[✗] Soul Healing - Soul Puppetry addition. (GrayFeat)

E__V__O

Soul Healing - Soul Puppetry Addition (Feat)

LlykONmlUDAPmwJC0OVHKT6Ag7CsKB8FnTfJxY4gqypWb04AAWG_OdBpfhfR7L30JAf9F0i14gNkSGzxQsE-R6GgY0ic-egloq8UBHBZ4s7WBQN1v8007OG1eRKLYuktYiyRflwh

(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d7/46/b3/d746b3dbc932b031b0573889a642a2e9.jpg)

Soul healing with be apart of soul puppetry as a gray feat, though upon first learning Soul Puppetry you’re able to pick up this art instead, or learn it further down soul puppetry.

Soul Healing, is performed with a different use from traditional puppets which is made purely of organic materials which give it strength, bound to the earth. This addition focuses on a minor healing aspect which will be focused on transference between the connected individual and puppeteer. This means, the puppeteer will be able to seamlessly heal a person from injuries taking it upon themselves to suffer for a period of time.

Though this being said it can work in reverse, a puppeteer can inflict his/her own injuries onto the person being puppeted.

::Elevator statement::

“I take the wound inflicted on yourself and take ahold of it on my body to hold or transfer.”

EmkgNBTJsiu8BD1lJ7wyxSdj95YQ7DsHlNFA2TQR_wGpHki5V8AcuSzS3_ki82IbpxjoBwCxzAnqyaJLCVjjvUdqQ0oT2TAoaic6cDrjMdEokoyXKnX9JW-a_ZZQPNVNgy0lueS8

(https://sincerelywishes.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/598787_10151196279464686_481907102_n.jpg)

::Puppet::

The puppet required for this addition would be pure organic substances, such as wheat, clay, moss like the first tier development. This will advance to wood and enchanted wood (elderwood).

The construction of the puppet will require layers, these layers would represent the basic senses of the body. In such, you’ll need materials to represent, bones, nervous systems, organs and skin. Though unlike classic soul puppetry, actual flesh and meat will not work.

The first puppet created will be very similar to exact of the first tier puppet in classic soul puppetry. This being; clay, moss and wheat.  First you’ll create a basic humanoid shape out of the clay, molding it, this will act as the body including organs. Moss covering over the clay, acting like the nervous system and finally the wheat, weave the wheat in and out like a fisherman's net on top of the moss, this will act as the skin.

That’ll be the first basic puppet. As noted it didn’t actually included any of the bone or organ representation. This is due to the first tier not being able work with these.

::Connection::

This connection is somewhat different to classic soul puppetry with also an added range of 20 blocks from both people, be it; up, down, left, right.

The difference to the connection would also include the transference of putting your soul blueprint onto the puppet or the person other person connected to them. This can be done with a similar method of gaining a biological material from said person and connecting them like normal to the puppet, from this you’ll need to apply more focus to the puppet in an attempt to push either your or the connected individuals copy of the soul blueprint onto the puppet. This copy will mirror exactly the blueprint on either person. If you’re closer to the individual it’ll be easier to perform further more difficulty.

cc818X-zJMj9Me4jg5Nc5Vr6ge-ftmxsDYXgCWbjr9sOo6mlKy_oFI51GCKZnqr40u9lwgUah-UDbCBQPc_EoqeR0g4S6C10WRQ44N8YXBBe0BGywQgvSiM7t9ciDEESc6WgnA3s

(http://cdn.micheleknight.com/wp-content/uploads/Depositphotos_27361171_s.jpg)

The connection will only be able to hold for a limited time and when used, unable to be used again forcing you to deconstruct and reconstruct the puppet. Though due to this factor the puppet doesn’t fully need to represent the person you’ve connected towards. Depending on the injury healed or transferred will deplete the time connected accordingly.

::Healing::

Soul Healing, the one ability this allows is transferring current existing injuries onto yourself or another, through the soul blueprint. Though you cannot give/take injuries that have passed a week, this magic also doesn’t prevent someone from certain death. You can try to take it from someone but that’ll mean you willingly commit to a PK to save them.

