[✓] [Lore Clarification] [World Lore] Animology: A Discourse on Souls

Avacyn

40 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

Perrin please. Is this like the eighth lore piece in the past couple weeks? You've been working hard.

Also what would you call "the colloquial term referring to the frame that Soul Essence is built around in order to construct a living, functional inferior or lesser soul"? Not a soul blueprint? What is it called then?

I thought about using some obscure phrase like I've designated for the other processes specified, but those aren't things that are usually referred to by their name alone: Blueprint isn't really a great "immersive term" but it's already used enough that trying to use anything else would be an effort in vain. 

5 hours ago, Avacyn said:

This clarification is just changing what the Blueprint means, exactly-- it's not that much of a task for us to backtrack now and say with Soul Puppetry that the Blueprint isn't what you're necessarily connecting to. This Clarification would let you go and edit your lore accordingly to remove mention of needing to connect to the Blueprint.

It has been discussed with the creators of the lore and even the MT that soul puppeteers connect to the soul blueprint of the living object for years, even on lore creation it had mention of this. Why should this change? Wouldn't it be easier if you say lesser souls have some sort of a soul blueprint besides twisting how soul puppeteers teach?

Just now, Evocress said:

It has been discussed with the creators of the lore and even the MT that soul puppeteers connect to the soul blueprint of the living object for years, even on lore creation it had mention of this. Why should this change? Wouldn't it be easier if you say lesser souls have some sort of a soul blueprint besides twisting how soul puppeteers teach?

0abc

No, because the Blueprint isn't a tangible, knowledgable thing people should be speaking about or understanding in-character and from what I understand of Soul Puppetry is entirely inconsequential to how your magic functions, i.e. there is no actual difference in what you do whether we say you connect to the Blueprint or just Soul. Also, changing the entire canon nature of what a Blueprint's function is (giving persistence beyond death, which only Superior Souls have) just to suit the arbitrary use of a term for one magic subtype doesn't seem like a necessary endeavor in my opinion. 

56 minutes ago, Avacyn said:

No, because the Blueprint isn't a tangible, knowledgable thing people should be speaking about or understanding in-character and from what I understand of Soul Puppetry is entirely inconsequential to how your magic functions, i.e. there is no actual difference in what you do whether we say you connect to the Blueprint or just Soul. Also, changing the entire canon nature of what a Blueprint's function is (giving persistence beyond death, which only Superior Souls have) just to suit the arbitrary use of a term for one magic subtype doesn't seem like a necessary endeavor in my opinion. 

First I'll note, this reply is by phone so I apologise for any shortened words.

First, you're incorrect in the soul blueprint being a non known fact IC, monks since aegis to current have always role played and discussed in character that it exists and how it works and subsequently other guilds have spoke on the soul blueprint. 

I will say you're correct in how puppeteers who have soul puppetry do not know how the Magic works IC at this time though out of character they know it works via connecting to the soul and that access the soul blueprint to work curses on.

In your suggestion of not wanting to change lore I can think of a way we "both" can agree to disagree, due to lesser souls not having a soul blueprint, you do not need a puppet to resemble them.

A puppet in soul puppetry needs to be the shape of the person reflecting the current soul blueprint. If one does not have q soul blueprint then they don't require a puppet being a shape of an individual.

I understand that you do not run or are not so formally knowledgeable on soul puppetry though would you think this is a good compromise?

19 minutes ago, Evocress said:

First I'll note, this reply is by phone so I apologise for any shortened words.

First, you're incorrect in the soul blueprint being a non known fact IC, monks since aegis to current have always role played and discussed in character that it exists and how it works and subsequently other guilds have spoke on the soul blueprint. 

I will say you're correct in how puppeteers who have soul puppetry do not know how the Magic works IC at this time though out of character they know it works via connecting to the soul and that access the soul blueprint to work curses on.

In your suggestion of not wanting to change lore I can think of a way we "both" can agree to disagree, due to lesser souls not having a soul blueprint, you do not need a puppet to resemble them.

A puppet in soul puppetry needs to be the shape of the person reflecting the current soul blueprint. If one does not have q soul blueprint then they don't require a puppet being a shape of an individual.

I understand that you do not run or are not so formally knowledgeable on soul puppetry though would you think this is a good compromise?

In the end, it doesn't so much matter to me. Superior Souls are the only ones with Blueprints and that's how it is-- if what you described above is Soul Puppetry's explanation, then by all means, go ahead.

As for the monks matter, a lot of things that were RP'd or happened in Aegis or even regarding the monks are pretty nonsensical and don't hold much canon weight to what we use contemporarily in the lore.

15 hours ago, Avacyn said:

Superior/Lesser Souls have been outlined previously, but to put it here: Descendants and Dragons have Superior Souls. abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

Reading this over, decedents don't mean Kha. Does that mean they do not have Superior souls?

5 minutes ago, Evocress said:

Reading this over, decedents don't mean Kha. Does that mean they do not have Superior souls?

Kha are considered Descendants when discussing Superior Souls (unfortunately).

This lore is under review, a verdict will be given next Monday (29th).

(rep me because you're killing my post to rep ratio)

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.