Onwards [Sci-Fi Nation FRP - RP]

Z3r05t4r

qs0WOrn.png

Synth-Wine Currently 50% Off at All Participating Stores!

396f4e96c978a278af2fecc88de1f5a7.jpg

The barren, rocky landscape of Hades rapidly passed below the luxury transport. One of the finest, automated flyers to come out of Rudolf-Kessler Automotive that year, it was the current rage in subsidiary admin and executive circles. Alaya Penrith wasn’t entirely comfortable with the prospect of having no pilot, but lately she had found privacy very attractive. Being able to drink while in the transport also appealed, where other private vehicles would require her to be entirely sober. Certainly no fun to be had there.

She sighed, and leaned back in her hand-made leather seat. “Olga,” she spoke to the autopilot after another sip of wine, “how much longer until we reach our destination?” The transport’s computer only accepted human languages, which bothered her. English and German were barbarous, unpleasant languages to vocalize. They lacked the subtle and smooth nuances of the Terraskolarian and Sayrn language trees.

The calm, female voice of the autopilot answered.
“Approximately two hours, twenty-three minutes, Frau Penrith, not accounting for local smog-fields and traffic.”

Alaya smiled and swirled the wine in her glass. The anticipation was nearly unbearable. At first she was in tears when Ryan Seacrest brought her the evidence of John’s infidelity, but now she only felt righteous anger, and vengeful glee at the brutality of her next move. She would reap the field of the past fifteen years and make his life a living hell. 

She could still remember the day John Penrith had walked into the Grand Alliance’s psionic academy. So confident and funny, he was. And how playful he was with his words when they first met. She was barely sixteen at the time--so young. So utterly naive and stupid. Fifteen years she put up with lonely nights, and lonelier days. He grew increasingly distant as the years dragged on until they only saw one-another every few weeks. She had foolishly thought he was busy being a CEO, now it seemed so much more obvious. If only her anchor hadn’t arrived, she would be happily divorced a decade ago. One must always do right by one’s children, even if they were irritating. 

But in the here and now, there was very little wine left; very little wine and so many, many hours to go. She had noted that one of the transport’s features was a built-in local holo-communications system. There was a fire burning in the depths of her stomach, and she was ready to spew it out vitriol and all.

“Olga, please connect me to John Penrith.” She tilted her glass up high, and emptied it in one gulp. She wanted to see his face sink when she told him, and she couldn’t wait any longer.

“Ja, Mrs Penrith. Sending contact request codes. Your call will connect soon. Thank you for utilising Quant-Tel Local Holo-Call.” Alaya rolled her eyes with a sigh. Even the smaller Hephaestus eccentricities were beginning to grate on her.

After a tense moment of electrical beeps and buzzes, the stern face of John Penrith flickered on the holo-display. Cigar in one hand, and pouring a glass of whiskey in the other, the man seemed almost resigned. Perhaps he suspected she knew?

“Hello, Alaya.” He said monotonously. “I thought you had another week on Aphrodite? I hoped you’d at least finish that very expensive holiday-“

“Don’t you lecture me on money, you cheating, pre-spaceflight monkey.” She spat, digging her fingernails into the leather armrest. “I came back early because I have some choice words for you and those whores you’ve been entertaining.”

John clenched his jaw, and slowly extinguished his cigar in a crystal ashtray. “Name your price.”

Ayala paused. This was not the reaction she had anticipated. John was usually far more animated when they habitually argued. “My price?” She stammered.

“Yeah, sweetheart. How much money do you want so you won’t tell anyone?” John wasn’t even looking her in the eye, but instead staring at the bottom of his whiskey glass. This seemed to deeply annoy her for some reason.

“Well let’s see, John. How much is my entire youth worth in HEcreds? Adding in a little extra for a decade of humiliation, childbirth, and wasted affection, I’m rather sure you don’t have enough money to give me.”

John closed his eyes and nodded. He looked very uncomfortable, and this was at least a teensy bit satisfying. “I’ll tell you what I do want, though,” she continued. “I’d like a little bit of Hephaestus stock. Specifically, your stock, John. About half of it would be ample compensation, along with the divorce papers, yes?”

John rubbed his temple and shook his head slowly. “You know I can’t do that.”

“Ah but you see, John,” Alaya grinned. This would be the first time she’d ever invoked this little power. Her voice was almost shaking with excitement. “If you don’t give me this stock, I will inform my brother, Emperor Datrax, that you have been cheating on his sister all this time. I have a feeling the Lithruans will be far less disposed towards Hephaestus. All those trade contracts, all that good-will, ‘poof.’ Finished.” Her grin widened as John looked her in the eye for the first time. She wasn’t really sure what emotion he was experiencing at this moment. Fear? Anger? Entrapment? It was almost like a combination of all three, and she loved it.

“I guess I don’t have a choice, then.” He murmured. “For what it’s worth, I’m sorry.”

“Save your apologies for when I arrive, John.” She snapped with a poisonous sneer. “You can blubber them as you sign the papers.”

