[✗] Project #8900 Thanic-Mana Cannons

Taketheshot

I'm interested in who exactly engineered this and with what thanhium they did so?

"Can the undead use it on the Westerlands?" A commander of the dead mutters as he walks about the Sanctum.

29 minutes ago, Fuffy said:

How about no.

Care to provide some info on why you think it should not be allowed? All feedback is welcome.

4 hours ago, ArcanicFable said:

Thanhium takes in heat and produces mana. It explodes because it can't push enough mana out of its body and it overloads 

Hence why we use a controlled amount of heat release so that the that the the thanium doesn't overload and explode.

13 minutes ago, 6xdestroyer said:

I'm interested in who exactly engineered this and with what thanhium they did so?

It was designed by me and a few others. We're just using blocks of refined thanium.

1 hour ago, Sug said:

"Can the undead use it on the Westerlands?" A commander of the dead mutters as he walks about the Sanctum.

Yes they could if they managed to build it. But for the undead to build it they would need to capture the plans ;)

3 hours ago, Taketheshot said:

Hence why we use a controlled amount of heat release so that the that the the thanium doesn't overload and explode.

I wasn't arguing the concept, I was answering a question. 

22 minutes ago, ArcanicFable said:

I wasn't arguing the concept, I was answering a question. 

I'm not trying to argue either. I'm just trying to explain to everyone else how we're dealing with issues like that.

actually just at a glance at the magnetus lore (which I didnt know existed until now)

by applying mana and a pulsing stream of redstone (one that only lights one "coil" at a time)

you have whats essentially a Gauss gun with no input energy requirement

so why not just make a Gauss gun?

34 minutes ago, Destroyer_Bravo said:

you have whats essentially a Gauss gun with no input energy requirement

so why not just make a Gauss gun?

I would, but I feel it would be shot down for being "too modern"

9 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

I would, but I feel it would be shot down for being "too modern"

you would probably be fine with doing that so long as you didn't downsize it to like, smaller than "barely golem-portable" (which otherwise would be quite simple to do)

hell I might build myself a siege coilgun in the near future

Thank you for submitting your piece! Unfortunately, this lore is hereby denied. Thanhium is currently undergoing a review in the way it functions which directly conflicts with this lore. That, and this doesn't seem to provide much in terms of a difference between other siege weapons (e.g. the explosive ballista) to warrant bringing back actual cannons to the server.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.