[✗] [Lore Addition] Lurnamu, The Empowered Muyakelg

Panashea

Lurnamu, The Empowered Muyakelg

------------------------------------

The world shook, and darkness descended.  All shamans, and those attuned with those the spiritual realms felt the balance of power shift violently, a painful surge of energy felt across the mortal realms.

Born from malice, hate, and disgust, the creature rose, a mass of sinew bone and flesh that spawned forth plague and virulence from the many sores that covered its body.  It outstretched a hand, maggots and locusts emerging forth in a blood-hungry swarm of biting insects.

The dark shaman finally rose, days of meditation and focus creating the abomination before him. Shaped in Orgon’s and Kinul’s image, the Muyakelg had become something greater than a simple ancestral servant. Imbued with a fraction of an immortal spirit’s power, the abomination of plague and flesh.

-------------------------------------

-MYzTX_lZyGF-W_gdYDY2Wu8sQbFfsolHlEivpRD6qIceM1q20DQR7FHHhjCWd2KrlFFFiZsc0wmP1VtP9gRsNbcqRGEUx01HLYGaauAtlvUcy_NHbP_uPXRq4kOrvovcvzw7Oex

*A Muyakelg abomination empowered with the aspects of plague and rot.*

Muyakelgs have existed within orcish legend and stories as revived ancestors from long ago, brought back to battle and wage war as abominations veiled in the flesh and sinew of various descendants.  However, with the introduction of spirit smithing, and the reformed version of dark shamanism, the shamans of both practices now have the ability to augment their muyakelgs into something greater than former ancestors who wish to do battle once more. Dark shamans learned of such through Ixli, who granted them forbidden knowledge and allowed the Ishurkal to wrench the lingering spirits from the Ancestral Realm into the vessels as minions to do their will.

v2iXD9up7SOd1hxqFDwLzd-r-5hwwjxUjCikGigCoRHFgJDJ4ZzPmIf7pJMvhJjmWH-S4wescNA4-eUQ61RSUbmtQ7MpDeeKgurPXbBogbaI9VfFUMkfUuXJpxKhysA78wo1aDfR

*A Muyakelg being empowered by the energies of a consumed Immortal Spirit*

Dark shamans empower Muyakelgs in a rather basic manner. To imbue their Muyakelgs with spiritual energy, they must sacrifice a portion of any of their consumed spirits to a vessel suitable for a Muyakelg, or simply pour it into a Muyakelg already made.  Pouring such power into an empty vessel would leave the creation much dimmer and lacking the intelligence and wit a normal Muyakelg would have, though the time it takes to make one would be much less demanding. On the other hand, the empowerment of a Muyakelg already created by an Ishurkal would grant the Dark shaman with more control over their somewhat reckless creation.  Rather than forging a spirit stone, the dark shaman already possesses the spirit within them, and as such, pour their own energies into the Muyakelg, leaving them dormant for a few days. Due to the intense flow of power and energy, shamans around the world would feel this presence and form being created, and alerted of the Muyakelg and the shaman’s location, potentially granting them the ability to kill the shaman and the creation before such is completed. For a mindless Muyakelg, the process would take an days, and for a Muyakelg already crafted, 2 days.  

Lurnamu, however, are spectral beings akin to Muyakelgs, and can be purged or blessed by Lutauman and Farseers. The ritual however,  would leave the shaman immobile and greatly exhausted once the ritual themselves. Natural Muyakelgs also have the ability to drain from Lurnamu, though the process takes time and also leaves both the Lurnamu and the Muyakelg immobile. 

Red Lines:

-A dark shaman may only have two Lurnamus in their service

-A Lurnamu can no longer absorb spectrals/ghosts/spooks and the like

-A spirit beyond the knowledge or ability of the various shamans cannot be used in empowering a Muyakelg.

-If an Lurnamu is not recharged in the Irl week’s time, they are left dormant for a month before rotting away.

Pros:

-A Lurnamu possesses the aspect of their spirits, whether it be an elemental spirit or mortal one.

-Grants more offensive,defensive and passive abilities through the use of a Muyakelg.

-Grants Dark shamans a useful construct that allows them to combat other shamans.

Cons:

-Requires recharging often

-Lurnamus created by a normal shaman have a weakpoint.

-After the third shattering of their ‘core’, the Lurnamu’s form and body are destroyed.

-Repair of the Lurnamu’s core takes 2 irl days.

-A Dark Shaman created Lurnamu must be dormant for 1-2 days depending on the type of vessel used and alerts other shamans of the location of the ritual being performed.