“Yeah, nah.” John shook his head, as he pulled out a second cigar. “Don’t think so, mate. You should have negotiated seriously.” And with that, the transmission cut. Much to the surprise of Alaya—the nerve of that bastard! Was he planning to weather the media storm?

“Frau Penrith,” The transport’s computer chimed. “Are you sure you want to activate manual controls? It is not recommended for pilots without credentials.”

Alaya stared at the autopilot’s speaker in her tipsy stupor. “What?”

“Affirmative, activating manual controls.”

The transport’s nose suddenly dipped towards the earth. The screaming engines only barely eclipsed Alaya’s own shrieks of terror as the craft barreled downwards. Though her instincts drove her to grasp the controls, they weren’t responsive. Manual control was activated, but it was not connected to her transport. “Current projections indicate that you may experience an accident on this route.” The autopilot calmly stated. “Do you wish to change your destination?”

Alaya proceeded to scream her approval for the idea. “Error,” the autopilot continued, “The term ‘destination’ is not recognized. Please choose your new destination.” Alaya had stopped screaming. The ground was close. Her mind was blank. She inhaled sharply.

The craft smashed into an ancient impact crater, the engine igniting the oxygen in the cockpit and creating a brief, sputtering explosion in the vacuum of Hades’ airless barrens. The smoldering wreck quickly cooled, but within the twisted metal a tiny power unit remained online.

“Warning,” an electronic voice addressed to no-one in particular. “Restoring black-box to factory default will delete all previous flight data. Are you sure you wish to continue?” After a short moment of silence, the voice rang out for the last time. “Affirmative, factory settings restored. Thank you for purchasing Rudolf-Kessler Automotives’ Falcon omni-environmental executive transport. Please refer to the operation manual to activate your black-box flight recorder.”

But there was no answer.

John Penrith closed his holo-comm. He was silent for a moment, before lighting up his cigar and taking a long drag. “Bloody shame, that.” He mumbled. “Still, it was necessary to keep the Corporation’s integrity, yeah?”

“Oh yeah, b-boss. Definitely!” Wilfred Cooper squeaked from his chair while wiping a hefty trickle of sweat from his balding head. “Threatening Hephaestus with her brother? T-that’s downright f-f-fiendish! No other choice, for sure!”

“I agree,” Roxanne Marawai purred as she waltzed up to John’s chair wearing an expression of convincing sympathy. “Though the hag definitely had it coming, there was simply no negotiating with her. I think you should give her an auspicious funeral and you can wash your hands of this.” With a dancer’s grace, she leaned over to his ear, and whispered something breathy and indecent. Though no-one could hear it, it definitely made the CEO smile.

“Well, I guess aside from the cleanup, that’s all dealt with.” John turned to the two silent figures still sitting in the room. “How’s that going, by the way?”

The oldest of the pair appeared somber as he shut down and carefully disassembled a mobile command console. The youngest was trying and failing to mask his beaming pride.

“The flyer’s box has been wiped.” Jim Bean stated plainly. “I’ll make sure the investigation comes to the right conclusion, and dispose of my local recording.” He didn’t look at John once as he spoke—something the CEO took note of.

“And you,” John turned to the younger man. “This Ryan Seacrest bloke been dealt with yet?”

Liam Fulamius smiled mischievously and nodded. “Better than dealt with, Mr Penrith. Once I’m done, this guy won’t ever have existed!”

“Good.” John nodded at Liam with a smile. “You were smart to bring this to me directly. Really saved the Corporation one hell of a headache. You’re probably owed a decent promotion for all this. What do you reckon, Jim?”

The old negotiator nodded as he finished packing up the terminal. “You’re the boss, Mr Penrith.”

“Yes. Yes I am.” He swung around in his large, leather armchair and stared out into the industrial jungle that littered the skyline. Regarding it quietly for a moment, he glanced back at his employees. “You lot bugger off, yeah? I’d like some time alone.”

As they filed out, Roxanne gazed at him with a small smile which John happily returned. “After dinner, Rox.” She winked at him, and glided towards the elevator with the others.

In the silence of his office, John gazed down at the billowing smokestacks of Hades, and slowly exhaled. It was like an enormous weight had been lifted off his shoulders--or more accurately, a frustrating obligation had been removed from his life. He felt slightly giddy, and turned to his desk.

“Command: Access: Music files: play ‘Straight Lines,’ by Silverchair.”

As the music began, he loosened his tie, and stood up from his chair.

He began to dance.

An investigation into the disappearance of Alaya Penrith began after she failed to arrive at the Hab 01 docking airlock. Witnesses and recordings from the spaceport confirmed she had arrived on Hades and departed the port the same evening. After searching probable flight paths, rescue teams discovered the wreckage of a transport that matched the model of Alaya’s and a singular deceased occupant. Though identification was difficult due to the damage to her body, DNA confirmed her identity.

Examining her cadaver, Corporate morticians reported that her blood had a high alcohol content. HERMES examinations of the flyer indicated that the manual controls had been activated midway through her journey. Though they hoped for a flight recording, it appeared that Alaya hadn’t activated her black-box.

