[✗] Inhumanity and Immaterialism

Swgrclan

I think others have stated my feelings plenty. This lore is bad, and we do not like it. One thing I will add is the dumb choice of "Humanity is innately Dark" It's cliched, annoying, and... essentially disregards anyone that doesn't want to be shoved into a melancholy grimdark low-fantasy world. "Humanity" should be, at it's core, gray and neutral with the ability to become evil or good as they want. Sure you may be attempting to use "Light and Dark" in the non-traditional sense, but it's confusing. Yes, you might want "Light" to mean "not of the world, ethereal" but that isn't how it's perceived on the server. And "Dark" should be akin to "physical" because again, it forces people to be in a world where they're forced into a sad depressed world of sadness. This isn't Dark Souls, this isn't Bloodbourne, this isn't whatever other universe you want it to be. The server is it's own established thing, and you seem to be disregarding what is already in place as standard. 

To finish, I wish to note this is not a personal attack on you or your writing skills Cameron. I think you did a wonderful job with the new Creation Lore, but I simply don't like the way you're trying to twist it into a sad depressing thing.

I.. don't understand!

tl;dr: Taint = a certain type of Immaterialism, Immortals are sad men as well. Did I get that right?

It's not difficult to understand, as undead are suppose to be hollow, depressing existences. A lot of the stuff mentioned is already tailored into LOTC, revolving, although the idea Aengul's magic harms something on the basis it doesn't align to their vision of a pure world is the wrong twist currently as many want to escape this bland, one dimensional outlook on Aengul magic being superior to what's deemed dark. This here categorizes everything in one category when things should be looked at case by case with the best judgement, which things slip through, but what can you at end of the day beside simply crack open a cold one.   

Ok... this took me a little bit to digest since if I skimmed one sentence, all hope was lost lol. Anyways, this lore is quite intriguing yet as one of my professors told me: "less wordy, more clear cut." I think this is a great explanation behind understanding the psychological effects of abandoning normal mortality and it seems as if you're providing a backstory to help people comprehend the reasoning behind LOTC history being the undead, original Gods, and mortals.

However, a few other thoughts of mine are:
-I agree with Abyssus if this means this lore would constitute the RP style of irregular beings whether it be Holy or Dark
-Concerning my statement of above, why didn't you just submit the original part as a philosophy rather than a lore submission? The only lore submission piece of this would be one of the ending remarks explaining why Holy magics harm those such as the undead which makes for a better explanation than 'oh it's taint'
-I really think everything, but the ending remark could be considered philosophy... because even if you suggest Holy beings that have ascended mortality may be just as vile of creations as Dark beings, no one will accept this RPly. The ascended won't be cast out of cities like wraiths even if they remain as crazy as they are now

I believe instead of stubbornly putting up an argument, I will confide in the collective opinion that the lore is too difficult to pinpoint to one purpose. I will be closing this as "denied" as I take a better approach and rewrite it.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.