The Wolf's Tome

Wolf Druid Ouity

I- Power

The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors - that which it loves, and also that which it fears. Thus, circumstances do not make the Druid; they only reveal him to himself. It means that blessedness, and not wealth, is the measure of right thought; misery, not poverty or lack of family is the measure of wrong thought. A Druid will find that as he alters his thoughts towards Nature and the Aspects, Nature and Aspects will alter towards him. For you will always draw near toward that which you, secretly, most love. The Races surge with uncontrolled passion, are tumultuous with ungoverned grief, and are blown about by anxiety, doubt, and the wars and wills of Aenguls and Daemons. Only the wise Druid, only he whose thoughts are controlled and purified, can make the winds and storms of the soul, and indeed the world, obey him. The greatest achievement was at first, and for a time only a dream. Just as the oak sleeps in the acorn, and the bird waits in the egg, so dreams are the seedlings of realities. Beware therefore of what you dream of. For some dreams are given by the Aspects to inspire us by what may yet be. Others are planted within us by others, foul seeds that we harvest to our destruction.

II- Pride
There is but one way to truly gain mastery over nature, and that is to realize you cannot truly master it at all. It masters you. When one attempts to force it, compel it, command it, or otherwise exercise dominion over it-the power flees like a timid bird. This is because the Aspects know our innermost thoughts. They know how we intend to use Nature’s Gift. Man may deceive other men. But one simply does not deceive the Aspects. If their will is sought, they will come. If we emulate the principles by which they thrive, they flourish in us. Pride is poison to them. In reality, there is perhaps not one of our natural passions so hard to subdue as our pride. Disguise it, struggle with it, beat it down, stifle it, mortify it as much as you please. It is still alive, and will every now and then peep out and show itself. You will see it perhaps, even with in the most sacred grottos of the realm. For even if I, the Arch Druid, could conceive that I had completely overcome it, I should probably be proud of my humility. A desire to be observed, considered, esteemed, praised, beloved, and admired by his fellows is one of the earliest, as well as the keenest dispositions discovered in the hearts of the Races. My advice to new Dedicants is to squelch it all their days, for those desires lead to ruin.

III- Doubt
Many Dedicants arrive at the Groves with passion already instilled in them. They yearn to learn, they carry drive, and zest, and youth, and curiosity. When they enter our great tree, they have nothing, and leave with everything. However, a few lose what they have. The rigorous trials of Dedicancy begin to take their toll on them, or they submit their thoughts to the subtle poison of doubt. No lesson, meditation, or intervention can cure it, for these students do harm to themselves. The mind, like the body, can be moved from sunshine into shade. They submit themselves to the slews of myriad ways of Aenguls, Daemons, and the trickery of man, and they yield before this great power to sway one’s faith in the Aspects’ might. For those of you who would stay and train inasmuch as you strip yourself from jealousies and fears, and humble yourself before the Aspects, for you are not sufficiently humble, the veil over your eyes shall be torn and you will see. See all their glory and power, and know you are beloved. A servant of the earth, and wild. Having received the blessing of their attunement, a Druid should mentally mark out a straight pathway to service, looking neither to the right nor left. Doubts and fears should be zealously starved. They are disintegrating elements which break up the straight path, rendering it crooked, ineffectual, and useless. Thoughts of doubt and fear can never accomplish anything. They always lead to failure. Purpose, energy, power to do, and all strong thoughts cease whenever doubt and fear creep in. The will to do springs from the knowledge that we can do. He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure in all his endeavors, both as a Druid, and a person.

IV- Blight
In every era there comes a moment when the collective thoughts, whims, and motivations of arcane delvers and scheming politicians become so self-absorbed, so malignant, so unheeding that nature itself revolts. Man scars the land such that it finals rebels against him. As thoughts can spread despair and death like seedlings of weeds strewn by the wind, so they must eventually draw the Druids to pluck them out. The vetches must be pulled, roots and all. When this happens, the Aspects cease to bless, and instead they curse. Instead of healing, they spew poison. It happens so swiftly and terribly. The ancients of the Wayward’s time gave it a name, this culling process that blackens the world. They named it after a wasting disease that occurs in once-healthy groves of trees. They called it the Blight, and the first of these, the Great War.

I put this quill to paper here now so that others do not make the mistakes I did in my youth. Blinded by war and hate, my transgressions were many, and hard to earn penance for. Though I served the Aspects diligently for many lifetimes, I fear that in my heart, I have failed them. May the Aspects look kindly on me in the afterlife-
Xal ussta stath xunde mir dosst elamshinae.

-Wolf Druid Ouity

Retired Arch Druid of the Order

Elandriel Grove

Edited by Wolf Druid Ouity

An anonymous letter is penned to the Druid whom wrote this fine piece of work. The person whom wrote the letter obviously had a disdain towards Druids, as the contents of letter were:

"Is it true that Druids, both male and female don't shave or bathe?

Your's truly, Anonymous." 

2 hours ago, _SuitAndTie_ said:

An anonymous letter is penned to the Druid whom wrote this fine piece of work. The person whom wrote the letter obviously had a disdain towards Druids, as the contents of letter were:

A response is pinned to this note. 

"No.

- A man."

14 hours ago, _SuitAndTie_ said:

Yes.