[Shelved][✓] Mani - Demigods of the Wild

3 minutes ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

That's what I'm doing here, actually.

Also, this is not druid lore. It is possible for these creatures to never have any interactions with druid players in RP.

I use 'druid lore' as a blanket term for lore pertaining to the Aspects. I didn't mean to insinuate that the Mani are related to the druids in any way more than that they share a holy matron and patron. 

Just now, Firekeeper said:

I use 'druid lore' as a blanket term for lore pertaining to the Aspects. I didn't mean to insinuate that the Mani are related to the druids in any way more than that they share a holy matron and patron. 

In that case, this really isn't more lore for druids. In events, the Mani can effect quite literally any playerbase in many different ways. They may be more likely to interact with druids given their shared patron, but druids do not exclusively benefit from this lore. Even if it did, I reflect Jaeden and Sky's comments in that druidism is honestly quite limited, especially in comparison to magics like shamanism and voidal, and can use some extra flavour.

Very nice lore! Would it be possible for Mani to disagree with one another? Alternatively, are some Mani more likely to work together at certain times, if at all?

For example, if a bunch of wasps are busy killing the native population of bees and are in the verge of eliminating that population (which can happen naturally), would the Bee Mani have a clash with the Wasp Mani?

For the alternative example, would Mani group together and work with one another to defend a forest (rich in life) from something that is certain to destroy it, like... Iblees, or some other unnatural creature? Moreover, if an individual takes care of the last of a rare species, would the representing Mani be protective of this saviour of its species? If the last of that species dies off, would the Mani die too?

I may have asked too many questions, but that's really because I'm interested! Love the lore :)

Would need to be limited to event team as I can sense the cancer (ooc fights about power levels)and the ban reports(cyber w/ animal players). I like the lore but it has to be restricted to events

9 hours ago, Qualtagh said:

Very nice lore! Would it be possible for Mani to disagree with one another? Alternatively, are some Mani more likely to work together at certain times, if at all?

For example, if a bunch of wasps are busy killing the native population of bees and are in the verge of eliminating that population (which can happen naturally), would the Bee Mani have a clash with the Wasp Mani?

For the alternative example, would Mani group together and work with one another to defend a forest (rich in life) from something that is certain to destroy it, like... Iblees, or some other unnatural creature? Moreover, if an individual takes care of the last of a rare species, would the representing Mani be protective of this saviour of its species? If the last of that species dies off, would the Mani die too?

I may have asked too many questions, but that's really because I'm interested! Love the lore :)

It is possible for Mani to come into conflict with one another, yes. However they're more likely to work together. Conflict between Mani is unlikely, as Mani are aware of the concept of natural selection- key word natural. Natural extinction cannot be fought so a Mani whose species was fading away would likely accept his/her fate, but the interference of descendents or unnatural beings is something to fight over.

A mani's power is indicative of how prominent his/her species is, so yes, if their species went extinct, they would fade away.

Mani in general are like parents, they punish the disrespectful and reward the respectful. So those who leave offerings or show reverence for nature are more likely to receive an audience or blessings from a Mani. Therefore if you were nursing a member of its species it would likely look upon you favourably.

Mani will work together with humans to fend off dark creatures (like iblees yes).

I hope that answers all your questions. Thanks for your appreciation!

34 minutes ago, Dtrik said:

Would need to be limited to event team as I can sense the cancer (ooc fights about power levels)and the ban reports(cyber w/ animal players). I like the lore but it has to be restricted to events

Don't worry, they're going to be for events only. I never intended to make them for players.

Quite lovely. At first, I thought I knew what to expect, but it's actually quite different from what I initially thought. +1

On 2017-06-11 at 4:03 AM, Sky said:

When you say 'plenty of interesting druid stuff' what are you refering to? I'm genuinely curious.

To be fair, we do already have a crapload of nature stuff.

the real answer I want from @吳憾戰士14 is what the nature guys think of March Ash

also, weather control, /finally/, @Delmodan cannot stop us now!!

Thank you for submitting your piece! It is now under review and a verdict will be given on the 26th.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.

Lore has been shelved and moved to the appropriate subforum. If you have questions about why this specific lore has been shelved, please contact me via forum PM or over discord at Flamboyant#8856