[✗] Holy Alteration Clarification

Tsuyose

11 minutes ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

And yet, to me it doesn't look like the wards do what they were previously meant to do, and instead they do much more. Most clerics hope to use wards to completely cancel out spooks getting into their cities instead of just reveal them.

The reveal wards have not been implemented yet due to the revamp I am doing is not put yet. If they did use the reveal wards now, it would be out pf the current lore written by Ventusyr and may get them in trouble. Currently the clerics are following the old ward system that does not benefit both holy users and dark users, while I have a new ward system tjat fixs the errors of the previous system.

Just now, Farryn said:

The reveal wards have not been implemented yet due to the revamp I am doing is not put yet. If they did use the reveal wards now, it would be out pf the current lore written by Ventusyr and may get them in trouble. Currently the clerics are following the old ward system that does not benefit both holy users and dark users, while I have a new ward system tjat fixs the errors of the previous system.

Oh.

Both the Ascended and the Clerics are working on rewrites for their respective Holy Alteration. Post-Rewrite the Ascended won't even make wards like what is listed in this thread.

The three types from each respective group are too different to have a blanket clarification placed over them, doing so would be a hindrance and restrict their respective capabilities.

I echo Farryn's thoughts, this is just weird to try and blanket it across all holy magics. Ascended for example are moving away from the generic ward and have made soulfire braziers in their rewrite and clerics are working on a rewrite to differentiate themselves even more. This isn't a clarification, this is an amendment to try and alter magics and not something I'm a fan of.

112633-jonah-hill-oscars-cut-it-out-g-KP 

It's a matter of what's fair for the spooks as well as ya'll. It's balancing out the two, I'm game to communicate with the two of you to add in both your own versions of wards into this lore. Add me on Skype: yayfunfunfun_6

Edit: Pre re-write for the entirety of all three magics, holy alteration was a universal tool for each deific magic due to the lack of documentation.

17 minutes ago, Tsuyose said:

Edit: Pre re-write for the entirety of all three magics, holy alteration was a universal tool for each deific magic due to the lack of documentation.

Except even pre-rewrite Ascended wards were designed specifically only to dampen magics (your equivalent of Annul), clerics had your equivalent of hinder, and as far as I know the last "revoke" attempt was denied by a previous iteration of the LT (I personally don't want to see any kind of revoke wards brought back into existence regardless). Rather than what you're posting here as a way for everyone to get every kind of ward.

10 minutes ago, Tsuyose said:

It's a matter of what's fair for the spooks as well as ya'll. It's balancing out the two, I'm game to communicate with the two of you to add in both your own versions of wards into this lore. Add me on Skype: yayfunfunfun_6

The system I have worked on was made out of feedback from a post I made a while back, which included feedback from dark users. I have been reviewing the new clerical ward system and it is more balanced for both sides.

However I am sorry, Tsu, but I am going to turn down adding the new ward system to this. The reasons why is:  I want the wards in the clerical revamp to remain unique only to the clerics. As said by many, your lore does indeed blankets the holy groups who use holy alternation into one - the complete opposite to when you wanted holy magic to be different. Lastly, I want the ward system on the clerical revamp when it is released so that it is easy to access with the rest of the lore and saves people time trying to find it on the revamp, then having to be directed here. 

Just now, The Pink Lion said:

Except even pre-rewrite Ascended wards were designed specifically only to dampen magics (your equivalent of Annul), clerics had your equivalent of hinder, and as far as I know the last "revoke" attempt was denied by a previous iteration of the LT (I personally don't want to see any kind of revoke wards brought back into existence regardless). Rather than what you're posting here as a way for everyone to get every kind of ward.

Well, I mean, I just said I'm willing to work with them, lol. A chat has already been made, I'm not gonna **** them outta it. Nay a necessity for us to pursue this any longer, my man. I'll chat the relevance with the respective folk.

2 minutes ago, Farryn said:

The system I have worked on was made out of feedback from a post I made a while back, which included feedback from dark users. I have been reviewing the new clerical ward system and it is more balanced for both sides.

