A Nameless Society

Stolos

Villain RP Stuff You Should Know That Does Not Pertain To The Group: I am relatively new to LoTC, but I have been roleplaying for a very long time, and I can understand the reasons why people dislike the current state of this servers villain rp. In the past I had considered playing a villainous character, but until now I had not. And now that I am I do not want to ruin anyone else's time with it. I don't care about winning, I care about having a good time and letting others do the same. And if anything, television has shown me that even dying can be cool in a fictional world. But while my character lives I want to make the most of it, and that is why I am here. I plan to fill this group with as many decent villains as possible. Not to get money or anything other than fun rp, eventually we might earn something but that is not the goal. So if you think you can fit into this then I'd love it if you join. Even if you are not a villain and want to join the fight for freedom, you are allowed. This is not entirely a villainous group but will be employing villainous tactics, so if you are not playing a villain keep this in mind when joining.

Description of the invitation:
     An invitation recently began to appear in places the average citizen of Axios wouldn't think to look, on a wall in a dangerous area of the city or etched into the side of an alleyway in an old village. Few noticed it, and fewer cared to read it, yet those who did usually left very curious. The invitation read, "Those who are willing to earn their freedom, tell me your name, do not worry it will wash away." Below the first line, written in smaller letters, it said, "A meeting will be arranged." On the ground under where it had been written were a couple pieces of white chalk.

Group Description:

This is a society without a name, where every member is a member anonymously. Your neighbor or friend could be in it and you would know no better, that is unless you were also a member. It is one of the group's few rules not to expose the society unless they all agree it is time to reveal themselves. They are a society that aims for freedom and equality through the destruction of all existing governments and social rules, using any means necessary to complete their goals. Being a widely unknown group, members collect information and share it with the whole. Members will do a lot to get this information, for example placing themselves in positions of government. This information is in turn used to target people of power. The society accepts people in positions of power on the promise that these people will work for their citizens and reform their government according to the ideas of the society.

The only people with any titles are the Archiver and the Founder. The Archiver's job is to gather and sort the information given to the society, and when they feel the time is right the Founder can order assassinations, kidnappings, etc. based on this information. Outside of the Archiver and Founder the group separates itself based on skillsets. Some people may work as assassins, and others might work as information thieves. And if someone did not have the skillset to commit those crimes they would simply give information and advise. They have no restrictions in completing their tasks.

burning_castle_by_seb_m.jpg

Anyone is excepted entry, but special skills are appreciated. If you have a guild/organization of your own and want an anonymous ally let me know.

Edited by Carter'sAcc0unt

((This is a bit of an OOC question, but...... Do you accept child characters?))

Victoria Merentel the human child would notice this message carved into wretched and menacing looking oak tree by her home "I wonder what this is about; it sounds like a lot of adventure!"

A gruff looking, weatherworn clothed bard stumbles upon one of the etchings, then notices some chalk bellow. "Oh, how convinent." Then writes a name bellow the notice.

"The Idol"

He then strolls off down the dingy, dark alley, humming a tune as he makes his way to the local inn.

Pontius, a recruit of the Imperial Garrison of Oren, discovers an invitation from this illustrious Society hanging on a wall somewhere in the poor-district of Lorath. He rips the parchment off the wall and crumbles it together and throws it into the dirt, as a final measure he'd spit on it "Oren's all the Freedom you need" he'd say to any onlookers and carry on with his patrol, eyes peering to the right and left now and then.

(really good tho, if i had the characters for the society, i'd def join)

19 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

((This is a bit of an OOC question, but...... Do you accept child characters?))

Victoria Merentel the human child would notice this message carved into wretched and menacing looking oak tree by her home "I wonder what this is about; it sounds like a lot of adventure!"

@NotEvilAtAll((If you are willing, as a child, to join you will be accepted. So yeah. You didnt mention writing your name so I don't know if you just passed by it or wrote your name. Either way, I assume you are looking to join so could you possibly send me the location of this tree, if and when you write your name, so it is easier to find you? 

8 hours ago, KentuckyFriedCreeper said:

A gruff looking, weatherworn clothed bard stumbles upon one of the etchings, then notices some chalk bellow. "Oh, how convinent." Then writes a name bellow the notice.

"The Idol"

He then strolls off down the dingy, dark alley, humming a tune as he makes his way to the local inn.

@KentuckyFriedCreeper*Going to check his invitations, Letholdus looked strangely on the new name, but despite its oddness he wrote it down and removed it from the wall.

((My Skype is carter.minich, my Discord is c a r t e r#2851, or you can pm to discuss what will happen next.

5 hours ago, Balthasar said:

Pontius, a recruit of the Imperial Garrison of Oren, discovers an invitation from this illustrious Society hanging on a wall somewhere in the poor-district of Lorath. He rips the parchment off the wall and crumbles it together and throws it into the dirt, as a final measure he'd spit on it "Oren's all the Freedom you need" he'd say to any onlookers and carry on with his patrol, eyes peering to the right and left now and then.

(really good tho, if i had the characters for the society, i'd def join)

@Balthasar*When Letholdus returns to check the invitation he sees it has been taken down. He yawns, and with a blank tired face retaliates by etching it into the wall it was previously stuck to.

((Thanks. :)

A red letter sealed in crimson wax would arrive via courier to whomever owns the nameless society. It would only be in his hands and would read the following:

"The crimson seeks an alliance, we will house your group and in return we want a partnership. Our goals are similar, those who rule must be cast from their high thrones and fed to the flames. Send a letter if you wish to meet, coordinates will be sent shortly after.. come alone."

A halfling would be wandering about through the path to Sutica, a battle axe in hand as he searches for the man that had  tried to kidnap him just a month earlier. At the corner of his eye he spots a note stuck to an old tree. Curious, he wanders over to it and gives it a read. "Hmm.. Marcy did say I needed to make some friends.." He gives a shrug and, after picking up a piece of chalk, writes out: 

"Snatcher"

He then goes about his way once more, lightly tossing his axe from one hand to another.

A dark elf, happening on the invitation, would raise his broad shoulders in a shrug. He scrawls,

"Spots,"

and hurries on his way.

*Coming Upon The Message Near Norland, Michaelis Everdusk picked up a piece of chalk, and promptly signed at the bottom*

"The Dusker"

*He quickly left the scene*

* A young man with a dirty hood would halt at the paper on the walls of the slums in Adelburg, he precedes to read the parchment as the rain crashed against the floor of the alleyway.  Interested the man scribbles in the corner of the paper*

"Grant"

*He slowly walks away his clothing now soaked from the rain hoping the man who wrote the parchment would notice it*