[Shelved]The Agents of The Archaengul: Ascended Rewrite II

So do you have a legitimate reason as to why Demi-Ascended are a thing, except for dodging the deity/voidal clause to keep your current playerbase?

22 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

So would they be able to use their magic to extinguish soulfire presently on them?

I added in a mention of Frost Witches being able to use their magic to counter Soulfire in an attempt to balance their interactions with Ascended and not make the ordeal one-sided. This was scrapped due to pressure by the LT in favor of Frost Witches being able to summon a thin sheet of ice that has no exploitable weakness aside from breaking it physically, and as was mentioned to me in Discord by one of their players the shattered ice wall can then be used offensively against the attacker who is now in close range.

Given that frostie ice magic is not a dark magic, as was stated, I do not believe it would be capable of self-extinguishing a burning frost witch. Once it has latched unto the physical form it will persist until the frost witch perishes or they are strong enough to resist it, such as in the case of a frost mother. Frost Witches already have probably the best method of directly blocking Soulfire as I stated in the first paragraph. Giving further buffs to it is, in my opinion, toeing the line of being overpowered.

16 minutes ago, GrimReaper98 said:

So do you have a legitimate reason as to why Demi-Ascended are a thing, except for dodging the deity/voidal clause to keep your current playerbase?

Powerful void mages have three ultimate possible goals. They can become dark mages, like almost everyone does, Archons which are a sort of neutral route, and Demi-Ascended which is a holy arc. Demi-Ascended exist currently as Silver sect and they are not overpowered whatsoever, nor do they cause issues in balancing literally ever.

Also do I really have to explain why I don't want want to kick a bunch of people out of the Ascended, especially when some of them have been with us for 5 irl years? They've been loyal to us, and I will not be removing them.

As the lore explains it:

These souls are gifted but the smallest of Embers, and those Embers are kept from growing by the constant poisoning of the Voidal magics they are allowed to wield.

so if a lich made an arcanism/earth evo/water evo ice shield the soulfire would go through it

Just now, Destroyer_Bravo said:

so if a lich made an arcanism/earth evo/water evo ice shield the soulfire would go through it

Magical shielding will also block it, I forgot to add that. Will do so now.

Right, so after a bit of discussion with others, here are some key things I noticed. Mind you, this doesn’t reflect what the entire team thinks as not everyone was around for the discussion, these are just issues that I and a few others have with the lore and until it's fixed I will be voting against it.

• The fact that soulfire can essentially one hit kill dark creatures is incredibly overpowered (yeah I realize that the clerics have essentially the same thing, but that’s hopefully going to be altered as well). Dark magic, regardless of if it’s offensive or not, should be able to squelch the flames that are on them with their abilities. Or some other balancing measure should be put in place.
  • Hallowed Ground is far too overpowered with the whole "burn soul altered creatures to ashes in minutes".
  • Please respect the wishes of the lore-holders when it comes to the removal of certain afflictions and curses and stop trying to add special case ways to do such.
  • The disconnection process needs to be elaborated on, since at the moment it just says how many people are required to extinguish/inherit flames.
  • The psychopomps need clarification on if they are solid or not. You say they can send letters, but since they’re ghostly that just seems like a way to ensure letters are sent without being stopped.
  • The Soulstream Rift needs clarification on why something like that would even be necessary, opening a large rift to a place containing a lot of evil entities hardly seems like something Aeriel would allow (if the objects are somehow found again anyway, it seems like a useless ability that only causes issues).
  • Clarification is needed on the braziers on how they stop the propagation of new dark creatures. It says that it fights against corruption/taint so it doesn't really make sense why it would fight against the creation of a new creature. That kind of curse =/= the corruption/taint blocked by the brazier.

4 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

Hallowed Ground is far too overpowered with the whole "burn soul altered creatures to ashes in minutes".

That's "Minutes" the soul altered creature can say "Nope" and step out of said hallowed ground.

6 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

Please respect the wishes of the lore-holders when it comes to the removal of certain afflictions and curses and stop trying to add special case ways to do such.

Shouldnt the lore holder be the leader of the ascended; the one who wrote this?

4 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

The Lore Holder of other lore pieces, I haven't read this piece yet but I assume what he means by this is: Frost Witches/Strigae, can't be reversed, Jallentime writes an ability into this to reverse it and bam, reversible. So it shouldn't be reversible without their permission is what he is saying. 

6 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

That's "Minutes" the soul altered creature can say "Nope" and step out of said hallowed ground.

I too love bases that are impenetrable by my enemies and no, that clearly talks about curses and whatnot. Jallen should know what I'm referring to in that point.

3 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

I too love bases that are impenetrable by my enemies

You cant base inside them, it's written in the lore that such isnt possible

Just now, Fury_Fire said:

You cant base inside them, it's written in the lore that such isnt possible

Bases don't need to be cobblestone pvp forts, the fact that it enhances Ascended capabilities for certain things and is a place of significance means it's a place no doubt meant to be used, which is inaccessible by those trying to fight Ascended.