The investigation concluded that Mrs Alaya Penrith had, under the influence of alcohol, switched to her manual controls and due to her lack of piloting accreditation or experience crashed her transport. When questioned, witnesses stated that she had entered her flyer with alcohol in hand and appeared to be in a hurry.

CEO John Penrith was unavailable for comment outside of standard investigation procedure, but requested that all Corporate news subsidiaries show respect for his family during this time of mourning or be fired.

Having so recently lost his father, Hephaestus Employees felt nothing but sympathy for their beleaguered employer. Some wondered if he would ever recover from the cavalcade of tragedies. His daughter also had not been seen for some time, and it was assumed the drastically reduced family were spending time together.

AP TO COME LATER.

The State of Elysium

Population: 4,218,476

[Abbreviated due to activity]

When the Elysians went to Michael with a request for his help, they were rather surprised at his willingness to aid the state without much negotiation. Indeed, Michael asserted rather plainly that his failure to help the Elysians now would certainly result in his own destruction. In his opinion, helping his creators was not only morally correct, but it was also a necessity should he wish to continue living himself.

Despite the entry of Michael into the ranks of the Elysian military, the strategic situation still looks incredibly grim. The State of Elysium is entirely surrounded with attackers every day probing the state’s defenses. Most worlds are essentially evacuated and brought to the capital, Elysium. Those evacuated worlds continue to be defended by the military and robotic workers (not sentient androids) continue to harvest and maintain the strategically critical farmlands supplying the State and the Zaxx.

Actions
AP: 242

207 AP - Utilizing the shipyards in Elysium and space in the nearby Zaxx sector, a large number of ships are constructed once more [18 Light Cruisers, 9 Heavy Cruisers, 5 Destroyers, 2 Support Carriers].

30 AP - Along with the new ships being produced, 2000 fighters and 1000 bombers are produced with the aid of the Zyrka. They are fitted with the best technological innovations that the Zyrka can provide and are immediately deployed to the Chariot of Liberty CSG.

5  AP - Michael’s capabilities are explored to see where he can best fit. Alongside that effort, more androids are beginning to be produced with some supervision by willing Zyrka. They are not immediately asked to join the military, instead simply serving in roles wherever they wish.

The Han Dominion

Autumn, HSC 11

Year of the Dog

ugql1P-mmOtN2end-Lt1VxwUEp9qWcalUiaxJoIed_H10TbGFK9mWj-ZBWai8vRxv8Xz6bbJ4rf7_8Zrhg9ySehom97Z05bHDQHUgBr89PDkXvKY2mO_ELxlIdkC4wkwuwhCxvMJ

Yimu was never a man to feel guilty. But these days, he was beginning to feel tired.

Yuguo floated in the space before him, and for a long moment he considered going home. Perhaps if he decloaked now and presented himself, the Lithruans would be merciful. But Yuguo was ruled by Dai Hanying now, and in truth he knew he would most likely be killed on sight. No, he could never go home.

Still, he stared at the planet. The traffic around its atmosphere was busy, busier than it had ever been under the Dominion. Even today, it held more Han than anywhere else in the universe. Yimu’s father had led them there, and then died there himself. His brother had died there, by Yimu’s own hand. His wife had died there too, murdered by bloodthirsty clones who targeted schools and hospitals. His son….was alive and well, but the last time they spoke had been here.

Nearly all those relationships were victims of his own ambition. And ever since the war, that ambition had robbed him of the planet itself. He would not bow to an alien dictator, and so he could never return. Such a high price, and for what?

The Han shook his head, and had the Black Fleet’s destroyer turn to leave the system. He would return to Hanguo, where a thousand ongoing operations required his attention. All of them would lead to more deaths. Few would yield results. But still, Yimu would give the orders, and when those plots came up against dead ends, he would dream up new ones. It was an endless cycle that had killed billions without their knowledge and gained Yimu nothing, but he would never stop. It was his nature.

----------

The galaxy quakes with fear as they learn what Shi Yimu has already discovered: that the Ar’gakari never captured their own guardian, that in fact a guardian cannot be captured, that these invaders have been sent by their gods as nothing more than tools. As they mobilize to fight the outsiders, Yimu returns to his own domain to rest and brood. The Han want nothing of this war, indeed can do nothing, and they turn their attention inward. A vast sense of ennui seems to take the upper ranks of government, centered around one man who is tired of losing.

In this atmosphere, Shi Feng is a refreshing source of energy. Still barely on speaking terms with his father, Feng makes inroads with the Dominion government and quickly gains responsibility expanding the state’s military capabilities. Unless the Jinyiwei becomes suddenly more willing to exercise its influence, there may soon be a resurgence of factional politics....

