.

Clothing:

They wear whatever fits the area they are in. But normally they wear tunics, pants, leather boots, and a cloak. Clothing is commonly tartan, or animal skins. Colours mean different things to them.

Blue: Peace and rain

Green: forest and growth

Purple: magic and afterlife

Brown: honor and humbleness

White: health and wisdom

Red: blood and strength

gold: power and wealth

Gender roles:

Different from most culture, gender roles don’t apply too much to the people of this culture. Men can farm and cook, while women can fight and hunt. Both female and male kids learn from their elders how to do normal female stuff and normal male stuff.

Age roles:

Kids age 2-10 learn how to fight and farm, pre-adults age 12-17 start fighting and training harder, adults age 18-70 fight and work around the village, elders age 71 onward teach kids how to farm and fight.

Culture and arts:

Saoiste culture is full of arts, they respect the crafting of bows as an art, also sewing of tapestries that hang in theirs homes and halls depicting great battles and tales of old. Making tapestries is one of the most important ways of telling a tale, and keeping their history close to them at all times. They also love to make music using different horns, drums, pipes, and string instruments. Music also tells of their past and legends.

l09zFCPqYA8gq1ytRYENMsusdQoaN61-ag7kcfC4FVUFe2YWPK2pQ4SfiVQyh6vaqtxS5rcDKdPRV58WWiiiH9A5bir1j8UO3LWZZOS8evU_yodjiVSvMKSNR5A29w7iLWl6SGK0

A Saoiste plays a song about his kin’s epic past.

Food and extended culture:

They have a ability to drink more alcohol without getting drunk, but that causes alcohol addictions to be more common in their culture. When drunk they can be dangerous and more unpredictable then they normal are when sober. They commonly eat wild meat, and they have a natural ability to go longer without eating then most people, also they can eat tougher food. Their delicacies are such as: Saoiste stew, which is made with lamb, mutton, or goat. Shepherd's pie, bacon and cabbage, Boxty, which is a potato pancake. Coddle, which is sausage, bacon, and potato, and Colcannon, which is mashed potatoes, kale, or cabbage, and butter.

History:

The saoiste people believe that Strider created the world using the power of the three energies, land, sea, and sky that are shown in the symbol of life. Then he talked to the first Saoiste chief as a huge red deer, the animal of the Saoiste. He told the chief to worship him and his family and in favor they would give his people everything they need. So the saoiste knew that nature would provide them with their needs, if they don’t forget who controls nature. The saoiste culture branched off into 3 great chiefdoms for the great energies, land, sea, and sky. The house Wilson of land was the greatest, and slowly over time the other 2 chiefdoms merged into the family of Wilson, the current ruling chiefdom of land, sea, and sky.

PqvkoyK1v_sQeCRrsdYrMMF6rx_LmBX0D5MrapkBW4C_A4Cy7pjDBiDzSprANKEyXFJI_N-jOk5ogOXes4-sd4mb-7TH8XiDDEnoNo4BhqMO7y0FnIepYXfO74s8t6114e-Dkgu1  

The symbol of life, showing land, sea, and sky.   

Government:

The saoiste culture is ruled by the great chief of house Wilson, who is currently Johnny Wilson of land, sea, and sky. They believe that the Wilson family was chosen by the major gods. And if anyone male or female marries into that family their last name becomes Wilson.  

tKG1AFYi81QxGQY3tIYE6kfkUqzxfNVL0NDayj6CS5ZJANGNbOfs0DVIaWg89Hzz7bEWsID63xohoqnxkDD3mJx6JNYOUpCAnvuyqK2R_fdiT0Vy4JgaVsJY6uKgnBaa959f6Kjv

Chief Johnny Wilson looks over Tahn.

Application:

IGN:

Rangers name:

Do you pledge to follow the current chief: 

Skin you will use, if you don't have one i can make one:

Ye auld mood music:

If may when see this i like ask few question before i try make a application good ser 

1 hour ago, DarkElfs said:

If may when see this i like ask few question before i try make a application good ser 

Pm me your questions, and i will answer them to the best of my ability. 

Application:

IGN: DarkElfs

Rangers name: Hellmuth GrayBlade

Do you pledge to follow the current chief:  I pledge my life and soul to follow and do what cheif Orders or askes of me even if be drink a barral of ale which be quite nice deal if ask me.

Skin you will use, if you don't have one i can make one: I have none sense I'm horrible at making skins

Now does get me and my work on till this is accepted or declined then

11 hours ago, DarkElfs said:

Application:

IGN: DarkElfs

Rangers name: Hellmuth GrayBlade

Do you pledge to follow the current chief:  I pledge my life and soul to follow and do what cheif Orders or askes of me even if be drink a barral of ale which be quite nice deal if ask me.

Skin you will use, if you don't have one i can make one: I have none sense I'm horrible at making skins

Now does get me and my work on till this is accepted or declined then

I will accept this, i can make you a skin if you tell me what you want over skype if its not to complicated. What DarkElfs are you, there is more then one.

Ah yes if see any that has fire as profile picture that should be me and if some doent see anything does Try cecarter and look for same picture Should be able find it then.

Ranks

dhm297.jpg

Chiefs

Grand chief: Johnny Wilson @Jacobcraft04

Lower chiefs: Vacant

Priests

Grand priest: Vacant

Lower priests: Vacant

spirit priest, Bas: Vacant

Spirit priest, Saol: Vacant

Spirit priest, Tine: Vacant

Spirit priest, Cogadh: Vacant