The Imperial Garrison

Taketheshot

The Imperial Garrison

MMBsCCZztm-WEtvnzQQDdJKZfdNYYJaqsd8pExJPMASwP7asBrtnn1ore4C3HiQ983cfsHhqoPpL6hvhoQMCjR6n4oH17Kh9T4vn_siWvW2RivpqLV-yG1d1NgOdgCcT3-7nm9_h

“Are we blind? Deploy the garrison!”

-Grand Mayor Bradshaw Gray towards city commander Edmond Manston during a rebel raid upon the city of Felsen

Security, is paramount to any city. A secure city is a safe one and a safe city is one where men women and children, live in harmony. A united Mankind has many enemies foreign and domestic, as seen throughout history the only way to combat this is to raise a levy capable of defending the interests of the Emperor within the Imperial Capital and keeping its people safe. The men of the Imperial Garrison are professional soldiers, volunteers from throughout the Empire they are compelled by honor and courage to serve His Imperial Majesty.

lothar1.jpg

The sun sets over Mardon, a new beginning for the Empire.

Tenets

• To serve the Empire faithfully and without question. To disobey an order from the Emperor is akin to treason and will be dealt with, swiftly and harshly.

• To honour your fellow brothers in arms. Stealing from anyone in the Garrison is akin to stealing from family. The first offence will be met with ten lashes, the second will result in the removal of the dominant hand and discharge.

• You are never to kill a fellow member of the Garrison, unless said member is a threat to the Empire or your own life. To needlessly take the like of your fellow soldier will result in swift execution.

• Act with dignity and maturity, show your prowess in combat and your manners and cool head in the street. You are not bandits, you will not speak like them. Be polite, calm and resolute.

• Never surrender to a foe, to surrender in battle brings shame to the Emperor's name. Fight to the last man.

• When fighting an honourable adversary, show him the respect he affords you. When fighting a foe of no honour, extend none yourself.

• The men of other levies within the Empire are not your foe, they too have been raised in the Emperor's name. Treat them with respect.

• Mission before self, the mission always comes first. You are to put the needs of the task at hand before yourself. An officer will put the mission first, then his men. Only then will he think of himself. An officer should always eat last, be the last one to go to sleep and be the first one up in the morning.

• Protect the people of the capital with your life. The people of the city should be your highest priority second only to your mission.

A man who follows these tenets true to the best of his abilities each day will quickly find himself rising through the ranks of the Empire.

Why Fight

It is of the greatest honor to carry His Imperial Majesty's colours onto the field of battle. To serve the Empire is one of the noblest goals one can pursue, with many enemies to Oren you must be willing to protect the Empire and the Emperor with your life. Many men fight for many reasons, for honour, glory, for the citizens, for  family. With many different reasons men fight one reason unites them all. Service to the Empire, the unsuppressed will to protect and defend a united humanity from those who wish to see it topple. To keep safe the dreams and goals of mankind and its power in the world secure. You fight for the men beside you in the field, those who marched there before you, and young children who will one day march where you did for the same reasons. With service to the Empire you give your family the greatest chance to make something of your name. Many men such as Mattington Ironsword joined the Emperor's forces as a common man, and retired a Baron, his house ennobled. The path of service to the Emperor has many great rewards. But the greatest reward is the legacy you will leave to others.

Chain Of Command

Officers

“Good officers are hard to find, too many times will you come across those focused on the advancement of themselves. When finding an officer who possesses the qualities of loyalty, honour and care for his men. You should hold him close for he is one who's loss or oversight will harm an army the most.”

-Ser Osgod Colbern addressing several other levy commanders at a ball to celebrate the establishment of the southern chapter of the Gold Corps

Commander, the overall commander of the Imperial Garrison, this man reports to His Imperial Majesty was well as other privy council members. He is responsible for handling the administrative tasks as well as other important issues not delegated to the men below him.

Captain Of The Garrison, or simply Captain, this man carries out the orders of the Garrison Commander and by extension the Emperor. He is responsible for training, commanding and delegating tasks to the enlisted throughout the city.

Ensign, these are loyal men who have truly shown their worth and stood out among their peers. They are directly in charge of leading soldiers of the Garrison. Skilled in combat and leadership it is paramount these men be of the highest skill to do their job, and keep the city safe.