----------

Han Stats Link:

Summary:

Apotheosis. [25 AP]

The Dominion’s shipyards are full to capacity, producing more light freighters. [38 AP]

The shipyard already in expansion is expanded more. [3 AP, it needs another 2 for SL4]

With Indian refugees flooding into the Dominion, the old colony ship being kept in reserve is sent south. As the Dominion lacks itoron and refuses to trade for it, the ship has particular instructions to survey all potential systems for resources. [0 AP, founding colony.]

ilDDEfKVU3ZynFwEoyg6w0oOv9fSPQfympvx6PZdLjtkNDiTkS-8nDM8_6m0FoKmBCBVyOv6-pymjzOryIs6iNHribkDAgOsd4m5hnBO019RhsC5U9N3iga7NLGN3rOSs9ZDhaN0

Edited by Zanderaw

The Trade Federation

Tony stared down at the cigar. It hung off the lip of his ashtray, its end roiling red, spurting forth little waves of smoke into the air. There, harsh blasts of cold air punched it into eddies that swirled around until they faded into the growing haze, hanging at the top of the room like a low cloud. At least it helped obscure the harsh neon lights, so adored by the scientists he was forced to spend time with these past years. With a little buzz and a click, the cybernetic half of his face clicked back into place and the metal plate covered the inner working of his skull once more.

He rolled his neck slowly and cracked his jaw, a finger running along the seam where bone melded into steel. There was no world in which he would pretend to be anything but the drug-addled leader of a corporation driven by unbridled greed. It would his destroy his reputation to deviate from such an image. Yet as he stared into the thick glass in front of him, he could see the other side of the story. His flesh was red and swolen along the seams of his cybernetics. It almost glowed with pain, chaffed continually, pulled at by his every move until the itching and pain brought him so close to the brink that he could only throw himself eagerly into a stupor of drugs and alcohol to numb the pain.

Certainly, his people had long ago found a way to transfer his mind, yet it pained him to consider this option, and the risks that it entailed. More than that, he had little interest for a body of flesh. Not after all this time. The drugs had become as much a cage as a pleasure, a vice made of thorns that clenched around his throat. Only the cool lack of sensitivity from his cybernetics were spared the discomforts of his body.

Sunken, exhausted eyes stared back at him from the window. Hadn’t they once gleamed with energy and ambition? He couldn’t remember now. He had more money than he could ever spend and held more power than most in his hand, but he lacked the energy to deploy it. A small snort escaped his lips. Hell, he’d given away TAROT to the entire galaxy for free. Had his father seen that, he may as well have shot him before Tony ever had a chance to return the favor.

A small ping emenated from his pocket and he lifted up his phone. A face appeared upon its screen, a gaunt man with nigh-translucent skin and cybernetic eyes. “Sir, they’re ready to show you the breakthrough.”

“Good, I’ll be there in a moment.” He rose slowly and looked at the small table in front of him. It was a mess of neat lines and scattered powder. He stared at it for a few moments, his half a face twisted, as if in inner turmoil. Then he bent his head, gave a great snort, stood up, shook his head and plastered his ever-knowing smile upon his face.

max-jarl-christiansen-scifi-man.jpg?1521657431

Actions

260 + 500

Project Binary Twilight (760AP) (2300AP invested)

Kingdom of Britannia/Silver Knight Corporation

aEQKQ2P.png

"Keep Calm, Perform Professionally"

Spoiler

The Council of the Armathwaite Corporation

Chief Executive and King, Edward Armathwaite

Crown Prince Alfred Armathwaite

Defense Minister, General William Tanner

First Space Lord, Admiral of the Fleet James McGraw

Minister for Innovation/Chief Engineer Shinzo Sato

Minister for Science/Chief Scientist Miranda Keynes

Governor/Chief Executive of Gibraltar Stanley Hunt

Governor/Chief Executive of Falkland Rex Tucker

Chief Inspector of Huizhou Police Station James O'Mally

Colony Stats

Armathwaite:

Population - 1,955,643 Humans, 236,759 Tassareans, 192,066 Redons, 48,510 Human-Redons, 46,856 Human-Tassareans, 197,342 Galaron, 14,175 Human-Redon-Tassareans, 25,200 Redon-Tassareans, 20,680  Karass (2,737,231 Total)

Royal Security Forces - 40,000

Royal Navy Active and Reserve Naval Personnel - 90,000

High Skilled Workforce (Science and Engineer Corps, Executives and Administrators) - 250,000

Low Skilled Labour (Farmers, Builders, Factory Workers etc) - 370,000

Shipyard Level:  6

Tile Improvements: 200 Business

New Gibraltar:

Population - 273,304 Humans

Royal Security Forces - 10,000

High Skilled Workforce (Science and Engineer Corps, Executives and Administrators) - 30,000

Low Skilled Labour (Farmers, Builders, Factory Workers, Miners) - 60,000

Shipyard Level: 6

Tile Improvements: 29 Industry

Falkland:

Population - 186,343 Humans

Royal Security Forces - 5,000

High Skilled Workforce (Science and Engineer Corps, Executives and Administrators) - 20,000

Low Skilled Labour (farmers, Builders, Factory Workers, Miners) - 30,000

Tile Improvement: 125 Agriculture

Newfoundland:

