The Riders Of The Mark

Dragonayr

-=- The Riders of the Mark -=-

“We are the storm, hear the thunder of our hooves.

As days darken and clouds gather we stand ready

We are the horse’s blood, we are the unroutable

Our steads are swift as lightning, we are the storm and we ride for victory!”  

0Q-XjV_rih3p9Nw4d3KsGpU4VptIYEof_mkJSXbb3Gg4QX_UbFgH8LWl4ngDQI6YnkzE3le_h266oCB13NFtEkt-CoMhPax979wT8WVIWjuOvnMF91zckxAgMXDWrM6Kfv_Xo4vY

Stopping dead in your tracks you look up to the figure who has approached you, his stead armoured with the strongest of studs, blue and black banners wave behind him. He looks down at you, his eyes cut you down and you feel the air suddenly get colder. He hands you a note and whispers “ride for the mark if you think you’re strong enough.” He gallops off before you can even mutter a response.

Purpose

The Riders of the Mark originate from the mountains of Urguan, an unlikely place for the horse lords to live. The cold of the mountains has toughened the steads so that they are stronger than normal horses. The riders are a mercenary group serving only the highest bidder. Their goal is to create a community of not only elite warriors for battles and wars, but also to create a bustling village with plenty of activity.

History

The Deep Cold, 1606

Aldor and Aeoblod pulled themselves to the top of the mountain, exhausted and malnourished they collapsed into the snow, today was the day, today was the day they gave up. The bitterness of the Dwarven mountains stung them likes angry bees, their faces frozen to the one bitter expression they had had throughout their journey. Aldor stood up and looked around at the crater at the top of the mountain, his eyes widening. “This..- This is perfect…” He finally uttered. They dove into the last of their rations and used what little energy they had left to gather enough wood to build a makeshift hovel for the night. In the morning Aeoblod continued to set up an outpost whilst Aldor travelled back down the mountain to the Kal’Omith to barter supplies for their town. Construction began quickly and the two were able to establish enough food and shelter to sustain them permanently. Aeoblod looked to Aldor “This will be our mark on the world, this will be our home.”  

Battle of Blódskogr, 1608

Grand King Bastion Ireheart had given Aldor one condition for settling in his lands. He wanted the mark’s troops for the upcoming war against the Kingdom of Norland. Eager to prove himself preparations were made and the once empty looking hilltop exploded into a fortified town. Dw93Byn1xtzNadFRwcGAoePH0XPoJxRCTiEnQ-Kw6T1YOUTqRX2Y1wvc8eEHg-LY5HQvc2xw39prAmGIvPjGID5Lsv3GtpvITFRp6J2hOHV5niP_EhWTqc-Lp1rPV08oLEHz3egm

With Fort Mark finished military equipment was the next priority. Maybe it was pity or maybe she genuinely believed in this place the two were blessed with the help of the ascended ‘Mariane’a Abernathy’. The Legendary Blacksmith was a god send to the group who forged the armour and weapons for the riders. Day in and day out she put her blood, tears and sweat into her forge. Each armour bearing her unique runic symbol on the chestpiece. As the sun dipped under the horizon a dwarven messenger arrived at the gates of the mark, it was time to rally. The battle was short and sweet, Aeoblod led the charge into Norland’s defensives. Taking the flank he ordered the men to climb the trees to take out the archers whilst the dwarven forces steamrolled the broken enemy. Returning victorious songs were sung all night in the “Frozen Hill Tavern” this was only the beginning.

Horses

The bond between a rider and their steed is of utmost importance to members of the mark. The horse is their companion for life, accompanying them across all terrain through day and night. When a defender of the mark had shown skill, passion and loyalty to the group it would be decided  amongst the Knights and Marshal if they should be promoted to “Rider”. During the ceremony a horse will be presented to the candidate and two must accept each other. If the steed doesn’t accept it’s potential master it means the defender isn’t ready to become a rider. However if it does the defender must complete a trial to show they are worthy.

eH6kmrLchucogIgRfioCrE_CU7-bWFo5D_CZyyDF9_nsFVlGrK1VCs7rkJOIQlKqA7sHfbxy2DiLEh42j_puVzHxExNj4_s5ZXADXjS1O63kC_e3mb6aOZiVhw_5vDRDdjmYYDLm

Trial of the Rider

During your promotion to rider a knight or the marshal will accompany you on your trial. The trial consists of a journey to empower both you and your horse with the water from the “Fountain of Viribus”. The fountain is empowered with the ancient spells of the druids which will fortify the bond between you and your horse and your combat prowess.   

