Onwards [Sci-Fi Nation FRP - OOC and Apps]

Z3r05t4r

OOC:

Username: It'sa me

Ideas and Suggestions?: Perhaps ask if anyone is willing to co-mod? It seems like you've got some experienced FRPers who might be able to lighten your workload for you.

RP (Humans only, I apologize.):

Colony Name: Ultinceastre

First Planet Type: A planet similar to Earth, but with a near uniform Temperate Maritime climate. Ultinceastre is about 80% water, and its vast seas are churned by a few major storms that seem to be confined mostly to the planet's northern hemisphere.

History: Though many of the colony ships that made the great exodus from humanity's dying homeworld were designed to house a specific population or fulfill a certain task, there were many more that were quite standard in nature. These 'baseline' ships were not wholesale, but were instead broken up into compartments; this was quite useful for companies and organizations that did not have the gargantuan funds necessary to commission an entire ship, as it allowed them to buy a reasonable space. The Colony Ship F-005 was one of these typical models. Most of its living space was allocated to house a general population that had been chosen at random, in one of the International Ticket Lotteries - a skyrocketing business in Earth's dying days that operated much like a cash lottery, though the prize was room for the winners and their immediate family on one of the last ships to leave humanity's doomed world. The remainder of the available room on F-005 had been purchased by a collection of the world's leading universities and libraries, and served as dedicated storage for the histories and literature considered most integral to the essence of human nature and culture.

Despite the already limited space aboard F-005 (it could reasonably house about 10,000 less colonists than the typical average, due to the space that was being used as the ship's library), errors in the International Ticket Lottery had caused severe overcrowding, with upwards of 130,000 passengers struggling to fit on board as the ship prepared to take off. Luckily, F-005 was able to make the jump without incident - save for the fact that it, like all of the other colony ships, had landed off-course. Unfortunately, the problems for F-005 and its population would come after the jump. Due to its hasty construction, the colony ship had not been properly tested, and it operated poorly in the strenuous conditions afforded by the jump. Its warp reactor, an extremely inefficient and power-consumptive invention, had shorted the primary thrusters on the colony ship. This meant that a journey to the nearest habitable planet, which should have taken days, would instead take months. The people aboard F-005, already high-strung due to the ship's overcrowding, panicked; it was not a closely guarded secret that they would run out of food long before they could disembark.

The next few days aboard F-005 were more akin to a hellish nightmare than reality. Order quickly broke down as the colony ship's guards were overrun. Rioting and infighting reached a fever-pitch as the colonists, fueled by fear and hunger, slaughtered each other for control of their spacehulk's valuable supplies. Vicious skirmishes erupted between sleeping quarters; the once pristine hallways were smeared with blood and offal, and the screams of the dying echoed horrifically through the beacon of hope that had become, for many, a tomb.

By the time F-005 entered the orbit of its intended target, its host population had been slashed to about 75,000. The survivors were led by a man who was simply named Odda. Who he had been on Earth (where he had come from, his occupation, even his last name) was a mystery. He had led his housing block to dominate the others, through shrewd deal-making or merciless conquest, and his authority was now absolute.

Map location: Actually, I was hoping that I could be given a randomized location (to reflect the randomness of the colony ship going off-course), so if you could put me wherever you see fit that would be great!

OOC:

Username: Edeldrache

Ideas and Suggestions?: keep up the good work!

Colony Name: Planet: Rhodius et Melitensis   Faction Name: Sovereign Military Order of Malta

First Planet Type: 70% land 30% water on surface, but it has a very thick, nearly Venus-like atmosphere and humidity. Varied geography.

History: (Assuming it's a bit of a custom nation.) 

Thorughout the 2040's during the Red Cross Scandals that ruined the name of the international charity, the Sovereign Military Order of Malta began to overtake it in international relief projects and assistance to quickly urbanizing and modernizing nations. By the 2070's it had acquired vast amounts of funds for its projects and efforts across the world, and by the great panic it was as powerful as any of the burgeoning powers. In a grand effort to save those that could most feasibly save humanity, the Order and as many of its constituent volunteers and auxiliary members as it could fit in its new SMOM Lepanto boarded and warped out of the solar system. Its population was therefore made up of its 15,500 Knights, Dames, and House members, 24,000 auxiliaries and other qualified Order personnel, and its 60,500 most active and brightest volunteer corps members. Entry on the ship was limited to Catholics of masters-level learning, a noble pedigree, those already initiated as Knights or Dames of the Order, or those possessing savant-level ability in certain fields. Ten thousand of the volunteer corps members were selected for their ability in survival, engineering, or agricultural fields. It is run as it has always been run, with its Grand Master and Lieutenant the ones in charge, its Knights and Dames of different tiers making up its hierarchy and auxiliaries their subordinates.

