[✓] [Lore Addition] [Cognatism] Ocular Pat-Down

Avacyn

The Ocular Pat-Down

1370990160942.png

I gave him an ocular patdown, assessed the threat level, clocked a knife in his boot.

An ocular patdown is a visual threat assessment performed by the Cognate. 

The Horror, in a brief moment of assessment, provides a stream of information about the target and assesses their threat level including factors like their height, weight, brawn, possible weaponry concealed upon their person, and other relative information. The technique was developed and its term coined by the famed monk-Cognate, Mack, who was a bodyguard for a tavern and often found himself needing to assess the threat level of potential attackers though his cousin Mack of the Country apparently had developed the technique years prior to the first Mack.

Red Lines
-If you can't see it, you can't pat it down.

-Doesn't actually tell you anything you couldn't know otherwise.

honestly this is so well written that it doesn't need to be voted on.

Smelly - But how does the Voidal Horror know of something inside of a bag? Or inside of something that is not opaque

this is so useless and honestly it shoulf either go in without a mag, or you could add more substance to it.

b ut but you can already do this

I don't think any of you guys are understanding the concept of this, let me provide a video for reference.

This lore will provide a lot of RP flexibility for all types of bar and tavern bodyguards and bouncers.

Just now, Avacyn said:

I don't think any of you guys are understanding the concept of this, let me provide a video for reference.

This lore will provide a lot of RP flexibility for all types of bar and tavern bodyguards and bouncers.

oh yes i think i understand now

Wouldn't this also permit people to see through illusions, like, idk, a lich with a simple illusion making me appear human. Wouldn't it feel that it doesent feel flesh? The whole lore, and limits, feels extremely vague, seems like I could scan someone for precious objects or the likes of it.

but I do wish you luck with the lore!

Hello! Ongo Gablogian, the lore collector. Charmed I'm sure! I'm going to invite you to the lore mag but first let me destroy your lore.

CadT8xJW8AIW9Uq.jpg

What if you're blind? Include an explanation for the blind and or handicapped individual. Bullshit!

You forget other means of sight providing utensils such as magical and or constructions, mind links even. Derivative!

1 minute ago, Jentos said:

Wouldn't this also permit people to see through illusions, like, idk, a lich with a simple illusion making me appear human. Wouldn't it feel that it doesent feel flesh? The whole lore, and limits, feels extremely vague, seems like I could scan someone for precious objects or the likes of it.

but I do wish you luck with the lore!

An ocular pat-down is just a threat-level assessment.

As a GOD-fearing Bartender, having this power would help me protect my customers and promote RP. This shouldn't even be decided on, no need to vote, this is beyond Democracy, this is a god given right that we need.

+10000000

i'm glad that the lore team (perrin) has extended their influence towards 'always sunny in Philadelphia' - a magnificent piece of lore. beats the DS, Witcher/get GOT stereotypes for something much more necessary.

Edited by braybowski
words

mudmaidens, robocop analyzing from a sitcom, 

each day we stray further from god