Also all standard Soul Puppetry rules apply, meaning if undeath (liches/wraiths,ext) pick up this feat, and take injuries from another it’ll be imprinted on them as shadow pain, if they try to take a lung injury they’ll promptly have a wheezing voice or cough until that injury is healed. This can be done with assistance of a necromancer or the creator to cleanse your soul, before the week is up.

With that all being said let’s go into what exactly soul healing can do.

Soul healing, once connected to the individual will either copy yours or the other individual's soul blueprint onto the puppet. With this you’re able to fully analyse the physical injuries on the person and transfer it between each other. Though dependent on tier depends on the level you can transfer the injury. Flesh wounds being the easiest, if someone/you have a cut on your arm you’re able to transfer it to the other person on the puppet.

This can work with severed nerves, broken bones, punctured organs. Cleansing the soul blueprint of these injuries as you transfer.

Though due to the complexity of the body, everything will take time, energy and strength. If you cleanse yourself of an injury you’ll still feel weakened like it exists momentarily, likewise vice versa with the other individual.

The time it takes to transfer injuries depends on the complexity of them. Flesh wounds would be the easiest taking only a few minutes, whereas bones and organs might take 10 minutes or longer.

::Tier Development::

T1:

Minor Flesh wounds (cuts)

T2:

Major Flesh Wounds, Nervous System.

T3:

Bones and Organs.

::Redlines::

1. You cannot do this magic if you’re under too much pain. (eg, no transferring your punctured organ). This also includes if you transfer too much baring wounds for your character to handle

2. The connection as it stands lasts. 30 minutes.

3. The puppet is single use, once the connection is broken you’ll need to create another puppet.

4. The Puppeteer will PK if they transfer a deathly injury as they willingly did it.

5. The transfer will be permanent unless healed, even when the connection breaks.

6. No type of curses can be done on this puppet.

This Feat can be self-teachable if you focus a lot of time on the basic T1 Classic Soul Puppet.

Great idea! This supports that claim of yours that this magic is a "grey" one. However with the very specific healing (ex. a fracture to the middle of the left femur), wouldn't this puppet have to follow the additional lore Crazed created in which the puppet would have to exactly mimic the person to focus on such a specific area of effect? Secondly, how come the puppet for this isn't representing the original damage on the user it's connecting to? For example, someone with slit arm should have a puppet of them with a cut downside that arm. Then the RP could include the puppeter physically fixing the puppet to complete healing as well. If this is what you had meant in the lore, apologies for my confusion.

48 minutes ago, _mkkk_ said:

-snip-

The first option being specific puppets. As this works with a completely new puppet. That places the blueprint directly onto the puppet. You'll be devoid of doing any type of curses on this puppet besides transferring injuries.

The second. Well I was writing out an explanation though nothing came to terms on what is right. I'll include that now saying it needs to reflect. 

Edit: I've lost where I put this in...

So...

I'll just say

"The blueprint reflects on the puppet being the puppeteer or the individual. Highlighted parts of the puppet would signal parts are able to be worked with, otherwise you cannot."

Thanks for the input.

It's nice to see some color, rather than dark and white.

>makes the area not feel pain
>Cuts them selves near mortally
>Transfers
>Kills others randomly with probably minor RP

28 minutes ago, zzaacchhss said:

>makes the area not feel pain
>Cuts them selves near mortally
>Transfers
>Kills others randomly with probably minor RP

abcabcabcabcabcabc

As I stated in the redlines.

" You cannot do this magic if you’re under too much pain. (eg, no transferring your punctured organ). This also includes if you transfer too much baring wounds for your character to handle "

This includes causing mortality on yourself such as cutting your wrists.

1 minute ago, Evocress said:

As I stated in the redlines.

" You cannot do this magic if you’re under too much pain. (eg, no transferring your punctured organ). This also includes if you transfer too much baring wounds for your character to handle "

This includes causing mortality on yourself such as cutting your wrists.