The warp that the Order took brought them to an empty expanse near a system but not in it, and so it took the Order another two years to set up its colony. ((Reasoning for late entry))

Hierarchy: Grand Master - Lieutenant - 1st Class Knight - 2nd Class Knight - 3rd Class Knight - Auxiliary of the Order - Order Corps Member

Of the other planets in their solar system, one is a gas giant and the rest seem to be barren rocks according to initial surveys, and as such the Order has made little effort to expand past its colony.

Leader: Grand Master Fra' Jacques d'Amboise, 85th Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta

Map location: (Remember, fill a square and send it to me privately.) Randomize me boss.

OOC:

Username: Algoda

Ideas and Suggestions?:

Colony Name: Nordiska unionen (the Nordic Union)

First Planet Type: 3 kilometre thick glaciers and tundra covering 80% of the planet, only around the equator are where temperate climates can be found.

278EDD9A00000578-0-image-a-20_1429011135

When the news leaked that the sun was going to destroy the earth the peoples of the north panicked just like everyone else. Riots and revolts struck and almost brought the various nations down as they desperately tried to keep control. As the discovery of the interstellar drive was made public the governments of Denmark, Iceland, Greenland, Sweden, Norway and Finland soon realized that to put the technology to practical use they would have to spend enormous amounts of money and resources to get their own shot at making it to the stars. Resources that they didnt have. 

In a massive collaborative effort that has never been seen amongst the Nordic nations before they pulled everything their lands had to offer and funneled it into a massive colony ship. It was decided that this ship would be the start of a new nation called the Nordic Union, and that all nations would send their best and brightest minds to carry on the legacy of the northmen.

As a surprise move, the governments opted to individually evaluate and send the top researchers to go on the ship instead of having an open and democratic discussion regarding the limited seats. Before the public was made aware of what was happening, the ship had been launched and a new chapter had begun.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12887280

Dropping this little poll.

Considering to accept newcomers, if wanted. This will cut down the quality of my posts a bit though.

For such, vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/12887436

Map update:

ACr2nad.png

For everyone interested, applications are open again, feel free to apply again. Previous applications need to be redone.

12 minutes ago, MothMaul said:

Are Alien Factions open now?

Currently, no. And they may remain out of grasp, due to balancing them against the other players. If I was to open up an alien faction, then it's a preset one.

OOC:

Ideas and Suggestions?: why do i have to repost this

Colony Name: Planet: Rhodius et Melitensis   Faction Name: Sovereign Military Order of Malta

First Planet Type: 70% land 30% water on surface, but it has a very thick, nearly Venus-like atmosphere and humidity. Varied geography.

Thorughout the 2040's during the Red Cross Scandals that ruined the name of the international charity, the Sovereign Military Order of Malta began to overtake it in international relief projects and assistance to quickly urbanizing and modernizing nations. By the 2070's it had acquired vast amounts of funds for its projects and efforts across the world, and by the great panic it was as powerful as any of the burgeoning powers. In a grand effort to save those that could most feasibly save humanity, the Order and as many of its constituent volunteers and auxiliary members as it could fit in its new SMOM Lepanto boarded and warped out of the solar system. Its population was therefore made up of its 15,500 Knights, Dames, and House members, 24,000 auxiliaries and other qualified Order personnel, and its 60,500 most active and brightest volunteer corps members. Entry on the ship was limited to Catholics of masters-level learning, a noble pedigree, those already initiated as Knights or Dames of the Order, or those possessing savant-level ability in certain fields. Ten thousand of the volunteer corps members were selected for their ability in survival, engineering, or agricultural fields. It is run as it has always been run, with its Grand Master and Lieutenant the ones in charge, its Knights and Dames of different tiers making up its hierarchy and auxiliaries their subordinates.

The warp that the Order took brought them to an empty expanse near a system but not in it, and so it took the Order another two years to set up its colony. ((Reasoning for late entry))

Hierarchy: Grand Master - Lieutenant - 1st Class Knight - 2nd Class Knight - 3rd Class Knight - Auxiliary of the Order - Order Corps Member

Of the other planets in their solar system, one is a gas giant and the rest seem to be barren rocks according to initial surveys, and as such the Order has made little effort to expand past its colony.