Population - 86,959 Humans

Backhatta Specially Administered Zone:

Population: 373,884 Backhatta

Tile Improvement: 125 Agriculture

New Albion (Former K.U.S Capital Renamed):

Population - 770,223 Humans, 32,161 Tassereans, 45,802 Grgl, 5,750 Human-Tassareans

Shipyard Level: 5

Cumbria:

Population - 284,189 Humans

New Bavaria (Utopie):

Population - 74,537 Humans

Shipyard Level: 2

New Hanover:

Population - 74,537 Humans

Total Population: 3,705,735 Humans, 1,239,185 Xenos (4,944,920 Total)

Military

65,000 Ground Forces

10,000 Mech Suit Operators (Standard Mech Suit Line)

1000 Mech Suit Fighter Pilots (Gawain Suits)

200 Mech Special Forces (Gawain Suits)

90,000 Active and Reserve Naval Personnel

Orbital Defense Belt

2 East India Light Freighter

1 East India Regular Freighter

30 Cumberland Class Corvettes

24 Carlisle Class Frigates

19 Duke Class Destroyers

1 Wessex Class Support Carrier

18 King William Class Light Cruiser

11 Victory Class Heavy Cruiser

4 Gibraltar Class Battleships

3 Ark Royal Class Carriers

1 Dreadnought Class Dreadnought (Itoron-Dakite)

200 Strike Suit Fighters (Outdated)

2300 Gawain Class Mech Fighters

5,000 Squire Class Light Infantry Mech

1,400 Robin-Hood Class Anti-Armour Mech

1,400 Yeoman Class Anti-Air Mech

1,400 Galahad Class Heavy Infantry Mech

1,400 Siegfried Class Heavy Mech

Technology

Warp Drive

Quantum Communication

Advanced Exoskeleton Design (Mech Technology 81AP Invested in Total)

Railgun Technology (Longshot 40AP, Traded from Edonia)

Artificial Gravity

Transformable Mech (Strike Suit Fighter)

Xylorite Torpedoes

Xylorite Reactors

Duo-Infused Reactors

Project Lancelot (Phase 1)

Miniaturized Xylorite Reactors

Dual Phased Shields

Tri Phased Shields (Traded from Thule)

Miniaturized Shield Technology (Dual Phased)

Gawain Mech Suits (Mark 2)

Swarmer Missiles (Manufactured on Contract with Hephaestus)

Laser Technology (Manufactured on Contract with Hephaestus)

Gatling Laser (Small, Medium and Large, mixed use for Mechs and as turrets)

Mech Missile Pods (Ground to Air, Ground to Ground)

Miniaturized Rail Guns for Mechs (Mechs only, maybe put on tanks later)

Concentrated Laser Cannons (Mechs, i.e a laser for the mech to use as a secondary weapon of sorts)

Combat AI for Mech

Miniaturized Duo Infused Xylorite Reactor

Disruptor Technology (Tier 5)

Disruptor Lance Technology (T3)

Disruptor Small Arms (T3)

Facilities

Advanced Production Fabricators (Armathwaite)

Orbital Defense Belt (Armathwaite)

Shipyard (Armathwaite, Level 4)

Mining Infrastructure (New Gibraltar)

Police Compound (Huizhou)

The Bank of Armathwaite (Armathwaite)

SGTC (Armathwaite, Level 4)

Shipyards: Armathwaite (Level 5), New Gibraltar (Level 5)

Trade Partners

“Human” Republic

Hephaestus Enterprises

Trade Federation

United States of Arcturus

Frontier Colony Affiliation

Four Tiger Holdings

Redon Imperium

Backhatta Hive

Protorian Council

Cevelli Pact

Cynn Foundation

Cooperative of Lorbi

Galaron Republic

Ascardian Principate

Libellan Union
Confederation of Xalphonius

Tassaran Republic

New Siam

Asgardian Republic

Kyber Corp

Investments

Business: 280

Industry: 50

Agriculture: 250

Production (AP)

Base: 4

Trade: 14

Colonies: 9

Population: 16

Center of Southern Galactic Trade: 6

Federation: 14

Grand Bank of Armathwaite Trade Bonus: 14

Grand Bank of Armathwaite Business Bonus: 14

Business: 56

Industry: 4

Agriculture: 20

Banking: 2

Expansion: 5

GTC: 2

Mines: 14

Maintenance: -8

Shipyard Usage: 46

Manufacturing Deal: 1000

Total: 186 (Base) 1,232 (This turn only)

National Idea

Legacy of the Empire: Through uniting the British Peoples through the annexation of the K.U.S, Armathwaite formed into the Kingdom of Britannia. Combining the Economic benefits from Armathwaite business and the Military ideals and abilities from the Autocratic K.U.S. Granting the Boon of the Grand Bank of Armathwaite and ensuring that Britannia’s Navy can be built at the cost usually reserved for Autocracies.