Ranks

Military ranking system

Upon joining the riders you will be a ‘Defender Of The Mark’, this is the section of training before the trial that you will be a foot soldier. When you are ready you will do the trial and become a rider. When a rider proves themselves as a worthy leader, they will be promoted once again to the rank ‘Knight Of The Mark’. Knights will be given divisions and they will navigate within wars as their own groups. The ‘Marshall Of The Mark’ direct the separate divisions in a war, organizing flanks and tactics.

The Town

Not everyone is cut out to be a rider of even a defender. For the more passive soul the village offers another side of life. Once you settle into the town you’ll become a “Citizen”, helping out with minor tasks and rping in and around The Mark. If you wish to pursue a profession then you can become a “head” of that profession where you’ll have your own unique building with all the tools you need to train. Higher ranks are available like ”senechal” where you would handle administrative tasks in the town and help settle new citizens. The “Steward” is in charge of managing the entire town and overseeing new building, and all professions.

Marshal Of The Mark

The marshall of the mark is the overall leader of the Military who will organise the separate divisions in a war claim. He will discuss business deals with other factions and run the

Knight Of The Mark

A knight of the mark is an officer of the army, they will be granted a larger room in the keep and a barracks to train their troops and store their armour and weapons, a knight of the mark will lead a division in a war claim. And will attend meetings about upcoming wars.

Rider Of The Mark

A rider of the mark is a defender that has proven themselves, they will be given a room in the keep in The Mark and will be given upgraded armour and a horse for every war claim and you will be a part of the cavalry division, ran by a knight.

Defender Of The Mark

A defender of the mark is a foot soldier, the rank will grant you a house in our town, and supply you with armour at every war claim and and you will be a part of a division ran by a knight.

Millitary

Marshal Of The Mark

Aldor (Dragonayr) 

Knight Of The Mark

Aeoblod (AndrewMcfly)

Rider Of The Mark

Zebra

Jakraes

Tornado241

Defender Of The Mark

Yennifer_levine

Zane

Jondead

Nolan_

Jamei

JakeFSF

Dork117

Porterus Vander

Town

Steward Of The Mark

Aeoblod (AndrewMcfly)

Senechal Of The Mark

Heads Of Professions

AndrewMcfly - Farming

Jamei - (Blacksmithing)
Aldor (Dragonayr) - (Breeding)

Pqcify - (fishing)

Citizens Of The Mark

Reznc

Application

Minecraft Name:

OOC Information:
Do you have discord and teamspeak?:

Character Name:

Race:  

Profession:  

Is this character your primary character?:

Past PvP/Military Experience:  

Edited by Dragonayr

((Wait... Rohirrim that live in mountains... How do you even support your horses.. o_O, but sure does that seem cool))

Wem hears about this group and can't help but think about how they mirror Dunamis almost exactly.

5 minutes ago, Mj. said:

Wem hears about this group and can't help but think about how they mirror Dunamis almost exactly.

Only similarities i can find is that we are both merc groups? And our group existed before Dunamis returned

26 minutes ago, TheWitherKingHD said:

((Wait... Rohirrim that live in mountains... How do you even support your horses.. o_O, but sure does that seem cool))

Our horses are tougher than the average, as they have been brought up on the mountains of Urguan 

Edited by Dragonayr

*Mariane'a would jump and raise her hand "I'll do you forgin'"

28 minutes ago, Dragonayr said:

Only similarities i can find is that we are both merc groups? And our group existed before Dunamis returned

Our horses are tougher than the average, as they have been brought up on the mountains of Urguan 

((Color scheme, elite horse-mercs, etc))

Minecraft Name: JakeFSF

OOC Information: ????
Do you have discord and teamspeak?: yh

Character Name: Arthur la Croix

Race: Human

Profession:  Leather Working

Is this character your primary character?: p much 

Past PvP/Military Experience:  garbo and not as garbo :0

13 hours ago, Jake! said:

Minecraft Name: JakeFSF

OOC Information: ????
Do you have discord and teamspeak?: yh

Character Name: Arthur la Croix

Race: Human

Profession:  Leather Working

Is this character your primary character?: p much 

Past PvP/Military Experience:  garbo and not as garbo :0

za81usDZxHCxbyoR59nxtHPaEbQ_ZyTZCPriUG7koKCkssx--N6bj8j23HsNdIkJpcZ-INspfkF9hgEXINSW3mFIoiRP4m255cJd8YsavXOqb2gabl8n3Tuy7RuVQ61RmWgmb9WX

Edited by Dragonayr

Minecraft Name:

Dork117

OOC Information:

I like memes

Yes

Character Name:

Oliver

Race:  

Human

Profession:  

Lumberjack (Main) / Fisher (Second)

Sorta

PVP: Decent

IC experience: None

OOC leadership: a little

Minecraft Name: Math_rock

OOC Information: Been a while since I RP'd on the server, but with my new character, this group seems like a great fit.
Do you have discord and teamspeak?: Yes

Character Name: Lance Browne

Race: Heartlander

Profession: Lumberjack

Is this character your primary character?: Yes

Past PvP/Military Experience: Minecraft PvP: Good - IC PvP: Good - Military experience: Good.