Leader: Grand Master Fra' Jacques d'Amboise, 85th Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta

Map location: (Remember, fill a square and send it to me privately.) Randomize me boss.

OOC:

Username: HavocHunter33

Ideas and Suggestions?: Make some easier way then the forums to do this Rp or something like that.

Colony Name: The Remnants

First Planet Type: A water and island ridden island

Example:

Image result for Kashyyyk

History: The Remnants are a group of Human Survivors that weren't eligible to make it onto the colony ships. They were above average in smart and they were healthy, but they just didn't make the cut. They banned together to make Colony ships of they're own and planned to set off to meet up with the other Colony ships from the U.S.A. This didn't happen due to their ship getting knocked off course and sent to a different solar system entirely where they were....well.... Forgotten.

Map location: Got Chu Fam Just hit me with that random spot

On 7.5.2017 at 2:31 AM, Edeldrache said:

OOC:

Ideas and Suggestions?: why do i have to repost this

Thorughout the 2040's during the Red Cross Scandals that ruined the name of the international charity, the Sovereign Military Order of Malta began to overtake it in international relief projects and assistance to quickly urbanizing and modernizing nations. By the 2070's it had acquired vast amounts of funds for its projects and efforts across the world, and by the great panic it was as powerful as any of the burgeoning powers. In a grand effort to save those that could most feasibly save humanity, the Order and as many of its constituent volunteers and auxiliary members as it could fit in its new SMOM Lepanto boarded and warped out of the solar system. Its population was therefore made up of its 15,500 Knights, Dames, and House members, 24,000 auxiliaries and other qualified Order personnel, and its 60,500 most active and brightest volunteer corps members. Entry on the ship was limited to Catholics of masters-level learning, a noble pedigree, those already initiated as Knights or Dames of the Order, or those possessing savant-level ability in certain fields. Ten thousand of the volunteer corps members were selected for their ability in survival, engineering, or agricultural fields. It is run as it has always been run, with its Grand Master and Lieutenant the ones in charge, its Knights and Dames of different tiers making up its hierarchy and auxiliaries their subordinates.

On 7.5.2017 at 11:30 PM, HavocHunter33 said:

OOC:

Username: HavocHunter33

Ideas and Suggestions?: Make some easier way then the forums to do this Rp or something like that.

Colony Name: The Remnants

First Planet Type: A water and island ridden island

Example:

History: The Remnants are a group of Human Survivors that weren't eligible to make it onto the colony ships. They were above average in smart and they were healthy, but they just didn't make the cut. They banned together to make Colony ships of they're own and planned to set off to meet up with the other Colony ships from the U.S.A. This didn't happen due to their ship getting knocked off course and sent to a different solar system entirely where they were....well.... Forgotten.

Map location: Got Chu Fam Just hit me with that random spot

Assuming you reply me in Skype welcome aboard. Please hold off posting until I am done with my modpost. You will be added onto the map as well.

OOC:
Username: urukaresh

Ideas and Suggestions?:

RP (Human Colony)

Colony Name: Aegis

First Planet Type: Ocean (as in ALL Ocean)

Aegis is a group of industrialists and Researchers gathered from Greece and surrounding counties to be sent as envoys to start anew outside our home system. Led by Director Alexander. Aegis is meant to grow and if all goes well eventually create a New Earth for future generations to enjoy but until then Survival is the only mission objective.

After Leaving the Sol system and reaching The Planet dubbed Oasis and would begin by building landing pads on the surface of the water and from there building a Bio dome Underwater on the oceans floor connecting them with large elevator tubes Leaving the Colony ship in orbit to act as a temporary medium for Ground to Space operations and supply storage

Map location: (Remember, fill a square and send it to me privately.) Toss me somewhere

OOC:

Username: Zanderaw

Ideas and Suggestions?: N/A

Colony Name: The Han Dominion

First Planet Type: Largely Terran, but significantly colder. Most of the planet has a temperate climate, with some mist-shrouded rainforests near the equator. The Han call it Yuguo.

History: (Assuming it's a bit of a custom nation.) While the businessmen of China and their bought-and-paid-for political representatives looked to their own escape and founded the Republic of Xie,  the Chinese government pursued a different strategy. The National People’s Congress convened immediately following news of Earth’s impending destruction, and by the end of ten days of hot debate, they sanctioned the Council for the Preservation and Proliferation of the Culture of the Republic of China.

