Cult of the Deep One

DeadCthulhu

+ 1 for a giant squid as he stated it is not a deity and therefore does not go against the lore so theres no reason not to allow it

Oh hey let's not turn this thread into a flame-fest and keep personal involvement out of the thread entirely. That's directed at both of you; and Angelos. Deep One discussion only.

Oh hey you're the kid who attacked me in the city limits without provocation, and was Metagaming about my involvement with Iblees that I never once mentioned.

2011-09-18_205223.png

meta gaming ?? you shouted your support for iblees to the entire city. I attacked you too you deserved it :ugeek:

I didn't mean you Bananas. the other guy shot me in the back without any warning. You really aren't supposed to fight AT ALL in the cities unless it's a war. You followed me out of town before you attacked. At least that's what i believe to have happened? Kind of hard to know for sure when there's an angry mob plunking arrows into your spine.

Really like this idea, its different. Someone isn't walking into the server and screaming "How do I become and undead?" They are creating a new evil in the land of Aegis. Not new to mythology, just new to what we typically deal with.

Furthermore, aside from that one post I read about Dead and the whole "Die Wretch" thing, I believe he is a great addition to this server and would love to see him as a villain. He is trying to create something I have found to be severely lacking since I joined...conflict.

Mayhaps instead of fitting the lore, this deep one cult could be a farmer midwife's tale? You know, sort of a local myth. Not on as large a scale of Aeriel, but maybe in a small town next to a giant lake, my point being something like the Loch ness(Loch monster of whatever)

And Iblees was a daemon, just that he betrayed them.

" I am fine with squid worship, lore-wise and rp-wise it would be more interesting than most the half-baked guilds on the server (points at vampires that don't exist) "

What do you mean we don't exist? We do exist. WE ARE in Aegis. We have a disease that makes our brain want to drink blood to survive. That was really rude of you to come and post like that. You should be open to the idea, there's no other vampires on LoTC and we're the first, it's not like we're "unoriginal." Although the idea of "Vampires" are unoriginal, having them in LoTC is not seeing how we are the only ones.

'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

That's more Vampirism than vampires per se

^.^ also don't use your 'sparkle' ability to powergame

'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

That's more Vampirism than vampires per se

^.^ also don't use your 'sparkle' ability to powergame

Respiren, its not so much we are actually vampires, more like cannibals, who believe that we need to drink blood. Its more a mental thing, where we think we are like vampires.

Erh, sorry for going off topic

" I am fine with squid worship, lore-wise and rp-wise it would be more interesting than most the half-baked guilds on the server (points at vampires that don't exist) "

What do you mean we don't exist? We do exist. WE ARE in Aegis. We have a disease that makes our brain want to drink blood to survive. That was really rude of you to come and post like that. You should be open to the idea, there's no other vampires on LoTC and we're the first, it's not like we're "unoriginal." Although the idea of "Vampires" are unoriginal, having them in LoTC is not seeing how we are the only ones.

You are regular people with a mindset that are like vampires, according to your guild leader. BUT there are no Vampire race in Aegis so you can't go refer to something that is not there. It's very much like Meta-gaming.

I have nothing against your idea, but call it something else. It's like someone calling himself Legolas upon a server application, which is strictly forbidden. This should apply to guilds and cities/locations as well (thinking about Winterfell for example).

Respiren, its not so much we are actually vampires, more like cannibals, who believe that we need to drink blood. Its more a mental thing, where we think we are like vampires.

Erh, sorry for going off topic

*Points at underlined text* EXACTLY! Well said. You are not vampires, so call it something else. Be unique, because vampires are not unique stuff (even though someone says vampires in lotc is not unique which is BS. Anything about vampires are not unique anymore)! :D

*Points at underlined text* EXACTLY! Well said. You are not vampires, so call it something else. Be unique, because vampires are not unique stuff (even though someone says vampires in lotc is not unique which is BS. Everything about vampires are not unique anymore)! :D

Yea, I kinda think we should change the name, but to be honest, its not my choice. We could still act like vampires, but be called something different. Finally, its hard to think of good, unused names for things though :P

*Edit: Oh, its funny how I changed my name just a minute ago... Hehe...*

Mayhaps instead of fitting the lore, this deep one cult could be a farmer midwife's tale? You know, sort of a local myth. Not on as large a scale of Aeriel, but maybe in a small town next to a giant lake, my point being something like the Loch ness(Loch monster of whatever)

And Iblees was a daemon, just that he betrayed them.

Pretty much what it is. Maybe we could start a Midwife's tales section of the lore. Sort of official unoficial mythology.

Yea, I kinda think we should change the name, but to be honest, its not my choice. We could still act like vampires, but be called something different. Finally, its hard to think of good, unused names for things though :P

It's all about creativity and imagination.

Now, I feel that I kind of went way off topic. Let's drop the "vampires" in this thread and enjoy Squids :D

If I can get the lore accepted is there anyway to actually make a giant squid in the game? It would be great for him to be swimming around on the new map with invulnerability on.

If I can get the lore accepted is there anyway to actually make a giant squid in the game? It would be great for him to be swimming around on the new map with invulnerability on.

Nope :)