Just get your friend to frost vine your wrists forever and make them immune to feeling, then have them cut on 'accident' and all good

1 minute ago, zzaacchhss said:

Just get your friend to frost vine your wrists forever and make them immune to feeling, then have them cut on 'accident' and all good

I mean it's possible? Though that can go into various applications on multiples of magic. It isn't about trying to abuse this, no current soul puppeteer does minimal RP.

We have a 'death' curse. Which causes instant death. Though this curse hasn't been used in 3 years. It's flavor of context and creating roleplay not trying to abuse it.

7 hours ago, Evocress said:

Soul Healing, the one ability this allows is transferring current existing injuries onto yourself or another, through the soul blueprint. Though you cannot give/take injuries that have passed a week, this magic also doesn’t prevent someone from certain death. You can try to take it from someone but that’ll mean you willingly commit to a PK to save them.

Isn't this literally Ascended healing?

1 minute ago, Avacyn said:

Oh hey you beat me to the punch. Yeah this is waaaaaay too similar to Ascended Soul Mending, which I'll post a brief snippet of below:

Soul Mending

Fret not, child. For that which you have lost, the Archaengul has supplied extra.
 Hide contents

As was told to them by Aeriel herself many centuries ago, the Ascended are instructed to act as a shield against darkness seeking to harm the souls of the Descendants. To see this task met the Archaengul gifted them with the art of Soul Mending, a process by which an Ascended can absorb any affliction of the soul from one person and place the injury, illness, or dark affliction unto themself. Doing this is always a very personal decision to the Ascended performing, as the procedure is both exhausting and can potentially bring extreme harm to them.

In the most basic form an Ascended may bring about a light coating of Soulfire within their palm and then place it over an injury, which will initially cause a soothing, calming aura for the purpose of pain relief. As the fires seep into the skin the injury will appear to painlessly cauterize for the patient, before fresh flesh and sinew appears on the afflicted area. The Ascended will receive all pain during this time.

For more complex injuries, the matter of absorption requires additional clarification. Similar to how the famed Cloud Temple Monks are capable of withdrawing a Soul Template from the deceased and regenerating a body from such, Ascended Healers can access the Soul Template of a still-living but injured person. Any anomalies present on a soul that were not a part of the soul by default will attempt to be reverted, effectively resetting it. The anomalous properties afflicting a soul are many, and extremely varied, but the soul is a constant that the Ascended resonate with.

Soul Mend allows an Ascended to absorb the injuries of a wounded person unto their own body. This occurs because the soul of a mortal and their physical form are directly affected by each other, meaning that a wounded physical form translates to a wounded soul. Just as the physical wound heals over time, so does the soul. When a soul is mended by an Ascended the wounded portion of the mortal soul is replaced by an equivalent portion of the Ascended’s Aerielian Flame. The wound itself is then placed upon the actual soul of the Ascended, giving them the injury. Over time the souls of both parties will regenerate to their natural state.

Soul Mend is not without risk. A lethal wound may be transferred, but the wound itself will not become less dangerous and may even kill the Ascended that absorbed it. Similarly, a broken bone or other crippling wound will now be crippling the Ascended.

Soul mend cannot be used at range. The Ascended must be physically touching the injured party to heal them.

Besides the fact this is literally a repaste of preexisting lore, Dark Arts are rarely capable of healing and the few times they've been allowed to it's been done so in a unique fashion which your own article lacks.

5 hours ago, Avacyn said:

5 hours ago, Master Sage Delaselva said:

-snip-

Although similar, I must admit I have forgotten about Soul Mending. Which if I could come with an argument. This aspect of transferring injuries works in a sense of physical injuries, mental impairments or curses, corruption cannot be transferred to another... Is that enough to be different? No.

I could also go under fire to say that similar abilities have been walked through accepted which comes to a crossing line of similarities of other magics. Still is that enough to be different? No.

One of the last things I could say to argue would be that the puppeteer can also transfer physical injuries they've acquired (within the week) to the other individual. Yet again that is a no stand alone.

Though, bringing those three together. 

Transferring only Physical injuries, from the individual to yourself, or vise-versa. It still sounds like Soul Mending. 

