[✗] The Void Stares Back

drfate786

Event Planners, MC Names: 

drfate786 

Event Type: 

Twenty or more players will venture into the cursed pit to put an end to the nefarious presence that would seek the destruction of all of creation, they will venture beyond that which is possible and return scarred and broken, mad and hungry.

Your Timezone: 

EST

Affected Groups: 

Dwarves will be effected if the "Heros" fail.

Event Location: 

The Red Pass, Dry Dune Desert

Summation: 

(( Lore Summary: Ancient forces that have been at war since the time of creation are now attempting to breach the veil that separates Axios from the dark void that threatens to consume it. The dark plane of Azkabor awaits those who venture into the abyss.

All except Azkabor is canon, PM me if you need details, I refuse to spoil the event for others.))

(( A PK will be recommended upon death in a further portion of the event and players will also be informed of the potential risks their characters will be exposed to. Rolls will be done to determine the severity of these risks.))

Light and shadow clashed deep below the confines of the darkened passage while the fires of a familiar and long accursed pit continued to roar relentlessly. It was here that Oren lost the battle of the red pass and it was here that the Az'Karim cultists worked tirelessly to bring their dark god into existence. It was here that the shadows had consumed the earth below, misshapen shadows have crawled from the abyss only to scream in wretched agony and retreat to whatever dark place they had crept from. This dark void that now permeates the great pit only continues to grow in power, with each conflict and with each death the veil becomes weaker and with this, the Az'Karim began to construct their dark shrines. With each shrine built, their power grows stronger.

Lording over them stands a cloaked beast taking on a human form, he holds a goblet in one hand and a tome in the other. Those he deems worthy would ascend and become something more, those he deems unworthy will be fed to the writhing shadows below. What or who he was remained a mystery, but his master awaits him.

As he sat upon his throne, two Az'Karim dragged the screaming mage into the dark chamber. Astaroth leered and stood upwards, he walked towards the mage in the same way a wolf would to eat his prey. As he inched ever closer, the mage's screams of terror only grew louder. Astaroth extended his gauntlets and grabbed the man by the throat, droplets of blood began to drip to the ground followed by the sound of a dislocated eldritch laughter. In that moment of sheer terror, Astaroth threw the mage across the room like a worn out puppet, the mage's body lay upon the floor broken and unmoving but still alive. Astaroth leaned downwards and grasped him by the throat once more, lifting him in the process. He began peering at him from beyond his hood and all the mage saw was the void peering back at him, in all it's vengeful hunger.

Concept Images/Screenshots 

Related image

((Azkabor, a fragment of creation on the outer fringes of the veil. ))

What help do you require from the ET Actors or Builders?

I require actors to play and spawn the cultists, players may also request to play the part under ET supervision. I also require builders to modify the existing build and to build Azkabor itself.

Multiple artifacts will be uncovered and the LT will be tasked with developing further lore for these items and by extension, this event. 

Edited by drfate786

Claimed. You have 24 hours to amend this topic to be lore friendly, I have analyzed the following issues:

• Excessive Lore Breaking: It's alright to be a little bit on the breaking side, sadly it's done excessively and needs a more concise approach to it. I advise you read more canonical lore and make it something we can work with.
  • PK Clause: There is no way on the server to enforce a pk, we can only heavily recommend it to the players involved - to do otherwise would be rule breaking sadly.
  • "Antagonist": While minor antagonists are fine, something of this scope needs approved lore. You must fully outline their abilities, their origin, and the scope of what they shall be doing and what motivations they have.

Moved to Denied Events.