Naval Registry

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15mt6o2chdL5wvX_JVvJ1BOX5hFS6BcwwGZL8cASOPiY/edit?usp=sharing

Activity

Britannia had accepted nearly a million refugees from the North though while seeming like an act of charity was merely done out of self interest with the Britannians wishing for a larger human population to continue to push what the nation is capable of. The Regency continues but Edward while with Seelil is still stating he will not abdicate and that he must die for Alfred to succeed him thus ensuring that Alfred can rule alone without his own influence.

Redskap buyout much of the shipyard capacity of Britannia for the year, allowing for ship construction and profits for the Corporations constructing their required ships alleviating some of the financial pressures put on Britannia by the ongoing refugee crisis. This has caused Naval Production for the Royal Navy to receive less funding angering some in the Admiralty as the Civilian Oligarchs managed to secure the majority of the budget as opposed to the Oligarchs in the Military.

A massive contract was awarded to Britannia, combat supplies in the amount of ten million units were required to be manufactured and Britannia was able to fulfil the contract. Though the profit margins were not exactly what Britannian Merchants had hoped for, no Anglo would scoff at the opportunity and would set to work producing these many millions of goods. With the profits it could be reinvested in strengthening the Britannian Economy and seeking to buy up foreign assets, liabilities and debts to integrate the economy with others and make the services the Britannian provide invaluable.

Activity Points

333 AP is spent on manufacturing the contracted goods for the client. (Using Hephaestus Manufacturies 200% Manufacturing Bonus)

85 AP is spent on housing and supporting the incoming 850,000 human refugees from the North.

100 AP is spent enhancing and improving the Counter-Intelligence Network of Britannia, seeking to route out any potential infiltrators and generally improving internal security.

100 AP is spent on Business.

18AP is spent on constructing 3 Heavy Cruisers

3 AP is spent on a Destroyer

15AP is spent on a 3 Support Carriers.

24 AP is spent on building 3 Battleships

200 AP Is spent on improving Industry

20AP Is spent on advertising again to win another contract for manufacturing for the following year.

80 AP is spent on upgrading the Level 6 Shipyard to a Level 7

100 AP is spent on buying up Lithruan Empire debt

154 AP is spent on the Android Project

Epilogue

2163 and onwards,...

“Fifty-five years ago, mankind left Earth. They embarked on a journey that would lead them through a time marked by violence, ambition, cruelty, but also prosperity, peace and even hope. Tethering on the brink of extinction the Humans found themselves at odds with one another, but also at odds with the world around them. Foreign, they all were, other races, other beings like them. Sentient, intelligent, loyal, deceitful, power-hungry, vigilant, quiet and loud. Dozens of races.

Left with no choice, most of man decided that it was important to show strength and live with these foreign entities. For some it was rewarded, for others it was punished. Because as mankind was mankind, these other species were themselves. In the end however, nobody was able to foresee those years ago, that it would come to these circumstances, that their home galaxy, the Milky Way would be in the path of not a destructive, but devouring storm that was raging across the universe.

Man caught in the midst of it all, unexpectedly, unprepared, but not giving up hope, continuing their endless struggle against what seemed a determined fate of extinction… what follows are some of their stories, events that transpired in this timeline.

The Drag’nix. The sickness that plagues the universe, the remnant of a war between the mightiest there are, the Guardians. When the universe came into existence, it was the highest instance that created the guardians, with the purpose of being guiding and as the name says, guarding entities of the galactic clusters they were assigned to. Eons came and went. The first galactic cluster, where the first Guardian was born to observe, learn and guide whatever species may come, was the birthplace of this universe spanning conflict. This first Guardian was flawed, as he had a shadow lingering with him, that manifested itself soon enough to become what is known as Guardian Zero. Both bound to the First Galactic Cluster, they were at odds of how things should go amongst these oceans and lakes of stars.

As Guardian Zero was denied a galaxy to maintain and watch over, he grew increasingly angered about all the other Guardians who were born and assigned to the new galaxies that were forming at that time. Jealous of all the other guardians and intent to destroy it all to make it even for everyone, so nobody would have any stars to protect, he made the Drag'nix. Mind you, that is their Alduu’uuranean name. They have as many names as galaxies have encountered them.

The Drag’nix began to fester and devour the whole first galactic cluster. Star by star. Unable to do anything, as they were protected by the very essence of his twin, Guardian One fled. At some point in time nobody knows how time had passed, he arrived in the Milky Way. The local guardian, 42 was fully aware of his presence, but as he was young he could not know what was going to happen. Life had yet to form in the Milky Way. Guardian One was a step ahead and gave life to a species that would later become the Firstborn. The Saryn. He had the intention that they would be able to protect the Milky Way for their Guardian from the Drag’nix.

After creating chosen species in as many galaxies as he could, he returned to the first galaxy, only to find his twin having grown stronger steadily. More and even mightier Drag’nix were his creations, as they chewed away at all that was left. At this point Guardian One only had one choice, a decision these immortal and insanely powerful beings usually don’t make. The First Guardian destroyed himself along with his shadow, exterminating them both entirely from existence. At least that was the plan, but as the Drag’nix were made, Guardian Zero gave them his very essence and their final order before he perished. Devour it all.

