[✗] [Magic][Dark] Patron of Tayl: Grigario Gift of the Briarheart

BrandNewKitten

How do you plan on implementing it to the playerbase? Also I enjoy this quite a bit! Best of luck my Stag.

**** ****** ur **** is ******* sick, I wouldn't even read and straight up accept it, +++++1

While it's not something I like in concept, it's well depicted and balanced. As always you have my support Kitten.

12 hours ago, Sug said:

How do you plan on implementing it to the playerbase? Also I enjoy this quite a bit! Best of luck my Stag.

Thanks for reminding me. I updated with an implementation clause. This will be open to anyone who finds the knowledge in a neutral event location and then procures the necessary items for the ritual and then successfully performs the ritual (then submits an MA. If accepted you unlock the magic, etc...)

Likewise a Briar may teach others how to become a Briar but they cannot actually create other Briars. One must do the ritual themselves and suffer the possible consequence of PK (should you perform the ritual without enough resources/pestilence or not use a golden blade/recite the tenants/etc...)

11 hours ago, Man of Respect said:

**** ****** ur **** is ******* sick, I wouldn't even read and straight up accept it, +++++1

10 hours ago, Aerial "The Wroth" Kebabu said:

While it's not something I like in concept, it's well depicted and balanced. As always you have my support Kitten.

Thanks friendos! 

EDIT: Updated as of 10:50PM PST

1 hour ago, Jaeden said:

Seems like a pretty cool concept. And something that'll contradict with druidism - in a good way for roleplay of course!

I didn't read through all of it since I'm working on moving items IG, though I like it from what I've seen. Potentially, I'd like to work with you on making it have a presence around the NEW druids <: -- Though all in due time.

I would very much enjoy that! Even if only to set up some sort of symbitoic protag-antag storyline. I am open to many different possibilities. 

22 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

Thanks for reminding me. I updated with an implementation clause. This will be open to anyone who finds the knowledge in a neutral event location and then procures the necessary items for the ritual and then successfully performs the ritual (then submits an MA. If accepted you unlock the magic, etc...)

Likewise a Briar may teach others how to become a Briar but they cannot actually create other Briars. One must do the ritual themselves and suffer the possible consequence of PK (should you perform the ritual without enough resources/pestilence or not use a golden blade/recite the tenants/etc...)

Wonderful! Now will this be a magic akin to Fi where you can only learn this one magic in particular or? Sorry for all the questions, just very interested in this.

15 minutes ago, Sug said:

Wonderful! Now will this be a magic akin to Fi where you can only learn this one magic in particular or? Sorry for all the questions, just very interested in this.

It is not compatible with holy magic (and druidism which is a pseudo holy magic) and if you are heartless (most undead I believe) this magic is not applicable to you. I don't think it will matter if you have voidal and this is well suited for people with necromancy, blood magic, soul puppetry, and maybe some mystics too. In the end I am awaiting MT feedback before magic restrictions are set in stone.

Just now, Sir K Andruske said:

It is not compatible with holy magic and if you are heartless (most undead I believe) this magic is not applicable to you. I don't think it will matter if you have voidal and this is well suited for people with necromancy, blood magic, soul puppetry, and maybe some mystics too. 

Perfect! Thank You~

I do like this post a lot, and I think that having this would lead to good and new RP for all involved. But I do have some lore issues:

1. No matter how much I read this it smells like dark druidism. To be more more exact, this seems to be Dark Cernunnos in the same way Nemiisae is dark Cerridwen. If this the case then why not make a new Deamon of Winter that is a rouge Aspect.

2. Tayl is stated to be reclusive even by Aengudeamon standards. So why would he want to get highly active with his own cult seemingly out of the blue? It seems like a rather quick shift in motivation.

Ether way I do hope that this lore is approved. Good luck BNK!

4 minutes ago, ZBLBAC5 said:

I do like this post a lot, and I think that having this would lead to good and new RP for all involved. But I do have some lore issues:

1. No matter how much I read this it smells like dark druidism. To be more more exact, this seems to be Dark Cernunnos in the same way Nemiisae is dark Cerridwen. If this the case then why not make a new Deamon of Winter that is a rouge Aspect.

2. Tayl is stated to be reclusive even by Aengudeamon standards. So why would he want to get highly active with his own cult seemingly out of the blue? It seems like a rather quick shift in motivation.

Ether way I do hope that this lore is approved. Good luck BNK!

Tayl is not directly involved. He is just the one that started it and got it rolling. If you read his lore and the posts below you will see that through time Tayl has used certain opportunities to sway descendants into doing his dirty work for them achieving two goals.

1.) Take power away from other deities so their sphere of influence on the mortal realm decreases 

and

2.) Through some act or guideline achieve companionship. By inducting these descendants as Briars it not only connects those individuals but I suspect Tayl gets immense satisfaction in terms of Pride and maybe even power. He is ambiguous in that way. I have no qualm with Grigario becoming something of an aspect or anti-aspect but the only way that will ever happen if it comes through RP. No one in roleplay, not even those that practice this magic, understand the connection between Grigario and Tayl and Grigario himself isn't even the key focal point of Tayl's manifestation. Also you could say that this is a form of dark druidism. I am not saying my interpretation exactly matches the antithesis of druidism but there is definitely apart of the lore on how it seeks to work against the druids.

Regarding being highly active out of the blue- This ritual is not something that is being researched and newly discovered but rather uncovered and will be found an event. It is not Tayl's direct involvement in this map that produces the effects of this magic. 

Dang I wish I had the time to write on this the thing I wanted to write. Oh well.

TL;DR this should be accepted as it currently stands regardless of its issues, but in the future we should probably look to expand it and other magics like it into a true Dark Druidism (by combining them).

Lore pending. I will be contacting you about the issues that the LT have brought up concerning your lore soon.

You have two weeks to address the concerns raised by the team, if they are not met by 7/18, this lore will be denied. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed.

I like it. I love it. I want some more of it. +10