Non Commissioned Officers

“Non commissioned officers are the true backbone of any fighting force, they possess the ability to make your day wonderful or downright horrid. The outcome is usually a reflection of your own day's actions however.”

-His Majesty Prince Charles comments on NCO’s to the newest batch of recruits to the Imperial Legion

Master-At-Arms, this man’s duty is to enforce discipline and loyalty within the Garrison. He is one who has shown prowess within the Imperial Garrison and understands its workings, he is also in charge of ensuring that the enlisted follow orders given by the Captain’s

Sergeant-At-Arms, a loyal soldier for his many years in the Garrison the Sergeant-At-Arms are selected from the most qualified Men-At-Arms through a wide range of tests, these men are capable of leading enlisted men and giving orders to them. They work actively with the Masters-At-Arms on matters regarding discipline and loyalty in the ranks.

Enlisted Men

“We are professional soldiers! We are trained men of the empire and can do whatever we put our mind to doing boys!”

-Unknown recruit convincing other recruits that they must demand to see the Duke of Savoy's papers prior to entry into Felsen

Man-At-Arms, the Men-At-Arms of the Garrison are those who have shown aptitude for their work and humbly serve the Empire, usually a veteran of three or four years these men are committed to keeping the city safe.

Footman, these are the backbone of the Garrison, these able bodied young men have been seen fit to serve and elevated from the rank of  recruit. Honorable, loyal and steadfast in their duty. These men maintain the law and order within the city and protect the denizens within from danger.

Recruit, these potential Footmen have been found to be suitable candidates for Footmen and therefore have been enlisted into the Imperial Garrison, they are the lowest ranking soldiers and must serve faithfully and without issue for one year's time before taking the oath and joining the ranks of the Footmen.

Oath Of Service

Upon being promoted from the rank of Recruit to Footman one must properly take the oath, binding him to service of the Empire.

“I ____ so solemnly swear, to serve the Empire the Emperor and his rightful heir, following all of his orders without question or regard to my own virtue or well being. I will not drink with traitors, nor dine with his enemies, and defend his name when spoken ill of. I so pledge my life to the Emperor and the Holy Orenian Empire, so help me God.

Jo2WgbizbHS4NxMEcMUjw1urcxS2yVxZWy7wLiM-P2h5_y-vMdknB3YIanQlg8IBWa96iGGMwI_7unUt1YFQlt-ALypPzJYYwSnNhEKNkOFSf0Ewrz9bChBKlHI3KRPz6hStet5G

The H.I.M.S. Princess Charlotte engages, and cripples a Ruric warship at the Battle Of Dogger Bay

- 10th of The Grand Harvest 1557

How To Join

To enlist in the Imperial Garrison is something that shows faith in the crown and loyalty to the Emperor. Any potential recruits, should you find yourself up to the challenge should fill the below application for it to be processed by Imperial Auditors and the Garrison Captain to see if you possess the traits and skills to serve His Imperial  Majesty.

Requirements

Applicants MUST meet the following criteria to be for for service.

-Not be involved with degeneracy, degeneracy consists of homosexuality, confusion of gender and mixed race.

-Applicants must be Male of the age of at least 15, Female applicants may be considered if they prove themselves to the Garrison Commander and should refrain from applying and instead seeking out the Commander in person.

-Applicants must be either Human, Wood Elf or High Elf, Dwedmar may be considered if they prove themselves worthy to the Garrison Commander and are advised to seek him out in person. Elves must keep ears hidden or trimmed. Dwed must keep their beard trimmed to no more than 2 inches of length. Dark Elves, Snow Elves and Uruks are not permitted. Goblins MAY be considered if they prove themselves an asset to the Garrison such as assisting in research.

-Applicants must be of Cannonism faith and believe wholly in the word of GOD.

Given name:

Surname:

Social status:

Any applicable titles:

Labor skill:

Any prior service:

• Do you understand that by joining the Garrison as a recruit you swear fealty to the Emperor and the Empire for a period of no less than two years, or two saints weeks of service?

