[Update] The Draught of Incite

The Draught of Insight
[Update I]

Recent occurences and initial oversights have given me the inclination to give this lore its first update (hopefully one of few). The lore doesn't need any deeper reinforcement besides small changes and tweaks based on the aforementioned oversights brought to my attention both by some few members (Toodles, one in specific) and, again, previously mentioned occurences.

This will be kept short.

Changes

1a; Wraiths and Wights, following the method in which the Draught "renews" them in coordination with their husking abilities (the means to inhabit either corpses or living bodies through "possession" [Wight exclusive]), will now experience physical distortion from whatever bodies they take as their Incited souls seek to correct their form. Following the Soul Blueprint ideal, the gender of the character cannot change from what they were in mortal life. Wights/Wraiths that occupy bodies opposite of their original mortal gender will now be "scorched" into correction during the Draught's revival process, wherein the flesh contorts until they both look and function as they were originally. This also applies for the husks and possessions that differ from the soul's original race, which are scorched into correction upon a Draught of Incite's use.

1b; Their curses of undeath are herein clarified. Like other undead species who become Incited (ie "mortalized"), both will endure similar disadvantages. Incited Abyss Wraiths return to a state of "Half-Undeath", but perpetually suffer an illness where the excess of stagnant Lifeforce within them threatens to break down their body if they don't expunge it through either magical practice or meditation once per day. Using other Dark Arts in this form also does not degrade it, but puts Incited Wraiths in pain much like Strength of the Abyss' powers. Wights retain their strenuous mental illnesses and disfigurements, worsened only by the fact they are made mortal again. In addition, they suffer "spectral numbness" in the lesser parts of the body - such as the fingers, hands, feet and face, which may cause them to experience difficulty in physical balance, the ability to produce genuine facial expressions, and move without a vaguely noticeable stiffness of the form. This causes some feats, such as wearing heavier armor or wielding heavier weapons, almost impossible to Incited Wights.

2a; All Incited Undead, of all species, must bear a deep black aura. Given auras are purely

aesthetic and optional when in use of roleplay, this stands as no glaring disadvantage, but stands to hint as to what the Incited Undead are. This can be discerned as a reflection of their blackened soul, and though the Draught's power "muffles" their inner-darkness enough to reverse undeath, this spiritual stygia still leaks out.

3a; The Draught's "ritual" no longer needs to be taught on top of needing an accepted FA

(Further/Advanced Alchemy) application, as all the process consists of is mixing each ingredient in a clean and generally sanitary environment. Thus, all a "Further Alchemist" requires in order to experiment and discover the way to create a Draught is the necessary ingredients (Lifeforce Gem, Ichor [or "Godblood", which is essence extracted from Ascended, Keepers, Nephilim/Azdrazi, Soul Tree Druids, or Augurs], and mortal flesh of an amount no greater than a fresh hand), and an Alchemist's ingenuity.

4a; Ascended blood as an ingredient is now divided into two varieties based on "dilution". Diluted Ascended blood is defined as the ichor extracted from Ascended of Tier 3 and below. Empowered Ascended blood is defined as the ichored extracted from Ascended of Tier 4 and above.

5a; Upon the use of a Draught, an undead's racial curse which they bore in life, unless they are Soul Shadowed, experiences a "reset". Incited Humans become young again and Incited Elves may once more bear children, but for Orcs and Dwarves, their rage and greed does not fade, for they are not strengthened by the passing of time.

6a; New limitations are put in place. There is no longer a limitation as to how many Draughts can be carried, but every Draught must be recorded on a secure document (Google Docs, etc) with the date of its creation, because starting now, a week after a potion's creation, their powers fade and it becomes a bottle of dry ashes. This time limit must be followed to the T, or else there will be OOC repercussions.

6b; Undead beings are now incapable of using a Draught right after they had been killed as an Incited Undead. They must wait one week before they're able to use another.

Clarifications

- The Incitement of Soul Shadow Undead (Gravens, Ghouls, Paleknights) does not enable their

mortal forms to be turned into any kind of creature that involves a phylactery (Liches, Darkstalkers and Wights). Phylactery Undead, or "Soulbearing" Undead, require actual mortal souls, which Soul Shadows are not.

- Darkstalkers and Liches experience withering of both physical and mental health on behalf of neglegence to a usual draining of Lifeforce, and by draining a source they are rapidly propelled back into health. To define how this would function in a multi-party roleplay environment, bydraining either another living individual or Lifeforce source, the condition of the Incited Darkstalker/Lich improves drastically. For Darkstalkers, muscle mass is regained (to littleimprovement to their actual strength during the concurrent situation), but for aesthetic purpose they can be defined as "bulking up" the more they drain until their craving is satiated. The similar can be said for Liches, except they gain very little muscle mass and, rather, their mental condition improves vastly to match that of normalcy. This cannot be used to heal the Incited of any wounds or restore any kind of magic-oriented focus, if the focus had been broken by something substantial such as wounds or any form of immediate trauma.