On 5/7/2017 at 5:54 PM, Dork117 said:

Minecraft Name:

Dork117

OOC Information:

I like memes

Yes

Character Name:

Oliver

Race:  

Human

Profession:  

Lumberjack (Main) / Fisher (Second)

Sorta

PVP: Decent

IC experience: None

OOC leadership: a little

SOm3bxrGyggDXY4NzCcQOYuT_63zIjAltwpVjE4HrniQiemfrC6N6spPH72IT3sgt1MaQYyLCrxhK0KshzRQq7HOY_WHuz9qD0eWCnXxl264LbkWQsIgNWVb6uCFxQSnEA8k5Nz0

On 5/8/2017 at 5:15 PM, Porterus Vander said:

Minecraft Name: Math_rock

OOC Information: Been a while since I RP'd on the server, but with my new character, this group seems like a great fit.
Do you have discord and teamspeak?: Yes

Character Name: Lance Browne

Race: Heartlander

Profession: Lumberjack

Is this character your primary character?: Yes

Past PvP/Military Experience: Minecraft PvP: Good - IC PvP: Good - Military experience: Good.

SOm3bxrGyggDXY4NzCcQOYuT_63zIjAltwpVjE4HrniQiemfrC6N6spPH72IT3sgt1MaQYyLCrxhK0KshzRQq7HOY_WHuz9qD0eWCnXxl264LbkWQsIgNWVb6uCFxQSnEA8k5Nz0

Edited by Dragonayr

Minecraft Name:  TheNanMan2000

OOC Information:  I've RPed for a good amount of years now, with Ron being the most used char I have out of all the RP servers I play on.  I have been in many different groups, perhaps the most relevant being the Azghari, who were also horselords.  Luckily my knowledge of unarmed combat helps me in RP combat, as well as in armed combat with my more limited knowledge of fighting with weapons.
Do you have discord and teamspeak?:  Yes, both

Character Name:  Ron Mormaer Jonsonii

Race:  Highlander

Profession:  Miner - Vet  Blacksmith - Vet

Is this character your primary character?: Yes and I will not delete this char any time soon (Perhaps ever)

Past PvP/Military Experience:  In terms of PVP, I'm quite limited.  I've been in a few battles, mostly as Vegetarianism's bodyguard in battle for his different characters.  In terms of generaly military, in almost every group I joined I joined it's military, although unfortunately, many militaries have limited training, so I haven't learnt much for PVP.  My understanding of warfare IRL is much richer, as well as my ability to do RP combat, so I am very well suited for being used when ever there will be RP combat or anything similar.

4 minutes ago, TheNanMan2000 said:

Minecraft Name:  TheNanMan2000

OOC Information:  I've RPed for a good amount of years now, with Ron being the most used char I have out of all the RP servers I play on.  I have been in many different groups, perhaps the most relevant being the Azghari, who were also horselords.  Luckily my knowledge of unarmed combat helps me in RP combat, as well as in armed combat with my more limited knowledge of fighting with weapons.
Do you have discord and teamspeak?:  Yes, both

Character Name:  Ron Mormaer Jonsonii

Race:  Highlander

Profession:  Miner - Vet  Blacksmith - Vet

Is this character your primary character?: Yes and I will not delete this char any time soon (Perhaps ever)

Past PvP/Military Experience:  In terms of PVP, I'm quite limited.  I've been in a few battles, mostly as Vegetarianism's bodyguard in battle for his different characters.  In terms of generaly military, in almost every group I joined I joined it's military, although unfortunately, many militaries have limited training, so I haven't learnt much for PVP.  My understanding of warfare IRL is much richer, as well as my ability to do RP combat, so I am very well suited for being used when ever there will be RP combat or anything similar.

abcabcabcabcabcabc

ACCEPTED.png

Minecraft Name:

Pigs_Might_Fly

OOC Information:

I like memes

no

Character Name:

William Rudolf

Race:  

Human

Profession:  

None new player

Yes

Military strategist for another server

Minecraft Name: mag1ster_

OOC Information: Been RPing since I was twelve, in and out of forums and MCrp. I'm very experienced and extremely confident in my writing skills, and am simply looking to have fun RPing in a larger group.
Do you have discord and teamspeak?: Yes to both

Character Name: William Larse

Race: Heartlander

Profession: Blacksmith

Is this character your primary character?: Yes

Past PvP/Military Experience:  I was part of the teutonic order waaay back in 2013/14 on this site, as well as a couple other military guards. Largest battle I ever participated in was the siege against the Blackmonts, which was quite some time ago admittedly; I've been on a hiatus.