Psionic powers stem from the guardians. They manifest in some species, and not in others, then to various degrees too. The Drag’nix was a species that was inherently psionic, as by the essence of Guardian Zero. But so were the Saryn who were made by the First Guardian. Amongst them one was born with the name Royall. He had so much power concentrated in him, that he was capable of manipulating whole worlds at his leisure. Following the Zyban’s folly in the creation of the Replicants, Royall sacrificed himself to have his mind incorporated in the massive weapon called the Terror of Daandaaril Loor. A weapon that can extinguish the life essence of an entire species in one stroke. This was foreseen by the first Guardian who knew that Royall would be integral to the time when the Drag’nix arrived in the Milky Way. The only question that remained unsolved up until then, what would the people of that very galaxy do?

Forewarned by Royall’s former student Salraku Remvate, a Protorian, the 42nd guardian called the neighbouring guardians to aid, asking them to manipulate their chosen species to come over to help fight the Drag’nix if they’d arrive. That did not quite go as intended, as the young species were all but quarrelling children on a galactic sandbox as a tornado was approaching. Fighting eachother instead of preparing for the impending doom, Guardian 42 could only watch. And hope.”

What follows are some events that transpired for the successor nations in these final years.

“The Frontier Kolranate Affiliation, more of a ragtag band of tribesmen than a proper nation with clear defined rulers and boundaries would find itself soon pressed into full service for the Redon Imperium, a fate quite shared with all other Kolranates. Whilst the newly discovered psionic powers of their leader were outstanding, without the practice of decades he proved to be little more than a blip in the endless carnage that ensued when the Drag’nix broke through the desperate defences of the Allied Council and other species in the Milky Way. Their homeworld was consumed by the hordes without further ado, leaving very few alive who might even call them citizens of what once was called Utopia.

The Commonwealth of Redskap suffered a less drastic fate, being rather out of harms way, and thanks to the tireless efforts of the Saryn and the nearby Ganvius, swarm incursions into their space were rare, allowing them to retain their infrastructure and nation. Their continuous efforts to provide production capacities and resources to the Allied Council, in later years even for free, proved to be beneficial to delaying the Drag’nix for as long as possible and to help protect as much of livable space as possible.

Following the complete annihilation of the Eastern Galaxy over the span of two years, as well as the decisive losses of the battles at GTC-2 and Tassarea, nothing could stop the tide of Drag’nix as the former homeworlds of the Slavic Federation were consumed by the ravenous nature of those beings. Nira Usenko, a long-served ruler and then commander of the Republic would fall at Tassarea whilst in command of one of their Titan class ships. The president of the Republic dies on New Moscow, unwilling to leave behind the cold world he has come to love so much, detonating sixteen Xylorite warheads with him, breaking up large stretches of the planet’s surface, killing millions of Drag’nix. The capital system of the Human Republic was beset upon merely two days after the Grgl homeworld Xaplo fell victim to the swarm. However, whilst during the ground combat and defense the Drag’nix met their final demise in the Milky Way, they destroyed large stretches of the cityscape and killed hundreds of thousands of inhabitants and refugees.

Upon advice of the Redon Koratak II., the Asgard Republic after sending countless soldiers to their death, isolated themselves underneath the thick icesheets of their homeworld in the frozen over underground city of the Saryn. This preserved them and with a complete shutdown spared them of the fate other worlds would suffer as they were consumed by the Drag’nix. Once the threat was over, Asgard returned to space, to find it forever changed.

Four Tigers Holdings completely shut down as the last nearby bastion of Ar’gakari and Zaxx forces fell. With complete radio silence, they spent four years living in the shadows and the threat that a Drag’nix swarm might happen to come by and devour them as they did with others before. Five years after the death of the Drag’nix they sent a probe, merely to find endless stretches of dead space filled with the corpses and frozen remnants of what uses to be the most dangerous species of the universe.

Sinchil Penrith would find herself robbed of a lot of wealth, as the Drag’nix ravaged and destroyed two thirds of Hephaestus’ space, assets and killed almost half of its inhabitants. As her father was publicly executed for murdering her very own mother, she had grown to resent society and cared little for the losses, as she soon returned to be the matriarch of Hephaestus, ready and eager to rebuild, repair and most importantly, profit.

The State of Elysium was a beacon of hope to the last. With the Zaxx’s fortifications and manpower that flooded in, they were able to withstand the onslaught for four years, until they ran out of ammunition and energy, with the Drag’nix rolling over their space and consuming everything they could grab hold of. Not all was lost, as the Ar’gakari voluntarily picked up as many citizens and people of Elysium as they could on their World Ships and left straight for Andromeda. There they would find themselves another world, given for their steadfastness in all things, to rebuild. In this new world where a sentient AI was so integrated into society, Michael finally came to terms with himself and found the peace and purpose he so long sought after.

