[✓] Chi Manipulation

_Sug

Just now, A Moongazer said:

If a diety created magic for you then its diety magic though

This post never said Metztli created chi. The post said that the Hou-zi were created with a natural ability to use the magical residue that the Hou-zi, and any other life, naturally generate. I'm paraphrasing, and it's late so that may be a bit wrong, but the post never said that Metztli created chi.

5 hours ago, Sug said:

This innate talent has always been part of Hou-Zi history: when Metzili lifted the primate apes of Asul into the sapient hou-zi, she imbued within Hou-Shen and his kin the ability to draw magic from their environments and use it to aid their efforts in becoming equals to the descendants.

This is probably where you're confused. A simple ctrl+f and I found it for ya'.

1 minute ago, Star Platinum said:

This post never said Metztli created chi. The post said that the Hou-zi were created with a natural ability to use the magical residue that the Hou-zi, and any other life, naturally generate. I'm paraphrasing, and it's late so that may be a bit wrong, but the post never said that Metztli created chi.

This is probably where you're confused. A simple ctrl+f and I found it for ya'.

Even so I'm pretty sure that Hou'zi worshipped Hou'Shen as if he were a god and did not follow Metztli, meaning she would not embue the hou-zi with the magic in the first place.

2 hours ago, EdgyMagey said:

I feel like this magic should be available to little more than the monkeymen

Not like, all elves and stuff but maybe like

I don't know, common between the farlanders maybe?

It's available to all. It says so at the bottom. You just have to seek out Hou-Zi to teach it. 

2 hours ago, A Moongazer said:

Even so I'm pretty sure that Hou'zi worshipped Hou'Shen as if he were a god and did not follow Metztli, meaning she would not embue the hou-zi with the magic in the first place.

This was before she left them and they hated her I think. 

2 hours ago, A Moongazer said:

she would not embue the hou-zi with the magic in the first place.

Metzli was (is?) known as the Awakener to the Hou-Zi. When they were uplifted, he transformed their souls, unlocked their minds and generally spiced them up a bit, however at that stage, Metzli's obsession with creating a perfect race was accompanied by a certain distance. He didn't really mess with their history or require worship, he simply wished to observe their successes and failures in a closed system. Part of raising Hou-Shen to sentience could have most definitely been imbuing them with a predisposition to detect 'Chi,' and use it to their own effect. Metzli most likely grew to dislike the lack of control in his experiments, however, which offers an explanation for why his next fully fledged creation, the Kah', had advantages dependent upon him. This way he could take it away if it proved ineffective or if he wished to terminate or cut off his gifts to his children. Anyway, that's how I see it. 

Edited by Remnant

Metztli's end goal was the creation of a perfect race.  The Hou-zi were a result of her tinkering with souls, and were viewed by her to be a failure.  She banished them from her isle along with many others, and went on to create the Kharajyr.  When the Kha' first landed from the isle, they had their own magic; Muun'trivazja was initially a Kha'-exclusive magic due to Metztli's tampering.

Random trivia aside, it isn't a stretch to say the Hou-zi had their own special gifts.

This is a solid, very nice lore piece. +1

2 hours ago, Remnant said:

Metzli

he 

did you just assume her gender you cissexist shitlord

10 hours ago, Tavern_Roleplay said:

1c2a505e0f546a71fc2c227e0a50c33f.png

be26bd42a286b90ba41a00c7536acc82.png

Note, this is not a quote: "original idea", this is inspired or heavily ripped off of; you be the judge, various European mythology and beliefs. If you read the book The Lord of The Rings you would also note that elves is a highly prevalent theme there too, so thus is this idea really original, or ripped from folklore.

It simply means the original idea to submit the piece. Hahahaha everyone knows Chi was/is an actual belief and all that. No need to say it's ripped off and the like, because it was inspired by multiple different things. It was just his original idea to submit this lore.

tumblr_me0i1vHBCA1rld97io1_r1_500.gif

4 minutes ago, Sug said:

It simply means the original idea to submit the piece. Hahahaha everyone knows Chi was/is an actual belief and all that. No need to say it's ripped off and the like, because it was inspired by multiple different things. It was just his original idea to submit this lore.

tumblr_me0i1vHBCA1rld97io1_r1_500.gif

I was just poking fun at Astraaeus

x.x

Just now, Tavern_Roleplay said:

I was just poking fun at Astraaeus

x.x

Love me though. <3 What did you think of the actual lore itself? :D I'd love to hear your feedback.

Just now, Sug said:

Love me though. <3 What did you think of the actual lore itself? :D I'd love to hear your feedback.

I like it! It has a lot more character than other magic lore on the server, and is something I'd like to see implemented. 

(I am really partial to the Hou-Zi though, so take my compliments with a grain of salt)