[Shelved][✓] Mani - Demigods of the Wild

Can I play Prince of Snakes?

30 minutes ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

Even Cerridwen herself was known to favour the boar god, and take him as a lover.

o my

+1

Like it all but the cerridwen getting fucked by a boar ...

MMmmmmm That's some nice lore you got there. Take my rep. Also this kinda reminds me of arch feys from D&D!

May I ask quickly do these creatures have lesser or superior souls?

Also what makes them possible to control the weather even slightly when the aspects haven't blessed druids to have the same ability.

1 hour ago, Evocress said:

May I ask quickly do these creatures have lesser or superior souls?

Also what makes them possible to control the weather even slightly when the aspects haven't blessed druids to have the same ability.

I would assume given they are demigods that they would have superior souls.

They can control the weather simply because the Aspects gave them more powers than druids. The Mani are literally demigods, entrusted as the direct underlings of the Aspects, who interact with them personally. The druids are a step down the rung.

1 hour ago, Jaeden said:

I actually love this lore. I feel it definitely something I could get behind in roleplay.

DISAPPOINTED TO SEE PRINCE OF THE WILDCATS NOT BEING A GREATER MANI THOUGH. Lions being king of the wilds and all!

Though that aside, amazing read. I've got a couple questions however.

- How much of this information would be known ICly? I'd imagine making some books on them and passing them around both the wood elven library and druidic library would spark a lot of interest in this lore.

- What is the bond or connection between both Mani and Druid? They both share attunement from the Aspects. Would a druid be capable of calling upon a Mani for aid or insight, or be rejected as a lesser being? Aid not being calling upon these creatures for combat or anything unless war threatens to burn down the forests. Rather, aid in assisting the animals of the groves and other more menial requests.

Its always hard when you write new lore for creatures or beings that canonically have always existed, and RPly would have been known about, but OOCly weren't written into lore until now. Yes, I think its reasonable that modern day druids and wood elves will know of the Mani's existence and their general purpose, but perhaps memory of specific names and details has faded over time.

A druid can call for a Mani, but a Mani will by no means bound to answer. They are completely free in will and druids are unable to control them. Mani decide whether someone is worthy of their blessings. Druids, being the aspects servants, are more likely to see a Mani.

Oh boy, more druid stuff. Do we need more druid stuff? I think we have plenty of interesting druid stuff already. Instead of making more druid stuff, why don't we work on deepening the druid stuff we already have? It's not a bad idea, but I just think the lore is oversaturated with simple druid stuff already. Let's complicate and complexify(?) the druid stuff. Just my two cents.

8 minutes ago, Firekeeper said:

Oh boy, more druid stuff. Do we need more druid stuff? I think we have plenty of interesting druid stuff already. Instead of making more druid stuff, why don't we work on deepening the druid stuff we already have? It's not a bad idea, but I just think the lore is oversaturated with simple druid stuff already. Let's complicate and complexify(?) the druid stuff. Just my two cents.

When you say 'plenty of interesting druid stuff' what are you refering to? I'm genuinely curious.

6 minutes ago, Sky said:

When you say 'plenty of interesting druid stuff' what are you refering to? I'm genuinely curious.

For one, there's shapeshifting. While I agree it should remain a secret art, I don't think that there should be any lore so secret that it effectively has no impact on the world anymore. We could do something about that, instead of just adding more to the pile. Additionally, and though Leo says otherwise I know it to be true because of older players, druids can weather control(unless that was removed during my long-ass haitus, which it very well could have been), but on an extremely limited level. 

Edit:

I can tell you've never involved yourself in druid roleplay then. Druid lore is one of the most vague, unexplained and unwritten pieces on LotC. It's why there are so many submissions, rewrites and clarifications being busted out now. To explain both past and present occurrences.

I've played a couple druds throughout my years on this server. Don't'cha remember Raine?

Edited by Firekeeper

2 minutes ago, Firekeeper said:

For one, there's shapeshifting. While I agree it should remain a secret art, I don't think that there should be any lore so secret that it effectively has no impact on the world anymore. We could do something about that, instead of just adding more to the pile. Additionally, and though Leo says otherwise I know it to be true because of older players, druids can weather control(unless that was removed during my long-ass haitus, which it very well could have been), but on an extremely limited level.

There is a bunch of shapeshifters, so that doesn't need to be increased upon as much as you believe, and druid's haven't been able to touch weather since Asulon.

1 minute ago, Sky said:

There is a bunch of shapeshifters, so that doesn't need to be increased upon as much as you believe, and druid's haven't been able to touch weather since Asulon.

If that's the case, then I rescind statements about weather control. What I meant when I mentioned shapeshifting is that, like Jaeden said, "...  there are so many submissions, rewrites and clarifications being busted out now." We need more of the latter two, and less of the first, in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Firekeeper said:

why don't we work on deepening the druid stuff we already have?

That's what I'm doing here, actually.

Also, this is not druid lore. It is possible for these creatures to never have any interactions with druid players in RP.