• To enable the Imperial Auditors and the Captain processing your application in making an effective  judge of your character, please write a few sentences on why you wish to join the Imperial Garrison,

Given name: Pontius

Surname: Can't exactly remember

Social status: Commoner

Any applicable titles: None

Labor skill: Whatever my superior wishes

Any prior service: None

"I wish to join the Garrison so I may protect the people of Oren from harm and to keep order in the Capital. Finally my last reason to join is to begin my career with the Empire."

Given name:Jack

Surname:Fireheart

Social status:Commoner

Any applicable titles:None

Labor skill:Smithing

Any prior service:5 years in the Westerland army

• Do you understand that by joining the Garrison as a recruit you swear fealty to the Emperor and the Empire for a period of no less than two years, or two saints weeks of service?Yes

• To enable the Imperial Auditors and the Captain processing your application in making an effective  judge of your character, please write a few sentences on why you wish to join the Imperial Garrison,

I wish to join as I wish to defend the people of the empire and retain order in the capital.I also wish to fight in honor as I have done during my service in the Westerlands.

On 6/7/2017 at 6:40 PM, Hero_Prodigy said:

Given name: Maxwell

Surname: Reeves

Social status: Gentry, Knight

Any applicable titles: Knight of Mardon and Pruvia

Labor skill: Smithing

Any prior service:  9 Years in the Westerlands and Westerlands Kingsguard, 3 years in Mardon under the Ioannian Order.

• Do you understand that by joining the Garrison as a recruit you swear fealty to the Emperor and the Empire for a period of no less than two years, or two saints weeks of service? - Yes, I do.

For a decade and a half I have dutifully served the Horen line, whether that be the line of Marna or House Horen-Prussens, I have made a military career out of it. Since the absence of my liege lord, I have been searching for a position to fight to defend my kingdom and my empire, and I believe I have found one in the garrison. My time in the west has taught me not only how to fight, but how to fight with honor, and I hope I can pass on those skills to our recruits here and make the empire the strongest it can be from my efforts.

On 6/8/2017 at 0:04 AM, Balthasar said:

Given name: Pontius

Surname: Can't exactly remember

Any applicable titles: None

Labor skill: Whatever my superior wishes

Any prior service: None

"I wish to join the Garrison so I may protect the people of Oren from harm and to keep order in the Capital. Finally my last reason to join is to begin my career with the Empire."

4 hours ago, Miss Fluffy Wolf said:

Given name:Jack

Surname:Fireheart

Social status:Commoner

Any applicable titles:None

Labor skill:Smithing

Any prior service:5 years in the Westerland army

• Do you understand that by joining the Garrison as a recruit you swear fealty to the Emperor and the Empire for a period of no less than two years, or two saints weeks of service?Yes

I wish to join as I wish to defend the people of the empire and retain order in the capital.I also wish to fight in honor as I have done during my service in the Westerlands.

A letter would be penned to all "Congratulations you have been granted enlistment on behalf of His Imperial Majesty, report to Mardon for further assignment"

Given name: Liam

Surname: Hollstein-Hesse

Any applicable titles: Niet

Any prior service: Niet

• Do you understand that by joining the Garrison as a recruit you swear fealty to the Emperor and the Empire for a period of no less than two years, or two saints weeks of service? I do

I wish to join because my character supports the empire. He wishes to defend the empire the best he can.

Edited by Kumanchu65

2 minutes ago, Kumanchu65 said:

Any applicable titles: Nope

Any prior service: Nope

A letter is penned in swift response "Please ensure you complete the whole application including your acknowledgement that two years of service is required."

On 6/7/2017 at 6:22 PM, Taketheshot said:
  • Do you understand that by joining the Garrison as a recruit you swear fealty to the Emperor and the Empire for a period of no less than two years, or two saints weeks of service?

Just now, Kumanchu65 said:

The given name is the out of character name correct?

((No thats your characters first name. The things you are missing are the final two question.

Any applicable titles: Niet

Any prior service: Imperial Navy (currently active in)

• Do you understand that by joining the Garrison as a recruit you swear fealty to the Emperor and the Empire for a period of no less than two years, or two saints weeks of service? I do

I wish to join because my character supports the empire. He wishes to defend the empire the best he can.

Edited by Kumanchu65

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved. If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.