[✗] [Addition] Soul Tree Classification and Healing

Gallic

don't forget to name the poll okay  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tree Lords count as Fae?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care.
    • I care so much that I need to make a whole reply about it.
  2. 2. Should Blight Healing effect Tree Lords?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care.
    • I care so much that I need to make a whole reply about it.

Blight healing, heals blighted trees. Otherwise just wait for your limbs to grow back man, it's not like there are any actual drawbacks to dying as a soul tree.

Also lol treelords aren't going to be fae

If I might ask, if the "skin" isn't made from bark what is it made from? Similar substance to skin? If so what.

-

Also i'm with Jistuma on this one claiming that they shouldn't be able to blight heal. I believe that due to them not actually being a plant... that they shouldn't be able to heal themselves.

Though this brings the question, since these soul trees are essentially altering the soul - wouldn't ascended be after you or how have you countered this?

5 hours ago, Jistuma said:

As far as I see it, it because a heal that would be the most powerful healing power in the universe at this moment, far stronger than clerics.

~ Monk healing :P

Yes the point is that it would be basically monk-tier healing except it'd work only on tree lords, and to make up for the fact that basically nothing else works to heal them except mundane healing. I think it's a fair enough trade, inability to be healed in any other magical way and only works on tree lords, who could regenerate fully by dying anyway.

They are fully plant-matter, which just because that plant matter seems to be in the shape of a person doesn't mean they are not plants. Just because they're not fully bark doesn't mean they have any regular flesh. It's just plant material, softer and more skin-like plant material. Same with the internal organs: made of plant but that doesn't necessarily mean it's made of bark! Tree lords almost always have barky skin though, yes.

To clarify, I never thought tree lords were fae, I'm just saying that it would fit them to be labeled as such as magical nature-oriented beings. There's no real functional difference of them being labeled one way or the other besides flare of roleplay.

17 hours ago, Evocress said:

Though this brings the question, since these soul trees are essentially altering the soul - wouldn't ascended be after you or how have you countered this?

There exists one exception to these three rules, dubbed the ‘Aspectual Clause.’  The clause voids all of the criteria if the soul in question is contained within a Soul Tree, as the union does not alter either soul significantly and the Soul Essence of the tree is in fact strengthened. The existence of the clause is often an object of curiosity to the Ascended, as much as the Tree of Life was an object of curiosity to the Druids. Perhaps their respective patrons struck a deal once, long ago.

Ascended magic does not harm Soul Trees.

The Lore Team's official stance on Fae is as follows:

A 'Fae' is any creature that the Aspects created that is inherently magical.

This means 'transformed' things like Tree Lords and even Dryads are not considered Fae, but things like Sprites are.

Just now, Avacyn said:

The Lore Team's official stance on Fae is as follows:

A 'Fae' is any creature that the Aspects created that is inherently magical.

This means 'transformed' things like Tree Lords and even Dryads are not considered Fae, but things like Sprites are.

The Aspects created Soul Trees, though, and their state of being is inherently magical.

3 minutes ago, TheCritsyBear said:

The Aspects created Soul Trees, though, and their state of being is inherently magical.

But the Aspects aren't the original creators of the mortal that became the Tree Lord. The character you are roleplaying was not made by the Aspects, simply transformed by their influence.

Thank you for submitting your piece! Unfortunately, this lore has been denied. As Corvoo and others have told the group in the past, blight healing revolves around bringing back diseased/decayed plantlife back to life, which a sword injury or broken limb isn't afflicted by. As for the stance that Tree Lords are unable to be healed period, that is incorrect, they are capable of being healed through druidic healing/herblore, just not blight healing. Along with this, Perrin has already given you the stance on Fae.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.