- The more an undead uses a Draught of Incite, the less painful and debilitating the restoration process is. For the first-timers, the experience of renewal would feel much like being burned alive, and for those who have died and used the Draught several times over (around 3 and above), they are able to reform into mortal beings and endure the process of regaining their flesh without an excess of suffering.

- Each player is entitled to own a single Draught, whether they made one or obtained one. This means, upon obtaining a Draught of Incite, they are only allowed to hold and contain that single item until its loss or consumption. In addition, by holding an approved Draught in ones possession, another cannot be made by that character until it is lost or used.

- Any differences in a Wraith or Wight's husk from their original form are forcibly changed back until they resemble what they appeared to be in life. This precedes all race and gender, nullifying them until everything is corrected.

God bless you

You have no proof and I will deny it in court.

Yay

Why can't folks incite into being the opposite gender? I don't really care, but I am curious, as it seems to be an unnecessary restriction.

1 minute ago, ski_king3 said:

Why can't folks incite into being the opposite gender? I don't really care, but I am curious, as it seems to be an unnecessary restriction.

The Draught restores what an undead was in life. It follows the "blueprint" on their souls or soul shadows, and so they're remade that way.

While this is nice, it doesn't actually address the main issues that have been brought to the MT recently in terms of how easy it is to create these when originally they were proposed as something that would rarely be used. That being said, after a bit of discussion I don't believe it'd be fair to try and force some sort of ingredient change as it would shaft those who are not part of any of the groups where they'd easily be able to gather the things needed for the draught. Therefore, I'd rather see some sort of cooldown along with the user having to notify the MT when a draught is consumed/wears off which will effectively stop the current abusers from bouncing back and forth between their undead form and draughted form.

1 minute ago, The Pink Lion said:

While this is nice, it doesn't actually address the main issues that have been brought to the MT recently in terms of how easy it is to create these when originally they were proposed as something that would rarely be used. That being said, after a bit of discussion I don't believe it'd be fair to try and force some sort of ingredient change as it would shaft those who are not part of any of the groups where they'd easily be able to gather the things needed for the draught. Therefore, I'd rather see some sort of cooldown along with the user having to notify the MT when a draught is consumed/wears off which will effectively stop the current abusers from bouncing back and forth between their undead form and draughted form.

There isn't really much of a benefit from switching between undead and Incited forms - all that achieves is a waste of a Draught, demanding the user gather more ingredients to hunt for a learned Alchemist, if they weren't one already. Remember that the Draught is intended to be a reward for these kinds of efforts, and not entirely a tool, so if people think they can abuse that by getting killed as an Incited so they can be rotten or ghosty again then they're wasting their time.

Just now, Swgrclan said:

There isn't really much of a benefit from switching between undead and Incited forms - all that achieves is a waste of a Draught, demanding the user gather more ingredients to hunt for a learned Alchemist, if they weren't one already. Remember that the Draught is intended to be a reward for these kinds of efforts, and not entirely a tool, so if people think they can abuse that by getting killed as an Incited so they can be rotten or ghosty again then they're wasting their time.

There is a benefit considering a draughted form loses most of the benefits that comes with being a lich and whatnot in terms of fatigue and whatnot. There's nothing currently stopping a lich from going around causing havoc and then draughting to lay low and proceeding to do the same thing. Whether or not it's a "reward" doesn't change the fact that it is being used as a tool. And it's incredibly easy to get the ingredients for a draught if you're buddies with the right people, hence why I believe a cooldown time would be an effective way to stop these occurrences from happening rather than changing the ingredients entirely.

1 minute ago, The Pink Lion said:

There is a benefit considering a draughted form loses most of the benefits that comes with being a lich and whatnot in terms of fatigue and whatnot. There's nothing currently stopping a lich from going around causing havoc and then draughting to lay low and proceeding to do the same thing. Whether or not it's a "reward" doesn't change the fact that it is being used as a tool. And it's incredibly easy to get the ingredients for a draught if you're buddies with the right people, hence why I believe a cooldown time would be an effective way to stop these occurrences from happening rather than changing the ingredients entirely.

If a character has it made out to where they're able to get ingredients that have to come from hunting down things designed to destroy them (Ascended, Keepers, etc), and have connections for Lifegems (Necromancers), and then is dedicated enough to chop someone's hand off every time they need to use one of these potions, then I'd say they shouldn't get trouble for using a switcheroo tactic, but rather I should add some drawbacks for hopping back and forth instead of a timer. 

1 hour ago, Swgrclan said:

- The Incitement of Soul Shadow Undead (Gravens, Ghouls, Paleknights) does not enable their

mortal forms to be turned into any kind of creature that involves a phylactery (Liches, Darkstalkers and Wights).

Do you love me?

I was gonna mention it to you that Incited liches should have draining, you beat me to the punchline. God bless you Cameron.

3 hours ago, Fury_Fire said:

Do you love me?

ur literally the main reason why clarifications had to be made . .  .

5 hours ago, The Pink Lion said:

abcabcabcabcabcabc

I have a better idea, make it so they can only use it so many times before it PK's them. IE, the usage of the draught shatters a piece of their soul or soul shadow from them killing a part of them with each use.

Edited by drfate786