It would be the responsibility of this council to ensure that China would be preserved, by overseeing the construction of the colony ship and selecting who would be permitted to go on the exodus. But what its title didn’t make clear was that nearly every one of its members was a general or a veteran of the People’s Liberation Army.

Thus, fully a quarter of the ship’s crew was to be made up of the brightest officers and soldiers of the army, veteran and active alike. While only 5,000 were to be active soldiers on board the ship, 25,000 had been at some point. The remaining passengers were to come from only the finest of China’s vast stock: as less than 1% of 1% of the Chinese population could escape, the council could afford to be picky. An entire population of genius-level IQs, all distinguished in their fields, all ethnic Han Chinese, and all unshakably loyal to the state.

Despite the military makeup of the council, both the civilian leadership and the 75,000 civilian colonists insisted on non-military rule of the new colony. An assembly was elected from among the passengers, and they would be governing body of the expedition. But in the interstellar darkness, things rarely go as planned. The jump to Alpha Centauri failed more spectacularly than it had for any other expedition, and the Chinese ship was thrown to the edge of the galaxy itself, where stars are few and far between. Luckily, a habitable world was found...13 years of travel away.

Panic and riots set in almost immediately. The ship simply didn’t have enough supplies for the journey. Law and order began to break down, and the moment it did, the military faction stepped in. With a blend of nationalist rhetoric and brutal force, they whipped the passengers back into line, and the dreams for a utopian Chinese civilization were suddenly dashed. In replacement, there was a society of unyielding rules and structure. With an iron hierarchy, they marshalled the genius and talent of the passengers to solve the many problems of the ship, and they gave every citizen on board no choice but to endure the very minimum of the supplies needed to survive. And it worked: though the journey was harsh, the food less than filling, and the quarters uncomfortable, the Han arrived at the new planet alive.

Now they seek to forge a new nation. The Han no longer look back with nostalgia on old China: it was they who failed them, and sent them to die. It was the military dominion which saved them. The Dominion made them strong, made them defy impossible odds to settle here. The Dominion is the very will of the people: the bowstring which fires the arrow, the gunpowder which fires the bullet.

The Han Dominion will be victorious.

Map location: (Remember, fill a square and send it to me privately.)

Will do.

On 15.5.2017 at 5:45 AM, Yashrin said:

OOC:
Username: urukaresh

Ideas and Suggestions?:

RP (Human Colony)

Colony Name: Aegis

First Planet Type: Ocean (as in ALL Ocean)

Aegis is a group of industrialists and Researchers gathered from Greece and surrounding counties to be sent as envoys to start anew outside our home system. Led by Director Alexander. Aegis is meant to grow and if all goes well eventually create a New Earth for future generations to enjoy but until then Survival is the only mission objective.

After Leaving the Sol system and reaching The Planet dubbed Oasis and would begin by building landing pads on the surface of the water and from there building a Bio dome Underwater on the oceans floor connecting them with large elevator tubes Leaving the Colony ship in orbit to act as a temporary medium for Ground to Space operations and supply storage

Map location: (Remember, fill a square and send it to me privately.) Toss me somewhere

17 hours ago, Zanderaw said:

OOC:

Username: Zanderaw

Ideas and Suggestions?: N/A

Colony Name: The Han Dominion

First Planet Type: Largely Terran, but significantly colder. Most of the planet has a temperate climate, with some mist-shrouded rainforests near the equator. The Han call it Yuguo.

History: (Assuming it's a bit of a custom nation.) While the businessmen of China and their bought-and-paid-for political representatives looked to their own escape and founded the Republic of Xie,  the Chinese government pursued a different strategy. The National People’s Congress convened immediately following news of Earth’s impending destruction, and by the end of ten days of hot debate, they sanctioned the Council for the Preservation and Proliferation of the Culture of the Republic of China.

It would be the responsibility of this council to ensure that China would be preserved, by overseeing the construction of the colony ship and selecting who would be permitted to go on the exodus. But what its title didn’t make clear was that nearly every one of its members was a general or a veteran of the People’s Liberation Army.

Thus, fully a quarter of the ship’s crew was to be made up of the brightest officers and soldiers of the army, veteran and active alike. While only 5,000 were to be active soldiers on board the ship, 25,000 had been at some point. The remaining passengers were to come from only the finest of China’s vast stock: as less than 1% of 1% of the Chinese population could escape, the council could afford to be picky. An entire population of genius-level IQs, all distinguished in their fields, all ethnic Han Chinese, and all unshakably loyal to the state.

