Sign in to follow this  
Space

[Completed] Meating eat is morally wrong

think of how many farmers will lose their jobs if the world would not eat meat.

On 2017-07-08 at 6:20 PM, Imam Faiz Kharadeen said:

Boi, now u got me talkin in CAPS.

The world literally can not sustain itself without allowing meat to be on the menu. If you attempt to force a meatless diet on the entire world, it will only have severe repercussions such as loss of population, deformities, and illnesses. Meat, mainly chicken, beef, and pork, make up a great percentage of the food industry network (estimated at like 65%). What happens when you cut meat completely out of the question?

Well, first the environment gets better. Less pollution, people can breathe easier. THIS IS THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT IT!

TWO, jobless. Meat agricultural industry is like over 1billion jobs, which includes the production and sale of animal products. Force Veganism on everyone? Boom, now we got an economic problem to solve.

Three, our bodies literally can not sustain itself without animal products. Eating red meats is literally smashed into our genetic code, its what helps strengthen our immune system. You can find proteins sure, but what about Creatine? What about Vitamins b12? DHA? You literally can not find a handful of essential nutrients that is available in red meats in plants. Plus, its no secret that people get sick quite easily when you go vegan, hell even being vegetarian can make you sick. I have a good many handful of friends who are either vegetarian or vegan who are sick literally every month. Quite literally every month, their immune system is so ****. Why are they always getting sick? Could be they just have weak immune systems, could be the new meatless diet they pushed themselves on. Irregardless, my theory is that they get sick more often due to lack of nutrients. Rip.

Four, world can't sustain itself. Do you honestly believe we can feed the entire world without meats, when meats makes up a heavy percentage of food supply? Developing countries will find it 100x harder to get to our standards of living on strictly a green diet. The world itself would find difficulty in surviving as well. You gotta remember, we have seasons on earth meaning a great many plants can not be grown or harvested during a specific season. So trying to get a vege good when its not in season will not only be difficult but will most likely be costly as well. Some countries will find it heavily difficult to even produce its own food if their in a climate that can't allow for growable conditions, meaning they have to rely heavily on imports which would become more expensive than it already is. Why? Because most countries have some sort of agricultural standing, usually in the meat industry. They're able to feed their people, but still require imports. Cut out what they were able to already produce? Means more imports, more money to spend.

Five. No, I will not reduce myself to consuming fake meats or food produced by the science community (In case you were going to bring that up as a counter argument). Thats the best way to get cancer, eat natural fam.

All in all, I can go on forever as to why making the entire world a vegan planet is bad but the main argument is that the world will not sustain itself. Populations will shrink, developing countries would suffer, poverty would increase, and so forth.

Plus, meat is ******* delicious. I love cheese and fish too, and ICECREAM and COOKIES, and BROWNIES! I love candy, and kebabs, and sandwiches. Everything that contains animal products is good af! And I'm healthy af from eating it all. Woop woop

I don't think that first part is accurate or supported by any evidence, but that's besides the point. We're not talking about the world going vegan. We're talking about individauls.

The free market will decide what happens with those people who lose their job :^) capitalism

Anecdotal evidence isn't evidence.

We would just feed the world with the food we're giving the animals (which 90% of those calories are wasted raising the animal anyways). Also, refer to my first staement.

Anti-GMO is propaganda fear mongering.

I enjoy those things too. Doesn't make it right to eat them. If you think that does give you a right to eat them, there are many things that bring pleasure that you don't do or that society decided we shouldn't do.

On 2017-07-08 at 9:16 PM, KiausT (The Alpha ****) said:

I believe that animals are inferior to humans. Animals are meant to be eaten, be it in the wild or by humans. It is not abuse to kill an animal humanely and consume its parts. Odds are, that would have happened to the animal anyways.

Another thing, what would keep population levels of animals down if we didn't eat them? And, in some parts of the world, humans hunt down pests that devestate the environment, such as lion fish, and they get profit from it. It would be a waste to just kill the animals and not eat them. (Unless you know what you know what you are doing, don't eat a lionfish. Those are poisonous as **** and must be cooked by a professional.)

Why are they inferior? What trait separates an animal and a human? Why are they meant to be eaten?

Idk before humans animals didn't seem to have much an issue with overpopulation- Atleast, when they did, the population levels would lower as food supplies got over-eaten, etc.

On 2017-07-08 at 11:27 PM, Aqua Vita said:

I like the taste of meat and my diet is already limited enough by being unable to eat anything with gluten in it.

Gluten free bread sucks

I like cool TVs doesn't mean I should be able to take whatever cool TV I want

On 2017-07-11 at 3:40 PM, Chaw said:

oh god what the **** has this turned into!?! why did you fall for this *****'s bait?

guess i may hop on anyway,

meat is tasty and i don't give a **** about animals, idc if they feel pain or if they are factory farmed as it doesn't affect me, questioning my morals wont do ****

If ur gonna tell me 'it's bad for the planet' fine; i don't give a **** either

Why don't you give a **** about animals? What separates an animal and a human?

On 2017-07-11 at 6:52 PM, Jacobcraft04 said:

think of how many farmers will lose their jobs if the world would not eat meat.

Irrelevant because that's not what the discussion is about, but these jobs could easily stay in the agricultural sector. People will still need to eat.

I had counter argument but the forums deleted them, so I'm just going to paraphrase them. Also, you can't just ask why and have that as a counter argument. This is a debate, not a philosophical quest. 

Everything organic and safe to eat is meant to be eaten. Animals, plants, even humans fall into this category. 

Animals are inferior because they are not the same species as me. My species will always be more important than another species, therefore all other species are inferior. 

3 hours ago, Space said:

Why don't you give a **** about animals? What separates an animal and a human?

What seperates us is that we haven't been enslaved by animals, rather they have been enslaved by us. 

i love meat

The day you try to stop me having a bacon sandwitch is when the civil war begins

‘What is man that you are mindful of him, 
and the son of man that you care for him? 
Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings 
and crowned him with glory and honor. 
You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; 
you have put all things under his feet’.

-Psalm 8:4-6

Xox

Rosa

lol idc if its 'morally wrong' or whatever silly term you've coined on it

i can do it, its good for me, it tastes good, i will eat meat