However I am sorry, Tsu, but I am going to turn down adding the new ward system to this. The reasons why is:  I want the wards in the clerical revamp to remain unique only to the clerics. As said by many, your lore does indeed blankets the holy groups who use holy alternation into one - the complete opposite to when you wanted holy magic to be different. Lastly, I want the ward system on the clerical revamp when it is released so that it is easy to access with the rest of the lore and saves people time trying to find it on the revamp, then having to be directed here. 

First and foremost, I haven't once denied that this wasn't to blanket the trio- I was under the impression Holy Alteration was still a universal tool, I mean, I took a gander at the Sutica Gates and witnessed a damn spectacle. Four-five wards, just sat there, all mixed together. It was absolutely abhorrent, truthfully. Secondly, incorporating it into this lore, doesn't make it any less unique, it's mostly a point of reference.

Truth be told, the only laws I'd like to incorporate into Holy Alteration universally are:

One war within the span of ten blocks, preventing a mass congregation of wards.

One enchantment per tool/item, so they aren't mixed. 

Any kind of holy ward made by alterationists beyond Ascended were not capable of causing mortal dark artists pain or physical deterrence before, only nullifying or weakening their magic. It should remain this way.

36 minutes ago, Tsuyose said:

Well, I mean, I just said I'm willing to work with them, lol. A chat has already been made, I'm not gonna **** them outta it. Nay a necessity for us to pursue this any longer, my man. I'll chat the relevance with the respective folk.

First and foremost, I haven't once denied that this wasn't to blanket the trio- I was under the impression Holy Alteration was still a universal tool, I mean, I took a gander at the Sutica Gates and witnessed a damn spectacle. Four-five wards, just sat there, all mixed together. It was absolutely abhorrent, truthfully. Secondly, incorporating it into this lore, doesn't make it any less unique, it's mostly a point of reference.

Truth be told, the only laws I'd like to incorporate into Holy Alteration universally are:

One war within the span of ten blocks, preventing a mass congregation of wards.

One enchantment per tool/item, so they aren't mixed. 

There's never been four to five wards at the gate before. 

Currently, there's one ward along the gate, the same ward that is recreated and recharged since the beginning, and blessed iron bars that four clerics imbued their light into.

We've /never/ put more than one ward on something as there aren't that many clerics that even know warding within Sutica.

The only instance where a ward in Sutica could be considered "close" to another ward is when a student was learning warding and told to practice by erecting one at the tavern's doorway, which is 15-20 blocks away. 

9 minutes ago, SquirtGun said:

There's never been four to five wards at the gate before. 

Currently, there's one ward along the gate, the same ward that is recreated and recharged since the beginning, and blessed iron bars that four clerics imbued their light into.

We've /never/ put more than one ward on something as there aren't that many clerics that even know warding within Sutica.

The only instance where a ward in Sutica could be considered "close" to another ward is when a student was learning warding and told to practice by erecting one at the tavern's doorway, which is 15-20 blocks away. 

As in, there are multiple wards at your gates. It's just disgustingly unfair for any spook. Where's their fighting chance, ay?

Honestly, warding gates is just bad. No rp interaction way of defense. It's like having a guarded gate, but without the guard. It's an unworkable idea that is neat for lore but isn't great for an RP environment. Warding to me should be something for hallowed ground, not a cheap defense turret. Especially since "Places one can RP" and "Towns" are often times the same thing. Like if someone were to, say I dunno, be forced to actually man the ward? That'd be a different ball game altogether. 

32 minutes ago, Tsuyose said:

As in, there are multiple wards at your gates. It's just disgustingly unfair for any spook. Where's their fighting chance, ay?

There are not multiple wards at our gates. 

As stated, there is one ward at the gate. There are blessed iron bars that can come down. 

1 hour ago, Tsuyose said:

Like squirt said, one ward, and we recently blessed bars to stop spooks from easily prying them apart,

as for it 'disgustingly unfair to spooks' 99% of spooks when they enter sutica simply emote something alongs the lines of *Yelps* *grunts* etc. 

yo deny this lore im gonna re-write it to work for the paladins instead no biggie