[✗] Visitants ~ Huntsmen of Yore

_Sug

I don't think we need more magic lore, more alchemy lore, more special creatures/transformed forms. We have many creative things on this server and other groups which already do what this lore wants a group to do... let's the creativity continue instead of accepting what I see as a big rip-off of the Witcher lore. Let's stop bloating our server's lore, it's complicated enough.

I'll first say that if you need some assistance in writing some lore which is away from Witcher and to bring a more unique concept I have a few ideas, they wouldn't harm any current group of magic or guild of people who are monster hunters. 

-

A considerable amount of Witcher Lore has been presented in this lore topic, of course attempted to be adapted into LoTC. This can be an issue considering how much is unique ;/; how much is LoTC. It seems the main issue everyone faces on the thread is this besides the "MarkedMen" group, a counter towards this would've been attempting additions without creating as Kowaman said above 'Special Snowflakes'. I would move away from the Huntsmen idea you have and set a base idea down.

A helpful tip I could say would be, review what the server currently has and set that as a base for an idea. Get references. Write out briefs. Get people to look at these briefs and vote on the best. Expand on the idea with LoTC's lore in mind not 'Witchers'. 

-

That now lets go into my own personal opinion for the lore.

I believe that this lore does show some unique elements which the server hasn't seen / has. Though that being said, you're empowering a group with alchemy potions and various other tools at the disposal with regents not seen prior and purposely for this lore, I do not like this idea and feel that something should be done to fix up this clarifications.

As I could boast an example on how to fix this, look at Bnk's Celestial Arcanism. Specifically the crystals they form with excess mana being used. 

3 hours ago, Sythan said:

In any case, I don't see this actually being enforced. Gonna PK a character with a lot of developed RP over the luck of a roll?

Any good roleplayer will put their life into the hands of RNGesus.

I see the reasoning behind he lore and heck the marked men have even talked about witcher based lore before with mutations but this seems like a cheap way of inserting your peeps into their equation. You can participate in all that you want without this lore & I feel like you should have involved or at least tried to involve the marked men 

12 minutes ago, Sir K Andruske said:

I see the reasoning behind he lore and heck the marked men have even talked about witcher based lore before with mutations but this seems like a cheap way of inserting your peeps into their equation. You can participate in all that you want without this lore & I feel like you should have involved or at least tried to involve the marked men.

While I agree on involving others personally, there have been instances where lore involving certain groups have been accepted without ever once contacting any member of said group.

2 minutes ago, Sky said:

While I agree on involving others personally, there have been instances where lore involving certain groups have been accepted without ever once contacting any member of said group.

Do you have any examples? I'm pretty sure the LT tries pretty hard to not do this.

9 minutes ago, ski_king3 said:

Do you have any examples? I'm pretty sure the LT tries pretty hard to not do this.

I don't have a plethora of examples, but for a singular example there is the lore involving souls and such; https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/160870-✓-lore-clarification-world-lore-animology-a-discourse-on-souls/, which involves the soul tree community and I can assure you no one was contacted, it even spurred the want to submit a whole rewrite into soul trees; https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/161704-rewrite-the-soul-tree/. This is not to say that I am trying to spit upon the team, I'm simply saying that there is an example in the recent past in which lore has been put through that involved a group and no one had been consulted about it. (No matter how minute it may seem to others, even something small can have large outcomes. Butterfly effect.)

What's this steel sword dipped into aurum heresy?

Why not just use slayer steel? It's basically stronger gold. Having a steel sword simply coated with aurum sounds lame tbh

How can I say this... We really dont need something else that'll practically be a copy paste of something from another video game... I really dont want to see a tight knight group of op eternally buffed witchers running around. There are many other ways to achieve abilities like those mentioned in this lore, without needing to make a whole new lore post for it (lore post which many dont seem to agree with). Be it other magics, like witch doctor, or simply alchemy.

Thank you for submitting your piece! It is now under review and a verdict will be given on the 26th.

We thank you for the effort put into your piece, but unfortunately it is denied. The team has found this unbalanced and not really something we want to see on the server at the moment in its current form.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.