CUT THE TALL TREES

herculean_wud

SHAPOG-DURUB

“DIE TWIG!” - Rex Kuntklobbera as he drowns the model of an elven Prince during bath time.

The hour was late, the city slept… and when the drunken amusement ceased, when all had resided to the comfort of their sleeping mats and furs and slumber, the Rex remained awake, thronged by his kinsmen; kinsmen of the utmost importance. A cup of grog sat beside him, and a smouldering blunt was poised within a crude wedge, of what could only be considered by an ork to be an ash tray. Many sleepless nights had seemingly overwhelmed him- his face sagged and his eyes drooped - but he stayed awake for one last night. One last night to finalize his preparations;

For it was time for war.

“Bruddas.” He yelled, silencing a volley of bickering between his council-members, “Have you ******* heard yourselves? Spitting at each other like children!” He scowled, sliding into his seat, “War is no childrens game. We march on the twigs as soon as possible.” He commanded, wrothful that the REPARATIONS HE WAS DUE were not payed. He looked to his Targoth and old friend Gnarl’Lak. Who nodded. He knew what to do.

“The council is dismissed.” He muttered thereafter, rising from his throne. He made his way, in somewhat of a hobbling gait, towards the grandiose doorway, his council members - out of respect - only leaving until he had. The night air was cool and the wonted breeze that lingered instead of the clangour of work was pleasant on Kuntklobbera’s face. It made him smile, but did not avert his thoughts- for they were grim… they were thoughts of his friend and Rex, Vorgo’Yar, and the slaughter and displacement of his kind.

image?w=555&h=397&rev=16&ac=1

Trudging through the dune, his face wrapped with rags to protect against the onslaught of hectic sand, Rex Kuntklobbera made his way to the outermost region of the desert. The beating sun- orange and pinkish -cast its rays across the sand-blasted expanse, the early light blinding the mortal Rex. Clustered within an alcove, a damp alcove, was a collection of shrines in the depths of its underbelly, jutting from a shallow pool of stagnant water. A natural glow lingered to the darkness and overcame it, casting its otherworldly glimmer on the shrines; And their countenances.

Faces looked out upon the encroaching ork. They glared; their  eyes stoically remained poised upon the upright form of the orkish Durub. He thought he saw them come alive. Alas… it was his weary mind playing mocking japes on him- construing his vision. They blinked, and their faces contorted into a scowl… Surely this was some cruel apparition of the sleepless. No, no, it was him. It was him.

Engraved beneath each of the faces were names: Vorgo, Khorgak, Morka… names that were forgotten yet remembered. Kuntklobbera had come to see these names for one last time, to remind himself of the purpose of this war- for it was not for his own gain, it was to avenge his brothers who were wrongfully killed! Killed by the twigs!

“Shapog-Durub. Shapog-izg Durub.” Was all he said.. The faces liked this. They lapped up the words like a sweet nectar and beamed a smile of satisfaction. And it was so. The words drifted away like a grain of sand in the wind, and Kuntklobbera was silent once more…

But the ever-roaring machines of the Uzg were not, for it was time for War.

“SHAPOG DURUB. SHAPOG-IZG DURUB.”

WARCLAIM

Tier Chosen (This cannot be changed after the first warclaim is held): Tier 2

Type of battle: Skirmish

Date And Time: 15th July, 5pm EST / 10pm BST

Side A: THE WAR NATION OF KRUGMAR + ALLIES

Side B: THE DOMINION OF MALIN + ALLIES

Location and boundaries:

Direct Area:

https://i.gyazo.com/638d1e67e7a88f83fe0c07a93ffb7609.png

Surrounding area of battlefield for reference to location:

https://i.gyazo.com/ff74f10e2d0240a3972c195e5908ed0b.png

Terms of Victory

Side A: All defenders are killed or are routed.  

Side B: All attackers are killed or driven from the battlefield.  

Upon Victory For...

Side A: The Dominion of Malin cedes land to the War Nation of Krugmar, retaining the status of VASSAL.

Side B: The attacking force cannot warclaim for 2 weeks and the defenders will have the chance to declare a counter attack.