-If the ritual is broken by some means, the unfinished Muyakelg becomes an uncontrollable beast that destroys anything about it, though targets the Dark Shaman creator first.

-A Dark Shaman’s Lurnamu has one life, and once destroyed, is gone permanently.

-Lurnamu lose the ability to consume spectral energy/spooky beings.

-Lurnamu are weak to their immortal/elemental counterparts. ex: Placing water on a fire Lurnamu.

-Lurnamu can be purged by a Muyakelg,Farseer, or Lutuaman.

Edited by DivineJustice

+1, This is brilliant.

As current dark shaman lead, I support +1

*Editted to only grant it to dark shamans due to the physiology between Ancestral and Immortal/Elemental Spirits. Also included balancing for normal shamans to combat them. Apologies for my **** formatting.

This lore is under review, a verdict will be given next Monday (29th).

(rep me because you're killing my post to rep ratio)

I think this is well deserved and beneficial to the orcish society we know today.

As a current Muyakelg player i can see this working

Logically, these should be harmed by gold and/or Aengulic magic as well (Clerics, Paladins, etcetera).

2 hours ago, Swgrclan said:

Logically, these should be harmed by gold and/or Aengulic magic as well (Clerics, Paladins, etcetera).

Muyakelgs have never been weak to holy magic or gold. What would the empowerment of them change to make them weak to such?

Just now, DivineJustice said:

Muyakelgs have never been weak to holy magic or gold. What would the empowerment of them change to make them weak to such?

The lack of these weaknesses in either types was an erreonous oversight, and considering how back Muyakelg lore was posted, in a time when it wouldn't have been grouped into the spook-weakness-group that it would've been now, I'm not surprised that such a mistake has been ingrained here. These are creatures made from a Dark Art, made from a spiritual entity and put into a husk of misshapen flesh and bones.

"Born from malice, hate, and disgust, the creature rose, a mass of sinew bone and flesh that spawned forth plague and virulence from the many sores that covered its body.  It outstretched a hand, maggots and locusts emerging forth in a blood-hungry swarm of biting insects."

It even clearly outlines how "unholy" these creatures are.

To be fair if they're thick enough gold, being a weak substance, wouldn't be so effective. Slayer Steel and other variants of gold-imbued objects could work well when dealing blunt trauma from a hammer, maul, or other such weapons. Holy Magic should be a definite weakness, they are an impurity and blight, but if they are soulless constructs aengul fire wouldn't work on them.

4 minutes ago, Swgrclan said:

These are creatures made from a Dark Art, made from a spiritual entity and put into a husk of misshapen flesh and bones.

Muyakelgs are made by normal shamans as well, nor are dark shamans affected by gold/holy magic due to them not being undead or tainted beings. Muyakelgs themselves are ancestral spirits, which are not augmented or afflicted in anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Swgrclan said:

It even clearly outlines how "unholy" these creatures are.

I hoped that one would understand that the specific instance I cited of their creation was a Lurnamu of Plague, as I explained in the paragraph after, which is why its birth was one of "unholyness' and disgust. A Lurnamu of Freygoth would simply be a Muyakelg adorned in flowers and the like. The one I explained up top was simply out of choice and easy to understand.

22 minutes ago, DivineJustice said:

Muyakelgs are made by normal shamans as well, nor are dark shamans affected by gold/holy magic due to them not being undead or tainted beings. Muyakelgs themselves are ancestral spirits, which are not augmented or afflicted in anyway. 

I hoped that one would understand that the specific instance I cited of their creation was a Lurnamu of Plague, as I explained in the paragraph after, which is why its birth was one of "unholyness' and disgust. A Lurnamu of Freygoth would simply be a Muyakelg adorned in flowers and the like. The one I explained up top was simply out of choice and easy to understand.

I explained to Smawton some time ago that the creation of Muyakelgs with ancestral spirits is practically equivalent to the creation of Liches, in that they are both mortal souls drawn down to inhabit a vessel. If holy magic harms Liches under this context, would it not do the same for Muyakelgs? For all intents and purposes, the magic used to raise whichever creature is not relevant, only the product is. The fact of the matter is that Muyakelgs are essentially undead.

I must have overlooked the latter details then, so I apologize for that discrepancy. 

Thank you for submitting your piece, unfortunately this lore has been denied. As we've discussed in PMs, once the shaman clarifications are done, including the balancing of Muyakelgs (mainly updating it for all the new spectrals that have been added between the time the original was accepted [2013] and now), this can be submitted again.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.