Despite the military makeup of the council, both the civilian leadership and the 75,000 civilian colonists insisted on non-military rule of the new colony. An assembly was elected from among the passengers, and they would be governing body of the expedition. But in the interstellar darkness, things rarely go as planned. The jump to Alpha Centauri failed more spectacularly than it had for any other expedition, and the Chinese ship was thrown to the edge of the galaxy itself, where stars are few and far between. Luckily, a habitable world was found...13 years of travel away.

Panic and riots set in almost immediately. The ship simply didn’t have enough supplies for the journey. Law and order began to break down, and the moment it did, the military faction stepped in. With a blend of nationalist rhetoric and brutal force, they whipped the passengers back into line, and the dreams for a utopian Chinese civilization were suddenly dashed. In replacement, there was a society of unyielding rules and structure. With an iron hierarchy, they marshalled the genius and talent of the passengers to solve the many problems of the ship, and they gave every citizen on board no choice but to endure the very minimum of the supplies needed to survive. And it worked: though the journey was harsh, the food less than filling, and the quarters uncomfortable, the Han arrived at the new planet alive.

Now they seek to forge a new nation. The Han no longer look back with nostalgia on old China: it was they who failed them, and sent them to die. It was the military dominion which saved them. The Dominion made them strong, made them defy impossible odds to settle here. The Dominion is the very will of the people: the bowstring which fires the arrow, the gunpowder which fires the bullet.

The Han Dominion will be victorious.

Map location: (Remember, fill a square and send it to me privately.)

Will do.

Both accepted. You are in the groupchat, I hope you are active enough. You are already free to post for this year.

OOC:

Username: Devland99

Ideas and Suggestions?: Let me play plz

Colony Name: Feldspar I

First Planet Type: Mountainous and heavily forested at ground level, 50% of it is water, this picture perfectly describes it.

Image result for Alien planets

History: The United Colonies Initiative was formed prior to the evacuation of Earth hastily preparing its newly commissioned colony vessel for warp travel. Designing their vessel to maintain a 100,000 souls and the needed materials, she was christened the U.C.I. Veldzan. Spending the year before the exodus recruiting and training its growing roster of citizens and ex-soldiers they attained over 80,000 civilians, 15,000 military personnel and 5,000 Officers/Political leaders and quickly loaded up the Veldzan the day of the Exodus. The Military arm of the UCI was strong and reminiscent of the United States Military with multiple branches and extensive training in their respective position. The citizens are diverse from the many countries on Earth, they are strong, eager, and optimistic of their future. Despite being a well trained and heavily funded organization it still faced difficulty keeping their trajectory in order with the unstable nature of the drive. They were dropped 16,000,000 kilometers from any planet and began scanning, within a weeks time they found Feldspar I. Their options spent they were to travel to Feldspar I but with their pre-exodus engines it would take years to reach their intended destination.  

Map location: Let's be ballsy and put me anywhere you want.

On 2.7.2017 at 4:23 AM, Devland99 said:

OOC:

Username: Devland99

Ideas and Suggestions?: Let me play plz

Colony Name: Feldspar I

First Planet Type: Mountainous and heavily forested at ground level, 50% of it is water, this picture perfectly describes it.

Image result for Alien planets

History: The United Colonies Initiative was formed prior to the evacuation of Earth hastily preparing its newly commissioned colony vessel for warp travel. Designing their vessel to maintain a 100,000 souls and the needed materials, she was christened the U.C.I. Veldzan. Spending the year before the exodus recruiting and training its growing roster of citizens and ex-soldiers they attained over 80,000 civilians, 15,000 military personnel and 5,000 Officers/Political leaders and quickly loaded up the Veldzan the day of the Exodus. The Military arm of the UCI was strong and reminiscent of the United States Military with multiple branches and extensive training in their respective position. The citizens are diverse from the many countries on Earth, they are strong, eager, and optimistic of their future. Despite being a well trained and heavily funded organization it still faced difficulty keeping their trajectory in order with the unstable nature of the drive. They were dropped 16,000,000 kilometers from any planet and began scanning, within a weeks time they found Feldspar I. Their options spent they were to travel to Feldspar I but with their pre-exodus engines it would take years to reach their intended destination.  

Map location: Let's be ballsy and put me anywhere you want.

You are accepted. Your colony will be slightly established already, SL 2, 140,000 people, 2 frigates. I will give you a map location in the next update.