Rules

-Provided rules that the attacking faction wishes to put in place:

- NO STATUS SWITCHING

- NO ONE DAY ALTS

- IF A SIDE DOES NOT SHOW THEY FORFEIT

- ALL LOTC RULES APPLY

-NO GAPPLES

- NO SALT, WE’RE ALL FRIENDS HERE :)

Spoiler

I ALREADY KNOW OF THE BACKLASH / QUESTIONS THAT ARE GOING TO ARISE, AND WILL ANSWER THEM IN PM'S TO A WAR GM (PREFERABLLY NAZDUS, WHO I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET IN CONTACT WITH FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS BUT ALAS TO NO AVAIL) 

Spoiler

0bad79d53a0011207ca1144bd0aa9359.png

Awfully inefficient route when there are these crazy cool cat new designs called boats. They're like floating houses but can move!! 

13 hours ago, Your Favorite Impure™ said:

snip

No casus bellis? WHERE SHOULD I BEGIN!?

-The Capture of Rex Vorgo'Yar 

-The Killing of Rex Vorgo'Yar

-The Killing of Dominus Khorgak

-The Killing of Wargoth Morka

-The Genocide of Ork Kind

-The Displacement of Ork Kind

-Aiding Oren in the Genocide of Ork Kind

-Aiding Oren in the Displacement of Ork Kind

-Conflicting Religious Views

-Blaspheming against the Spirits

-Failing to pay Reparations for the above

If my calculations are correct thats a total of 11 POSSIBLE CASUS BELLIS.  Now, even with the new war rules these are completely and 100% valid. The events happened what, 9 months ago? Each CB is valid for 3 months (After each month that passes it drops a tier).

17 minutes ago, Grubgoth Wud said:

FMs and GMs, I understand I'm not the single principal nation leader, but I am one of the main leaders, and main people involved in coordinating with all the GMs and the Admin involved in the moderation of this situation. Would appreciate if this post was kept up.

Firstly, all of those Casus Bellis were part of the same event, the siege of San Kharak, an event where the wood elves were tertiarily involved as Orenian Vassals. You cannot stretch that out into 11 different casus bellis, that's absurd (let alone ignoring the fact that most if not all of those individual killing you listed were done by Orenians not wood elves). That'd be like if instead of a nation invading another nation being one casus belli, every single soldier and civilian the invading nation killed made up its own, isolated casus belli. You're really stretching logic very thin to accomodate your warped view of the rules.

Secondly, all the events you listed (all part of the siege of san kharak) happened 9 months ago, which, as you claim yourself is now invalid as it has been more than 3 months. (it happened last october)

Regarding your "Failure to pay reparations" point, actually, we have. See below:

A peace treaty has been signed and reparations paid between the two nations since the siege of san kharak, and it can not be re-used as casus belli because of it.

As for your claim of disrespecting the spirits and what-not, I don't really see that either. One of the Dominion's principal sub-race leaders is a Shaman (Dakirennis) and one of our main races, the dark elves, worship the Spirits, which we happily encourage. The only thing I can think of being rationalized as "Disrespect of Spirits" is when we killed that one orcish Shaman who was literally helping you raid us, unprovoked.

To summarize, you cannot stretch one casus belli to be 11 casus bellis. And the one you have is far older than 3 months, which is the cut-off date, and even if it was not, a treaty and reparations have been paid for it already while ago, rendering it unusable again.

I'll quote my good bud Leowarrior14 here from your previous thread:

On 6/28/2017 at 11:39 AM, 吳憾戰士14 said:

((Apologies, but any grievances between nations that happened prior to the signing of a peace treaty between said two nations cannot be used as casus belli.

As far as I'm aware, granted I could be mistaken, the three month cooldown between each CB does not restart after it lowers (I.E. Three months have passed, drops down to Tier 3, cooldown of three months restarts), nor can you hold one CB for three months, then start another one, three months, and on and on. So, granted all that happened nine months ago, the last time those could be valid was a whopping 5-6 months ago. 

