[Rewrite/Addition] Homunculi

Interesting, I quite like it.

Edited by Sug

My goodness.

I like this a lot, very well written -- actually makes Homunculi not a meme.

Think you should at least find another drawback to the Replicants. The basic difference between dopplegangers and Replicants is the removal of two drawbacks (no magic, and no morals). Maybe the fact that the soul and body aren't compatible could lead to some unforcene complications that aren't there in the other homunculi types.

For example, since homunculi normaly can't do magic, an interesting side effect to replicants doing it could be that instead of mental fatigue, the damage would be inflicted directly into their bodies, they starting to desintegrate (drip for water, specks of dirt dropping for earth, ash falling for fire, deflating for air). Instead of becoming tired, they would become injured, the use magic would come with a bigger drawback, one which could even expose what they are.

Just an idea.

Wasn't the entire point of Homunculi that they have no souls and are incapable of proper emotions and magic? This just ruins that image. It's neat lore, don't get me wrong, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, but it still..kinda messes with the point of them.

On 5/13/2017 at 1:41 PM, Jistuma said:

For example, since homunculi normaly can't do magic, an interesting side effect to replicants doing it could be that instead of mental fatigue, the damage would be inflicted directly into their bodies, they starting to desintegrate (drip for water, specks of dirt dropping for earth, ash falling for fire, deflating for air). Instead of becoming tired, they would become injured, the use magic would come with a bigger drawback, one which could even expose what they are.

The reason I won't include something like this is because the reason I wanted to rewrite a lot of the lore is due to it not blending well with current server lore. This particular suggestion makes little to no sense to me, but I am open to adding more redlines that make sense if the LT request it. 

18 minutes ago, Asimulum said:

Wasn't the entire point of Homunculi that they have no souls and are incapable of proper emotions and magic?

The Replicant (the only one to have a soul/emotions) is, essentially, endgame. It's meant to be on the same level as Keepers, Archons, Daeva, etc. It is the ultimate form for homunculi, and it is meant to be very, very difficult to achieve. It is by no means the standard and for the most part, homunculus lore for the masses is the same, just clarified a bit more. I suspect there would only be a few Replicants throughout all of history to be honest.

This lore is under review, a verdict will be given next Monday (29th).

(rep me because you're killing my post to rep ratio)

This lore is pending. A majority of the team feels that replicants need to be removed for this to be accepted, or the lore rewritten in a way that makes sense, since at the moment Homunculi do not have soul shadows at all. Therefore them receiving soul essence (which is also a broken system, a better way for replicants to be made outside of just hoping you have a friend on the ET/LT who can toss you soul essence would be preferred) would do nothing for them. Assuming that homunculi did have a soul shadow, a replicant is OP, the buffs not being balanced by the cons. They receive all the physical buffs of being a homunculi, in addition to longevity and being capable of casting magic and being able to feel emotions, along with losing the ability to be harmed by Ascended magic. Compared to the downside introduced, that is heavily unbalanced. Once edits have been made to the lore to fix the issues mentioned, it will be reviewed once again.

Homunculi, after a discussion amongst the LT, require changes to be made. Their lore, as it is now, is full of holes and is vague in the boons that a homunculi gets which has led to them being RP'd as having larger buffs with little downside. In addition, their lore doesn't add much (at higher stages) differentiation-wise, which outside of the creation, does not typically drive RP around the homunculi outside of what a descendant would provide. A month is being given for the lore to be updated along with changing it in a way that addresses the issues, otherwise the creature will be shelved. Further discussion will be needed on the severity of the shelving.

This lore has been moved to the Pending Fixes subforum. No further homunculi may be made during this following month, until the issues are fixed.