[✓] Chi Manipulation

_Sug

My reply was removed, so here.

Yes, I like this.

+1!!!!
072.gif

I asked earlier in the thread, but I suppose it was overshadowed by the confusion that came quickly after it. That, or it did get a response, and I can't seem to find it. Either way, I'll ask my original question again, as well as any questions I can think of now.

Firstly, does the bodily healing provided by the Way of the Moon/Turtle have the capability to heal long-term organ damage?

Secondly, and this is a suggestion, instead of a question, but I believe some way to self-teach oneself should be available. Perhaps the training requires knowledge of the locations of some of these chi pools in the world, or perhaps it requires the mastery of a non-magical martial art to be able to unblock one's own chi reserves? Something to make it a little more accessible, even if more difficult.

Edited by Star Platinum
sendo isn't real

15 hours ago, Star Platinum said:

I asked earlier in the thread, but I suppose it was overshadowed by the confusion that came quickly after it. That, or it did get a response, and I can't seem to find it. Either way, I'll ask my original question again, as well as any questions I can think of now.

Firstly, does the bodily healing provided by the Way of the Moon/Turtle have the capability to heal long-term organ damage?

Secondly, and this is a suggestion, instead of a question, but I believe some way to self-teach oneself should be available. Perhaps the training requires knowledge of the locations of some of these chi pools in the world, or perhaps it requires the mastery of a non-magical martial art to be able to unblock one's own chi reserves? Something to make it a little more accessible, even if more difficult.

Thanks for asking questions! I'll leave the first to Sug as I am not too familiar with the Moon. As for your suggestion the problem is, it takes a large amount of Chi forced into ones body to start ones progression, just meditating in a pool or doing anything like that doesn't really force the Chi into you. Unless there is some event or artifact that does that, I doubt it will happen. I'm down to talk some more if you'd like to contact me on skype @Arraggs just because I hate typing on the forums.  

17 hours ago, Star Platinum said:

A.) Way of Moon is the only healing method available and yes, through a major heal organs would probably be mended.

B.) KBR answered it perfectly. 

2 hours ago, KBR said:

Thanks for asking questions! I'll leave the first to Sug as I am not too familiar with the Moon. As for your suggestion the problem is, it takes a large amount of Chi forced into ones body to start ones progression, just meditating in a pool or doing anything like that doesn't really force the Chi into you. Unless there is some event or artifact that does that, I doubt it will happen. I'm down to talk some more if you'd like to contact me on skype @Arraggs just because I hate typing on the forums.  

Thank you for submitting your piece! It is now under review and a verdict will be given in roughly a week.

Update! 

+Fixed Major Strikes to be more balanced in Way of Sun (3 Lesser Strikes Rather than being able to do a full major strike at T2 and 3 Major Strikes at T3) 

+Fixed Minor Spelling Errors

+Added additional info into Way of Turtle.

The described source of power is currently the same as aura. Residue of mana.

Many beings can already see aura and thus you need to further develop the difference.

Likewise because your source comes directly from mana it doesn't make sense to say there is no "chi" in undead. Perhaps they are unaffected due to having other unholy features but the effect should not be "it just doesn't work." I get the feeling this is a "nuetral" magic and thus the thought process should be to involve all types of patron roleplayers. 

I am not a fan of the psuedo-arcanism spells involved. Chi, as described, is a byproduct and thus using it outside of a body/vessel as a projectile spell seems off. That and a magic that can enhance melee hits to cause severe damage shouldn't also have the ability to perform at longer ranges. It is filling in a weakness that I believe should remain present.

The way of the turtle seems under-powered. If way of the sun and crane can enhance the body to be able to make hits or leaps without causing self-harm then why the heck can't the defensive form do the same? 

I like the structure and thought process behind the piece but it isn't fully realized yet. 

I mean I might be retarded for asking this but is this magic Hou-zi only? Or would other races be able to use it, given the proper training?

On 7/10/2017 at 4:07 AM, EmbryoGod said:

I mean I might be retarded for asking this but is this magic Hou-zi only? Or would other races be able to use it, given the proper training?

Towards the end of the lore it says anyone can learn it! Just gotta go about it through rp means. :D

On 7/9/2017 at 10:34 PM, Sir K Andruske said:

The way of the turtle seems under-powered. If way of the sun and crane can enhance the body to be able to make hits or leaps without causing self-harm then why the heck can't the defensive form do the same? 

We wanted it to be a little under powered to start so that rp-ly we could develop it and additions could be added as the rp provided new discoveries.

21 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

That and a magic that can enhance melee hits to cause severe damage shouldn't also have the ability to perform at longer ranges. It is filling in a weakness that I believe should remain present.

1-5 blocks is hardly a long distance. Though, if it really is a problem it can be changed. 

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

Changes have been made at the request of the LT! 

giphy.gif

Is there a - whats the word? - an evil form of 'Chi'? Away from the 4 wayward paths? 

3 hours ago, Gargled said:

Is there a - whats the word? - an evil form of 'Chi'? Away from the 4 wayward paths? 

Wait for next lore addition ;)

58 minutes ago, Sug said:

Wait for next lore addition ;)

I won't pester you because I loved duck dynasty. I'll wait like a peaceful little elf. Oh, and do we need to apply to be a monkey, seeing as you really want more activity?