1 hour ago, The Pink Lion said:

The fact that soulfire can essentially one hit kill dark creatures is incredibly overpowered (yeah I realize that the clerics have essentially the same thing, but that’s hopefully going to be altered as well). Dark magic, regardless of if it’s offensive or not, should be able to squelch the flames that are on them with their abilities. Or some other balancing measure should be put in place.

I am a pretty new player, but I do have something to say about this point. The Soul Fire is meant to counter the Dark creatures that the Ascended are made to fight against. Light vs. Dark, so while Dark Magic seems to hurt and damage just about EVERYTHING. The Soul Fire only damages and affects Tainted Souls, doing jack diddly squat to the average man. Perhaps a more detailed scale of the power of Soulfire would be useful. Someone who has Tier 5 Soulfire being able to one hit kill most Dark Creatures except the more higher tier creatures, which it would deal a good amount of damage still, whereas a newly made Ascended with Tier 1 could probably greatly harm a lesser Dark Creature and dealing decent damage to the more mid-tear Dark Creatures. There is also the fact that the Ascended's Soul Fire has a rather short range, meaning that if you are the Great Dark Lord of Angst, just keep your distance and therefore don't have to worry about them. 

3 minutes ago, LordCommander said:

I am a pretty new player, but I do have something to say about this point. The Soul Fire is meant to counter the Dark creatures that the Ascended are made to fight against. Light vs. Dark, so while Dark Magic seems to hurt and damage just about EVERYTHING. The Soul Fire only damages and affects Tainted Souls, doing jack diddly squat to the average man. Perhaps a more detailed scale of the power of Soulfire would be useful. Someone who has Tier 5 Soulfire being able to one hit kill most Dark Creatures except the more higher tier creatures, which it would deal a good amount of damage still, whereas a newly made Ascended with Tier 1 could probably greatly harm a lesser Dark Creature and dealing decent damage to the more mid-tear Dark Creatures. There is also the fact that the Ascended's Soul Fire has a rather short range, meaning that if you are the Great Dark Lord of Angst, just keep your distance and therefore don't have to worry about them. 

Dark Creatures do /not/ exist to be the punching bag of Holy Mages. I don't care that it damages us, it should, but one shotting us is absolutely bull especially when we don't have anything to truly fight back against them with. 

5 minutes ago, LordCommander said:

I am a pretty new player, but I do have something to say about this point.

Yeah, don't worry bud, go ahead.

The Soul Fire is meant to counter the Dark creatures that the Ascended are made to fight against.

I agree, all holy magic is made to counter Dark Magic, counter is the key word there. Not utterly demolish, not insta-kill something, counter.

Light vs. Dark, so while Dark Magic seems to hurt and damage just about EVERYTHING.

As does voidal magic, yeah. It's less a complete 'Light VS. Dark' trope as it is a war over whether or not the Soul Stream should be tampered with. 

The Soul Fire only damages and affects Tainted Souls, doing jack diddly squat to the average man.

Yes, holy people do not hunt regular people since they exist to counter Dark Magic, you stated this prior. 

Perhaps a more detailed scale of the power of Soulfire would be useful. Someone who has Tier 5 Soulfire being able to one hit kill most Dark Creatures except the more higher tier creatures, which it would deal a good amount of damage still, whereas a newly made Ascended with Tier 1 could probably greatly harm a lesser Dark Creature and dealing decent damage to the more mid-tear Dark Creatures.

I often find tiers to be a deterrence, to insta-kill anybody under any circumstances is a form of power-gaming, lore sanctioned or not. Holy fire of this variety should be able to affect blemished creatures, but no form of magic should be able to instantly kill somebody with one hit. I've yet to see a compelling argument for why you guys need to be able to one-shot dark creatures besides the recurring statement that it's your role.

There is also the fact that the Ascended's Soul Fire has a rather short range, meaning that if you are the Great Dark Lord of Angst, just keep your distance and therefore don't have to worry about them. 

I'm still rather confused on the point you're trying to make, whether or not it's short-ranged doesn't matter, no form of magic should be able to instantly cripple or kill somebody. Again, my statement on lore sanctioned power-gaming, it's an atrocious thing, people got to learn to interact and have fun fights and develop their characters. If you could further expand on your point I'd be much obliged.

1 hour ago, Aerial "The Wroth" Kebabu said:

-Snip-

Thank you for being rather polite and finding the flaws in my statement and taking a time to put it in a good format. I am rather new to all of these systems and just wanted to try to provide some Help. I am going to leave the rest of the defending of this to more veteran players who have more experience with the system. 

2 minutes ago, LordCommander said:

Thank you for being rather polite and finding the flaws in my statement and taking a time to put it in a good format. I am rather new to all of these systems and just wanted to try to provide some Help. I am going to leave the rest of the defending of this to more veteran players who have more experience with the system. 

No problem dude. If you need help with anything, pm me.