What's the point of replying with arguments you've already debunked and said no towards? It's simple. I do not really have a true argument over what the Ascended already have besides simply. Although this magic might cross similarities to Ascended soul healing, the way the act is performed will not purify the soul of an individuals though take it  for a ride, as soul puppetry has done in the past. This new addition would add puppeteers potential abilities towards bringing a new aspect of role-play towards the table. It's not about "This magic is similar" it's not really healing, I would try to never copy others work. 

Getting into the exact quote.

Soul Mend allows an Ascended to absorb the injuries of a wounded person unto their own body. This occurs because the soul of a mortal and their physical form are directly affected by each other, meaning that a wounded physical form translates to a wounded soul. Just as the physical wound heals over time, so does the soul. When a soul is mended by an Ascended the wounded portion of the mortal soul is replaced by an equivalent portion of the Ascended’s Aerielian Flame. The wound itself is then placed upon the actual soul of the Ascended, giving them the injury. Over time the souls of both parties will regenerate to their natural state. 

"The wound itself is then placed upon the actual soul of the Ascended, giving them the injury. Over time the souls of both parties will regenerate to their natural state."

Although it doesn't say here, Ascended in role-play have roleplayed this to also be a regeneration buff, if you coax a wound from someone the ascended will have increased healing of a wound (aka, normal person 4 days, Ascended 1 day or less). Which i've seen role-played various times. Added in it also doesn't have a timer, mine being capped to a week and not having this regenerative bonus.

- This brings a discussion again if i'm truly trying to bring points towards discussing uniqueness of this submission towards another. Though as I stated above, similarities are present, it in quiet fact is identical in the finish. 

I can only say to this that Ascended magic provides more stability and protection, given in that it doesn't work on dark beings - due to the Aerielian flame. Actually healing the soul. 

This submission to lore already in place, although it branches a unstable version of lore in place, might be able to be provided for multiple magical groups to work with. 

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Besides the fact this is literally a repaste of preexisting lore, Dark Arts are rarely capable of healing and the few times they've been allowed to it's been done so in a unique fashion which your own article lacks.

Soul Puppetry first, is not a dark art. It has been accepted to be a gray art. Mixing in both groups. Added in uniqueness was something this server through out years ago. I was attempting to bring a little fun game. Added in this isn't true healing, it's transferring of injuries. Any other quires I posted above.

Edit-

If any current ascended or MT wishes in helping to make this more unique, please send me a message. This includes if you want to have a discussion.

1 hour ago, Evocress said:

Soul Puppetry first, is not a dark art. It has been accepted to be a gray art. Mixing in both groups

It's a Dark Art. 'Dark Arts' on the server don't specifically refer to anything evil, Dark Arts are all common with one another in that they function by manipulating the present material forces of the world around us. Lifeforce, blood, the soul, etc. This is opposed to Voidal and Deific magics which rely entirely upon the influence of a power outside of the material world.

I so read GrayFeat wrong 

32 minutes ago, Avacyn said:

It's a Dark Art. 'Dark Arts' on the server don't specifically refer to anything evil, Dark Arts are all common with one another in that they function by manipulating the present material forces of the world around us. Lifeforce, blood, the soul, etc. This is opposed to Voidal and Deific magics which rely entirely upon the influence of a power outside of the material world.

Redline #10

" Soul Puppetry being a gray magic and not being dark. "

Though I agree with your concept view on dark-arts. I don't agree with the  categorization of it considering anything can be considered to be dark if it isn't falling in the groups of "Deific, voidal or shamanism". 

That being my personal, putting it behind. I agree with your quote upon standing dark arts and the categorization of it in a professional view to not clutter the forums. I'll stop derailing the thread by arguing personal opinion over professional. 

-

Back on topic as i'm finally back on the PC i'll ping @JCQuiinn and @Master Sage Delaselva as they're both top tier ascended with the edit I made above based on comment.

"If any current ascended or MT wishes in helping to make this more unique, please send me a message. This includes if you want to have a discussion."

I'll further explain. If you feel this is too close towards Ascended Soul Mending which I already referenced above it being. Do you wish to work something out / changing this submission to better suit both sides without crossing over / butting heads?