MrMineLoveDude

[Denied]Alex's GM Application | Blue > Red?

Minecraft name/s:

MrMineLoveDude, MrAlexLoveDude

Timezone:

Eastern Standard Time

Skype/Discord:

mistersuper4, MrMineLoveDude#4572

What is your availability:

I’m available from 4pm to 11pm on weekdays and a majority of the day on weekend. I'll be breaking for the summer so I'll be spending an ample amount of time on the server/forums.

Tell us an issue you currently experience on the server:

One of the problems I experience on server is the modreq wait time. I can have a simple modreq such as unlocking something or resolving an issue, and it takes up to hours despite there being a good amount of Game Moderators online. It actually seems that it's easier to get a Game Moderators attention by private messaging them which is quite worrisome seeing that the purpose of modreqs are to have a bridge of communication between the members of the server and the Game Moderators. 

How do you feel individual GMs should present themselves?:

I feel individuals of the GM team should present themselves in a professional manner when they need to, especially when they're dealing with arising problems. Though, they can also be friendly and joke around; Game Moderators should be approachable, someone that another can feel free going to for assistance. You should also be patient, and know how to communicate with others in a civilized manner so confusion is minimized and problems can be resolved easily.

How do you feel the GM team collectively should present itself?:

The GM team as a whole should be open to the community and always reaching out to assist it. The team should be open to new ideas and allow for the members community to get involved in the future of their own community. And also, having the Game Moderators put forth their own opinions and give input and feedback on what they believe will help shape the server. It should also be a friendly environment, allowing room for good jokes and memories that can shared with one another.

Please list three players who will vouch for you:

@sidmmvv, @| ZipZapMan |, @Kikiyami

What is your relationship with the members of the current GM Team?:

Currently, I have no problems with anyone on the GM team. Hopefully I can continue to grow those relationships.

What are your finest and worst traits?:

Finest:

• I'm always willing to complete a task, even if it may be difficult or tedious, I manage to complete it to the best of my ability.
  • I offer my help to others and try to help as much as I can as well. If someone requires assistance, and I know I can help in anyway, I'll reach out and try to offer my aid.
  • I'm very approachable and easy to speak to, and willing to speak with others about their problems. Even as a FM, I get question that aren't really my strong suit but I still continue to answer the question and suggest to speak to the respective team that deals with such problem.
  • I'm very patient with others, and don't let things get to my head, and I rarely see myself hating anyone or disliking them. This goes along with my patience, seeing I'm able to still keep calm even when I'm aggravated or feel annoyed; I still continue to keep a cool head and remain calm.
  • Personally, I like to follow up on things. Whenever I don't understand anything, I always for help or guidance and continue to ask until I feel sure of what I'm doing. I like to take things carefully instead of jumping straight ahead and making a decision that I may regret in the future.

Worst:

• This somewhat contradicts how persistent I am because I'm willing to help and continue to help, though it may take a while. Though, this can be because I have many things happening at once or I've just completely forgotten due to that. Despite this, I still attempt to fight through and continue.
  • I sometimes find myself having a hard time making a decision and overthinking simple things; being very indecisive. Even now, as a FM, I find it hard classifying different things forums and ask someone else to assist me with such.
  • Sometimes I catch myself never saying 'no' and getting overwhelmed with the tasks I'm given. I'm usually always saying 'yes' when I'm offered sometimes and forget to think of the other things I also agreed to.
  • Lastly, I'm always asking questions. This may not be necessarily a bad thing, but I do find myself do such a lot.

Tell us about your time on Lord of the Craft:

I joined the server in August last year and started off with a human character. It didn't really talk to most people, only running around and roleplaying with people from time to time. I branched off towards the warhawkes for about a week before shelving my human character. I made a wood elf persona and later joined the Aureon Seed and got myself acquainted for about a month or so. I became a cleric started connecting with other holy orders in October. I continued to be a cleric, and made a Teacher Application so that I was able to connect and teach others clerical magic as well. I also helped along with the recent New Player Discord for a couple weeks by helping new players when they first join the server and getting them situated, and even before they join. We helped with the application process as well, and help new players who've been on for a while and still have questions about the server. I soon joined the high elven community and starting getting myself into a different type of magic that was opposite of the usual holy magic. And around the same time of doing that, I made another character who is an Ascended, so I've got myself back into the holy magic community. I joined the FM about three weeks ago, and I've been able to give myself a better understanding of the forums as well and what it feels like to have responsibility and a major role in the community. I continue to remain in the elven community but I looked into the creature lore and made a Satyr for experience and enjoyment purposes. Even though my progress in the community was quite slow, I still managed to continue my growth and add onto my experience on LOTC.

What parts of the server are you most interested in?:

This may be a basic answer, but I truly enjoy the roleplay that's provided on the server. There are many well spoken members in the community who are a joy to speak to and get to know. I always enjoy logging on and living in my own character's shoes and seeing where it takes them. And also the community, there are quite a lot of friendly faces in it who are there to help others whenever they have a question. And I like helping others as well, I make guide whenever I feel there's a constant question being asked in the Help Chat and I also answer questions that people while on the server. I pop my head into the Wandering Soul Chat as well and help feel soon-to-be members feel welcomed to the server.

Other than yourself, who of the current applicants would you like to see on the GM Team?:

ZipZapMan, Nekkore, Vaynth, and Nate1450 are great candidates for the job and I believe they'll be able to add a positive change towards it.

Link me a good song:

Don't judge my problems c:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6366dxFf-Os

Blue is indeed better than Red.

Just now, Thomas said:

Blue is indeed better than Red.

Your red doesn't count

Forum Moderator are more of a maroon, than a red, speaking of maroons...

The+Maroon+Mob.png

Also, this lad would be a good choice.

Alex is a good kid, known him since he joined the server. He's matured a lot since he's joined, advancing well beyond his years. I have yet to see him lose his cool.

My only real negative input is that Alex needs to become a bit more confident in himself when he has a choice to make. To make a choice on his own and stick with it.

The kid deserves a shot at least. +1

He is a very capable and kind man :) He's shown his skills by being on the FM Team

Good man, patient and helpful +1

Go for it. 

You're an alright guy, and you've always been there (no matter the T I M E) if I needed help. You'd always call a GM for me, or respond to me in Help Chat when I needed any information. I agree with your issue on the Modreqs, and I think that, because of our experience together, you'll be able to make a change in that regard and more.

From.. 

crusader-the-almighty-inquisitioners.jpg

Alex is a really nice guy and has proven himself worthy on the Forum Moderation Team. I think that it'd be a tragedy to not accept him. Plus, I'd love another pocket GM! Hehe.

+1

Honestly, a pretty swell dude that I can have a good conversation with, he is helpful and already moderates the forums, why shouldn't he moderate the server?

+1

I'd love to see him as a Trial GM. Give him a shot!