[✗] [Addition] Soul Tree Classification and Healing

Gallic

don't forget to name the poll okay  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tree Lords count as Fae?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care.
    • I care so much that I need to make a whole reply about it.
  2. 2. Should Blight Healing effect Tree Lords?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care.
    • I care so much that I need to make a whole reply about it.

25 minutes ago, TheCritsyBear said:

Thus, confusion and arguments are created when one or two call themselves Fae either IC or OOC, and fun is not had.

This seems minor but you'd be shocked to find the hours of arguments that would be saved just by having an official stance

There was an official stance/decision made by the team when the issue was brought up before. You are allowed to self-proclaim yourself as Fae in IC, because that is RP, however, Tree Lords are not Fae, and any titling of such OOCly was deemed incorrect. 

3 minutes ago, meg said:

There was an official stance/decision made by the team when the issue was brought up before. You are allowed to self-proclaim yourself as Fae in IC, because that is RP, however, Tree Lords are not Fae, and any titling of such OOCly was deemed incorrect. 

And there's a few players that disagree and a big ol' debate that can be had about it, hence this post. Flam was the one who encouraged me to make it, yo.

edit: Also, most recent judgment on the matter was suspended until this was posted I think, but don't quote me on that.

1 minute ago, meg said:

Well can this official stance be made known to the actual tree lords? Perhaps a screenshot, a post, or source?

Ok, here's a post--

Tree lords aren't fae

I'm unsure why you ever assumed you were Fae, because I can't find a bit of lore that promotes that idea. Until I, myself, spotted a player with their race set that way I'd never even caught wind of the fact people believed Tree Lords were Fae. 

I hope this clarifies things though!

1 minute ago, Avacyn said:

I'm unsure why you ever assumed you were Fae, because I can't find a bit of lore that promotes that idea. Until I, myself, spotted a player with their race set that way I'd never even caught wind of the fact people believed Tree Lords were Fae. 

I hope this clarifies things though!

Half the post details why that idea would be concluded.

edit: also don't blame me blame the gm who wanted it set to that I just wanted my race changed alright

It just seems a bit conflicting when things like Dryads are in-lore considered fae for basically the reasons that would've made a tree lord a fae.

Maybe I'm being dumb, but uhh... what is the benefit of them being OOCly classified as fae?

Just now, TheCritsyBear said:

Half the post details why that idea would be concluded.

Your brand-new post details an argument, but from my understanding of Gladuos' post, the lot of you were under the impression for some time that they were indeed Fae. So I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why you all thought this.

Anyways...

1 minute ago, Gladuos said:

It just seems a bit conflicting when things like Dryads are in-lore considered fae for basically the reasons that would've made a tree lord a fae.

I don't think they should be Fae. We'll confer as a team about this and get back to the thread.

heres one that makes the noggin joggin 

what the **** is natural about becoming a living tree 

Go the extra mile and make it mandatory for them to wear proper RP skins for their barky bodies.

They can have barky skin, yes. Who wants to volunteer to make all our skins and make it not look terrible? :J

11 hours ago, Abyssus said:

what the **** is natural about becoming a living tree 

Nothing.

Which is why they must be purged.

I'm a bit concerning about the healing, because, as far as power goes, blight healing is a LOT more powerful than any other healing. It can regrow a small forest. Since Tree Lords are plants, would that mean they would be able to regrow limbs very quickly? They would be able to do that on normal trees, would that be denied because the plant is a tree lord?

As far as I see it, it because a heal that would be the most powerful healing power in the universe at this moment, far stronger than clerics.

Edit: Why not use the other subtype and say that it works directly on the tree lord? Blight Healing is normally to heal land of taint and salt and ash and stuff like that. The other healing type would probably fit better.