The Han Dominion secluding themselves in the far distance from the terror from the North was facing internal issues. Following the instability on Rontus, they were uncovered to be the primary cause for the World War that ensued on that world, which devolved into a nuclear exchange including newly crudely built Xylorite weapons. Billions died, leaving the Rontan with several thousands left, that were forcibly resettled into Ganvius space. Following these events, the Han Dominion suffered a swift occupation war, where the Ganvius simply overtook control and begun digging everywhere. They uncovered the extent of Shi Yimu’s complicity, they uncovered New Siam’s infiltration and much, much more. After the end of the Drag’nix, they remained under occupation of the Ganvius Nation.

Tony Blaze was able to witness the greatest defeat of the Allied Forces at GTC-2. The enormous space station acted as an anchor for the frontline, a bulwark in the tide, but even a combined armada of Skellar, Libellans, Pi’terroer, Keerim and Protorians were unable to hold it. GTC-1 fell already in 2164, along with Andorra and Tony Blaze was able to witness the grandest spectacle of space combat just outside his window. For him, it was a sense of relief, with a conflicted nature about his self-imposed immortality, tethering on the edge between machine and man, finally coming to a rest. And as both Trade Centers were destroyed, so was the Trade Federation, the remaining assets being snacks on their route South for the Drag’nix, and whatever was left, was integrated into either Hephaestus or simply dissolved into nothing.

Surrounded by allies, Britannia went unscathed, with merely a single swarm tendril passing by to strike at Proteum Davun, the Protorian homeworld. Their arms and weapons were used to their full extent against the monsters, but at that point in time it was already irrelevant how advanced or developed something was, as long as it could shoot and kill Drag’nix. Edward was able to witness the end of the Drag’nix incursion, taking his last breath three weeks after the end, in presence of the widowed Seelil and the young Isayll who had grown very fond of the old human, always begging him to tell stories about literally everything. He died without having to suffer, Alfred, who was present as well, succeeded to the throne without issue, ready to lead an intact nation of refreshed and hopeful people into the future.”

These are only some of their stories and the events that transpired in these past years for mankind. Other races had their share of misfortunes as well. Of these galactic heroes, many died in the following years, giving their lives for the greater good, for their home, and for the future of the other galaxies out there.

“Koratak II. Redon, who lost the entirety of the Karass Dominion with billions of the inhabitants to the encroaching swarm, died in the final battle at Daandaaril Loor, holding a corridor alone with two Redon Houseguards against two hundred Drag’nix war beasts. The corridor was one door away from the command ring where the console to decide a race’s fate would sit.

Margek died in the battle of the Saryn capital world, protecting the evacuation of civilians to Ganvius space. His final words were “I ******* hate you all.”

Antor of Solot’Dohol died at the successful defense of Proteum Davun, where he gave his life in a mighty psionic attack to protect the archive at the governmental complex from several Drag’nix Titan beasts.

Kradoku Remvate lived through the war, to in the end, after the final Allied Council talks, leave the Milky Way together with the Pi’terroer to their home galaxy, whom he was able to convince to help defend the Milky Way and completely turned around, once he showed them what compassion meant and what feelings truly were, something the Pi’terroer long sought after, but never were able to witness.

Thadon Datrax did not witness the end of the war, dying to his contracted illness in 2165. He was succeeded by his eldest son, Mathen Datrax. Mathen died in the same year in command of one of the last warfleets of the Lithruan Empire, defending Daandaaril Loor. Thadon’s second son, Myrdun Datrax became the Emperor then and continued his father’s legacy after the war.

Borb of Trut would live on and assumed a major role as one of the leaders of the remaining Milky Way, with his goal to revive the empty and dead planets and star systems and slowly, step by step, restore the beauty and diversity this galaxy once had.

Haldar Sondar died of old age in 2164. He was distraught over the execution of his once pupil John Penrith and never really came over it, oddly fond of the fellow.

Salraku Remvate survived the attack on Proteum Davun and successfully led the defense of it. He led the final talks and remained a leading person next to Borb of Trut in the restoration of the Milky Way, as well as remaining the Archivar for the time to come.

Ral, or also known as Elroar Alran, lived to see the end of the Drag’nix War in 2167, but passed away several months later, as his advanced age caught up with him. He died peacefully in sleep. For his then best friend, Shi Yimu, he left all his personal possessions, something Yimu would not come to enjoy for long, as he was killed by an unknown assailant.

Chaal took command of the Black Fleet and managed to save millions of people from all races where ever she could, sacrificing almost nothing. Her psionic capabilities were able to confuse and slow the Drag’nix, when amplified, but only for so long, as her melodies were adapted to by the Drag’nix within an hour. After the war she assumed another leading role in the restoration of the galaxy.

Doh’patal died on board of a light cruiser of the black fleet she commanded, in defense of Daandaaril Loor. She was able to buy the Allies the needed time to re-activate the formerly disabled and reprogrammed defense systems of the facility.”

The list could go on forever, as there are many more stories to be told of these events and of these people, big and small. Everyone played a role, a role foreseen, a role unexpected. But it must not be forgotten, that this is only one timeline, where mankind has survived. There are others.

Others, beyond Onwards.