In regards to the whole "blaspheming the Spirits", one of our Princes is actually a shaman, and is allowed to practice their art freely. Once more, if Nazdus would like to step in to elaborate on the whole "Conflicting religious views" thing, I'd be more than happy to discuss that once a chat is made to discuss this, if one is actually made. However, even if that CB does go through, it would drop to a Tier 3 WC, making it a simple "Pillage" WC.

Dammit Leo, you responded in the middle of me typing this. I'm posting it anyways.

31 minutes ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

FMs and GMs, I understand I'm not the single principal nation leader, but I am one of the main leaders, and main people involved in coordinating with all the GMs and the Admin involved in the moderation of this situation. Would appreciate if this post was kept up.

Firstly, all of those Casus Bellis were part of the same event, the siege of San Kharak, an event where the wood elves were tertiarily involved as Orenian Vassals. You cannot stretch that out into 11 different casus bellis, that's absurd (let alone ignoring the fact that most if not all of those individual killing you listed were done by Orenians not wood elves). That'd be like if instead of a nation invading another nation being one casus belli, every single soldier and civilian the invading nation killed made up its own, isolated casus belli. You're really stretching logic very thin to accomodate your warped view of the rules.

Secondly, all the events you listed (all part of the siege of san kharak) happened 9 months ago, which, as you claim yourself is now invalid as it has been more than 3 months. (it happened last october)

Regarding your "Failure to pay reparations" point, actually, we have. See below:

A peace treaty has been signed and reparations paid between the two nations since the siege of san kharak, and it can not be re-used as casus belli because of it.

As for your claim of disrespecting the spirits and what-not, I don't really see that either. One of the Dominion's principal sub-race leaders is a Shaman (Dakirennis) and one of our main races, the dark elves, worship the Spirits, which we happily encourage. The only thing I can think of being rationalized as "Disrespect of Spirits" is when we killed that one orcish Shaman who was literally helping you raid us, unprovoked.

To summarize, you cannot stretch one casus belli to be 11 casus bellis. And the one you have is far older than 3 months, which is the cut-off date, and even if it was not, a treaty and reparations have been paid for it already while ago, rendering it unusable again.

Regardless if oren did or not, you were directly involved, therefore putting you in the direct line of fire. 

Reparations- new leader, new ideologies, I recall posting a thread about a week ago!

"A peace treaty has been signed and reparations paid between the two nations since the siege of san kharak, and it can not be re-used as casus belli because of it." - Show me the rule that states this, thanks.

You dont seem to recall pulling down the shrine of Leyd then? THAT seems pretty blasphemous/disrespectful... especially when my character is devout as devout can get to leyd. 

To summarize, you cannot stretch one casus belli to be 11 casus bellis- nothing definitive that states this, so I guess its up to discussion/the opinion of the war gm overseeing. 

Just now, Grubgoth Wud said:

"A peace treaty has been signed and reparations paid between the two nations since the siege of san kharak, and it can not be re-used as casus belli because of it." - Show me the rule that states this, thanks.

Ever posted a rule clarification of this during his tenure as admin I believe. I will try to find it, but it'll require some digging.

Meanwhile, a precedent set by the recent ruling on the Oren - Coalition warclaim where it was ruled that if (reasonable) reparations were paid for grievances, then no warclaim could take place. In our case, we have already paid, all the way back in January.

And in that Oren -  Coalition case, the grievances in question were actually recent, and not 9 months old, and thus well past the 3 month expiry date of CBs.

You dont seem to recall pulling down the shrine of Leyd then? THAT seems pretty blasphemous/disrespectful.

I actually do not. To my knowledge, no Shrine of Leyd was put up in our lands, and if there was, I find it hard to believe there was a deliberate and spiteful attempt to destroy it in RP without me or literally any of our leadership hearing about it.

And even if you manage to disregard everything I just said, you still have no casus belli less than 9 months old.

4A8XqA2TWzc8USE60e73P4mWNovwA4Z4nbQCiAoDdDMQuXjcov2ZszbyqdaZVGMldM6WgZyVRmr1ZlwWoiuw0AWgK_vMeEunAXAdQEX3cbRQ9NWrgiNlTG7JkKNFULVCw34wUlEV

There really isn't much to say beyond this.